Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #1711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks for your prayers.
DD is getting a D & C now, she's greatly relieved to have answers now. The 'sack' was empty, so no baby. That will surely be easier for her to handle emotionally, though it is a disappointment. Thanks for your prayers & being there for us. God is good.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #1712
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
so sorry .
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #1713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks,
It is such a relief to hear her sounding so much better.
I looked up the condition & its called 'blighted ovum' - apparently not uncommon. The explanation of that condition also helps take away the grief of losing an actual baby, because the baby never even got started... only the placenta. What a roller-coaster though.
Molly is now in "heat" - has probably been for 2-3 days now. Poor baby. I guess we'll be finding out if there are any UN-neutered males in our area. From my research, there aren't, but who knows? Will be getting her spayed.
I'm enjoying a partial day off.... doing some work from home that I can do online.
I need to go shopping though, for some reason, I am running out of veggies!
Old 02-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #1714
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's very sad, but at least she and you know now. The not knowing stuff can be far worse than knowing, even when you don't get what you were hoping for.

No puppies! Watch that little girl like a hawk. You might end up with half wolf, half border collie's. Listen for the howling late at night. I'm sure they will be picking up on her scent. Molly, be a good girl! Don't do what comes naturally.

Cissy's back to her old self today. You'd never know how sick she was three days ago. I feel good that I didn't put off taking her to the Vet. She's on the antibiotic now and she's no worse for wear. I her.

Have a pleasant evening.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #1715
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
So sorry for the sad news, Debby. It's good to have answers, though.
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #1716
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry about DD... it's still hard I know. (hugs)

Glad you were able to work from home...... Poor Molly ! DS2 just got Snickers fixed the other day. She did great !
Old 02-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #1717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
I had a fairly quiet day today. Cooking up my veggies, making mayo, got some jerky made up & drying... also caught up the books. Pretty good for not being 100 % yet.
DH's truck broke down yesterday, & we got it back today. So good that it wasn't too serious.
No 'visiting dogs' or otherwise today. Molly got lots of extra 'love' today, so its going not too bad. I'll have to wait till the heat is over to make the appointment.
DGD#3 is spending the afternoon & night with us. Nice to have one on one time with her.
Just read that mustard is really good for us... glad to hear of another 'hot' food that helps health... bring it on! Spicy dinner for me!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #1718
Big Yapper!

That's good that you got stuff done even though you're still not feeling perfect. Hope you're feeling better, though. Having that one-on-one with your granddaughter will be fun. Molly will keep her entertained. Is Molly wearing a doggie panty for when they're in heat or is she being kept in one room for mess-cleaning's sake? Don't remember if you have any carpeting.

Great that the truck wasn't costly. Have you had any chance to go x-country skiing this winter? Don't think you've written of going even once. I hope you can do it once or twice before winter ends.

Enjoy the rest of your time off from work.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #1719
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
Yes, have gone a handful of times. My new skii's are great. But then the weather went crazy. I can't ski when its too cold, nor when its too warm. So I've not been able to go as much this winter. I think it would certainly would be better for my mood if I could get out in the sunshine.
We have wood floors. Molly is very clean, constantly cleaning herself & I haven't seen any spots.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #1720
Big Yapper!

That's good about Molly cleaning herself well. I'll bet she'd be a great momma if given the chance. I only bred my miniature American Eskimo dog once but she was a natural. I'm glad I did it. Anytime I want to relive it, I can put the video tape in and push play.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #1721
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
sorry about dd. I've been there . Sad for what could have been...

Glad you're enjoying the skis! Hoping for no puppies .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #1722
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Today's a new stat holiday here. "family day" So I'm enjoying a nice quiet day off. DH went to a friend's for lunch, while I chose to stay home. My ear is inverted again, sinus stuff. Hoping it clears up.
I bought the kindle version of The Daniel Plan. I do enjoy reading diet books & Bible-based makes it even better. I'll let you know how that goes. So far I'm enjoying it.
Today's The Doctors was on weight loss. I love seeing how really obese people discover new lives as they lose the wt. & get free of the compulsion to be a slave to food.
Molly's still in the thick of things... no suitors...we're babying her a bit more, hope that the end of this cycle is close. I did find a drop in the floor this morning, so may not take her to work with me tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #1723
Blabbermouth!!!

Neat ! An extra day off !!

Sorry about ear.... ;/

The Daniel Plan, I've seen something about it.... let me know what it's like. I don't have a kindle.

Poor Molly, Snickers was in heat for about 3 weeks !
Old 02-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #1724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, don't tell me that Laura!! Actually, I'm just hoping the bad part of the cycle comes to an end soon. The whole thing is much longer. I'll see what the vet says about it tomorrow.

Yes, very good to have the extra day off.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #1725
Big Yapper!

