Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #1621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks Cheryl,
If you google the name of that thing... it shows pics, quite the machine. You're right, probably talking about how long till she can lift.

Yes, it would be hard to move away from all your family, when you're single. The opportunities for employment are better in the west though. Would your mom be willing to move also?

Yeah!! And I slept in, because they kept me up too late! It taught me, that I can't sleep in when I have guests... need wake-up time.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #1622
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You need one of those Keurig coffee machines so you can brew a cup or two in your bedroom before even opening the door to present yourself to the world. Invest in one, honey. Money well-spent.

Mom moving: Well, would she move to be near my sister who's moving to Maryland or would she move to Colorado or someplace mountainous to be near me? If she's smart, she'd stay with my sister in the Maryland area. She will have access to her son-in-law and her grandson and grand daughter and eventual great grand kids, once her grandson has some kids with his bride. If she chose to follow me, I'd have to have her head examined. But we do have a very unique relationship. I'm the baby and over the years, I've lived with her more than any of the other kids have. And we're both widows, etc.

I would feel worse about moving west if she wanted to go with me. I'm that kind of guilt-centric person. (Is that a word?) Leaving to venture out there on my own would make me feel selfish enough, but if she chose me over the rest of them, I would feel unworthy. I need to spend more time in prayer than in speculation.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-11-2014 at 06:30 PM..
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:40 PM   #1623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh! I didn't realize your sister had a destination yet. When did that happen? Is Maryland nice?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #1624
Big Yapper!

Well, their daughter bought a house in Maryland and they work in DC. And their son and his new wife got a position in VA, which is in the DC area. So, Maryland is the general area that my sister and her husband will relocate to. It's a blessing beyond their wildest dreams that their son and his wife are moving there, too. His wife is an ER DR and she applied to many areas on both coasts, and then she was given this location (no idea how that works but she's just finishing her internship in Indiana.)

It really is an answered prayer because now, after all these years where their two children have been going to college in different states (their daughter in Atlanta and Boston, their son in Rochester NY and Indianapolis), they are now able to be all together in one tight-knit group. It's meant to be.

I might move there too. I know it's probably not any less expensive than it is to live in CT, cause it's so close to DC. But my sister's health is rapidly deteriorating and her husband has things happening here there and everywhere. I don't think I have the luxury of living for my own pleasure anymore. I think those days are behind me. I need to find happiness within, and make happiness without.

God will help me make that happen.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-11-2014 at 06:50 PM..
Old 01-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #1625
Big Yapper!

How you doing? Any word from dh?
Old 01-12-2014, 08:27 PM   #1626
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
I'm OK. Have a plugged ear, which is a bit annoying.
DH is still hunting, has seen some action, but hasn't got anything yet. It was -25 F where they were last night & they stayed warm enough in the camper... pretty good!

Back to work tomorrow. How was your day?
Old 01-13-2014, 10:09 AM   #1627
Big Yapper!

My day was okay. It felt colder than the temperature suggested it was, and with the wind, I had to wear more clothing than I anticipated. The horses were going nuts (some of them), racing around in the muddy paddock and getting in each other's faces. It was a bit out of hand for a while. And cleaning them up in order to put their winter sheets on for the night was a real chore. I had helpers who did all the paddocks and the barn waters, so that was wonderful. It's amazing how much work there is still left to do.

I exercised the horses in the arena but some were only interested in rolling and getting dirtier. I felt good just giving them the opportunity to run or roll. It's exhausting trying to free lunge horses that really don't want to move. It's a workout for someone in my condition.

Working again today. Ttyl, Deb. Hope your man stays safe and warm out there. Brrr! I hope your ear is better fast. I hate those annoying things. I had a cold in one nostril for a few days recently. Thankfully, it didn't spread and on around the third day it was mostly over.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-13-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #1628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you Cheryl, working through your week.

I accomplished quite a bit today, in spite of too many people coming in for one thing or another.

Had to go to the dentist at 2, to re-do a cap... I was able to get floss under the old one. He wasn't sure what he'd find, but it was salvageable... had a cavity under it, so in 2 weeks I get the new cap (have temp now). Mouth is still feeling really fat. Poor Molly, had to sit in the car from 1-almost 4 when we got home. She was so good, just went to sleep. I bought her some bone-marrow treats, which she scarfed down

Well, I didn't get my elliptical today, ran out of time. Decided against doing it at 5 pm. it would keep me from sleeping, which happened last night.

Something interesting... about the Mama & baby moose that are wintering on our property & sometimes in our yard. Last night I let Molly out & then I hear the baby moose cry out! Oops! she must of got too close to it... called her back & she was fine. Whew! Don't nobody mess with a moose's baby! That's the first time I've heard a moose! My DH hears them, when he's hunting - he calls them & they answer.

