Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #1411
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
That's quite the road trip! bad weather, accidents, minimal snacks in the car... I'm glad your almost home (probably all the way home by now!). I'm so sorry about your phone! I've gotten my iPhone stolen before (years ago) and was so lost w/o it. I rely on it for way too much!! Hope you can get a new one. Glad you're home and it'll be nice to settle back in and get ready for Christmas. Hope it's a peaceful week .
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #1412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks Julie,
I do hope there's a way to get the stuff off of the phone, had some pictures that I didn't download. Will talk to someone today about what can be done. I still have a year commitment on that phone.
We won't get home till tonight. Going to take advantage of the big city shopping... for a few items, if we can find the stores they're in. Sunday's are tricky here.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #1413
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
What kinds of things are you looking for ? I know you have limited shopping where you live. We always try to hit "everything" when we are in Houston that we don't have around here..... Let us know what neat things you get

I bet you are tired and ready to be home. Safe travels !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #1414
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Enjoy your shopping! Hope the stores aren't madhouses. I like online shopping with free shipping. Then no need for fighting traffic, hunting for parking spaces, dealing with rude people, yada, yada, yada. Some people just love to shop the regular way, though. Enjoy it! It's a novelty for you so maybe it really is fun from your perspective.

I really hope someone can at least retrieve those pictures from the phone, if it really is irreparable. What a shame it would be to lose those.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're still traveling. Used up most of the day shopping in Prince George (closest big city to our town)... so we only traveled an hour closer today. (3 more to go, if the roads are good). Good thing though, as I just found out from our neighbor that we had freezing rain at home today... that is nasty stuff!
We were able to get my new x-country ski stuff So, I'm all outfitted & ready to go again.
Looked at furniture & DH did some more sports-shopping...
Half the time it takes is "learning" about the stuff we're looking for. So important to talk to a real person.
So, Cheryl, I agree on online shopping for most things... but not the things we were looking at. Gotta try out the furniture for comfort & looks... Also the ski-shoes didn't fit till I tried 3 different kinds.
Had some guys work on my phone & they didn't get it going, but said to give it another 3 days & try again... still might be drying. So, I didn't replace it yet. The guy at the cell place was trying to say that my new plan was going to be like $80 @ month now But I just looked it up & I can 'lower' my plan cost (after an upgrade fee). But now I'll have to do it online & have it mailed to me. Oh well.
We tried to give Molly a run on the way, took a side-road, but it was so iced over she was slipping & falling way too much... still ran a couple miles, but I was so scared she was going to seriously hurt herself.
I was doing a greek yogurt day, till evening... ended the day with a bowl of Chili. Still came in under 1,200 calories... much better than yesterday's 800.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #1416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Hope you made it home safely. Winter weather can be so tricky. Poor little Molly lol...I would have been afraid too that she would hurt herself. You know puppies though, they just want to run! Glad you got your skiing stuff. Sounds like fun!
greengeeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #1417
Blabbermouth!!!

You sound like you are having a great time getting to shop the stores ! Yay for new ski equipment !
Poor Molly, I bet she is a bundle of energy ! That would be scary if she was falling on the ice ~ yikes !
New furniture ? Did you get some ? Hope you got to go to Sam's or Costco !! I don't think you have stores like that in Canada do you ? I hope to convince DH that we NEED (lol) to go to Costco next week when we are off Our Sam's expired a week or so ago..... hmm....

Have a safe trip home !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #1418
Big Yapper!

That sounds fun, all that shopping, buying and "trying on." I didn't know you were shopping for furniture. You going to pack it back home with you in the truck? Oy! (As my Mother used to say.) I'm glad you got yourself some new cross-country skiing stuff and are ready for the winter weather.

You were right to cut Molly's run on the icy stuff short. Better safe than sorry. I hope you get home safely and that all is well.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #1419
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad you got the ski stuff all set!! Sounds like its just in time! Safe travels home and hope that freezing rain passes. I hate that stuff! Down wires, slippery everything! Lots of accidents with it. Hope you settle in nicely and home and are glad to be back. I always miss my kitchen!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #1420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
So great to be home! Roads were pretty packed & slick all the way. But we didn't have any problems.

