Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #1591
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hey! I think that was me who mentioned the posture bra. I might be losing it, but I think it was. I'm glad you're going to give it a whirl!

Your hubby sounds busy with that project. I hope it's warm in there.

Moose roast? Mmmm! Free food! And so natural and healthy. I wish I could find where to buy meat that was hunted and cleaned swiftly and properly. Not sure I'd like the flavor but you said if they do it right, there's little gamey taste. I think if you want to avoid things like GMO's, that's the only way to go.

I have a friend who used to be a regular haunt on LCF that I now only see on FB. She's gone Vegan. Remember Minimonkey? Yep! Vegan and even eats only raw sometimes. She must be really healthy now. Good for her.

I forgot all about Allie. Do Allie and Cowboy get along well Laura? They must or you wouldn't probably keep him. What does Shelby think of Cowboy?

That just slays me that Molly runs 25 mph, even with a sore toe (or not.) It must be tender, at least. I can just see her exuberant face as she's flying along, too. Dogs are so great. They are always so INTO it. Ready to rock and roll.

I hope you can find that grain mill so you can get busy making healthy breads. Enjoy your day, Debby.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #1592
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hey! I think that was me who mentioned the posture bra. I might be losing it, but I think it was. I'm glad you're going to give it a whirl!
Oh, yes it was you that suggested it THANKS!
Quote:
Your hubby sounds busy with that project. I hope it's warm in there.
Yep, nice & toasty... has wood stove burning.
Quote:
Moose roast? Mmmm! Free food! And so natural and healthy. I wish I could find where to buy meat that was hunted and cleaned swiftly and properly. Not sure I'd like the flavor but you said if they do it right, there's little gamey taste. I think if you want to avoid things like GMO's, that's the only way to go.
LOL... everyone seems to think that the meat is free. This year it almost cost his life. But in actuality, it probably cost us $20 @ lb. or more. I have to buy grass-fed beef (by the side) when we don't get a moose, & its 2nd best. For the record... I say there's NO Gamey taste at all.
Quote:
I have a friend who used to be a regular haunt on LCF that I now only see on FB. She's gone Vegan. Remember Minimonkey? Yep! Vegan and even eats only raw sometimes. She must be really healthy now. Good for her.
Good for Mini! ... I'd miss meat! My bf did that for a few years, but has returned to 'normal healthy eating.'
Quote:
That just slays me that Molly runs 25 mph, even with a sore toe (or not.) It must be tender, at least. I can just see her exuberant face as she's flying along, too. Dogs are so great. They are always so INTO it. Ready to rock and roll.
I hope you can find that grain mill so you can get busy making healthy breads. Enjoy your day, Debby.
Yep, our neighbors said she's the fastest dog in our neighborhood...
The food-mill will = a LOT of work for me... will enter cautiously. Maybe I'll buy some organic flour & start with baking bread, see if I can handle all the extra work.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #1593
Big Yapper!

Why on earth does it cost you $20/lb for the meat you hunted, brought back home and processed yourself? I remember you saying that you were doing it all yourselves. I remember also that you said the ATV flipped over. And I do remember you saying there was no gamey taste, which is why I said if I could find someone to clean something local in the way that you guys do it, it would be worth buying.

Wow. If it still cost that much to go out and get your own moose or elk, I don't know if I'd bother doing it. I know I'm speaking out of pure ignorance cause I've never known anyone personally who hunted their own game and ate their own meat. I have a BIL who loves to hunt but I don't think he's ever shot anything large. I may be wrong about that but I think he mainly shoots small game and then gives it away. I think he's mainly interested in the experience of being out there with his guns.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #1594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Why on earth does it cost you $20/lb for the meat you hunted, brought back home and processed yourself? I remember you saying that you were doing it all yourselves. I remember also that you said the ATV flipped over. And I do remember you saying there was no gamey taste, which is why I said if I could find someone to clean something local in the way that you guys do it, it would be worth buying.

Wow. If it still cost that much to go out and get your own moose or elk, I don't know if I'd bother doing it. I know I'm speaking out of pure ignorance cause I've never known anyone personally who hunted their own game and ate their own meat. I have a BIL who loves to hunt but I don't think he's ever shot anything large. I may be wrong about that but I think he mainly shoots small game and then gives it away. I think he's mainly interested in the experience of being out there with his guns.
Its when you factor in taking time off, repairs to vehicles, fuel, etc... its actually a very expensive hobby/venture... that's all I was saying... the hours & hours put into getting, hauling, cutting, wrapping it yourself has to be worth something... its just that, our SIL is always acting like we should give it away (to him)... or go get one for him. Its just a good thing my DH enjoys hunting. But it actually would be much cheaper if he didn't hunt at all.
Your BIL sounds like a neighbor of ours, used to hunt ducks, but didn't like to eat them himself... gave 'em away.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #1595
Big Yapper!

