LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #1321
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
morning debby !

Sounds like y'all are wearing Molly out ! That's great .... I bet she enjoys the running in all that snow .

Glad you are able to up your calories some, I have never counted calories. Ever. Might fall over if I saw the total !

Nice relaxing day sounds wonderful . Have a great Sunday !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #1322
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I never count calories either, but then again, I'm far from maintenance!!! I love when you post pics of that little dog Such a cutie! You have snow, I have leaves. Gotta get them up before the snow starts coming down and then I will have a HUGE mess on my hands. Have a great Sunday!
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #1323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning gals!
Changed my avy.... thanks.
I'm 'small' & low metabolism (thanks thyroid), so a few calories makes a big difference. What I'm trying to do is maintain a lower weight at 'higher calories'... if I don't count calories, I end up eating around 1,000 & slowing my metabolism down. Something I have to work on.
While on the 2 week trip I will work hard to keep it up, rather than starve & lose wt & metabolism (which is what I usually do when we travel).
I am very happy this morning, to be making progress in this area.
Have fun with your leaves Greeny!
Laura soak up the faith & rest!!
Cheryl - hard to get any pictures of 'fun' with Molly (& especially with me in it)... I have to be very careful not to run over her. But it will be a 'goal' to get some new pics.

Church & DGKiddo's... plus guy coming to look at/buy ski-do.

Have a good one!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #1324
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hope he buys the snowmobile! I hear ya on getting pics with you and Molly in them. Is DH able to take one of the two of you? Tis the season for fun in the snow. So fun to see a young dog's reaction to their first winter. Cissy's seen 10 of them so far. I hope she gets to see many more before her days are done. She's doing great and I thank God for that.

How long will the meat from your moose last the two of you? Just curious. I'll bet that roast you made the other day was delish! I hope your MIL is comfortable and enjoying her final days with her loved ones. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to see you again.

Sorry. This post is all over the place. Good pic of Molly! Have a blessed Sunday.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #1325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
He found lots of things wrong with it, said it would be best sold for "parts"
We don't know anything about them, so it was good to have someone who knew about them look at it for us... now we know its only worth half of what we were going to sell it for... that's ok... just got an offer for a little less than that... will probably sell it for that, just to get it off the property. A good reminder, not to take anything on a trade. That's how we ended up with it.

We just got a call from DH's DS. now we have to go sooner... but since we had the DGkiddo's we couldn't talk about it. So, the rush & pressure is back on. Apparently DMIL stopped eating & is getting weak. Nurse didn't like that we were waiting 2 wks. to come.
Please pray she lasts & that I can get everything done that I need to. If I knew for sure that we'd be back by Dec. 1 it would be fine... but DH wants to stay as long as we have to... I'm thinking somebody is gonna have to fly... or it will take me several more days to get ready... a whole new month to do ahead in the books & bills.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #1326
Big Yapper!

Is it the guy who said it was best sold for parts the one who made you the offer to buy it? I hope not. Sounds like if you are in a hurry to sell, you'd better take it, though. I'm sorry you are now faced with pushing up the date to go see your MIL. She took a turn for the worst so quickly! Do you think she has just given up spiritually? I wish they could convince her to hold on and give you all time to get down there to be with her. People have more control over when they pass than most of us realize.

What state is she in, Debby? Several of us have asked you cause we've forgotten. How far of a drive from where you are? I hope you can figure this out and get down there in time. At the rate she's declining, doesn't sound like you'll need to plan on being there very long. Better get down there soon. I'm sorry, Debby.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #1327
Blabbermouth!!!

so sorry to hear that . Hope you all can find a way to get there soon. I know it's stressful ;/

Praying for peace for you all .
Old 11-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #1328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls,
Yeah, she's just lost her appetite & is not eating. She's still quite cheerful & just seems weaker. We'll get there in time...
They live near Vancouver Washington, which is near the Oregon border. It takes 16 hours of driving in perfect conditions... plus border crossing... So if we're lucky, we'll get there in two days.
I may have to fly home, if we stay too long. Don't know... gotta figure things out.
Numbers were a bit better today.
Calories: 1,506; Carbs: 28; Fat: 108; Protein: 93
Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #1329
Big Yapper!

