LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #1741
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Sorry you are still sick !

Silly Molly , did DH have a hard time getting it un-stuck ??

Enjoy your weekend Debby !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #1742
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh wow, Debby. I'm surprised she got so far ahead of you that you had to go ski her down. I thought that was one of their traits in the breed that they stuck close by you. What a day! I'm glad neither of you got hurt when you had to swerve out of the way to miss hitting her. Hope DH got you unstuck by now.

I didn't realize the woman in the video hadn't seen the moose! I thought she saw it and just wanted to walk by and hope it left her alone. I hear moose can be deadly. Funny the way it struck out at her with her front hoof that way, like a slap.

Time to go to bed. We got more snow today but more like 2" if that. It snowed all day long, it seemed. At least all afternoon. A glancing blow by anyone's standards in the Northeast. (Or Northwest.)
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #1743
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I told you she's fast! She takes off @ 45 mph & gives 'er, like she's in a race, she was out of hearing distance before I even noticed she was gone. Her habit the last couple days is to take off as soon as I get in the van, so she's waiting for me at the end of the drive... working on breaking that. She does hang around close when there's no 'perceived' race.
Getting the car out required a bit of digging. It was high-centered... but a yank with a rope on his truck got it out pretty quick.
It was strange to see how that moose hit her with her foot. I didn't realize they did that forward kick thing. Scarey!
We had company last night. Good friends. Stayed late.
Looking forward to a quiet day. Church this morning & Valentines Date Challenge tonight... a fun time for couples.
The cold is still here, but getting a bit better. PTL.
Have a great Sunday!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #1744
Big Yapper!

Wow. I knew how fast she was, but thought she ran to keep up with your van, not leave you in the dust! Sounds like you can conserve gas if you just get into your van and not even turn it on, then when she gets to the end of your driveway (you can time her), blow a loud whistle and call her back!

I hope you have a great Sunday, too.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #1745
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now that's a good idea! Need a whistle like that!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #1746
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Wow! You've been having some winter adventures that this So Cal girl can't quite even picture! Stay safe!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #1747
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
molly sounds like so much fun ! Lots of spunk

Sounds like you had a nice night, that's great !

hopefully you are feeling better , take care.
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #1748
Big Yapper!

What's up today, Deb?

Jessica! Hope things are going great on the latest round.

Hey, Laura. Enjoy those warm temps. I am jealous. I wanna just get lost in your Avi.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #1749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep Verb, I imagine it is hard to wrap your head around my surroundings. But rest assured, we don't live in igloo's!
Yes Laura, she certainly does have spunk. Our company that stays long enough to see that she calms down & cuddles all fall in love with her... she has that 'melting effect' on people.
Molly seems to be coming out of heat now. Still swollen, but not red. She's running "crazy-fast" though! I have to really tromp on it to catch up with her after the corners, and I have 3-4 ft banks on both sides of the driveway. Anyway, I had time to work with her about 'stay' tonight... made her stay till I drove into the turn & off she shot, by the time the car was turned, I could see her 1/3 of a mile down the road... so I called & called, till she came back. Then I got her to sit till I said OK, even though the van was in motion. Then, at the house where she was tempted to herd the front tires, I got her to stop... gave her some special treats & lots of praise & you could tell when I told DH about it that she knew she did good. Shes funny that way, when I tell him about it & she hasn't done so well, she looks embarrassed, but hangs on every word in full attention while you talk...
I'm doing some changes to my plan. I'm still suffering from irregularity, so I've been looking back at the Physique Transformation Diet that helped me with my metabolism (way-back-when). It has a large amount of clean carbs, and goes very low fat, along with tons of protein. So I'm adding more oatmeal, oat bran, & fruit... cutting back on the CO. Hoping for the best.
What has happened in the past when I lost all the weight & kept it off for years, eventually it starts creeping on. I need to get to the reason & change whatever it is that causes it. Not my thyroid this time, my temps are good, hanging between 98.2-98.6 . One possibility is that I'm too repetitive... eat the same, exercise the same. Variety might be better, but hard for me to be flexible... sameness is easy!
Hope you're all doing great!
Old 02-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #1750
Big Yapper!

Are you having the creep-up happening on the scale lately? I thought you were rock-solid. Hate to see you reinvent the wheel if all you are is constipated. I'm a "serial eater" too. Once I find things that I like, I eat them almost daily until I can't enjoy them anymore, then I go to something else.