What do you mean by "my ear is inverted"? I'm sorry you feel sucky. I don't think a dog's heat lasts more than a week or so. I'd have to google it to be sure. Is she needier than normal? Wanting to go outside more? Poor little girl. At least it's her first and last time.

That show on those who lost all that weight must have been fun to watch. That's why I have always enjoyed watching the biggest loser and shows like that. The transformations are so amazing. Mostly I love the look in their eyes and the brightness of their spirit. You can see how their body was weighing down more than their physical selves.

Nice that you had an extra day off! Take 'em when you can get 'em. Have a great day, Deb.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:36 PM   #1726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Inverted.... my own voice comes back on me loud... & other sound is magnified... only way I know to describe it. Its actually not as bad now, when I came down in elevation it seemed to improve... right where my ears usually pop.

Me too Cheryl, I love seeing that in their faces!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:10 PM   #1727
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Nice idea for a holiday! Enjoy it! Hope your ear feels better .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #1728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, it is a nice idea. 2nd year we've had it.

My ear is not plugged right now, hope it stays that way!

I went to the dentist again today. Getting some repairs done, improving my smile The dentist is a super nice guy, comes in from across the province every other week. He's coming for dinner Thursday. Fun.
I did take Molly to work with me today. She did well, until we saw a dog on the sidewalk in town... then she did some major dancing around & whining in the van. Poor baby. She's doing extra good at her 'running' these days, I guess that helps relieve the tension. Then she just takes deep sleeps. Not so playful, but does ask to go outside... with her eyes, often. Still no suitors.
We got about 8 inches of snow today... still coming down. Talking to others in town, its not just me who feels like they have no patience... missing the temps that allow us to walk in the sunshine.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #1729
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Neat ! An extra day off !!

Sorry about ear.... ;/

The Daniel Plan, I've seen something about it.... let me know what it's like. I don't have a kindle.

Poor Molly, Snickers was in heat for about 3 weeks !
Hey Laura,
I meant to comment on this a while back... you can download kindle free on your smart phone, notepad, laptop, or computer. don't have to have a kindle reader... then order books through amazon... its easy.
I'm enjoying the book a lot. Still haven't got to the diet yet, but the spiritual teaching is really good. Teaching us to get right & depend on God in this.
Oops... gotta get ready for work!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #1730
Big Yapper!

I love that about reading kindle books on the computer cause the kindle doesn't have a backlight and the cover that I bought for a protection and also for a book light makes the entire thing heavier. I prefer to read the kindle stuff on the computer.

Sounds like your ear is feeling a bit better. I'm glad. The winter just never seems to want to end. Our next storm is coming tomorrow or sometime during the night tonight. I'm off work and I'm so thankful! I work Friday and I'll do what I can to help and clean up then.

Cute how you call any gentlemen callers "suitors." Glad there aren't any. Soon you'll be getting her fixed and this will all be just a memory.

You're having your dentist over for dinner? Do you get a cheaper rate that way? Have a great day.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #1731
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, thank you. My ears are fine now!

Nah, won't be asking for discounts. Our dentist is a fellow motorcycle enthusiast & is asks about our trips & bikes. Thought it would be fun to have him meet DH. Actually, he just had to postpone to a later date... has to leave, back in a couple weeks.

Anybody an excel pro? I'm working on a budget in excel & need a formula to total the sub-totals... anyone? I googled it & its not straight forward... probably not a simple answer. I usually work in Simply Acc. so this is beyond my 'experience.'
I called the vet & they said to wait till the swelling goes down, usually 2 weeks to make the surgery appointment... but she also warned they go back in heat in 3 wks. sometimes! Yikes!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #1732
Big Yapper!

I've never heard of a second heat in less than a month from the end of their first one. That's weird. I wouldn't anticipate that, Debby. I have no suggestions on Excel. I don't "speak that language." Maybe try googling it by reframing the search by using a different set of words. If you don't word it just right, it will seem like there is no answer out there when there is. You know how that goes.

Glad your ears are back to normal! Wooohoooo! Sorry the dentist has to postpone. Nice that he and DH are bikers. I guess you are a biker chick too, so what am I saying? You're all bikers.

Gearing up for yet another winter storm. Just went out to remove a foot of snow from the backyard patio table and chairs so it won't shatter under the weight of another 8-12". Filled up the bird feeder, too. Don't need to go outside again until the storm is virtually over, I hope and pray. Will stay indoors and drink my coffee. Oops! I'm running low on half and half. Oh, well. I'll manage.

Have a great night, Deb.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #1733
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good you got furniture shoveled. Good thinking ahead!

We're getting lots of snow, which isn't so bad since its going to bring a 'warming spell.' I so need to get out in some sunshine!

We were supposed to have our home group tonight, but they all called in sick... nice that I found out before I wasted my time 'cleaning'
Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #1734
Big Yapper!