You're going to take something with four tires, right? Please say you're not going to take the motorcycle to Washington. I'm sure you aren't thinking that, but just had to voice it. I mean, if you really had to, you could take turns driving and do the 16 hours in one shot. Can you and he sleep in the car while the other is driving? I hope it doesn't come to that.

What's involved with crossing the border? Never did it so I don't know.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #1330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just came back to answer your question about the snowmobile... the guy was going to think about it before buying it for parts... but we didn't hear back from him, so he must of decided against it... now I have 2 other guys coming to see it... hope its gone tomorrow!

Yea, we'll take the van... & Molly Will try to drive 12 hrs to DD's the first day, but I have my doubts about that. It gets dark so early & I know we'll be falling to sleep... unless we leave by 5 or 6 am... Not thinking it will work... will have to stay with her on way back.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #1331
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I wasn't thinking about how little daylight we have this time of year. Better plan on doing it over two days. Well, if the guy who said the snowmobile was a parts vehicle didn't actually purchase it, maybe it really is only good for parts. I was afraid he might be trying to take advantage of you. Maybe the next "shoppers" won't be as knowledgeable and will think it's worth more.

It's after midnight here so I'm going to say goodnight. I hope you can iron out the wrinkles in all the details before you so you can get down to Vancouver in time.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #1332
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm so sorry! that's a long drive, and a sad reason to go. Hope all goes well with the trip. We often leave really early for long drives (that's what we'll do in Dec for CA trip). I'm a morning person anyway and usually don't sleep well anyways before a trip. Hang in there!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #1333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks,
It was a good day. We both stayed home & got half-packed... did some ordering, sold the snow-machine... Got a substitute to come do the deposits/data entries for me... although she destroyed her instructions... hope that doesn't cause too much extra work for me.
I'm calming down, the list is getting shorter & breathing easier...
I've been teaching Molly to dance on her back feet... she's getting stronger every day now, does it for me whenever I try to show her off... now I know its 'nothing' to a poodle, but it is pretty cool to see a bigger dog do it... can do a full 160 now. Seems to enjoy the new challenges too.
We saw the feral cat that has moved in with our cat - under the shop... he was hunting the field for mice. So I started calling around, to all the neighbors (some I've never met)... cool to chat with them... we never see our neighbors. Anyway, apparently this cat has been around for a year. So I guess I need to figure out where I can leave some food out for him. Our cat hasn't invited him in yet! (we have a cat-door into the hot-tub room, where he can eat & sleep).
We told everyone that the snow-machine had problems. Could of sold it for more, but didn't want to take more than what it was worth. They got a good deal. And it will be out of my yard tomorrow night!
Calories: 1468 Carbs: 34 Fat: 99 Protein: 100
Old 11-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #1334
Big Yapper!

You have neighbors you've never met until now? That amazes me! Molly has some competition in the mouse-hunting department now. I'm really glad you sold the snow machine and have done so with a clear conscience. I hope the lady who destroyed your instructions (your stand-in at work) will remember the things you taught her so she doesn't wreck havoc for you upon your return.

I wonder if the stray cat will discover the cat door and make friends with your cat. If it hasn't happened in a year, it might never happen. Poor thing! How does it survive those northern winters?

I'm glad you are beginning to relax with all the stuff regarding the trip and leaving work ahead of you. Cool that you're teaching Molly to dance. Those Border Collies just crave knowledge and a new challenge, don't they? Poodles need that, too. Smart dogs are the bomb.

I have to go and eat something. It's late but it is actually "breakfast." Sleep well, Deb. Keep us posted on your whereabouts.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #1335
Big Yapper!!!!

