Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #151
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Deb, just prayed for you and your hubby. I hope you both are back in tip-top shape very shortly. Night. Thanks for clearing up that mystery about the cereal. It sounds good to me but I've never seen or tasted a hemp seed.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
haha ! I tend to do that sometimes. I'm confused Debby when you said you cook veggies ahead for yourself, but when you cook for DH you can only eat the meat ?? I'm kinda slow I guess....... or I read it wrong.

I cook tons of food when DH is working or fishing. I will make several meals and then freeze a lot of the extras and have meals for a few days so we can pick and choose what we want without me cooking. I love to cook.......and I love to eat

Glad you had a good day at work Cheryl .

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #153
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby hope you and DH feel better soon. Will lift you both up also !
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
LOL! I don't have to cook for DH when he's not home... I cook stuff in bulk for me, only because I have to for my diet.

I don't know what you're confused about the cereal... I just mix it up in bulk. Maybe because I referred to nobody else likes it? I've been eating the same for over a year, so have offered it to company.

Since I started going to the naturopath, she makes me eat lots of veggies, cooked of course, because of the hypothyroid problem. And since I'm too lazy to cook them every night, I cook the whole thing in one shot & sometimes 3 different things which I can then store in the fridge "cooked" rather then raw.

Does that make sense? Long day.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
haha ! I tend to do that sometimes. I'm confused Debby when you said you cook veggies ahead for yourself, but when you cook for DH you can only eat the meat ?? I'm kinda slow I guess....... or I read it wrong.

I cook tons of food when DH is working or fishing. I will make several meals and then freeze a lot of the extras and have meals for a few days so we can pick and choose what we want without me cooking. I love to cook.......and I love to eat

Glad you had a good day at work Cheryl .
Ah, I see what I left out. DH doesn't like the veggies that I eat. He likes potatoes & bread & pasta & gravies, etc. So if I cook a roast for him, I can eat that, out of what I've cooked for him. Other then that, we don't eat the same things.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #156
Blabbermouth!!!

haha....... I thought it was just me Have a good night !
Old 01-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #157
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I'm getting set to make my cereal. I make 16 times the breakfast serving, saves my mornings! Of course this morning I was out of the mix, part of the trouble I had in getting something to eat with the Tylenol while I could still stand up... went real simple this morning.
This is what you wrote before you explained how you make the cereal. It came off as confusing to me but now that you explained, it sounds perfectly clear.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, I see. Sorry 'bout that!

I'm not sure if I have the flu, or just flu-shot reaction, so I'm going to stay home today. I don't want to pass anything on to my grandkids or the people in the church. Although, I feel much better this morning, just some congestion. I actually got to sleep in this morning & slept very well all night.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #159
Big Yapper!

I suspect it is a reaction to the flu shot. That isn't uncommon. I've had it happen to me before which might be why I stopped getting them. I haven't had the flu since, either. (Knocking on wood.)

It's good that you stayed home. They say a person is contagious around 2 days before they even start having symptoms.

I'm going to get off my lazy, sleepless arse and go get my Restoril prescription now. BBL. Feel better, sweetie! Is hubby turning the corner with his illness? When does he start the journey back home? Poor guy. I really feel for him.

I don't know what it is about declaring I'm going to do well with diet etc but I become an automatic time bomb. It's time to bow out altogether. I have to do something entirely different, like GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.

I think it's time to make that change. Hoping all of you have the greatest of success. PM me if you wish to stay in touch. God bless each of you. I know where you can be found.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I'm thinking that the dinner I went to, (where he was sneezing), was flu. Don't know for sure, but he was really bad.

DH is still quite bad. Violent diarrhea still. I'm quite concerned. The nearest hospital is only an hour & 1/4 away. I hope they take him there if he gets too dehydrated. He's not worried (of course) and is trying everything that he's been given. The clinic will probably open tomorrow, to see a Dr. I just hope & pray that he improves today.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #161
Big Yapper!

I had forgotten about that sneezy guy. Oh fudge.

He must be really dry after this many days of losing so much bodily fluid. He's drinking the gatorade? What else is he doing? Is his buddy sick too? I will keep praying for you both. This is no time for him to be feeling so rotten. What a beautiful ride it must be, going to and from Mexico and where you live. I would love to travel that route once or twice in my lifetime.

Anyway, I hope they give him so IV fluid in the clinic. If not, he probably be seen in the ER so they can start an IV and give him at least a liter of something. It will make him feel a whole lot better.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I looked up hospitals. There's a hospital 1.25 hrs. away in Puerto Vallarta. Hopefully he will get all the help he needs at the clinic.

No, he's the only one that is sick. When we were there before, that's what happened too. I didn't get sick, but he did several times. Not sure, but it seems like he's more susceptible to it. Seems like he'd build up an immunity, but obviously not.

He just started the Gatorade yesterday. Hates it, but is trying. Says everything just goes right through him still.

