Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #1561
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Wow Debby , I thought they were staying much longer . Hope y'all have had a great visit.

Thanks for the explanation, I had no idea what it was .
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #1562
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Such sweet time with family there, sorry you're not feeling better though . I'm finally nearly well myself! Silly sinus infection! Hope the new year hold many blessings for you and your family!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #1563
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yeah, they wanted to stay longer. But SIL's sister came with them (helping with gas) & she has to work on Monday. Kiddo's left this morning, just called; made it 2/3 of the way home, safely.

Hope your sinus infection heals soon Julie. I'm just about over mine, no more meds for last 36 hrs.

I spent the day doing laundry & catching up... now to catch up on sleep!

Hugs all.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #1564
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Sleep well! Glad you're feeling better and can rest for a day or two now.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:55 AM   #1565
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad your visit went well, even if it was shorter than expected ! Hope you feel better after having a good sleep
Old 12-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #1566
Big Yapper!

Have a nice Sunday, Debby!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #1567
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends,

Yesterday we went to friends for dinner & a visit after church. She's worn out too... they have a bed & breakfast & she's been cooking for all the friends her hubby keeps inviting over (like us) plus her son who's back from university for the holiday.

DD & family made it home safely.

We still have DS's ski doo here. DH's using it to run Molly with... We got 7 inches of new snow overnight last night... beautiful.

I'm looking at electric ranges now. Mine is malfunctioning... thinking to get a glass-top one & maybe convection, if they have one on sale cheap enough. The one we have now is one from a house we bought in 1990 that they had there from who knows when, so-older than the couches were. Everything seems to need replacing these days...

DH installed a new toilet Saturday. He had it for 4 months from a trade. Wanted to install a new floor (he doesn't like the lino), but the old toilet was acting up... so the floor will happen another time.

We slept in to almost 9 am. I think I finally caught up my sleep.

Yesterday I ended up eating GY, apple & prunes for dinner. I added oats & oatbran into my diet for the last week. It really helps with regularity, so I guess I'm not 'primal' anymore. Am going to continue with it & add fruit in the evenings as well, since cravings can't get too bad then. Oh, another thing I need to work on is my posture... some pics my DH took of me were a 'slap-in-the-face' to my self image... devastating... Time to get serious & change!

Hope everyone enjoys the last days of 2013
Old 12-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #1568
Big Yapper!

7 inches? Woooweee! I hear that's one of the systems that's making its way toward us. I'm shaking in my boots.

I hope you find the perfect range to replace your old one that's going screwy on you. Sorry you're spending all this money lately but how fun to have new stuff! I have a flat top and they're nice. I prefer cooking with gas but if you have to cook with electricity, the flat tops are nice.

A new toilet too? Good grief! What's next? Oh, wait; you already said it will be lino. Your posture is poor? I'd have never guessed from the pics I've seen of you before. Is it when you're sitting down or all the time? It's something you can change fairly easily. Just think tall!

I don't know much about Primal but if the things you added into your diet are making you function better, more power to you. You're "there" so you can create your own plan. How sweet is that?

Sleep well, honey. Enjoy the skidoo and the new layer of snow. Sounds like it's time to go skiing soon.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #1569
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl I've had poor posture all of my life. When I know my pic is being taken... I straighten up. My mother had the same posture, so she never corrected me on it. Over my adult years I've tried now & then...which has improved it for a time, but with my desk-job & years of dish-washing, its returned again & again.

I think the range will be next, though I'm not in a hurry for it, as long as the other one works. I'm hoping for a new coat of paint through-out the house. The floor will probably be put off for years, along with the upstairs carpet. Carpenters rarely get time to do the stuff on their own homes that they do on everyone else's...

Yeah, it was kinda cool being on a diet with a name that was so close to my WOE... but its too extreme for my body. I'll just go back to what works for me.

DH & Molly enjoy the ski-doo. Not me... I didn't ski today because it rained a bit this morning. Don't like those conditions. Maybe tomorrow.