It does feel good to check things off the list!, you'll get it all done. Just relax (as much as you can) and take it 1 step st a time. cute about Molly's tricks. I should work more with our puppy.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #1336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
You have neighbors you've never met until now? That amazes me! Molly has some competition in the mouse-hunting department now. I'm really glad you sold the snow machine and have done so with a clear conscience. I hope the lady who destroyed your instructions (your stand-in at work) will remember the things you taught her so she doesn't wreck havoc for you upon your return.
I wonder if the stray cat will discover the cat door and make friends with your cat. If it hasn't happened in a year, it might never happen. Poor thing! How does it survive those northern winters?
I'm glad you are beginning to relax with all the stuff regarding the trip and leaving work ahead of you. Cool that you're teaching Molly to dance. Those Border Collies just crave knowledge and a new challenge, don't they? Poodles need that, too. Smart dogs are the bomb.
I have to go and eat something. It's late but it is actually "breakfast." Sleep well, Deb. Keep us posted on your whereabouts.
These neighbors are all over a mile away, up the road, where I never go... and they don't come by our section of the road either... just one & we did meet because she walks her dog.
My helper showed up late (good!) & I found the instructions I'd made out... she went through & did fine. Should be good.
I took pics today, through the windshield, of Molly running ahead, but they didn't look like much... she was too small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
It does feel good to check things off the list!, you'll get it all done. Just relax (as much as you can) and take it 1 step st a time. cute about Molly's tricks. I should work more with our puppy.
Crossed a few things off my list today, but added several more. Tomorrow may be a really long day.
I went to the Dr today, my TSH was a good level, so he gave me my prescript & I get to go 3 months now.
Now to see how y'all are doing!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #1337
Big Yapper!

The dang list is on-going, isn't it!? I hate lists sometimes, though I'm a big list maker. So glad your helper found the thing you thought she lost. Wish the pics came out better of Molly but pics can be that way. I took some of the sunset tonight at the farm. I'm going to see if any of them "translate" right after I finish this post. Will share on my journal if they do.

HUGS! WTG on the TSH behaving. At least one of us is optimized at the moment! I have no idea if the last change in thyroid meds is working for me. With the change in season, I can't tell if I'm sweating less. Don't feel any more energetic or notice any increase in stamina, so I will just have to see how the next lab results say I'm doing.

Sleep tight, Deb. Hug Molly for me!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #1338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess that wasn't clear... I had a copy of the instructions that I printed off for her... she destroyed her copy with all her hand-written notes on it. I knew I'd have a copy of what I'd made up. She was relieved to have it ... a safety net... though she did the job 6 times while I was gone, so she really does know most of it.

I never did feel good on synthetic. Hope you can find relief.

Oh, gonna go see your pics
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #1339
Big Yapper!

You probably made it clear enough, I probably just didn't recall the details enough to make it all click in my head. In any case, I'm glad she's somewhat on the ball and ready to take over for you in your absence.

I've never been on anything other than Synthroid and now Levo, and then Cytomel (the generic version, though.) In my very ignorant and "hiding my head in the hole, thinking nobody can see me" phase of life after my husband died and I was on the travel nursing road, I didn't even bother to see a Dr to keep my meds up. I learned how to phone in refills and when that didn't work anymore, I just decided I wasn't going to go see a Dr that I'd only be seeing once in my life before moving to the next state and next nursing assignment. So I told myself I was fine without anything. What a fool.

There's no telling what damage I did to myself during that year or two. But that was then and this is now and NOW is all we have control over. Now is good.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #1340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, well, when you're grieving its hard to face all these obstacles. During difficult times in my life, I found it very hard just to go through the motions of normal things. Certainly didn't do any 'appointments.' one foot in front of the other... I'm very thankful that I was coming out of the fog when I found out about the thyroid-adrenal thing... and able to research & find the answers to get proper treatment. I think many people do just trust their Dr & take the meds... at least that's what I've seen. I certainly hope that it is doing a good job for you.
My Dr today was one that was skeptical of the natural thyroid. He asked me how I was doing with the salt... but didn't suggest a test. I told him I'm trying, but really hate swelling up. He agreed.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #1341
Big Yapper!

I always find it so surprising when you talk about salt and how you find it difficult to incorporate it into your diet. I am a salt lover. I've never been one to be deficient in it or anything else, for that matter, but I do love to salt and pepper things.

