Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #1651
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Wow Debby you sure have been busy !! That's so good he made it home safely and you have all that meat for the year
Sorry you hurt yourself Hope you didn't crack a rib or anything . Are you bruised badly ?

Missed "visiting" with you .... so happy you are doing so great !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #1652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi y'all!
Busy, busy... we had home group here last night. We were both really exhausted, after all the meat-cutting & meetings, plus fighting off a cold... but it was refreshing & such a nice evening of fellowship. Funny how that is, you feel too tired to go to something, but once you do, you're so glad you did!
My chest is still really sore, just below the collar-bone, center. The muscles feel like they got torn or something... which will take several weeks to heal. Silly me.
Today's my Friday. Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #1653
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sounds you like bruised a rib or two, Debby. That's some of the worst pain that I've ever known. I'm glad you were blessed at your meeting last night. Sorry you have a darn cold, too. Good grief! Enjoy your time off work.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:15 PM   #1654
Blabbermouth!!!

That's nice that your meeting was a nice blessing for you . You have had a rough week ! Hope you get some rest on your days off and can take it easy ~~ you need some "down
time"

Hope your cold doesn't progress !!!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #1655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is surprising to me, how hard I hit that box... walking in the dark. Didn't think I was going that fast. But I sure hit it with force.
The cold has not been bad, cold/sinus meds have kept it at bay.

I haven't talked about it before, but my job has been getting more challenging in the last year, with many more additions & challenges coming. It has been worrying me - not sure I'm up to it... like maybe my job just outgrew me... I've been praying about it & finally told DH so he can pray. Then today I talked to 2 of the pastors about it, so they can pray too. I'm not sure if its just fear of the unknown, which does happen before I learn to adjust, or if it really is too much. The desire to retire & get to know my neighbors has been coming to mind. But I have a history of becoming a 'hermit' when I don't "have" to get out... Anyway, that's what I'm praying about & seeking God on right now.

Molly's dead dew-claw just fell off. Looks like a new one is already growing. So glad looks like its going to get better.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #1656
Big Yapper!

It's growing back? Weird!

I'm sorry you feel overwhelmed. I know exactly how that feels and it's not worth the money, no matter how much that may be. And it's not worth the advantages of having to leave the house and go out among people. Truthfully, I can understand that too because I have social anxiety and if I didn't need to leave the house, my tendency is to stay the heck away from people. (Why I work with horses, but volunteers and others keep getting in my way. Funny how God won't let you have any "easy outs.")

Maybe this job isn't the right one for you anymore. Keep your eyes open for something less taxing and see what God might have in store for you next. Sometimes things need to end so a new beginning can come into play. It's all beautiful, once you can move past the pain.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #1657
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry you feel stressed about work. I had no idea. I actually thought you enjoyed being part time and close to home. Guess every job has it's problems.. Hope it works out ~~ whichever way God has planned for it to .
Do you have to work ?

I could see myself avoiding people too if I had that option. May never get to find out !
Old 01-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #1658
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its not actually that bad. I love my job. Just having stirrings of 'doubt' that I can change so drastically as this new leadership is heading. One of the pastors suggested dividing the job out again, to receptionist... and bookkeeper, two separate jobs. But, like I said, I need to pray about that too.
The claw was like the 'nail' part that fell off. Like us losing a toenail. I've been watching it for several days, thinking I might have to take her to the vet, afraid it might get infected. But I think its passed that now.

I just got the news from my dd. Grandchild # 8 is in the oven! I thought we were done! PTL. All children are blessings. Shhhh!! Don't tell anyone yet!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:39 PM   #1659
Blabbermouth!!!

Well I will pray with you !

Glad Mollie is ok

Congrats ! What a blessing
Old 01-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #1660
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Do you have to work ?

I could see myself avoiding people too if I had that option. May never get to find out !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Its not actually that bad. I love my job. Just having stirrings of 'doubt' that I can change so drastically as this new leadership is heading. One of the pastors suggested dividing the job out again, to receptionist... and bookkeeper, two separate jobs. But, like I said, I need to pray about that too.
Why oh WHY do people need to mess with something that is already working? Don't they know that old saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it? I'm sorry, honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie
The claw was like the 'nail' part that fell off. Like us losing a toenail. I've been watching it for several days, thinking I might have to take her to the vet, afraid it might get infected. But I think its passed that now.

I just got the news from my dd. Grandchild # 8 is in the oven! I thought we were done! PTL. All children are blessings. Shhhh!! Don't tell anyone yet!
Well then, I'm glad it's growing back. Very odd it fell off to begin with. That's fabulous about the new baby. Are you hoping more for a girl or a boy? Do you have more of one than the other currently?

My mom was one of five girls, she then had five girls, then all her children and their children proceeded to have mostly boys. Strange how these things go.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Peace be with you while you sort through things. But your best bet is prayer and faith and patience. I rarely ever figure out answers, despite how many hours I spend in that pursuit. I'm human and I'm good at it.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #1661
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Hi y'all!
Busy, busy... we had home group here last night. We were both really exhausted, after all the meat-cutting & meetings, plus fighting off a cold... but it was refreshing & such a nice evening of fellowship. Funny how that is, you feel too tired to go to something, but once you do, you're so glad you did!
My chest is still really sore, just below the collar-bone, center. The muscles feel like they got torn or something... which will take several weeks to heal. Silly me.
Today's my Friday. Have a great day!
How's the chest today?hope it's healing.
Quote:
It is surprising to me, how hard I hit that box... walking in the dark. Didn't think I was going that fast. But I sure hit it with force.
The cold has not been bad, cold/sinus meds have kept it at bay.

