LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #1291
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hey ! Slow quiet day on the board today. ;(

Did the wings mess you up at all ? I hope not.

Dogs are so fun to watch when they "jump" in the snow . How much is on the ground ?

have a good night Debby ! Back to work tomorrow for us..... nights
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #1292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Not too much snow on the ground yet. But it will probably pile up overnight. She hasn't experienced that yet... another new thing coming up...

4 days on night shift together... that should be nice for you two. Do you both work in the same ER, like together? Or is it huge? I'm just picturing our small ER... Would be fun to work with your DH there.

Actually, the wings did me no harm... a little water retention... 1/4 lb. Totally fine. I'm still having regularity issues though, so looking for solutions. I bought some senna tea, maybe that will do. They say on the Primal site that fiber causes issues?! I'm afraid to drop the little bit of fiber that I do eat... but they also say to eat sweet potatoes & fruit... which I'm afraid of for the carbs... lots of them are saying the 'fat' is the key, but I can't figure if I should be adding more or not... already eating lots. I just may have to start adding more! I like the idea of primal/paleo but might have to add my oat bran & do my own thing again.

Yes, boards are quiet... what's up with people getting a life!?
Good night!
Old 11-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #1293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Ha ha, well I was definitely out of commission for a while. I took a few days off last week so I could celebrate Halloween with the kids, have senior friday night with Andrew, and go to the theater with the girls. In turn, I have worked 12 hour shifts the last two days...if you want to play, you still have to pay!

I have been having potty issues too Maybe I will increase my green leafy veggies? There are so MANY different opinions on these boards that sometimes you just have to do what you KNOW is right. Increasing fat just made me lose faster, not necessarily regulating me. It is thanksgiving time, you could always make something sweet potato or pumpkin

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #1294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning winter wonderland.

Molly checking it out...
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #1295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Greeny,
Nice to know I'm not alone, though I'm sorry you have the same problem. Good advice too.
Hope you don't suffer too badly from your 'days off' your plan... long as you can get back on! I've had that, & then couldn't make myself behave afterwards...
Don't work too hard!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #1296
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I'm sorry I've been gone for a day or two from your thread. I LOVE the pics and your description of Molly as she experienced her first snow. I can't get over how beautiful it is where you live. Just the kind of place I'd choose if I were in the position to move one more time in my life.

You'll figure something out for the bathroom issues. Some raw veggies should do the trick. Have you tried some celery or raw broccoli or something like that?

Have a great day in your winter wonderland.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #1297
Blabbermouth!!!

morning all !

Debby maybe the chia seeds in almond milk will work ? They do for me most of the time !

How dare these people on here ? They get busy living their lives and don't check in ? lol !

LOve the pics ! Wonderful ..... 81 today and drizzling again... they say even warmer tomorrow and rain.... then a cool front !

HI GG and cheryl !
Old 11-05-2013, 09:45 AM   #1298
Blabbermouth!!!

so sorry, forgot to answer. Yes, we work in same ER. It's pretty small - 3 nurses/ 1 Dr ~~ and these 4 nights we will work the whole shift together instead of just from 7p-12 which is when I usually get off.

Riding together will save money for gas for sure. 40 miles each way !
Old 11-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #1299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks friends,
The tea helped. I'm going to do what they said & drop the flax seeds, see how that goes. Also added raw celery & carrots; I haven't felt like eating raw veggies for a while... raw goitergens would kill me. Thanks for all the suggestions... will get this thing figured out. Oh, and I put a TBS of coconut oil in my dinner tonight... Figured I could half my veggies I usually eat & I was right, it was plenty with all that oil.
That's cool Laura, sounds like your ER is the same size as ours
We have a meeting tonight. Gonna miss commenting on all your blogs... though I have been reading them!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:29 PM   #1300
Big Yapper!

It's quite the juggling act to keep up the rounds on all our journals, isn't it? Sometimes I think we should all just converge into one giant journal and stop all this running back and forth.

Sleep tight, ladies. Did the snow stick, Deb? Is there more snow in the forecast? Are you getting jazzed about skiing? More new things for Molly to get introduced to. Isn't life exciting? Night.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #1301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah yes, but its a good place to journal... more freedom for boring details...
Yep, snow forecast for the next 3 days... I need to buy new X-country ski's... It will definitely be more fun then walking though!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #1302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wah!!! Just watched Biggest Loser... so sad to see Ruben go
I sure hope he can keep losing at home!!!