Yesterday I got about 1/3 of the way through the picture-scanning job my dd asked me to do... she would like pictures of her childhood from all the albums we have. Big job, but its going pretty well.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #1629
Big Yapper!

UGH! I hate dental work. I hate even getting my teeth cleaned. I wish they'd put me under while they stretch my jaw and lips as far as they need to in order to do their work. Sorry you have to go through all that right now. Hope that fat-mouth feeling goes away soon. I guess this will be a low calorie day!

I'm glad Molly kept her distance from those Moose. I know they can be aggressive. So cool that they chose your land to winter over on. Do you see them much? I loved that picture you posted of them. It was so beautiful, with the blue/cold appearance. Kind of dream-like.

Picture scanning is a job and a half for sure. I should do the same thing but I'm too lazy. She'll be really happy to have them, so you're doing it for a very good reason.

Will be working in the rain today, but it's my Friday and I will get through it. Have a great day, Debby.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #1630
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I cannot imagine them staying outside in that cold of weather lol. We had two days here like that, and I hibernated!! That is awesome about the moose! Poor little Molly...probably scared her, but I have never even seen a moose, let alone hear one! That would be kinda cool to see one

Hopefully the two weeks flies by and they can get your mouth back to normal. Not too long ago, I had to replace fillings. My dentist said they should be done every 8 years@! I told him mine were done when I was about 9 years old, and I'm 38 now! ha ha. I was a little overdue to say the least.

I hope you are staying warm, and your hubby's hunting is successful. Enjoy the rest of your day

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:40 PM   #1631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks,
Mouth was back to normal by 8 pm. The temp. cap is good, so I'm A - OK to wait. Need to decide if I want him to re-do the filling with white. I'll see if he has to numb my mouth. Its a large filling also, so maybe the white stuff wouldn't work on it. (they say they have to use metal on the huge ones).
Greeny - I'd say find another dentist! That's CRAZY! I went to a dentist like that once, he had $$ signs instead of pupils! Some of my fillings are 50 years old & doing just fine.
Got an update location from DH. They've gone further north... hope they find the elk there. I miss him!
The moose stay pretty much out of sight as much as possible. Sometimes they're right in the trees in the back yard, bedded down & we don't even know it (even Molly). Its cool to see them.
Yep Greeny, all the animals around here get good winter coats. The horses look downright bushy.
Cheryl, I discovered my scanner program can separate 4 different pictures, scanned at once. That is 4 x faster!
Had a good day at work. Did 3/4 hr extra, getting caught up enough to realize how behind-er I am! Should of worked Friday... but hopefully I can catch up before Friday.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:18 PM   #1632
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just heard from DH. He got one. They'll try for another one for his friend. Good, that's hopeful. I miss him so much.

Enjoying Biggest Loser.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #1633
Big Yapper!

You're so cute! I enjoyed that post you wrote ($$ instead of pupils) and the rest of it was entertaining too. I prayed for your hubby (as I was reading that you said they were moving farther north) that he'd get a nice elk asap and come home, then in your next post, he got one! Rapid prayer response! I did one of those "YES" arm motions where you reach up, grab the air and pull down. Thank you, Lord!

I hate to hear how you're missing him. Nice to be in love after all these years, though. May God protect him and bring him and the elk safely home to you soon. Glad the mouth thing is behind you. Anytime you can do the filling without metal, the better-off your health will be. That metal leaches into your body and causes all sorts of long-term issues. Some people pay to get the old metal fillings from their childhood removed and the white ones put in their place. Must be nice to be able to afford that.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:02 PM   #1634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
You sound so good today. Wonderful to have the day off to be rested & catch up.

Yes, I'm trying to slowly replace my metal fillings, I'm surprised he didn't even ask. But we all have off days. Will talk it over with him when I go back. I really like my dentist. He's a little oriental guy, very friendly & gentle... also has a motorcycle.

Wow, I got so 'caught up' that I may be able to take the 2013 books in to the accountant tomorrow.

Parking lot was a skating rink again. I just found my ice-grips to put on my shoes for tomorrow... Poor Molly, she needs 'em too! I only let her run out & back today. Way too slippery.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #1635
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Bummer on the ice. When does Dave get back? Glad he got one!! Just catching up w/ everyone...hope your ear is better!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #1636
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, it is a bummer about the ice. Thankful that I stayed on my feet today! Glad I found my ice-grips.

Not sure when DH will be back. They will be trying to get another one for the other guy. Original plan was 7-10 days. Today's day 8.

Thanks, my ear has been good since Monday afternoon. Still have some sinus issues, so still taking my herbals.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #1637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH is on his way home. The other guy got one today. So he'll be home tomorrow.
Today went well at work. Overcame lots of projects & got the last one in perspective to finish on Monday. So, happily I can stay home tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #1638
Big Yapper!

