Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
That cracks me up how you run Shelby with the van. It seems to be working great and that way you can be in the warm vehicle with the heater on high! As far as I know, the TSH is supposed to be near 0 when you are properly medicated. If you feel great, then run with it.
Frost bite? Oh no! I hope it heals up fine. That must be painful. I've watched movies and documentaries about mountain climbing (Touching the Void is my favorite) and it amazes me what people will do to put their lives at risk. I'm not against risk but when it's that cold? No thanks!
Best of luck with picking out the laptop. It's great that you have someone you can trust to help you decide. I was very disappointed to find out that mine did not come loaded with Microsoft Office. I'm sure my first computer did because I didn't buy and install that ever in my life. I hate to buy stuff when it should have been installed already.
Laura! I'm heading to bed now. Wish me luck on sleeping. I'm wound!
Yes! That's too bad, it costs more to buy it after the fact. That & the photo-shop are cheaper if put on when you buy. I'm getting both. He was telling me about a new kind of hard drive that is super-speedy. Going to get that & take my travel one in to get one put in it too. I'm so done with slow!
I think I must of caused the frost to happen by greasing up with coconut oil before my ski the other day. I thought I was protecting my skin, but it must of intensified the cold. I'm hoping it goes away quickly. Doesn't hurt, just feels funny, like glue on my cheek.
I got to talk with Dh finally. Its so hard to phone Mexico! So many numbers... then they don't speak english. they're about 14 hrs away from Peurto Vallerto, which is close to where they're going.
Yeah, the optimal for TSH is around 0, which I want to keep. But I've gone over the line a bit. Last time I got it checked I was experiencing hyper symptoms, but they quit when I lowered the dose, so it was weird that the # is even worse. But he did say that that it might still be improving, takes 8 weeks to show up.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #122
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I would try vaseline instead, for skin protection. I think others use it and it works great. I have a large jar of it and I'm going to take it to the farm. There's a horse there that might appreciate it more than I will. He has some chronic diarhea and he's being treated for it but it doesn't cure him. We have to give him a butt bath and when it's this cold, it takes a toll on his skin, I'm sure. I'm going to clean him up and then apply a layer of vaseline and see if it helps protect his skin. Poor baby!

I found out that my computer has the free version of Microsoft Office so that will be fine for my purposes. I used to have the really hard-core Photoshop software but found I was completely over my head. I was better using the basic, cheaper Photoshop software, which I still have the disc to.

I have the need for speed too but it seems there's always something getting in the way! Long story and it's late so I won't go into it now. Maybe tomorrow. I might have written about it on my journal but that was two threads ago and I forgot.

So glad you got to talk with hubby!!! Hope the rest of their journey goes smoothly. Then, happy dental moments. I wish I could go down there for mine to be taken care of!

They always say to go by how you feel, not just the numbers. So, be glad you are feeling great and on the right track.

Off to bed now. See you tomorrow, God willing.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, my posts didn't go through. Several of them on different sites. Can't wait to switch servers!
Cheryl, how much of "office" do you get with the free version? Might be valuable info for me! $$
Congrats on ONE-derland!!

I'm enjoying my fav show... Biggest Loser

Walked the driveway with Shelby, covering my face. But I have to remove my distance glasses during, to keep from fogging up. Then I came back & drove it with Shelby running twice. She's still playing like crazy.

I thought I was getting the flu after dinner. But seem to be fine now. Whew!

Dave's last 3 SPOT checks are all very close together. I'm wondering if he's having motorcycle trouble, traffic jam, or what?! They thought they'd be to their destination by noon... still not there. Can't wait to hear from them.

Well, today I felt "too warm" in church & looked around... nobody else seemed that way, so I guess I should lower my thyroid med a tad.

Upped the weight on my flex "ab" work-out Really felt the difference.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #124
Big Yapper!