Well, I went to the dentist & got a filling... fat lip still... Getting ready for company. We have our Bible Study tonight. My oh my, meetings cut into my net time!

I upped my 'fat' big time today & stopped the flax seeds... we'll see. The tea effects are still helping. Hoping the fat takes effect so I don't need the tea. My calories will be close to 1500 (breath in - breath out).

I went for my blood test today. New nurse... she practically drooled over my bulging veins. I told her they're not that way when I'm overweight & she couldn't believe that I've ever been heavy... sure is nice to hear those things... (she also was very good at taking the blood... won't be a bruise from this one)!

Hope you have a great evening!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #1303
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
The snow is beautiful!! It's 80 here again today . Lovely though!! You're doing a great job in maintenance, and all the adjustments you make are wise. Listen to your body, what works for one doesn't always work for everyone .

I was sad too, love Ruben! I bet they'll bring him back as he was good for business-a lot of people want to watch him, and that show is so commercial now!!

at the journals... I keep in touch and enjoy having some posts to read when I get back around to it, it's a nice way to stay connected .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #1304
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Wah!!! Just watched Biggest Loser... so sad to see Ruben go
I sure hope he can keep losing at home!!!

Well, I went to the dentist & got a filling... fat lip still... Getting ready for company. We have our Bible Study tonight. My oh my, meetings cut into my net time!

I upped my 'fat' big time today & stopped the flax seeds... we'll see. The tea effects are still helping. Hoping the fat takes effect so I don't need the tea. My calories will be close to 1500 (breath in - breath out).

I went for my blood test today. New nurse... she practically drooled over my bulging veins. I told her they're not that way when I'm overweight & she couldn't believe that I've ever been heavy... sure is nice to hear those things... (she also was very good at taking the blood... won't be a bruise from this one)!

Hope you have a great evening!
Loved this post for multiple reasons. It's wonderful that you look like you've never had a weight problem. People must really watch you as you go by and think how lucky you are to have been born with good genes.

Have a lovely day. Still lots of snow outside?
Old 11-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #1305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there,
Well, things are going really well. The coconut oil seems to be doing its job on the belly-wt. as they say it does... I'm discovering that without the carbs I actually can eat all that fat... Still not too sure regularity is going to happen naturally, but will keep going with this till I know for sure. Don't want to become dependent on the senna tea.
Thanks Cheryl. I doubt people think about it... compliments have been few & far between... That's why I get so happy when they do come! It appears, that people 'didn't notice' that I was heavy! I learned years ago, that my self-consciousness was totally a waste of energy... thinking people were thinking this... or that... about me... They didn't even notice me! On the most part, anyway... there are the odd people who walk around judging every person they see... that's their own problem.
Anyway, today... I braved the extra 200 calories... we'll see how it goes!

1526-Cals; 22-carbs; 115-fat; 88-protein
Old 11-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #1306
Big Yapper!

I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #1307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, wt. is surviving the increase... but still waiting for things to regulate better...
Looks like we'll be traveling down to spend time with MIL around the 20th. Its a relief to have a date. I've put things on hold for weeks & held off on ordering things... We'll play it by ear, but probably stay 8 days, with 4 days to travel back & forth.
Its snowing out... of course! That's another thing I've got to look for... those x-country ski's.
TTYL
Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #1308
Big Yapper!

It's good to have a date. So you'll be here to celebrate our Thanksgiving! That will be nice. Sad circumstances but still, you can be together one last time and share all the love and thankfulness you have with your dear MIL. It will mean the world to her.

Have a great day, Debby.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #1309
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm glad you have a date. It's a hard thing to look forward to, but I'm a planner and appreciate the "knowing" part. Hope the snow doesn't make the travel harder.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #1310
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks
Can't believe how social we've been this week... we're going to friends for dinner tonight... potluck... which is good, since I can take my moose roast.
Got caught up on 'books' today. Am dying my hair (need to wash it out now). Just finished elliptical... ran Molly twice, will do once more before dark... soon!
Hope you have a good evening!
Old 11-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #1311
Big Yapper!

wow! full day. hope you're having fun in the process! have a great night.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #1312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My day was not near as 'full' as yours!!
Dinner party was 5 couples... conversation at times was boring, and other times entertainingly funny... so funny how unstructured visiting can wander all over the place with so many different backgrounds... the moose roast was a hit. I was able to eat moose, chicken & cooked carrots.
My cell phone started ringing & I didn't recognize it because I don't use it for phone calls much. I changed the ring on it a month or so ago & its was like a little wind chime.... anyway have someone trying to arrange seeing the snow-mobile to buy...
Have a good sleep y'all!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #1313
Big Yapper!