Our water filter system (RO) was plugged... had to change that out & it is still not getting pressure... might have to get a plumber. I'm running out of drinking water! Good thing I have 2 Litres of store-bought water in pantry. Other than that, everything looks really good. Neighbors plowed the snow nicely while we were gone.
We did find some furniture we liked, but they didn't have a set on hand in what we liked. It would have been shipped for us. We'll check out what is local next. Just saw some furniture sets in Costco e-flyer... too bad it wasn't at that store to try out.
It was really great to get home early in the afternoon. Got everything unpacked & put away. Also enjoyed home-cooked food again... hit 900 calories.
The weather is pretty extreme... 9 degrees outside... Brr!!! But the house was 48 degrees inside, so the plants all survived.
I didn't mention that the motel had a twin bed in the room for Molly! She sure got spoiled with that!!
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #1421
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
So great to be home! Roads were pretty packed & slick all the way. But we didn't have any problems.

Our water filter system (RO) was plugged... had to change that out & it is still not getting pressure... might have to get a plumber. I'm running out of drinking water! Good thing I have 2 Litres of store-bought water in pantry. Other than that, everything looks really good. Neighbors plowed the snow nicely while we were gone.
It was really great to get home early in the afternoon. Got everything unpacked & put away. Also enjoyed home-cooked food again... hit 900 calories.
The weather is pretty extreme... 9 degrees outside... Brr!!! But the house was 48 degrees inside, so the plants all survived.
I didn't mention that the motel had a twin bed in the room for Molly! She sure got spoiled with that!!
Hope & pray MK's DH gets healed!
Old 12-03-2013, 07:01 AM   #1422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

0 F Brrr!!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:11 AM   #1423
Big Yapper!

Ouch! That is cold. Huddle by your lovely woodstove, dear. Stoke that puppy! So glad you're home safe and that the plants were fine. Sorry about the RO system. Hope that doesn't cost much to fix. Hope you can find some furniture that you love. Bummer that they didn't have what you wanted.

Have a warm day inside where it's toasty and cozy. And eat! 900 is too low, darling. I know you don't eat tons of calories but you're tiny enough.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #1424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, loaded up with long-johns for work today.
Went early-worked late, & got a good start on everything. They all fussed over me... missed me so much! So nice to be appreciated.
I went shopping & stopped in at the local furniture store & they had a couple sets that I really liked. Much higher cost on them (of course). But will take dh to see 'em & we may just get our new furniture here.
Yep, stove is stoked... house was a comfortable 63 degrees when I got home. Pretty good for how cold it is.
Molly's doing well running on the packed snow. Its not slippery like that road was. I ran her down the plowed part 3 times... teaching her not to herd me when we arrive near the house... she tries to stop the car from going home... (More! More!) Since I kept using the circular drive to start another lap, she actually stopped the herding (so much).
Yeah Cheryl, its too hard when traveling to get my calories. Today had to go with M & E for breakfast & lunch... that's all I had on hand. Will have to figure out where to get more cals... probably C.O.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #1425
Big Yapper!

M and E? Can't think what that stands for. Glad you found some furniture! I'm tired so just a wave hello from me tonight. Mwah!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #1426
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you are home safe and sound ! Thought you would take a "rest" day today !
I put the LCF app on my phone -- hehe - - checking in from work
Old 12-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #1427
Big Yapper!