I'm having a very quiet day. Just went through a bunch of my clothes, gathering up some for Sal.Army. I should be doing bookwork, but seem to be finding other things to do...
Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #163
Big Yapper!

Well, considering how many hours away HOME is, he'd better make the trip to the hospital if the clinic doesn't give him IV hydration. He shouldn't try to come home until he's gotten some fluid that won't pass right back out of him like everything he's been taking orally. I hope he understands this and does what he needs to.

I'm glad you're having a quiet day. We all need those every now and then. The more the better! I am feeling so anxious over the new job. Trying to fill out the paperwork for tax deductions and all that stuff and it's just giving me agita. It's opening up all sorts of deep-seated feelings and memories (unconscious ones) that are causing me a mild panic attack. And the fact I locked the key to the truck inside of it isn't helping matters. Oh! That and having the wheelbarrow break in the same afternoon, as I was using it. It just picks the scab off of "healed" wounds from my working-as-a-nurse days. I can NOT go into detail. It's too traumatic to try and paint pictures. But I am truly disabled and it is rearing it's ugly head right now.

In short, I am freaking out.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

I 2nd that your DH needs a liter or two of IV fluids. They can give him meds through the iv to stop /slow down his GI tract too....... hope he gets the help. Not sure where you live, but it took him several days to get down there right ? It wouldn't be good for him to get on the road dehydrated....... wow,he would feel awful.

Glad you are having a quiet day.... me too. We just went out to eat with DS and GF. DH now has the Texans football game on and fireplace lit.

Cheryl, I know what you mean. I have had some traumatic events as a nurse too, don't think we ever get over them. ;/
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl & Laura for your medical recommendation. I will pass on your wisdom to him tonight. I think I told him that last night, but will do again.

Sorry you about your panic Cheryl. I will pray for you. When I have those kind of attacks I have to rebuke the enemy & set my mind on things above. You are going to be a great blessing to them, they've seen your work & know that! Now you just have to know that too. And believe that its ok to make mistakes... we all do. (I HATE when I make mistakes too). We all forgive others their mistakes, but don't seem to think its acceptable in us. Deep breath & prayer! Give it to Jesus!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good news! DH is better! The new meds worked for him & he was able to keep everything down, no more stomach problems. His friend needs to stay for another week, so DH is heading for AZ tomorrow, to visit with his sister. If all goes well, he'll be able to visit her & then his mother in WA, and our DD in BC before his friend meets up with him. I'm so relieved that he's not sick anymore. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

I'm feeling better now. I avoided the book-work today, chose to sort through my drawers & some of my closet. Got 2 grocery bags for Salv. Army. I was trying to find my smaller bra's, but no luck. The ones I've been using are too stretched out. So, will order some.

Looking forward to going back to work tomorrow! It was just too quiet today.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

PTL Debby !! I'm so glad he's better
Old 01-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes! Amen. It is such a relief.

I love your new picture!
Old 01-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #169
Blabbermouth!!!

maybe you will rest well tonight knowing he's better. Smaller bras ?? I don't know what that is ! ;0 I am hmmm... well endowed and gain most of my weight in my boobettes and my tummy ;/ Glad to know someone loses weight there No seriously, when I got down to 117 about 10 yrs ago, I actually went to a 34 B .....but when I gained some back, that was the 1st place I gained. Boo...... 38 D now....

Thanks on the avi pic. That was this summer.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, it happens. I bought some really nice ones last time I was in the states at Penny's. They only fit me for a month after that & back to old ones. I was putting off buying new ones till I could get to a Walmart. But need to go ahead with ordering them. Just hope they fit. Our department store situation is deteriorating. The two stores we had closed or is closing, so nothing that I would buy there.

Do you work out Laura?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #171
Blabbermouth!!!

Why did you only wear them for a month ? too big / too small ? I hate trying to find a bra that fits and has support.......they are so uncomfortable.

I walk some. Used to walk 3 miles a day years ago. Now , lucky if I do 3/4 - 1 mlle a day. Do some Pilates. I have a Pilates chair - really like it and it doesn't hurt my back. That's the hard thing, finding things that don't hurt my back.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, guess I forgot to add the reason. Yeah, I lost a lot of weight (went without when my foods were not available) on that trip, so I shrunk out of them.

Sorry you have a bad back. I have to watch my back also, can't ride a bicycle because of the angle. Walking is sure a good way to work out. Guess you get lots of walking on the job too?

I am trying to figure out my flex machine. It came without the dvd. So, the instructions aren't totally clear on the difference between the work out to lose wt., to slim, and to bulk up. I just want to make sure that what I'm doing will slim me & not bulk me. I think the rule is more reps at lower wt. for slimming, and more wt. with lower reps for bulking... but I'm not sure. What I've been doing is both more wts & more reps... I think I'd better find out.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #173
Big Yapper!

Praise God! I'm so happy and relieved to hear your hubby is on the mend! And happy he's getting out of Mexico and can start drinking the water again. Yeesh! So his friend won't be meeting back up with him until he's back in BC? I didn't realize they were going to do the return trips solo.

