Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #1381
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Deb, is she in her own bed or a hospital bed? Those hospital beds are very uncomfortable for long periods. If at all possible, she might feel a whole lot better in her own bed but propped up with lots of pillows when she needs to be more upright. I hope the rest of her days are more comfortable.

It was a lot of fun watching your video. I wish you were able to share them (and view them) when you were at home, but I guess it's a small price to pay to live in such an amazing area of the country. Who needs videos when you have GRANDURE!?

Molly's job is to make everyone smile and feel loved? Aw! She's smaller than I thought she would be. How much does she weigh? Do Border Collies bark a lot? OMG. My mutt is mouthy. She has two habits I detest: barking and rolling in wild animal feces. Thankfully, she doesn't get much opportunity to do the second one.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #1382
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Deb, is she in her own bed or a hospital bed? Those hospital beds are very uncomfortable for long periods. If at all possible, she might feel a whole lot better in her own bed but propped up with lots of pillows when she needs to be more upright. I hope the rest of her days are more comfortable.
Actually, they did get her a hospital bed, from hospice... one that has electric controls. We spent a lot of time trying to get her comfortable with pillows & rolling. We ended up giving stronger meds, because its the tumor that's causing the discomfort. It seems she's hanging on to see our DD, who is coming tomorrow. We hate to see her in pain.
Quote:
It was a lot of fun watching your video. I wish you were able to share them (and view them) when you were at home, but I guess it's a small price to pay to live in such an amazing area of the country. Who needs videos when you have GRANDURE!?
Yep.
Quote:
Molly's job is to make everyone smile and feel loved? Aw! She's smaller than I thought she would be. How much does she weigh? Do Border Collies bark a lot? OMG. My mutt is mouthy. She has two habits I detest: barking and rolling in wild animal feces. Thankfully, she doesn't get much opportunity to do the second one.
I'm not sure how much she weighs. I can still pick her up, but kinda heavy for me. Maybe 45 lbs?
She'd like to bark more, but I am very strict about that. I'm having to run out to stop her here, as the other dogs bark at everything, so she's getting 'into it.' Last couple of days, she wears out every single dog... then starts in on the people, and the goats... so much energy!
I bought 2 pairs of jeans. They are thicker & will be warmer than my fav's that I have, but not as "cute."
Looks like we're going to have nice weather here for the next week.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #1383
Big Yapper!

People do wait for certain people to make it to their death beds before they let themselves slip away. I'm sorry she's uncomfortable but that was inevitable. Those Dr's (or whoever it was) that said it was a "painless cancer" was a doofus.

I have an anti-barking collar for Cisco but she's also wearing the radio collar for the underground fence. If I put the barking collar on her and it just bumps up against the other chunky plastic part of the collar, the vibration is perceived to be a bark and it sends a correction. It is enough to make Cisco afraid to leave the porch or even move.

Please have a nice evening and I hope when your DD arrives tomorrow, your MIL will rest and let go. Lord, welcome her into your loving arms. What a family reunion she's got coming!
Old 11-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #1384
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:46 AM   #1385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, up until now, she hasn't suffered any pain. We think the tumor is pressing against something now. Upping meds. She wants to be able to talk with our DD today. I think she might be able at least to exchange 'I love you's'
Molly's wearing all the dogs out... & still not getting enough play time... DH took her to play with the 2 black labs next door... hope it helps. She's just so rev'd up... huge yard, but no quad or van-runs.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #1386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My MIL went to be with Jesus today. I discovered that she had gone, at 1:30 am this morning. It has been a full day, of family.
So thankful to know that she was looking forward to being 'home' and that her home-coming was a big celebration in heaven.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #1387
Big Yapper!

Oh, wow! She really was waiting for your daughter to arrive. God bless all of you in your time of grieving. Celebrate her life and be happy knowing you won't be apart forever. How peaceful she must have been to just slip away when she chose to. I'm so glad you could all be there with her.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #1388
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
My MIL went to be with Jesus today. I discovered that she had gone, at 1:30 am this morning. It has been a full day, of family.
So thankful to know that she was looking forward to being 'home' and that her home-coming was a big celebration in heaven.

how is your DH ? I'm sure it is comforting that y'all got to spend her last days with her. So sorry for your loss though. Losing my Mom was the worst time of my life. Heaven is indeed having a wonderful Celebration !
Old 11-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #1389
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I'm so sorry for your (and dh's) loss! But so happy for her!! her new body is perfect, with no pain or sorrow!! Oh Lord haste the day!! Praying for you all .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #1390
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
I'm so sorry for your (and dh's) loss! But so happy for her!! her new body is perfect, with no pain or sorrow!! Oh Lord haste the day!! Praying for you all .

And that's "as in" Welcome Home, and Happy Re-Birth-day! I love your post, Julie.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-25-2013 at 04:30 PM..
Old 11-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #1391
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks gals,
Things are going well. We are sorting through things... did the clothes today. DH is doing more hand-may chores... we're staying till day after Thanksgiving. It will be great to be in America on Thanksgiving with family!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #1392
Blabbermouth!!!

what is hand may chores ??????? handy man ? lol !
Old 11-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #1393
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep! And I posted that in more then one place! Hehehe...
Old 11-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #1394
Big Yapper!

Good catch, Laura!

Deb, enjoy the rest of your time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless each of you this special week.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #1395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Molly is wearing out all the dogs here... 3 large, one small, then the neighbors 2 on one side & one on the other side... the goats... and anyone who looks like they'd like to play. At one point she got the bigger dogs to chase her... no way could they catch her! During the boring times of day (when the other dogs are sleeping)... she's burying their bones in mole hills!
We didn't do much today. It seems SIL needed a break from the emotions of going through stuff... Did get my exercise done... not much else.
Hope everyone has a joy-filled thanks-giving!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #1396
Big Yapper!

