Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #1471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yes! My priority is to avoid frostbite. I just found one on amazon & ordered it, but it won't be here till mid-January. So I'll go look for one at the ski-shop. If that fails I'll cut holes in an old toque till it comes. Would be nice to have some more stores here... like you have.
I took a pic of Molly this morning, but she looked right at the camera & tilted her head... giving her the creepy white eyes! In order to edit them out, I'd have to email it twice... $$$$ Will try again... maybe the new phone will have a better way.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 04:02 AM   #1472
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I hate that "creepy eye" look. I have lots of pics of Cissy like that, too. What's a toque? Hey! Whatever works to help you keep your nose, ears, fingers and toes. We're getting our first snow today. Starting around 9 and ending around 5. I'm working today so this should be interesting. Bbl. Have a warm and lovely day.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #1473
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
isn't that strange Debby that up there where y'all get so much snow , you can't find a mask ?? Weird.....
And that's unusual that Amazon doesn't have some "ready to go" . sorry you have to wait for it....

I love it when dogs turn their heads like they are trying to figure "us humans" out !

Stay warm and once again I'm in awe of your determination and dedication to exercise. I keep saying I'm going to get back to it, and I haven't.

Hope you have a wonderful day ! It's 34 here and I'm happy about that

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:19 AM   #1474
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl- toque: the ultimate in high Canadian fashion. worn year round whether it's cold or warm outside. and yes it does get warm in Canada! "I never leave the house without a nice toque on my head"

Laura, I think the robber-style ski-mask is an 'american' thing... they have lots of ski-masks & toques... but not exactly what I need... I wear my distance tinted glasses & they steam up with the other styles. Hope they don't with this one, think it should work.

I'm really happy about it getting warmer so I can ski. It really is fun!
Have a great day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #1475
Blabbermouth!!!

i looked up some pics as I didn't know what a toque was either. Pretty !
Old 12-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #1476
Big Yapper!

I just googled toque, too. I have the kind that has the dog ear type flaps that cover the ears and the strings that dangle down for tying but I can't imagine anyone wearing that in summer time. You must be talking about something else. Whatever they are, I'm glad you all like them!

Have a great day. I better get busy.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #1477
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
We call all knit hats "toques"... some guys actually do wear them all the time, also those dumb base-ball caps they all look alike, trying to be such individuals!
My phone came! It synched really easily through Google... only thing missing is my contacts. I also was able to put my music on it (even though its not i-tunes).
So, I spent 2 hours in town, set up my phone, then took a 25 minute ski with Molly in the field. We worked on the herding thing (once we were heading home)... and she did quite well.
Noticed tonight, that she has a scratch on her nose... guess she got closer to one of the kitties than they liked!
Oh, I found a ski-mask, but it cost me $50! I'm going to have to sew it to make my nose section bigger... suffocating!
Feeling good...
Hope y'all are doing well!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #1478
Big Yapper!

You sound like you're feeling good! You need a bigger blow hole. You'll have to forgive me. I'm watching a whale movie and just ducked in. Sleep well and go read about my very challenging day.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #1479
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Hi!
... some guys actually do wear them all the time, also those dumb base-ball caps they all look alike, trying to be such individuals!

All the men and boys here in Texas wear them 24/7 !! Funny that they don't everywhere.... I never noticed !

Oh, I found a ski-mask, but it cost me $50! I'm going to have to sew it to make my nose section bigger... suffocating!

Wow ! That's expensive
Feeling good...
Hope y'all are doing well!
You sound really good and happy !

Have a great night
Old 12-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #1480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I was feeling good that day... funny, my mood has been switching on me... a sign that my meds need tweaking. Going to have to work that, but this afternoon I forgot to take my isocort.

We just finished Bible Study. It was fun. Then the guys helped us move our old furniture upstairs so the new stuff will fit. Brought down 2 ancient chairs that we had in the guest rooms... a little rotating up... DH thinks it will be here tomorrow.