Okay, I get where you're coming from. Yeah, some people think it cost you nothing and so since that's the case, why not get ME one, too! SURE. Let me grab another one. No trouble at all.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #1596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You got it... kind of like saying people with motor homes get to 'travel for free.' Or someone's garden is all 'free food'... that too is more expensive then buying.
I see Molly's mommy just had another batch of Mollys! poor baby... that's a batch a year!
We might not have to get Molly fixed. She's almost 9 months old & doesn't seem to have had a heat... there also are no 'fertile males' anywhere! I'm certainly not going to put her through an unnecessary surgery.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #1597
Big Yapper!

Oh, I hope they don't breed Molly's mom every year. They need to take at least every couple of years off. They don't want to over-saturate the market either. I'd think that, anyway. That's odd that she hasn't had her first heat yet. I'll bet now that you said that, it will start any day now. Just you wait and see!
Old 01-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #1598
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I feel for the mommy... but the pair live together (mom & father). So its probably hard to avoid. Not likely to saturate the market though, this breed is in high demand & puppies are hard to find now days (in BC.) everyone fixes their dogs.
You're right, it just could happen since I said it!
Old 01-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #1599
Big Yapper!

Well, I'm sure they could find a way to keep them apart for the length of a heat. If they care for the female, they'll take the trouble. Or maybe they should have two females and they could take turns. I don't think the boy would mind.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:35 PM   #1600
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've never had that issue to deal with. Was dreading it with Molly... her parents are 'working dogs' on a horse ranch. Probably they didn't notice the heat in time... they do have a kennel built into the barn where the pups & mom stay when they're small.

I cooked up a couple of turnips & bunch of broccoli stir-fry today. Didn't burn either one! Even though I forgot them... the smell wafted in to me.

I'm subscribing to Consumers Report... will see what your best bet is. What year/price range are you looking - Cheryl?
Old 01-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #1601
Big Yapper!

You're going to look into SUVs for me? God bless you! I'm interested in from 2010 and newer. When I bought my current car, it was only 2 years old. It felt new to me! I wouldn't want to go farther than 4 years old.

Glad you didn't burn your veggies! Have a lovely Sunday. Mine is looking like it's going to be icy. They were predicting rain and now my manager is telling me it will be ice. I have the local forecast on right now and I'm just waiting for the info. Say a prayer, please. (I will have the bunny to bring home, too.)
Old 01-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #1602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
It's weird...our kitty was born in March and hasn't had her first heat yet either. She is an indoor cat, and I feel the same way, I am not going to fix her. Maybe you can get Mollie a baby sister??
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #1603
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah - no! Won't be getting another "Molly"... If anything, we'd get a goat or something like that... We travel too much, so that's a problem.

Cheryl, the Consumer's report site is not as easy to manuever as it used to be. I joined to look for your vehicle & my flour mill... they don't do flour mills.
I looked at SUV's & its too difficult to gather the info to pass on in 'bulk'... but they run $14-18,000 for 2010's. If you come up with a name, I can send you the run-down-score.... & compare. Looks like they really like Honda & Toyota, but there's other ones that are recommended.

We took the kiddo's to church & then lunch. It was a good time. Waitress thought they were our kids.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #1604
Big Yapper!

Thank you for checking those vehicles, Debby. I appreciate it a lot. I'm going to keep putting money into the old gal for another few months and see where that gets me. The mechanic said it still had a strong motor and he thought it would be worth keeping. I am going to see if he was right.

Goats are great pets. So much like dogs in the way they wag their tails when they're happy. I love our goat we have at the farm. I hear ya about pets and the difficulty in when you go away. I think having this rabbit is going to open my eyes to having pets. I might change my mind about dogs altogether.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #1605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Years ago, when we lived in the 'bush' - we had goats for milk. All animals are pretty cool... our neighbor has goats & sheep. They said they will loan 'em to us this summer to kill the bad weeds that I won't let anyone spray. They love weeds. Molly will love that!
So happy for your new rabbit. Hope Cissy stops looking at him like that.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #1606
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
We have friends with goats, they sell the milk and the kids. About 4-6 of them at a time. Pretty cute and functional too!

I've got an old Honda pilot that I love! Highly recommend them-166k miles and running strong. They're not cheap though but reliable.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #1607
Big Yapper!

Hey Debby, what does Consumer Reports have to say about Nissan Xterra's? 2005 and newer? I have always loved the look of those bright yellow ones whenever I see one going down the road.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #1608
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,

Cheryl - Just sent you the info (email). 2005 was the only one they had info on, but there is a comparison to other years included.

Worked today... so many interruptions, so much work. Quick trip to town/bank & renewed my van's insurance/license. Its been a year since I bought it.

I am watching Dogs with Jobs... its a cool show.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #1609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends,
Today was a good day. Worked hard, accomplished a lot.

Going to a meeting tonight.

DH ran Molly with the ski machine... she just never wears out. Oh, by the way, she runs 30 mph now...
Old 01-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #1610
Big Yapper!