Cool! I hope they buy it, Debby. I'm glad you had a fun (mostly) and interesting dinner party. Glad the moose roast was appreciated and funny that you didn't recognize your own cell phone ringer. Have a great day.

What am I doing? Going back into work. I'm off tomorrow and then I can start going back to my regular weekly routine. The past two weekends have been FULL, working both Fridays and Saturdays, and Sunday last week, (followed by Monday and Tuesday...) OY.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #1314
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi !
Off now...

It's so hard for me to believe that your compliments are few and far between. You look great ! Sometimes the people who see you daily don't realize how different you look with the weight loss ? maybe ? Who knows, but you definitely look healthy and thin.

Dinner party sounds like a hit . Good times and relaxing is nice. We very rarely get together with people.. hope that changes soon.

Off to Houston on very little sleep, but the preaching will lift our spirits and renew us !

prayers for DMIL -- glad you got a date, hope the weather is safe to travel. What state is she in ?

ttyl !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
Old 11-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #1315
Big Yapper!

Have a great time, Laura. Be safe and be blessed.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #1316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
What am I doing? Going back into work. I'm off tomorrow and then I can start going back to my regular weekly routine. The past two weekends have been FULL, working both Fridays and Saturdays, and Sunday last week, (followed by Monday and Tuesday...) OY.
Whew! Glad your normal schedule changes again. It did seem like you were working more than usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Hi !
Off now...
It's so hard for me to believe that your compliments are few and far between. You look great ! Sometimes the people who see you daily don't realize how different you look with the weight loss ? maybe ? Who knows, but you definitely look healthy and thin.
Off to Houston on very little sleep, but the preaching will lift our spirits and renew us !
prayers for DMIL -- glad you got a date, hope the weather is safe to travel. What state is she in ? ttyl !
How exciting! The maiden voyage of the new 5th wheel! AND getting your faith built up... whoo hoo!!
Nice, relaxing day... snowy day & nice warm house. Did some online shopping & researched my x country ski's learned lots.
DH ran Molly with the quad so long that she didn't try to herd him when they came into the home-stretch (usually does that... ). She's a happy camper.
I'm getting braver with the CO. Going to add some pumpkin tonight, since I don't have sweet potato. Its not quite as high-carb...
Old 11-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #1317
Big Yapper!

I and the mini's got herded by Ellen the goat today! I think it was more like she was hustling to keep up with us as we were turning the mini's back into their area. She wanted to go in there too. Sure seemed like she was impersonating a Border Collie though.

I'm excited for Laura and her DH to be on that great trip with their new RV and going to see that preacher that they enjoy hearing. Great way to kick off their new RV'ing lifestyle. If she calls that "camping", I'll have to fall on the floor in laughter, though. Ain't no "roughing it" going on there.

You paint such a pretty picture of winter but I'm still thankful it hasn't arrived here yet. It's not going to be too much longer, though. I wish I knew when, how bad, how much, how often, yada yada. I guess not knowing is what keeps us hoping.

Have a great night. I'm getting ready for bed. So glad to have tomorrow off. AND to be back to my normal routine of work and days off.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #1318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's funny! Ellen the wanna be Border Collie...

Yep, pretty deluxe digs for Laura!

Have a good night's sleep!

Wow, I really did it on upping the calories today! 1700!! Whoa!! Will nervously look forward to the results...

Good night!
Old 11-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #1319
Big Yapper!

Oh honey, you got this maintaining thing in the bag. I wouldn't bother weighing more than once or twice a week. Aren't you confidant enough by now to rest a bit and trust that you got this?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #1320
Big Yapper!

And forgive me for saying so and not to be critical, but your Avi is looking more and more like a mug shot. Give us a new one where you're rolling around in the snow with Molly or something.