Hope your WOE & exercise went well!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #1481
Blabbermouth!!!

Would love to see pics of new furniture.... whole room ?? Or just chairs ?? But, I know you said it costs $$ for you to post them. Bummer.....

Had a good day yesterday. Glad you did too ! Hope you have an awesome day !
Old 12-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #1482
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

See if this works...

Old 12-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #1483
Blabbermouth!!!

ooooh I love it !
Old 12-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #1484
Big Yapper!

Beautiful! I'll bet they're comfy too. Will this be your first leather furniture? It might be a bit chilly in the winter but if you put a blanket down on it and then sit, it will help. Gorgeous! Happy for you both.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #1485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
ooooh I love it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Beautiful! I'll bet they're comfy too. Will this be your first leather furniture? It might be a bit chilly in the winter but if you put a blanket down on it and then sit, it will help. Gorgeous! Happy for you both.
Thanks! Yes, very comfy. Hope not cold, Cheryl, it wasn't when we sat on them in the cool store, cooler than our house... I like that it won't absorb dust & spills... easier to clean is for me! Will use leather oil on it to clean. Arrives tomorrow, they say. Will have to cover the backs from the sun... afghans.

Busy day at work. Had to work an hour longer to avoid going in tomorrow... I'll be Cheryl tomorrow!

Washing all the afghans, getting ready for the new stuff. Baked a roast & Hubbard squash.
We actually had some drizzly rain today! So, no skiing for me... elliptical & my PVR of the Mentalist... still trying to catch up on the recordings...don't think I'll ever catch up!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #1486
Blabbermouth!!!

Enjoy your new furniture !
Old 12-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #1487
Big Yapper!

An Afghan on the top is a great idea for a few reasons. The sun and also the natural oils in your hair and scalp will discolor the leather. My sister had leather furniture. It was wonderfully comfortably but I'm just letting you know that happened to her set.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow. Hope the weather allows you to ski tomorrow, too. Night all. Sleep well.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #1488
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I have had leather couches before and they were always freezing to sit on. ha ha. In the summertime, it was nice. In the wintertime, not so much.
greengeeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #1489
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a very restful day. Did book-work & my exercise inside so I wouldn't miss the delivery men's call. Did a bit of straightening up, getting ready for the furniture to arrive. But it didn't. I had to call them & reschedule it. They'll bring it tomorrow. What a way to run a business... I remember they did this to my neighbor a few months ago too.

I've been retaining water & not knowing why... figured it out tonight. Franks Red Hot sauce has more sodium in it than Tabasco sauce. Hmm...

We decided we'd better get started on our Christmas shopping... One family down... one to go... waiting for ideas from them. Of coarse DDIL turned the question right back on me... what do we want? I don't do well with any of this, neither does DH. We'd all like to get away from it, but haven't come up with a way. I was just remembering our gifts to them last year... neither of them have used their gifts from us.

Hope everyone has a good Friday night!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #1490
Big Yapper!

I think so many people get to that point in their lives where they agree to only buy gifts for the children and maybe go out for a nice dinner together or something rather than exchange gifts. I got to that place years ago. I don't buy Christmas gifts unless there is something someone I know really wants or needs and I have the ability to get it for them.

I can't believe they didn't come with the furniture today. I hope you didn't take the day off work to stay home for the delivery. Sounds like you got work done at home anyway. Have a good sleep tonight, Deb.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #1491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey that sounds good Cheryl, the dinner idea!

Nah, I'm still taking Friday's off. Just didn't feel I could go skiing. It will be fine though. DH's going to take the 3 large stuffed chairs to the 'sharing room' at the dump tomorrow morning, so we won't have them to shuffle around. Poor DH... he's been so uncomfortable in those chairs.
Sleep tight!
Old 12-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #1492
Big Yapper!

You have a place at the dump to place things that others might want to adopt? How cool is that?! How large is that area? It must be enclosed and protected from the elements. What a great idea! I wonder if I could get our town to consider building one of those. Think of all the space we could save in the landfills while helping each other at the same time! Plus it would make going to the dump FUN.