I worked on books & doing the church deposit. Pretty relaxed. Then did my elliptical.

We have an insurance nurse calling to interview us tonight. Switching companies.

I'm really enjoying turnips now. Getting quite the mix going now.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #1570
Big Yapper!

I like turnips sometimes, too. Those root veggies are awesome. I have a root veggie broil thing in my recipe file, that came from my niece. It was really scrumptious. I knew what you meant about the ski-doo being your dh. I would love to play on that thing, though. Is there a reason why you don't enjoy it? I imagine the noise really spoils the raw beauty of the surroundings on a cold, still day.

I'm glad you got some things done and got some rest too. Balance is key! I hope the insurance interview goes well. Oh! And about the posture problem, I believe they sell bras that help with that. It might be good to get one and wear it for a while, just until you can get accustomed to the feel of what it's like to be straight up and down. My posture's always been good when standing, but when sitting, forget about it.

Sleep tight. Night #2 of no Restoril. I guess if it doesn't come tomorrow, I won't have any until at least Thursday due to the holiday. Oh well. If I have to live without something, let it be something I really don't "need."
Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #1571
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ski-doos get stuck in the snow= Wind-chill is horrible (don't like being cold)... dangerous, $$$$ expensive hobby.

Interview went fine. Had a hard time remembering how many years ago for minor things... wasn't important, why remember? LOL... guess if they don't accept us we won't have that bill!

Hope you find that you can sleep tonight. Wouldn't that be great if you could get off of them?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #1572
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like you have a lot of changes going on Debby. Yay ! New furniture and now other new things too !

I've never been on a ski doo . They do sound fun though.

You are so good at maintaining that I agree you should do what you know is best for YOU ! You are the most dedicated person I know .... amazing.

I have bad posture too.... getting that little hump under my neck from holding my head a little bit forward I think. I try to remember to hold my head and neck UP ! lol !

Hope you have a good night and are able to get the insurance !
Night !
Old 12-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #1573
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
It shouldn't be a problem. Unless not remembering dates is a reason... we don't really 'need' this insurance anyway, but it would be nice for the kids, if something happened to us. We already have lots of insurance. This one is just cheaper & will replace one of the others. It was sure cool be able to say my wt. & that it hasn't gone up or down 10 lbs or more in the last year.

You sound like me... hope we both can build those neck/back muscles up.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #1574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #1575
Big Yapper!

I agree with Laura. You rock maintenance, Deb. You're truly an inspiration.

I guess I wouldn't enjoy those ski-doo's either. I hope you get the insurance if it's really what you want and what you think it will be.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:34 PM   #1576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Greeny's speechless!

Thanks Cheryl, I have to work at 'feeling better' at the same time as maintenance. The thyroid thing is such a disadvantage, but that's life. I am very grateful not to be 'stuck' in a bad cycle, like I have been in years past. Freedom is priceless.
With the life insurance... its mainly to cover what the government will 'tax' whoever remains, or gets the inheritance. Greedy govt.
Just got back from town. Shopping. Amazing how much food I've had to buy in the last week!
Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #1577
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Looked at stoves at the Sears outlet. They have a good sale on one with all the bells & whistles... we're going for it.

Took down the decorations/tree, did laundry & elliptical .

DH hooked up his tire-changer for the motorcycle & then changed a tire, so it works.

Guess we'll have lots of action in the field tomorrow... DS's family & a birthday party (friends) will be sledding.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #1578
Big Yapper!

I am appalled by death and inheritance taxation. Wasn't everything the living individual owned already taxed to death? (Pardon the pun.) I hate the way the world works. God needs to take two giant defibrillator pads to the earth and give us a charge to restart how things are done down here.

That's so cool that you found a stove! Very exciting. So it's one of those "scratch and dent" kind of stores? Can't beat that! The hot tub I had purchased years ago was a "B-unit" meaning it had a slight flaw, but it made not a single bit of difference in how well it functioned or how long it lasted. It still cost an arm and a leg, but back then I had the cash.