I can't answer your question about the free version of Office right now but remind me later, like tomorrow. I have to finish my job app and then I can play. I've been putting it off. I hate that part where you put your three last jobs and explain gaps in employment. For me, gaps mean disability and I don't know a delicate way to phrase all that.

I watched BL last night, too. Jillian is even witchier than ever! I almost don't blame that lady for leaving. She was just evil last night. And then that same team lost the weigh-in and lost yet another member. Sad start to this season.

I'm glad those flu feelings vanished quickly!! Hope they stay gone.

You're really doing great with the exercise, Debby. I will get back to it eventually. I'm down another 0.6 today so every day, a little closer. I have my first paid orientation today so I'm nervous. Gotta take care of business! BBL. Have a splendid day, girl.

PS: Still having problems with my touchpad. tried reinstalling the driver and that didn't fix it. I'm so AGRAVATED! What good is a warranty if nobody steps in to help you fix it? All they give you is advice on what to try and then when that doesn't work, they want you to reinstall Windows, which will wipe out everything it took 3 days to set up!

I forgot to mention Hubby. I hope nothing is wrong, too. Please let us know when you hear something.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-07-2013 at 08:46 AM..
Old 01-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!

Well, I lowered my thyroid meds today, starting to notice being "too warm." Here we go again... only I just cut it back by 1/4 tab.

I had a good Monday @ work & town. Picked up my new slacks that had to be hemmed. Finally found some that I like the fit of! Can you believe, a 4 Sizing these days.

Went for a x-country ski. Its warmed up a bit, but I put on a face-mask & goggles. Scarey!

Oh, DH made it to Sayulita, Mexico. Where he's finally getting to enjoy the beach & sun.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #126
Big Yapper!

I am almost always overheating, Debby. I was working out in about 30 degree weather at the farm today with no coat, hat or gloves. Just a sweater that has a high neck. I have always been like that, or at least as long as I've been very large. I fatigue easily and sweat when others are still bundled up and doing the same work as I am. And I need so much more water than any other human being I know. I don't understand it but I guess it could be my thyroid.

I don't want to have my lab work drawn until I've done this juice cleanse a while longer. I want to see the levels of everything when I'm eating as much fruit and veggies as I am right now. Speaking of which, I'm going to my journal to complete this thought so I don't have to write it more than once. Come on over!

Glad hubby's there safe and going to enjoy the beach. Turning green over here!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, always warm... I've always been too cold. I didn't know why, but all my adult life I've been the one wearing coats when others are wearing short sleeves. I'm so happy things have turned around, but don't like when it goes into hyper & making me too warm. I really went bad that way on synthroid.

Now I'll share my day... (this is a repeat for you Cheryl). So, I enjoyed working out inside this afternoon, before dinner.
The dinner went really well. She invited 2 other neighbors that I don't know too well, so that was nice to get to know them a bit. One lost his wife last year (I didn't know that) he's 90 yrs. old. The other is a German & his wife & kids took a 2 week trip to Germany.So she had all of us "left-behinds" over for dinner. She actually served stuff I could eat! I was prepared to go off my diet to be polite, but didn't have to, she had such a variety. But of course I skipped dessert.
Unfortunately... her husband was sneezing & coughing & blowing his nose the whole time. Came home & loaded up on my cold-fighter vitamins.
Shelby & Coogey had a blast playing. I got Shelby to run to the driveway out & back... she's dead to the world now! Totally worn out.

I also got to talk with DH. He's looking forward to coming home. Wandering around by himself in a tourist town by himself, no fun to swim alone. So now all he wants to do is come home.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hope Dh comes home soon and has a safe trip . Your dinner sounded lovely
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #129
Big Yapper!

Didn't you write about your day on my journal? I know I already read and wrote a reply about it. Sorry you wrote it twice for my sake! I hope you copied and pasted it.

I am down another full lb today! 9.2 in 6 days of juicing. And not 100% juicing either. As you know, I've added in almonds and whole fruit for my evening meal and even made a small meal of scrambled eggs with butter one other night. Yesterday was just juice. I didn't feel the need for solid food.