Laura, sorry about the boobs being such a fat retainer on you. I gain and lose all over and nothing thrills me more than to have smaller boobs. I would be happy to get back to having little ol' B's again. To be able to wear tank tops! I'll know I'm "there" when that day comes.

That's how I understand it too, Debby. Lighter resistance, more reps. But it is said that most women find it incredibly difficult to bulk-up just due to their being women. Your age might help you to keep from bulking up, too. So you might not need to worry about it at all no matter how much resistance or how many reps you do.

I've seen videos where they do each resistance exercise as slowly as they can just to work the muscle to exhaustion. Rather than doing "one, two, three, four" type reps, they do them painfully slow. Maybe try that and see how that feels. It makes a lot of sense.

Thank you for your prayers yesterday. I slept a ton last night and I feel so relieved today. The panic attack has passed and I feel 100% normal again. So THANK YOU! And Thank You Lord!

Doing a last-minute load of laundry then I'll be getting ready to go. Very mild here: low 50's! Snow is melting away and I hope we can soon use the arena again to exercise the horses. Will bbl to say how orientation day #1 went. More prayers appreciated!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #174
Blabbermouth!!!

How old are you ladies ( if you don't mind me asking ) ?? I'm 48 .....but when my back's "out" I feel 78 !!! lol

Prayers for your orientation Cheryl !
Old 01-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's awesome news Cheryl! so glad you slept well & panic attack was gone!
DH hadn't planned on going separate, but the dentistry has taken far too long, and his friend is going to be another week. Then he has to be back by a certain date & will just bomb by all the scenery (he likes doing that anyway), which DH likes to stop & check out. So, it will be better. He was really bored in that tourist town. I'm so relieved he is feeling better! PTL!
Thanks Cheryl, you confirmed that for me. I asked on another forum & they suggested I look at U-tube, which I did watch a short clip on my machine. They are doing it slightly slower, so I'll do that. Had a feeling I might be doing it too quick.
Laura, I'm 59 going on 40! Feeling terrific! But I sure do know how back pain can cripple you... also how 30-40 lbs can too.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #176
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow ! 59 - you look great ! And your exercising puts me to shame ! Hope 'when I grow up' I can exercise like you hahaha.......
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha Ha! When you grow up!
My 40's were awesome. I was healed of obsession with food & compulsive overeating. Got thin & stayed that way through-out. I exercised then too. I have very fond memories of my 40's. Enjoy yours too!

I'm so happy to report that DH is making great time on his trip North. He left early this morning & has already passed a spot that took 3 days of travel going down... he's taking the good toll-highways (live & learn).

I didn't get my new laptop yet. It came in, but my friend has to add all the extra's that I ordered to it. Worked out good for me though, I have a "coffee" date tomorrow with a couple of friends, so I can drive into town for everything at once tomorrow.

I was hungry today, and unmotivated. Pushed myself to stay on program & do my work-out. Felt great after I did work out too. I'm going to have to figure out why this happened though. I'm wondering if my thyroid is getting low, from dropping the dose that 1/4 tab. Could be missing DH; and I guess maybe my carbs have been a bit low too.

I'm really enjoying Biggest Loser. I love this show.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #178
Big Yapper!

I'm 50, Laura. But I'll always be the baby of the family! Debby, I'm glad that your hubby's feeling so much better and that he will be able to stop and smell the roses on his cruise back home to his sweetheart. I guess it all worked out for the best.

Also glad you were able to watch a youtube video. I thought all streaming of video was "out" for you. That's great that you can see some when you really need to.

Yea! New laptop will be in your hands tomorrow! I wish I had a friend to set mine up for me. I think I finally got the kinks out of it now. Woot! Enjoy your coffee date with your friends.

I watched BL tonight, too. The bubble gum pool was so NASTY. It's beyond me how they could work out that hard and eat on-plan and only drop 2 lbs. Makes me wonder if they cheated on their diet when no one was watching.

Sorry you had to push yourself today. Just shows you're human, like me!

I am going to see if I can get to sleep soon. I hope when I wake up in the morning that I remember how much I'm needed at the farm. My tendency is always to try and stay asleep a while longer. Lord, help me to remember, please! Thank you.

Night, ladies. Blessings to you both.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Night "girls"

I don't know how anyone knows how to set up a computer ...... I am so computer illiterate ! but to be honest, DH does all that . If i bought a new TV I wouldn't know how to do that either . Spoiled I guess

Cheryl, I see you are in Conn., where are you Debby ? I'm in south texas .....bought as far south as you can get..
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL... well, actually my friend works at the computer store & is changing the hard drive to a faster one. I'll still have to do the normal set-up. I'm the techy one in our family.

I live in British Columbia, Canada, almost the center.

Haven't heard from DH's SPOT check for several hours. Praying he will before I go to bed. He probably thought it worked & moved too soon.

Good night!