Sounds like you have an amazing and fun New Year's Day ahead of you. Happy New Year, honey. I'll be around tomorrow so I'll be checking in on you and everyone else.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #1579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/128-130/128
WOE: hHCG, Currently Maintenance 5:2
Start Date: January 2012
Happy New Year !!
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #1580
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That's so cool that you found a stove! Very exciting. So it's one of those "scratch and dent" kind of stores? Can't beat that! The hot tub I had purchased years ago was a "B-unit" meaning it had a slight flaw, but it made not a single bit of difference in how well it functioned or how long it lasted. It still cost an arm and a leg, but back then I had the cash.
Actually, no. Friends of ours run the Sears outlet, so we're buying it new (non-damaged), but on sale... We do have one of those stores, but we'd rather give our friends the profit. Probably be around the same price, as this is a really good sale.

Thanks everyone! I hope we all have a great year ahead of us
Old 01-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #1581
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
ha ha, speechless
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #1582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy New Year's Day!

I have seen a lot of interviews about The Daniel Plan. Not sure what the ratio's are for protein/fat/carbs, but I know the spiritual side would be helpful. Might buy it, since I just love diet books.

Last day of 'holidays' for me. I'll go to work tomorrow, might start working Fridays too. I'll have year-end & receipts to get started. We'll see... DH might not be going back to work yet.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:37 AM   #1583
Big Yapper!!!!

I've never heard of that me...but makes sense. Healthy I'm sure. I'm trying to decide what eating plan to follow now. I lean toward Atkins, as I know how to follow it and find it easy and satisfying. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it, and will it work for me? But, I suspect I'll try it for a while and see where it takes me. I'm giving myself time to get to "goal".

HAPPY 2014!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #1584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's good Julie, I worry about you girls going on HGC. Its going to be so much better for your body to lose slowly. The advantage of the low carb diet is the lack of "cravings" - I really like that. But also need some healthy carbs to keep the system going. Being thankful for how far you've come & enjoying being small while you're still losing will be really good for your mind-set too.

We've continue having 'warm' spells here. Hope the weather straightens up & behaves! Started out raining today, which makes a mess, then turned to snow... still trying to rain! Looks like a winter wonderland now... but the church parking lot was an ice-rink this morning.

I worked today, but it sure was hard to get up this morning! Its gonna take some practice, getting back to 6 am wake-ups.

I left Molly home with DH today, figuring it would be more fun for her to hang out with him. Apparently she was extremely upset by it... cried & fussed for quite a while. Worse then when she can't play with the kids outside! I missed her too. Kept looking around, thinking where'd she go?

Anyway, I took her for 6 laps of the road today also & then taught her to 'shake-a-paw' since everyone seems to expect her to do that (we've never taught any of our dogs to do it - too silly). I need to read up on dog-tricks & continue teaching her, she really loves to learn.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #1585
Big Yapper!

Oh, yeah! Teach her every trick you can think of. My sister taught her latest dog the most tricks she's ever taught any dog. She bows, she prays, she does all sorts of really cute things. Cisco only knows how to "shake", "other shake" (switch to the other paw), "sit", "turn around" (good for when I'm towel drying her), "down" and the usual "come", "stay", etc. She does a really pretty "sit up" too. She'll hold it for me until I give her the snack.

Sorry for the sloppy weather and getting up so early. Nice to be missed though, isn't it?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #1586
Big Yapper!!!!

I hate ice too! snow is fine, sunshines better . cute you missed your dog. I could probably teach my pup a few tricks, he's pretty smart. But I never do either . I never really think to do it .
Old 01-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #1587
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Busy day today. We had our neighbors over for dinner & a visit. It went really well, really enjoyed having them. It was more work (cooking), but not too bad, since today was a day off.

Well, Molly got too close to the front tire & hurt one toe. I hope it teaches her to stop trying to herd the tires, but I don't think it did. I'll just have to continue being careful. She really needs to run & its the only way I can take her in the winter. Our neighbors were really impressed with how good she is now & they want to get a dog just like her to herd their goats & horses... ah, what a perfect life that dog will have!