I'm feeling slimmer!

Have fun today! I hope you don't start feeling ill after being around that man at the dinner party.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep Cheryl, I just copy & pasted it... want to keep track here.

That's so great that you are losing weight & feeling slimmer! Ain't it grand!?

I'm feeling pretty good now. The vertigo seems to be gone & the cold symptoms are gone. PTL! Will continue on my vitamin regime. Also made sure I didn't eat anything I shouldn't so my system will be stronger. (I had been adding my whey powder to my oat bran in the afternoon, gotta use it up & I don't notice any ill effects from it). So will lay off it till I'm clear & free of the bugs attacking me.

Speaking of bugs...I just talked with DH on the phone. Well, he now has Montezuma's revenge... He's taking the meds that we had left over from the trip we took years ago. Fortunately they still work! And I wrote out the instructions & stuck them in his bag before he left. He says he has been avoiding the lettuce, but since "everyone else" brushes their teeth in the water, he starts doing that too... guess what!? That's what he did last time we went & he got sick then too. Men!

He might get to go fishing tomorrow, if stomach settles down.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

what bugs are attacking you Debby ? Did I miss something ?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
what bugs are attacking you Debby ? Did I miss something ?
Cold & Flu bugs...
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

oh sorry you haven't felt well Debby. Take care of yourself .......
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #134
Big Yapper!

Oh, that's terrible about your husband getting that condition. My nephew and his bride are taking a belated honeymoon to Mexico in about a week so as soon as I read what you wrote, I passed the information along to him. Now he knows not to brush his teeth with the water either and to bring whatever that medication is with them. His wife is an ER Dr so she should know what to take along.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, though. I just wrote a long post on my journal about my day so far. When you have time, shoot over there and see what happened.

I'm not feeling all that "well" on this juicing plan. It's day 8 and I expected to feel pretty amazing before this point. I'm wondering how to proceed. The weight loss can't be beat! Down nearly a full 10 lbs in 7 days. Didn't reach the number 10 by only 2/tenths of a lb. Don't want to lie but I think I'll just call it 10 lbs.

So, I've got some thinking to do. Will be back later when I'm finished. Hope you're having a great day! You too, Laura. How's Texas treating you? What's happening in your world?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Just working. Bad headache this am. Bad 3 days at work. very stressful, guess it got to me. Debby sorry your DH is sick . When will he be home ?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, Hope you feel better soon too!

They have to be back by the 28th. His friend still has 4 more days of dental work to go, so its going to be pushing it, all the way. DH will go ahead & they will meet at SIL in Arizona, if DH recovers from MR soon.

I just talked to DH, he's still sick. Going to a clinic tomorrow. Hopefully they can help him.

I got my new internet hub today. It runs like a cell-phone, off of Bell & is working a bit better then the other one did when it was its best.

I was able to get the charitable receipts printed off & cut. Now just to put them in envelopes. And pass them out on Sunday. Its a huge relief! Then I can get on with concentrating on the year-end books. Also had a huge answer to prayer today... Christian High school grad had booked the church, and then I found out the Royal Conservatory Tests were to take place at the church on the same days! God is so good! Turned out the school had not firmed up those dates & easily switched their dates! It was too late for RC to change, as they sent out info, made reservations, etc... even though they didn't check on the dates with me first! You can imagine my stress!?

So, I went ahead & got a flu shot today. All the talk about how bad the flu is this year & seeing so many in our church that have it going through their families... at least it was free.

Blessings,
Debby
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #137
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry, Laura. I hope things turn around fast for you. Chin up, eyes forward, one foot in front of the other. This too shall pass.

Where's SIL in AZ? Can't figure that one out. That's terrible that he's still so sick! What is it about the water down there that they can't fix the problem? Or at least have the remedy ready to pass out like candy in every hotel and what have you.