Molly sounds like a real TRIP! I'd love to see her playing with all those dogs (and goats?) and stealthily burying their bones while they sleep. What a cutie!

It is so hard to go through things after someone you love so much has passed. It took me ages when my husband died. Even small things that he used all the time were nearly impossible to let go of. I think the worst of it was his family swept through the whole house (doing me favors and keeping themselves busy in the wake of loss) and they washed all the blankets and clothes and things that had his scent still in them.

Some things just can't be rushed. When you think about it, what's the real hurry all about? If SIL lives in the area and can come back to the house and work on it at a pace that better suits her, that might be what's best for her.

What's the situation? Was MIL living with someone else in their home or was she living in her own home which is now going to be up for sale or something?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #1397
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm glad you'll be in the US with family for thanksgiving! It'll be a nice time to reflect on all those happy memories. I under we taking a break, when we sorted through my dad's stuff it was really rough on me. Give it time, enjoy the peaceful times too. and at Molly wearing everyone out . Cute!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #1398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Thanks - giving day to you all
Old 11-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #1399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We spent hours going through old pictures, laughing & telling stories.
Friends came early & cooked the entire dinner. Gourmet cooks... nothing 'edible' for me... which was fine, I had my pre-cooked lunch & dinner.
Bad thing happened... my iphone fell into water. I have it in a bag of rice, but don't have much faith that its gonna work.
I've been looking to buy a tablet, but now I'll probably have to find a phone instead. Would like an android, but would also like to get my info off of the old iphone...
We'll be heading north for Hope tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #1400
Big Yapper!

Oh no! I'm sorry that your phone is toast. I can't believe how unwavering you are on your diet. If I were you, I'd have made an exception and enjoyed the food prepared for me on this special occasion. I respect your resolve, I just can't join you in living my life that way. It's just not that important to me to walk a line that thin.

I hope the rice works and you can at least get the information off the phone before it croaks all the way. I do not like my touchscreen android phone and miss (even after all this time) my Blackberry. I don't know if an android would be the right fit for you, living in a remote area like you live. Can you watch videos and stuff on the phone without being charged the fees you get charged watching them on your computer? That would be interesting to find out.

It's wonderful that you are having such special times together, going over the photos and telling stories that will live on and on. God bless each of you. And may you have a safe journey back home.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #1401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
I hope it does recover.... need more research. Androids work fine. Same deal, you pay for your data... Only way to have unlimited data is to move to town. I know its hard to fathom...
Totally agree, its not the line for most to walk... But I really can't afford to make my body sick. I was looking forward to the turkey, but they 'brined' it. Everything had things added that I have food intolerance to. Its interesting being the only one to not be moaning & groaning from the pain of eating too much...
Yesterday we went to a Mexican restaurant. (friends treated us)... I actually at a corn chip & few crumbs of cheese... I ordered a chicken fajita salad.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #1402
Big Yapper!

Well, that does indeed suck. But WTG on being so strong and being the only one who felt comfortably full.

So you're heading back to Hope soon, aren't you? Keep us posted on your progress home, please. Safe trip and many blessings.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #1403
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad everything is going ok ! On my phone
Old 11-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #1404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi !
We're on our way home now.
Bought a tablet yesterday. Fun figuring it out.
Samsung - Android
Going to see about a new phone today, will only drive 3/4 of the way home
Hope you're all doing well.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #1405
Big Yapper!

Happy shopping and driving back home! I love when I can afford to buy new things like those. Technology just keeps moving along so fast, it costs a fortune to try and keep up. I wish they'd slow down and save some "new and improved stuff" for a couple years from now. We'd be fine and content with what we already have if they weren't always dangling a new and better carrot in front of our faces.

Have a great day, Debby.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #1406
Blabbermouth!!!

Be safe and enjoy your tablet !

Did they already have the funeral ? Hope you and dh are doing ok ...
Old 11-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #1407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls,
Long day traveling - slushy rain all the way. 2 major accidents, one definitely fatal but we arrived safe & after all the shopping & energy was done...
Will see what's open on Sunday & hope the roads get better before we leave.
Two meals today... Yam fries for breakfast & chicken & broccoli for dinner. I was pretty much starving, scarfed it down.
The funeral will be in California this summer. They're having a small wake in a couple weeks, for the locals (she only lived in Washington for 5 yrs)... California for 60 + yrs. Mr & Mrs - ashes will be put in grave with Grandma.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #1408
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh how terrible that the weather was bad . Glad you made it safely -- terrible wrecks are so horrible :/

I guess you are at your daughters ?

Wow you didn't eat much at all today ? Was it impossible
To stop and eat ? I bet you are exhausted !
Sleep well and hopefully tomorrow is better
Old 11-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #1409
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad to hear that you're both safe after such a terrible day of driving in that mess. I'm saddened to hear of the fatal crash you drove by. Those always break my heart. People need to SLOW DOWN and give way more breaking distance with the car ahead of them. I think if they'd do those two things, they would live longer.

Sorry you had so little to eat. I hope tomorrow the weather will be better for traveling. Glad you will have the memorial service later on. The ashes most definitely can wait.

I hope you have a restful night and a good breakfast tomorrow before getting going again. Please try to. Goodnight, Debby.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh sorry Laura,
We were at DD's last night... left there this morning. Now we're over half way home. 4 hr drive away. So, we'll leave here in the afternoon. Found out the stores I need will open at 12 pm. So hopefully it will go fast. Might just use the 1 800 # for the cell phone & skip that.
Yeah, I wanted to get on the road early, so didn't prepare anything & didn't have any cooked food left. At least I stayed primal.
Poor Molly, doesn't like this motel... narrow hallways & scarey stairs.
Have a good Sunday!