Time for bed. Good night friends!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:01 AM   #1588
Blabbermouth!!!

Molly is so smart, I'm sure she could learn all kinds of tricks . DH tells Allie "tell Daddy how you doing ? " and she shakes with one paw. If he says 'both hands" she raises up and shakes with both paws. It's cute

Sorry her paw got hurt, but it might make her a little skittish of the wheels. Who knows...

Hope it gets easier getting up . Nice that you both have had lots of time off ! Everyone needs a break.

Have a good day !
Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 AM   #1589
Big Yapper!

Ouch. Poor girl. If she's as smart as you say she is, she learned a valuable lesson and will keep a little more distance from that tire. Maybe run her again while the toe still hurts so the pain will keep what caused it fresh in her memory. Might be what cements it in her brain, ya know?

Glad you enjoyed entertaining your neighbors. What did you cook for them? I'm on a roll with pork roasts. Nothing rocks like pork fat! YUMMY.

Have an excellent weekend and get rest so you are ready for another week of work. So will you be working on most Fridays now? I think you said you would be.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #1590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
Well, we got up @ 7 am on a Saturday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Molly is so smart, I'm sure she could learn all kinds of tricks . DH tells Allie "tell Daddy how you doing ? " and she shakes with one paw. If he says 'both hands" she raises up and shakes with both paws. It's cute
Hope it gets easier getting up . Nice that you both have had lots of time off ! Everyone needs a break.
Yep, right now, DH is working on renovating the insides of an Airstream trailer--in our yard... so he's at home, working a leisurely pace in his warm shop. Its his winter project for a regular client. And I must say, its giving his brain a good STRETCH! (everything in trailers is so much different).
Cute-Allie's both paws bet cowboy can learn some tricks too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Sorry her paw got hurt, but it might make her a little skittish of the wheels. Who knows...Sorry her paw got hurt, but it might make her a little skittish of the wheels. Who knows...
Quote:
Ouch. Poor girl. If she's as smart as you say she is, she learned a valuable lesson and will keep a little more distance from that tire. Maybe run her again while the toe still hurts so the pain will keep what caused it fresh in her memory. Might be what cements it in her brain, ya know?
Yeah, the 'herding' instinct is what is making this 'habit' so hard Cheryl. But today she did perfect 3 times in a row! I open the window & say 'stay' & today she stayed well away from the turning. Her paw/claw does not appear to be 'sore' at all... still ran 25 mph. & loved it.
Quote:
Glad you enjoyed entertaining your neighbors. What did you cook for them? I'm on a roll with pork roasts. Nothing rocks like pork fat! YUMMY.
Oh yum!! I just love pork in its (unprocessed).
Here's what I cooked: Moose Roast & gravy, baked potatoes w fixings, baked spaghetti squash, french bread. fresh pineapple with cottage cheese, peach upside-down-cake, coffee.
They are our German neighbors (awesome people). They'd never had spaghetti squash before & she was eager to learn how to cook it. And they absolutely LOVE moose, which was exceptionally tender & good... plus you can't beat moose gravy... its the best.
Quote:
Have an excellent weekend and get rest so you are ready for another week of work. So will you be working on most Fridays now? I think you said you would be.
Yeah, I think we're TOO rested up now... but enjoying it. I'm not sure if I will have to work Fridays or not. Depends how the receipts & books go. I may just put in longer days.

Last night we were talking about the GMO stuff. DH learned a lot of stuff he didn't like. He wants me to buy a flour mill & start making our own flour... baking bread, etc... so I'm going to check it out. I really should be protecting his health as well.

Looking at posture braces, thanks to your suggestion Laura. I've considered it before, but never bought one. A chiropractor told me once, she wasn't concerned with my shoulders, but my neck-head. Need to hold it up. Maybe the bra will remind me to do that.

Well, going to look for tax forms...
Have a good one!