I'm glad the new internet hub is better than what you had. That's wonderful that the school kids could easily change their date at the church. The Lord came through again! I'm glad you can now relax and let that one go. Whew!

I haven't had a flu or pneumonia shot in years. I hope this isn't the year I wish I'd had one but I'm just super careful about using those alcohol hand gels and keep them in the car with me. You should keep one in your car, too. One at the church, too! SEVERAL at the church!

Night, ladies. I hope I can get some sleep. It's 11:30pm and it seems that the milk of mag I took 18.5 hours ago may be about to kick in. Oy. Will see you again tomorrow. Blessings right back at ya.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #138
Blabbermouth!!!

Went to bed early , back wide awake now but H/A is gone

Hope DH finds relief. That's awful. ;(

Flu shot !! please get one for sure ! We do at least 15 swabs every 12 hr shift I work and 80-90 & are + !!!
It's everywhere and people are a lot sicker than usual ....... do yourself a favor and get one. DH and I are around people all day every day with it and neither of us has gotten it, so hopefully we won't.

God bless both of you also ! Ttyl !
Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH has been taking meds, but still has issues. He'd forgot about drinking Gatoraid... hopefully the Dr will prescribe something that will knock those bugs out.

I had a terrible night. Couldn't sleep, sore all over, and when I finally got up I couldn't be up for more then 2-3 minutes before blacking out. The flu shot seems to have given me a lot more then "soreness." Its taken me an hour to get food & tylenol down, stoke the fires, etc. (-1F) outside this morning!! I'm thinking I might make it now.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #140
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry, hope you feel better . Are you a CPA ? Wasn't sure, but you said you do books. That's great you can work from home. Is DH on vacation or is he retired ? Bet he really is ready to be home . Soon.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
sorry, hope you feel better . Are you a CPA ? Wasn't sure, but you said you do books. That's great you can work from home. Is DH on vacation or is he retired ? Bet he really is ready to be home . Soon.
Thanks, I do feel somewhat better. Not too energetic, but at least I can stay up.
No, I'm secretary/bookkeeper at my church. Work half days. Also do books for my husband's business at home. Not CGA, just book keeper.
DH is just taking a break. He didn't get one last year, too busy. We plan to take a nice long one in March or April, but this opportunity came up & he jumped at it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #142
Blabbermouth!!!

oh that's good. Where are y'all going on your long break ?? We are trying to decide where we want to go this year now that our schedules are the same...... I LOVE to travel
Old 01-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #143
Big Yapper!

Oh, Debby! What in the world happened to you this morning? I hope you recover from that, all the way very soon. You're the only one there to keep those home fires burning so you need to be well. Very cold there and very mild here. Going to be around 50 tomorrow and somewhere in the 40's today. (Barn day; volunteer shift.)

Your DH still isn't on medication? OMG. The Gatorade might go a long way in making him refuel. What a way to have a nice Mexican vacation go awry. BTW, I'd love to hear what his buddy paid for all his dental work and the extent of what he had done. If I could get down there, it might be worth the trip.

Laura, you're a nurse? If so, how many years? What sort of areas of nursing have you worked? I'm an RN too but no longer working.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #144
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry for hijacking Debby......... yep, I'm a nurse working ER most of my years, but have worked m/s ,ICU,psych, NICU,........ used to work 3 jobs 1FT, 2 prn ......for years. Now just ER FT ---- DH is an ER nurse too.....that's all he's ever worked and doesn't want to do anything else.

We just finally got our schedules to line up...... 6 12 hr shifts on, then 8 off .....rinse, repeat Can't wait, we plan to take lots of trips ! Thinking of buying another RV, we sold ours years ago.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #145
Big Yapper!

I knew that but I completely forgot. As soon as you said you worked the ER, it started to come back to me. Things like that are happening a lot to me lately. Scary stuff. YES! Buy an RV. We can talk more about that over on my journal if you are afraid of thread jacking Debby's. I love to talk RVs.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No worries about hijacking! I was enjoying the conversation too.