I'm glad they all called in sick. No unnecessary cleaning! Woot! I love how you put a positive spin on getting more snow. We're getting hammered right now and the only positive thing I can say about it is that I'm off work today. That is one HECK of a positive. The poor girl who does Thursdays does a double. I feel so bad for her. Not bad enough to go and help her out, though. Plus the roads are impassible and I hear nothing moving out there but snow plows every once in a great while.

Time to make a fresh pot of coffee and let little Cooper out to run around. He's becoming very used to being out of the cage more than being in. I feel a little guilty when I lock him in for the night. Feels wrong. He's a good bunny.

Enjoy your day, Debby.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #1735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, it does sound like I'm putting a positive spin on it... but its actually true... the temps here have been SO COLD for the last couple weeks... hard to get out for a walk. Which kind of explains why that woman wasn't looking around... when you're cold & the walks are icy, that's what you do... look down. I posted another link, it hit the news & more info. She's not hurt!
So glad you didn't have to go out today. We had heavy, freezing snow today, so it wasn't too fun driving in it. But I made it.
I was all by myself at work today, the pastors all went south to attend our youth pastor's wedding today. The statements were done at the accountant's & I had to produce the annual meeting package, all by my lonesome. Worked a couple hours over & got it done! Unfortunately my cold came back last night. Looking forward to tomorrow's day off.
Hope you enjoyed your day too!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #1736
Big Yapper!

I don't recall you saying anything about a woman looking down. So no clue what that's all about. Glad she wasn't hurt!

Your cold is back? You drove through all that terrible weather only to be alone at work and work overtime? Such dedication! Take a bow, darling.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow. I will be spending mine digging out and making sense of the farm situation. I hope it's largely cleaned up already.

Happy V Day! Hope your sweetie treats you sweetly.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #1737
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, sorry. I thought you saw the moose link I posted on fb. A woman was kicked by a moose yesterday, in town.
Thanks! He always does... kinda hard for him to do anything for me though, I don't do candy or flowers. Happy valentines day to you!
Kinda hard not to be dedicated... 2-300 people depend on me & will notice... mostly I just didn't want to come in to work tomorrow, thinking I really need to rest up from this cold.
The rest of the week is going to be in the 30's F.
I talked with DD today. She's doing well, but really exhausted. She said the support & love everyone has showered on her has made things so much easier. She still believes she had a twin pregnancy. And is hoping to get pregnant again.

The Daniel Plan... is good. What I was reading today was more about how we can't do this on our own strength. But that when we depend on the Lord to help us through, it will happen. True. Its what I've learned in years past. So great to have a refresher course. I'm thinking about ordering the DVD & study guide. Might start a 'group' to help others... praying about that.

Have a good one!

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-13-2014 at 07:21 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #1738
Big Yapper!

Just went to FB to see the thing you posted. That was more like a punch than a kick! Poor stupid woman. Was she delivery mail or something? She looked like she had mail in her hands. Anyway, I'm glad she's okay. More likely embarrassed as all get out.

I'm glad your DD is feeling so much love and support. That's wonderful about the 30 degree temps for you this week! We will eventually get up there again too. I even saw some 40's in the weekly forecast. We'll see how long they stick around. It will probably rain like hell that day. And I'll be working out in it. Way to think positively, Cheryl!

Night, Deb. Enjoy your day off and get well! Again.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #1739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If she'd been aware that it was there, I'd agree, but she was watching where she stepped (so many people get injuries slipping on ice). We've got a lot of ice & snow now. She didn't see the moose at all. One wouldn't think of seeing one in town... I saw a lady walk right by 2 moose a few years ago too....I honked & yelled at her, to warn her, but she never looked up either... They didn't bother her. Guess the pregnant moose was grumpy. They're warning people to be on the watch for her now.

Good night to you too!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #1740
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting day. My cold is back pretty bad, so I didn't do much. Went to take Molly for a run in the van, & she plopped down right in the middle of the road, on a turn, so I ended up sliding into the bank. Later when I went out to see if I could get it out, she took off to the end of the driveway (half a mile away, so she couldn't hear me)... I had to get my ski's on & go get her... ended up having a really good work-out with it... I've been trying to teach her to 'wait' for me to start running, but she's been taking it like its a 'race' & she desperately wants to win. This in only the last week, so I've been putting her in the van till I get turned around in the drive. Too cold to do it with my head hanging out shouting instructions.
That moose video was on TV & I could recognize the street it was on, right across the street from one of the elementary schools & a computer store! That's totally weird, usually on the other side of town they stumble through... I have a feeling that moose is going to get in trouble again. Like the one that went into Safeway last year!
Poor DH will be working late & then find my van right in the way! He'll have to get me unstuck before he can park.