Wow! That's fast. I guess you sent the info on Facebook so I'll be looking for it over there. I didn't get any email from you the regular way. Thanks for looking it up, Debby.

It's been very busy for you at work lately. Sorry about that. Enjoy your day!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #1611
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow! That's fast. I guess you sent the info on Facebook so I'll be looking for it over there. I didn't get any email from you the regular way. Thanks for looking it up, Debby.

It's been very busy for you at work lately. Sorry about that. Enjoy your day!
Hey! I sent it to the wrong Cheryl. I don't have your email address... can you send it to me via facebook?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #1612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH went left for his hunting trip this morning. I put in another batch of Jerky in the dryer.

Work was hard. Over-tired because of the late night last night, hard to concentrate. But I got it done. Thinking to work from home tomorrow.

Amazon has Beth Moore kindle books for free... trying to decide which one to get... the ones I am really interested in aren't free. of course!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #1613
Big Yapper!

Never heard of that author but thanks for the head's up. Will go check them out. I'm not much into fiction. I hope you do work from home tomorrow. Probably just what the Dr ordered. Have a peaceful evening.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #1614
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
DH went left for his hunting trip this morning. I put in another batch of Jerky in the dryer.

Work was hard. Over-tired because of the late night last night, hard to concentrate. But I got it done. Thinking to work from home tomorrow.

Amazon has Beth Moore kindle books for free... trying to decide which one to get... the ones I am really interested in aren't free. of course!
I downloaded a bunch of them the other day...and some Andrew Murray, Moody and Spurgeon e books too . Hope you're getting some rest today, and hope dh does well!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #1615
Big Yapper!

What is DH hunting for this trip? How long do you think he'll be gone? I hope it's a quickie and he comes back safe and sound with the prize.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #1616
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Julie, I like using Kindle to read. But haven't had too good of luck picking the right books. Also don't want to use too much space on my devices, otherwise I'd go for all of them! I also have started hunting for a better 'daily devotional.'

Hi Cheryl, He's hunting for elk, up in NE BC with a friend. They both got 'draws' for elk. Probably a week- ten days.

Going out to run Molly. BBL
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #1617
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sure is quiet today here today.

I had a nurse visit this morning, having to change insurance companies. My biggest worry -- going without my 1st coffee till after the blood test! But I survived.

I worked on books, & now feeling like I've had 'too much' alone time! Better pray that dh & friend get their limit today!

Hope y'all are doing good!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #1618
Big Yapper!

Glad you didn't from lack of caffeine. I hope they get their limit fast and come home soon, too. I bet being alone out there in the big wide open really feels "alone." Here, you're not far from a human being if you really needed one. For better or for worse.

I worked this afternoon in the rain. It was steady and varied from sprinkly to almost driving with the wind. Par for the course. At least the horses were inside when I got there instead of out and soaked. There was even a t-storm an hour or so before I got there and I was glad someone saw that coming and got them inside. Never know how they will react with t-storms and lightning.

Time to drift over to my journal...
Old 01-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #1619
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes!! Actually, I'm not a very nice person 'before' my first cup of coffee Found that out at Christmas time... house full of family got up same time as me, wanting breakfast pronto, so they could go somewhere...not pretty. Good thing they love me!
I actually really enjoy being 'out here' alone... but it seems two days was enough! I need to start a new project.

I just talked with my older sister. She's getting a hysterectomy on Monday. They're using a da Vinci Surgical Robot on her, but said it will still take 4-6 wks. to recover. Poor her. I'll be keeping her in my prayers.

Thanks the interaction Cheryl!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #1620
Big Yapper!

Wow. They must mean that it will take that long before she can lift her usual amount of weight, etc. A laparoscopic procedure has a low recovery time. I'm only guessing that's what it is cause I never heard of it before. They used to do vaginal hysterectomies (which I've actually witnessed when in nursing school. Talk about seeing something that gives you a guttural reaction.)

I had my gallbladder removed laparoscopically and a week or so later, I was packing to leave FL. I put an abdominal binder on and just went along as carefully as I could. I had surprisingly little pain. Anyway, I hope she finds that she has little post op pain and grief, too. Prayers never hurt.

I would love living where you live. I wish I was in a position to just come and visit with you. I've always loved the Pacific Northwest and mountainous regions. If God be willing, I will see that part of the country in the next few years or before it's too late for me to do so. Mountains make my spirit soar like an eagle. I should live in a place with grandeur and not be so concerned with being near family. I can't let myself be "selfish" and I wonder if moving somewhere I want to live just for the environment is something I will regret doing. I can't afford to just fly home whenever there is a family emergency, you know? It's a tough decision.

I never made it over to my journal so I guess I'll just hang out with you on yours. Glad I can keep you company. (Too funny about you being a bear before coffee. God help those house guests! Hope they learned to time their getting up to coincide with your refueling.)