Molly is smart and I hope you can build on her training to wait for your van so you can keep up with the little girl. That's great that she stayed until you said okay. I love that she knows she did well.

Snowing again. Working today but it's my Friday. Have a great day, Deb.
Old 02-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #1751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I was camping out on 126-129. Now its 128-131. Scares me, and my waist seems to be where it is.
Molly did great today! I turned the van around in a way that kept my window toward her & I was able to get her to stay until I was turned all the way around... She's so proud of herself.
Hope you have a good day! Snowing here today too.
We'll be going to a meeting tonight.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #1752
Big Yapper!

You are doing so great with Molly! She just craves learning something new. I wish I could see her happy self. I'll bet the run back to the house is all the more fun, knowing she's such a great dog.

Hope you had a good meeting tonight. I'm done with work for three full days and I'm so relieved. I need the down-time. Have a blessed evening.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #1753
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
So cute about your pup in the snow...I can almost picture it! Sorry for the scale creep. But you're doing so well overall...I know you'll figure it out . I'm jealous if your temps...I'm up to 97.6 but not quite high enough yet. Progress is good!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:21 PM   #1754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals,
I've been so busy, with life & work... missing out on the boards. Getting ready for the church Annual meeting, board meetings, and on top of that I'm organizing the night & care of the Watoto African's Children's Choir.
Made an appointment for Molly's ovary removal... Monday. She's just got back to her normal self, after being in heat.
Hope everyone's doing great!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #1755
Big Yapper!

I always assumed it was a whole hysterectomy that they did. I never thought about female hormones when it concerned a female dog but I wonder how it affects them, being so young. I guess it's the same exact thing when they neuter a male dog. Snip snip and two oval organs are removed. Sorry; sometimes I can over-think things.

You do sound busy. Find time to rest and catch your breath. Night, Deb.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #1756
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Removing the ovaries instead of the complete hysterectomy is kind of new to N.American Vets. But the Europeans have been using it for years. It is less dangerous & easier on the dog... also has all the advantages of the full thing.
Thanks, enjoying watching A. Idol recording now. Just finished my elliptical.
Oh, by the way, I discovered my cals were wrong... the prunes were estimated low, so my cals are 108 higher than I thought. Makes me feel better knowing that. At least my metabolism isn't 'slipping.'
Old 02-22-2014, 09:05 AM   #1757
Blabbermouth!!!

Wish I lived close enough to hear that children's choir. You'll have to tell us all about it.

Regarding the prunes--yikes, it's amazing (and disturbing) how one little thing can make such a difference.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #1758
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi, You can check out their page here.
Home - Watoto
There's also several utube clips of them performing...
https://www.google.ca/search?q=watot...ficial&spell=1
I got a cook for the dinner now... sure that will fall into place now. Just need 4-5 more billets.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #1759
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
I'm loving Saturday... enjoyed slowly getting things done & relaxing. Needed that! Then friends dropped in for a short visit 'after' I had finished my exercise. Now we're vegging for the evening. Perfect day!
Molly got her exercise... a good run, then a long hike with DH on his snow-shoes. Then our company all doted on her... spoiled rotten
Old 02-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #1760
Big Yapper!

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day. God is good.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #1761
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
Yesterday was so busy. Had DS's family over for dinner, an unexpected guest stopped in... our friend with an ultra-lite airplane landed in our field. Molly had a blast trying to catch him when he took off!
And I'm happy to report that we survived the annual general meeting... (the biggest deal in my year)... now I can breath easy & work 'normal.'
Poor Molly had her ovaries removed today. She's laid out on her bed snoozing hard. Poor baby.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #1762
Big Yapper!

Awww. No baby Mollies in your future. It's for the best. She'll feel fine in a day or two. Too cool about the ultralight landing in your field. Happy that the general meeting is over and done with! Yahooooo! Lots of good news from you. Hope you sleep well and I'll ttyt.

I bought the super cortisol support caps. They came today. It says to take 3 a day? Is that how many you take? Could have sworn when I ordered them, it was a once a day supplement. Now my bottle that I thought would last three months will only last one month. Does it interfere with sleep if taken too close to bedtime? I sleep late and don't want to take one of them every four hours.