I guess what I'm tired of is "not" trusting my Dr. Since joining this board, I've had so many things implanted in my brain to the point where I don't trust my Dr or any medical professional. I think it's this or it's that and I run after tests that I pay out of my own pocket, and I try this new thing or that new thing.

Granted, I am in a "lull" from trying all things "good for me" at the present time, but I think it's because I simply burned-out. I was pretty convinced that I had to have adrenal fatigue and paid out-of-pocket for the spit test. It came back negative or "inconclusive." If anyone's adrenals should have been tanked from stress and years of going unchecked, it should have been mine. When that came back normal, I started to lose faith in what I was reading about on this and other boards.

There are a great many well-meaning people who self-educate and then pass on that information for others, but I'm not so sure they have the knowledge to really be passing on. I figure if it works for you, be grateful and happy and stick with the plan. But be careful when passing on the information to others. One size doesn't fit all.

I'm sorry you're in the process of grieving. I knew your MIL was in the last stages but I didn't realize it was something that was affecting you so deeply. I am sorry that you are going through this and I hope and pray that you all can get through this with grace and the least amount of pain and sorrow.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #1342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're right Cheryl, I agree. I try not to put too much 'mistrust' out there... probably need be more careful. I do know each person is different. I have friends that are on synthroid & it is right for them. Sorry for your frustration. I hope I didn't cause that rabbit trail for you!

I'm not grieving now. Before I got adrenal stress I had a very rough 2 yrs, which I believe caused it.

Its strange, when we've lost parents, and this time is the same, we've kind of gone 'numb.' Its taken me a couple of years after each one to really feel the loss. I'm having a hard time believing that she's that sick... I know in my head, but don't believe it.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #1343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
It will be better when you get to her, and you get to see her. You can relate to it better then. I feel the same way. It's always hard to believe things are as bad as you are told until you see it for yourself. If nothing else, I am sure seeing you and your hubby will lighten her spirit

Your puppy is just adorable. Such a little cutie pie!!!

I hope all goes smoothly for your departure.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #1344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Greeny!
I'm glad its not just me... DMIL was real happy tonight, DH's best friend was there, reminiscing with her.
Thanks, Molly sure is a cutie pie... still wants to be miss - "maul-y" when she meets people though! We're getting there, but its totally against her will!
I hope it goes smoothly too... think I'll need xtra meds tomorrow to keep me calm...
Old 11-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #1345
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad choice got a good dr who listens to you!! That's a big battle in itself!

I'm probably guilty of sharing my unorthodox medical practices . I've done the "mainstream, FDA recommendations" for years, and was fat, sick and exhausted. Enter Atkins, bucking the system, self medicating my own thyroid, hhcg to drop some more weight, and now working on my metabolism for long term health. I'm a rebel . But, finally a healthy one!!

I think we do need to be careful when sharing what's working for US, but hopefully all who read our posts understand that it's what's working for US. We each need to find our own way. But, by sharing, it sparks ideas in each of our journeys. I've learned a lot from you .

Hope the trip goes well. It'll be bittersweet I'm sure, . Don't worry about work, or things at home. Be in the moment.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #1346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Julie... kind of hard to leave 300 people in the lurch...yeah, they'll work 'something' out... but its hard when they can't pay people, etc... OK... I'm gonna try to 'think' of everything...
Hope I have a clear mind today...
Old 11-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #1347
Big Yapper!

"Maul-y" You're doing so well with her training. Be proud.

You were referring to me grieving after losing my husband and I didn't catch that and thought you meant "you." I'm having trouble staying on the same page with everyone lately.

I used to take notes back in the early days on LCF. I took great care with my "personals," as they were called back then. I literally had no life! LCF was IT! And what a blessing it was to find this board.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #1348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Could very well have been me...
I'm having difficulty with facebook are any of you? Can't get it to load!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #1349
Big Yapper!

No facebook problems with me. If you are using internet explorer and having trouble, try firefox and see if it still gives you the same issues. Could be IE.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #1350
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you can everything done that you feel you need to before you leave. You are very dedicated..... they are very fortunate to have you !

Internet is working here ...

Have a good night and hope tomorrow goes well , without added stress.

ttyl !