Yahoooooo!!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #1639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH made it home this morning, around 10 am. So good to have him home
Busy day for us both. He had to skin, quarter, clean & hang the elk.
Me with his laundry, colored my hair, finished my scanning project , & cooked a turkey.

Actually let myself enjoy some of his popcorn tonight. And missed my exercise. Tomorrow's going to be butchering...
Old 01-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #1640
Big Yapper!

Hubby's home! Let the butchering begin and cook that turkey! He must be so happy to come home to find you've kept the home fires burning. Enjoy your "reunion." Absence makes the heart grown fonder.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #1641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I spent the morning cutting up & freezing the turkey, then all afternoon cutting & wrapping elk. Should finish it up tomorrow afternoon, we got the hard part done today (front). I can hear the coyotes barking real close, they're announcing the elk bones in our yard... Doubt they'll be brave enough to come get them before they get hauled off.

DH picked up the new stove today, but we left it in the hall, in the box. Can hook up another day... well, tonight I forgot it was there & in the dark, walked right into it. Knocked the wind out of me & bruised my ribs. Ye-ouch! Couldn't breath for a minute...
Day 2 of no work-out. But I think all the extra work counts.
Have a good Sunday everyone!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:09 AM   #1642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
yum...turkey

Sometimes with the pics, and descriptions of your daily life, I think you are like a modern day Little House on the Prairie Glad your hubby got the elk, and is back home. I would be scared to death if a coyote was barking close enough for me to hear it lol.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:16 AM   #1643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL... yeah, you're right, probably the life most of us up north is similar, though I never got the chance to watch that show.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 AM   #1644
Big Yapper!

So sorry you wiped out on that darn oven! You must have been going at a pretty good clip. Yes, all that elk prep counts as exercise. So you cart the bones off so you don't attract unwanted "neighbors"? I can understand that.

You don't have chickens, do you? Seems like you ought'a. Would make it tough when you go away on your road trips, though. And they would just be more coyote bait. Scratch that idea.

Have a great day and I hope you recover quickly from your accident.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #1645
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
I'm pretty sore. Weird, because one arm at a time isn't bad, but use both of 'em & I feel like I'm going to split in half a the sternum.
We got 1/4 more meat done this afternoon, but too tired to do the last one. Hooked up the range. Its a bit shorter, so not as deep of an oven. Oh well.
We did chickens our first year of marriage, cured us! They are horrible creatures. And yes, they'd attract the predators.
Today one of my friends showed me a picture of the meat rabbits his son is raising. They're as big as Molly! Huge!
Day 3 of no work-out.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #1646
Big Yapper!

As big as Molly!? How do they get them so large? Is it more the breed than the feed? Too funny about being cured of chickens. I don't even want to know why you say they're horrible. Sorry you feel so sore. I knew you would, by the way you described the initial impact. WTG on getting more of the meat prep done. Bummer about the depth of the oven. Don't you hate when things like that happen? Makes you remember old adages like "live and learn."

I hope you feel much better tomorrow and can slowly work back in your workouts.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #1647
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
DH made it home this morning, around 10 am. So good to have him home
Busy day for us both. He had to skin, quarter, clean & hang the elk.
Me with his laundry, colored my hair, finished my scanning project , & cooked a turkey.

Actually let myself enjoy some of his popcorn tonight. And missed my exercise. Tomorrow's going to be butchering...
So glad he's home. Sorry about the run in with the oven! Hope you're less sore today. So much work! (reminds me to thank my butcher at my Farmers market ) enjoy your fire and home.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #1648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
As big as Molly!? How do they get them so large? Is it more the breed than the feed?
Sorry you feel so sore. I knew you would, by the way you described the initial impact. WTG on getting more of the meat prep done. Bummer about the depth of the oven. Don't you hate when things like that happen? Makes you remember old adages like "live and learn."
I hope you feel much better tomorrow and can slowly work back in your workouts.
I'll see if I can get a picture of their rabbits, we're going to dinner at their place some time this week.
I was feeling pretty good most of the day, till I lifted a bag of groceries up about shoulder height... felt like something tore in my chest & like it was bleeding for the next half hr... still must take it so easy. No problem with strength as long as I keep it low & only one arm at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
So glad he's home. Sorry about the run in with the oven! Hope you're less sore today. So much work! (reminds me to thank my butcher at my Farmers market ) enjoy your fire and home.
We finished the meat at 9:30 pm! Whew! Now I'll take the burger to be ground & we'll pack that into baggies tomorrow night (before Home Group)! But that should go pretty quick. Got it all in the freezer too, without having to take the nuts, fruit & jerky out.
I also got my church books taken in to the accountant this afternoon. Things are looking up!
Hope y'all are doing excellent!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #1649
Big Yapper!

Night, sweetie!
Old 01-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #1650
Big Yapper!!!!

Ah, progress!! I'll bet that feels good! Good job!!