I hope your furniture comes today and that you love it! Enjoy your skiing if you go.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #1493
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes it is a great idea! There are always people there looking for stuff on Saturdays too. Often they help you unload right into their truck! Its probably only 12 x 12ft. but they have it very organized. Somebody takes care of it. We still don't have to pay to dump either... unless you've got a trailer-full... which only recently started being charged.

Furniture should be here any minute... they called to change delivery time.
Won't be skiing... too warm, snow turned to slush.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #1494
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anybody know the html for reducing picture size?

Old 12-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #1495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK... so I adjusted the size in my phone. Here's with 'covers' on to protect from sun. BTW...They're not cold...
Old 12-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #1496
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Debby they are just so nice ! How exciting for you . That big picture window is so wonderful ..... I would spend so much time looking out at the beautiful scenery
Old 12-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #1497
Big Yapper!

Beautiful! Love the entire room. So tasteful. Nice buck on the wall, too. I'm glad they don't feel cold. I know you said you keep the interior of your home on the chilly side when it's wicked cold outdoors.

Thanks for the pictures!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1498
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
LOVE the furniture!!! Nailhead brown leather? That's totally what I'd like to get eventually!! Leather lasts forever and works really well with kids and pets . Ours is 15 years old now and still comfy! enjoy it!!
Quote:
I had a very restful day. Did book-work & my exercise inside so I wouldn't miss the delivery men's call. Did a bit of straightening up, getting ready for the furniture to arrive. But it didn't. I had to call them & reschedule it. They'll bring it tomorrow. What a way to run a business... I remember they did this to my neighbor a few months ago too.

I've been retaining water & not knowing why... figured it out tonight. Franks Red Hot sauce has more sodium in it than Tabasco sauce. Hmm...

We decided we'd better get started on our Christmas shopping... One family down... one to go... waiting for ideas from them. Of coarse DDIL turned the question right back on me... what do we want? I don't do well with any of this, neither does DH. We'd all like to get away from it, but haven't come up with a way. I was just remembering our gifts to them last year... neither of them have used their gifts from us.

Hope everyone has a good Friday night!
I completely agree with you!! We too are trying to find a way to de-commercialize Christmas. It's really rough to be "in" the world, but not "of" it, kwim? It's a yearly challenge. This year we got our dd's mini iPads which were expensive (despite getting a screaming deal!!) But they will use them for school (thereby not stealing my laptop and iPad each day!!) so it's a gift to me too . The other stuff was little things like clothes (which they need anyway) and 1 nerf toy . I'm looking for a way to incorporate service into the Christmas experience for them, but we do serve pretty regularly throughout the year so I don't want to add it only for 1 day a year? It's an opportunity to talk about giving to others and celebrating the ultimate Gift in Jesus .

Hope all is well in the rest white North .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #1499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Talked with one guy at church today. They decided to limit all gifts among their family to homemade or recycled... also ask that outside family members just send money for the family to 'do' some family even together. Sounds good to me! I'd just like to think of something to give my DS's family, as a family gift... we already do that for DD's family.
The couch set looks darker in the picture than it is. Has some brown tints in it too. DH is enjoying it. I rarely sit in there. It works for me though, if I put the footstool up, they are for tall people.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #1500
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Talked with one guy at church today. They decided to limit all gifts among their family to homemade or recycled... also ask that outside family members just send money for the family to 'do' some family even together. Sounds good to me! I'd just like to think of something to give my DS's family, as a family gift... we already do that for DD's family.
The couch set looks darker in the picture than it is. Has some brown tints in it too. DH is enjoying it. I rarely sit in there. It works for me though, if I put the footstool up, they are for tall people.
For tall people? That's such a drag! You spend that much time and money shopping for furniture, it should fit you. Then again, the longer you "sit", the fatter you get. I should know.

Julie, you look FAB in your new Avi. Can you post it as an attachment on your journal so we can click on it and see it large?