I haven't talked about it before, but my job has been getting more challenging in the last year, with many more additions & challenges coming. It has been worrying me - not sure I'm up to it... like maybe my job just outgrew me... I've been praying about it & finally told DH so he can pray. Then today I talked to 2 of the pastors about it, so they can pray too. I'm not sure if its just fear of the unknown, which does happen before I learn to adjust, or if it really is too much. The desire to retire & get to know my neighbors has been coming to mind. But I have a history of becoming a 'hermit' when I don't "have" to get out... Anyway, that's what I'm praying about & seeking God on right now.

Molly's dead dew-claw just fell off. Looks like a new one is already growing. So glad looks like its going to get better.
I understand what you're saying. Hope you get some clear direction and peace about it. Do you want to retire? Can you afford it? It's not necessarily a bad thing to move on, but if you're happy at work, maybe divvying up the work is a good idea?

Congrats on your upcoming grand baby!! How exciting!! I wish I had more babes, but am thankful for my 2 girls.

Have a good weekend!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #1662
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD suspects she just had a miscarriage, but the pregnancy test still says positive. She's on her way to hospital for ultra-sound... thinking she just lost one of twin.

We went to friend's last night. The ones with the giant rabbits. I posted a pic on my fb page. They didn't want to bring one of the full-grown ones out, as the bucks aren't too nice right now & the ladies are pg... the pic is a new 'teen-ager' not full grown yet. HUGE!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #1663
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Debby saying a prayer right now for her !
Old 01-25-2014, 03:27 PM   #1664
Big Yapper!

Oh no. How is she handling it? What a shame. Would this have been her first twins? I hope whatever caused the first twin to be lost is now over and the other will go full-term.

Will be going to FB after this and will look at the bunnies. How's the chest and other areas of pain from colliding with that oven?
Old 01-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #1665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls, I haven't heard back from DD yet. No twins before, but possibility is there, from her age & his side of the family.
I've had a totally 'lazy' day today & am enjoying it.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #1666
Big Yapper!

I lazy days. Too much.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #1667
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope everything is ok with DD..... (hugs)
Old 01-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #1668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD called last night. Dr's haven't confirmed it yet, but she is assuming that she had a miscarriage. Sad, but accepting it.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #1669
Big Yapper!

She wasn't far along, was she? It's very sad, just the same. I hope the one that remains is healthy and grows as he should.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #1670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
God is giving her grace. I doubt very much that there is another one, but that would sure be a surprise.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:36 PM   #1671
Blabbermouth!!!

so sad.. hope she's ok. ( I've had one and so has my DIL ~ so hard )
Old 01-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #1672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to hear that. I've never experience a miscarriage. She spent the day at the hospital again today. Going tomorrow & Tuesday for more tests. Sounds very weary. She has a UTI also, which I see can cause a miscarriage.

We went out for lunch after church with friends. Then had a very restful day.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:44 PM   #1673
Blabbermouth!!!

Will you get to go spend any time with her ? Or is it just too far .....
Glad you got to rest and enjoy your day
Old 01-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #1674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
No, I won't be going down to see her. It actually never crossed my mind.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #1675
Big Yapper!

Yeah, she needs to just experience and feel whatever she's feeling right now. Visiting wouldn't help much at this point. I never heard that a UTI could potentially cause a miscarriage.

Have a good day, Debby.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #1676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
Yea, she was suspecting the pap smear of it... so I looked that up, lots of people have discussed that & concludes that nope, it doesn't.
So, I looked up the other & sure enough its listed as a danger.
Today she's doing better, still not sure if she miscarried, so assuming she's still pregnant until tests say otherwise. So far they're coming back positive & the bleeding has stopped. So we'll keep praying.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:44 PM   #1677
Big Yapper!

Wow. All that not knowing. How horrible to go through that. Thank God she's got people surrounding her with love and prayer. I hope for the very best outcome possible.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #1678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Busy week...again. We have a special speaker this week & lots of meetings. DD started bleeding again, after walking dgd to school (1/2 a block). So now she's taking the resting more serious & it stopped again. The test from yesterday come out positive, even higher for being pregnant. She has to rest. I have been having long talks with her, trying to impart ideas of how to handle things without hurting herself & avoiding Urinary infections, etc. Mostly praying for her & baby.
Got a good report today on our life insurance medicals... I'm a 1 & dh is a 2, just like last time we did this... 10 yrs. ago. dh is actually in way better shape then me, but his bad cholesterol is a little elevated (Dr. says the good cholesterol is way up, so he's fine). But he loses a point... funny that my thyroid condition was of no concern. Oh well, nice to get such a good report. Insurance guy said the average is a 3 & that's acceptable, so he's impressed. Hey, & I'm impressed, all this high-fat-high-protein WOE certainly has not hurt my cholesterol.
Hope you're all having a good day!
Old 01-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #1679
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm impressed with your health reports! WTG!!

Just prayed for your dd . I've had 3 miscarriages so I'm sensitive to the fear and scare involved. God is in control, but it's good to hear she's taking it more easy and listening,
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #1680
Big Yapper!

I know I wrote a reply post to your last post, Debby. Where is it???? I remember point by point, addressing the stuff about the insurance ratings, etc. Weird. Did you copy/paste the same post to my journal? I'll have to go check now, to see if I'm losing my marbles.