Laura I'm not sure where we will go when we get a chance to go. I'd like to go to AZ & UT to see family. But we've also talked about going across Canada, which would have to be in a warmer season. DH is going to AZ on his way home, but that won't count.

I am feeling better. Had two really long phone conversations & watered my plants... had lunch. Feeling better & better. Thanks! I hope DH is also.

Beautiful day out, sun blazing on the crystallized snow...That's really some cold front, hey? Ridiculous here! My SIL in AZ says its even freezing in AZ. That's not good news for motorcycle travelers.

I'm getting set to make my cereal. I make 16 times the breakfast serving, saves my mornings! Of course this morning I was out of the mix, part of the trouble I had in getting something to eat with the Tylenol while I could still stand up... went real simple this morning.

Brain cells are recovering. Might actually be able to program the docking-station alarm clock I picked up yesterday. MAYBE!

Catch you later!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you are feeling better. Hope your DH stays safe on his trip.

What kind of cereal ? You eat the same thing every day ? It must be good !
Old 01-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #148
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby, just wondering, what HAVE you been eating while DH is gone ?? It's so hard to cook for 2, but I can't imagine cooking for 1 when you aren't used to it. And you have done so good with your weight loss. You are a tiny little thing. Do you like to cook ?

I'm a foodie, so I cook when no one is home just because I want to. I love to cook. But I remember my Mom ( who was a great cook ) saying that if she ever was home alone she would open a can of tuna and call it a day

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 01-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Glad you are feeling better. Hope your DH stays safe on his trip.
What kind of cereal ? You eat the same thing every day ? It must be good !
I mix raw slow oats with Coconut oil, coconut, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds & almonds. Then scoop out a cup of it & pour on Coconut or almond milk, just to moisten. I love it. But haven't ever seen anyone else who'd eat it.

Quote:
Debby, just wondering, what HAVE you been eating while DH is gone ?? It's so hard to cook for 2, but I can't imagine cooking for 1 when you aren't used to it. And you have done so good with your weight loss. You are a tiny little thing. Do you like to cook ?
I used to love to cook, till I realized food bites me with misery. Now I only do the essential cooking. No baking anymore, just buy & freeze it for DH.

I always cook meats, poultry, & fish ahead. Freeze it, so I can pull it out for lunch & dinner & have a variety. I also cook up large servings of veggies for myself, to have on hand.

I always make DH nice meals, with variety, but I can't eat anything but the meat, so rather than strain my brain to cook 2 separate meals, I cook ahead for me. Then if I'm lucky enough to have leftovers for him, I'm really happy!

I realized this evening, that I probably have a bit of the flu bug, probably got it before the shot. So have to stay home, so as not to expose my grandkids & people at church to it. Still feel "off" all day.

DH was not able to see a Dr. just pharmacist. The meds he bought today may take 12 days to help. I'm quite concerned. He isn't yet. Working hard at getting fluids down, though nothing is appealing to him. So, gotta keep praying. He's also getting private Spanish lessons from the people that run the Hostel. So at least he has something to do when he can't go out.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #150
Big Yapper!

ladies! Busy day here. Was at the farm 3 hours and worked really hard. Did two trips around the fields to walk two of the horses. There was only two of us today. Very foggy and muddy but still lots of iced-up areas of snow. Strange, actually. I found a patch of actual grass that the horses could graze on. In January! Unfortunately, we were about to go for a walk so I had to tear them away from it.

Went shopping a couple places afterward, came home just past 8 and gave the dog a short walk. Put my new things away and am just now getting to the point I can turn my mind off and try to sleep.

Debby, I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better.

Laura, I'm confused about what she said about the cereal too. I read it a couple times and I'm still scratching my head. When you cook when no ones home, do you mean as if they were there? What do you do with the food then? Now YOU'RE confusing me!