I think she should have had a rest day, too. No rest for the weary, as they say. Hugs! Night, all.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #1428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I can not even fathom being outside in 0F. I live by the lake, and we get a windchill here that is crazy. If it is 0F out, then it usually feels like -15F. Kudos to you for taking the pup out still
greengeeny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #1429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi again,
We were really happy that we had half a day to unpack etc... both of us a day late for work as it was... My week will be very busy trying to catch up as it is... but thanks
DH tried something else to fix the RO. Nope... have another idea for tomorrow, need to purchase another filter though... good thing is having the 5 gallon jug of water. I drink SO much water & coffee.... really need to get it fixed!
Greeny, I didn't walk Molly... ran her from the warmth of my van
I was looking forward to skiing also, but at that temp I would get frostbit for sure. Still need a ski-mask to cover my cheeks too. We actually get down to -40 F some years (but not for very long). Most of the winter varies from 30 F to 20 F, with occasional drops way below... like now.
M & E = Meat & Eggs. Its a variance of primal.
DH isn't too excited about spending a huge amount more on the furniture... I can't remember numbers too well, so we'll see when we go in together how much of a difference... they may well give us a better deal too... one can always hope!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #1430
Big Yapper!

That's what I would have guessed "M & E" meant but it sounded too boring to be true.

GG, I lived on a lake for three years, too. In the winter, it was like living on the tundra. No shelter from the wind. Things blown off the property and across the street into the golf course, never to be found again. Every crack in the house letting in the cold air and letting out the heat. The snow drifts were insane, too. You could see grass in one spot and then a foot away, three or more feet of snow with crazy decorative edging. If you don't live far enough south, I don't recommend living on a lake. (Sure was great in the hot months, though.)
Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #1431
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep you might have to buy more water ! Hope you are able to get the new furniture
That would be fun ! Better get off here ...
Old 12-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #1432
Blabbermouth!!!

just adding on..... I think you've caught the 'shopping bug' haha !

What about the greek yogurt ? I can't every imagine me having trouble UPPING my calories ! lol ! Good luck finding something you like that will do the trick for you .

night !
Old 12-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #1433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,
Well, temp jumped up to 1 F
Good news is, the RO is working again.
Didn't sleep too well last night, I think my body is not used to working out so late anymore... I did start late, so will have to do it earlier today.
I'm charging my iphone now (tech told me to wait 3 days)... see if it will start, or in the least get the pictures & data off of it. Looking forward to getting on with this thing, get it going again or order a new one. I had been set to buy it in Prince George... but since he said there was a "chance"...
Hope everyone has a marvelous day!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #1434
Big Yapper!

Please, Lord! Let her iphone still work! At the very least, allow her to get all the data and pictures off of it so they won't be lost. AMEN!

Balmy! 1 degree! (Can't even put an "s" after that word.)
Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #1435
Big Yapper!!!!

Really? Brrrrr! Hope the phone recovers! Enjoy the hopping with dh, hope you can get a good deal . Eat! That's way too low on calories!! Your metabolism needs more food, especially in that cold weather!! Glad you're home .
Old 12-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Please, Lord! Let her iphone still work! At the very least, allow her to get all the data and pictures off of it so they won't be lost. AMEN!

Balmy! 1 degree! (Can't even put an "s" after that word.)
Thanks! The Lord answered your prayer... got all my pics & video's off. Data shows up on computer... was even able to send & receive text through siri and read by siri.. but the screen doesn't light up. I just sent an email to a repair shop to see if its worth fixing...
Old 12-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #1437
Big Yapper!

YEA!!!!!!! Thank you, Father!
Old 12-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #1438
Big Yapper!!!!

Well that's encouraging! Hope it's fully fixable
Old 12-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #1439
Blabbermouth!!!

So sorry you didn't sleep well.... all that traveling might have messed you up too.. hope tonight is better

I bet you lost weight again on this trip ! That is low cal for sure You better eat more to keep you going so you can ski

Good luck on the phone . What kind of tablet did you end up with ?

ttyl !
Old 12-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #1440
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks,
I slept really well last night. Did housework for my exercise yesterday & we had our home group.
Last night, after home group I brought Kaboodle (cat) into the family room & had him on my lap, petting & grooming him, so Molly could meet him. She was so good... then appeared to get jealous! Kaboodle just soaked up the attention & really needed that grooming!
I think my wt. is basically the same... having regularity issues right now, so the scale is retarded. I'm eating above 1300 again now.