Got CoQ10 too.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #1763
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I take isocort. Totally different. But I take one dose in morning & one at noon. My naturopath said not to take it any later then lunch for fear of not sleeping. My inclination would be to take only 1 when you get up, then maybe one at lunch if you feel a slump... I always take less of natural cures & they work for me. Let me know how it goes? I'm curious what to switch to when I run out of isocort... since its discontinued.
Yeah, Molly is so sleepy now & whimpers. Mostly because she wants to be with us, I think. I'll probably be struggling to keep her calm within a day.
I hope you sleep well tonight too... I didn't sleep well last night, too wound-up.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #1764
Big Yapper!

I looked for Isocort on Netrition (and maybe on Amazon too) and couldn't find it, so that's why I got this kind. I was wondering why I couldn't find it but now I know! Wonder why they discontinued it. Whatever. I will take one when I get up and one no later than 3 pm or so. I sleep late so that might seem late in the day to you but it's only lunch time for me (if I ate at meal times.)

I think I'll just start with one per day until I can see how I respond to them. You never know. Allergies exist and these things I'm taking have lots of ingredients. CoQ10 and this cortisone stuff are both new to my body. Best to take it slowly. I don't think I'll be taking it three times a day even when I'm fully up and running. I need my sleep.

Are you keeping Molly in a separate room post surgery? Poor little girl. Give her lots of lovin' and she'll feel better soon. Dogs love it when you get down on the floor with them. I do that with Cissy when she really needs a pick-me-up. It's like Christmas morning for them.

Have a lovely day, Debby. I'll let you know how I feel on the Super Cortisol Support stuff. It's probably just psychological (placebo affect) but I feel better at the moment and I just took the first one. Also took the CoQ10 for the first time today, too. Will be hard to tell what is causing the good feelings since I started both together. I hope they work for me. I need to be feeling my absolute best if I am going to continue to work at the farm and to pick up jobs and tasks that were formerly being done primarily by the manager. I will miss her so much.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #1765
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds good Cheryl,
They changed the formula for some reason... so I will have to check it out when my supply dwindles. With Isocort you feel good right away... not your imagination... I'm taking Q10 & don't notice anything... forget what its for too! You'll definitely need to start slow...even I did & I know I am low in cortisol... with yours being uncertain its best to be careful.
Molly stays in same room with us, where-ever we're hanging out. Sleeps mostly. I took her to work & only put the cone on when we're sleeping, or I have to be out of room (had a staff meeting). She's doing better, but looks sad.
I'm heading off to the dentist again in a few minutes & am going to leave Molly home with cone on, rather than sleeping in the van with cone on... better rest. TTYL
Old 02-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #1766
Big Yapper!

CoQ10- "Coenzyme Q10 is a vitamin-like compound also called ubiquinone. It is an essential component of cells and is necessary for mitochondrial energy production. Years of research has shown that CoQ10 supports healthy cardiovascular and immune system functions in addition to its vital role in energy production."

That's what it says about the product I bought, anyway. Time will tell. But my cardiovascular system needs all the help it can get. That's so cool that what I felt wasn't in my head! I will try taking two tomorrow and space them out about 4 hours or so. Like I said, I'm not awake for that many hours where I could take them farther apart and still get to sleep when I want to.

I hope Molly is back to her old self again soon. How long before she can be off restriction? Poor little girl. She must be wishing she could be racing you down the driveway again.

How did it go at the Dentist's? Hope well!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #1767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I was just telling DH how Molly lay down & showed everyone her scar... so when I'd say, she just got fixed yesterday they all said "I see that"
Dentist went well. He'll come to dinner in 2 wks. I was prepared to have him tonight or Thursday... busy guy. I felt like Austin Powers while they worked on me... front teeth. They thawed out now. Whew! The dental assistant has a 4 month old pup - same breed as Molly. We talked (mostly her) about our pups the whole time.
Thanks for that on Q10. I started taking it at Dr Oz's recommendation (of course).
Old 02-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #1768
Big Yapper!

Yeah, it's difficult to take part in conversations when you're in a dentist's chair. Good thing she was talking about something you found enjoyable. Glad you're feeling more normal again. It's late here and I'm breaking my rules of getting off the computer around 9. I'm off tomorrow so I guess I feel I'm entitled to be a little naughty.

Sleep well.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #1769
Blabbermouth!!!

I so enjoyed listening to the Watoto samples! Fantastic!

Am smiling at the thought of Molly showing her scar! They shaved my Betsy's abdomen and it took MONTHS to grow back. She looked so exposed, with that big, empty pink spot. Kinda tugged at my heart.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 AM   #1770
Big Yapper!

I think she's asking for a belly rub. It's probably a little itchy. You know how that happens as scabs form and things heal up. How are you, Jessica?