Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #1261
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sorry about your MIL! I'll be praying. Funny little doggie! I took my little guy for a walk today and dd rode her bike while he ran along beside her, much shorter distance and he did well . He's much calmer now. I need to do that more often, makes a much happier household!!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #1262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks We just talked with Betty (MIL). She's in quite good spirits. For some reason the folks like being waited on & the sweet nurses...
Anyway, if they can't make the tumor stop bleeding (will try on Thursday), they will send her home, to pass away with family. She won't risk being put under, so has to be done with a local... sounds like she may very well get to go home without months of agony... that doesn't sound too bad, compared with how the rest of our parents went... we will have to decide a different date to go down & help, depending on what happens on Thursday (surgery or not).

Dave & I just finished bagging the hamburger. It went really well. Talked with Betty on speaker-phone through half of it... & then caught up on each other's day...

BBQ'd burgers for dinner... delicious!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #1263
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
She won't consent to anesthesia or they don't want to put her under general anesthesia? Poor, sweet old lady. That cancer must be pretty advanced if the tumor is hemorrhaging. Dang it.

Enjoy your burgers, Deb. Wish I could taste one.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #1264
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

They told her the risk of stroke was higher.

Yeah, long ways... for a burger!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #1265
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
How's DMIL ?? Praying for her .....

Throw me a burger too !!!!
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #1266
Big Yapper!

Make me one, too.

I'm really surprised they advised her against the surgery to stop the bleeding. She's on her way out, as they keep telling her. The bleeding might take her life quicker than a stroke. I hate healthcare.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #1267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Betty (MIL) opted to skip the surgery & just go home to die. They may be able to stop the bleeding, but right now its not showing up, so SIL thinks she's hoping it stopped. We are on stand-by to see when they need us. She will need 24 hr care. SIL thinks once Betty sees that things aren't good she will opt back in for the surgery. That remains to be seen.

Cheryl, I think a lot of the decisions are being made by Betty, they are just giving the options, plus of course the risks... She really doesn't want to have a stroke.
I'm going to have to 'boogie' to get things in order at work, so it won't be a hardship if I have to leave suddenly.

Its getting so cold here. Snow expected soon (wouldn't be surprised if its all white tomorrow morning)! Raining hard this afternoon/evening... I had to run Molly on wet, muddy driveway & ended up giving her a bath... she hates that... She smells & looks nice now. Sure hope I don't have to do this every day.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #1268
Big Yapper!!!!

So sorry Debby!! I hope she is at peace and out of pain.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #1269
Big Yapper!

Well, I'm glad to hear that she's the one making the decisions. I can understand she doesn't want to experience a stroke in addition to ending her days soon after. She's 90 years old and I hope she's been satisfied with her life and the days and years she has spent on this earth with the people she loves and hopefully in the part of the country that she loves.

Good idea to get things ready at work so you can leave at a moments notice and get down there if need be. Where did you say she lives again? How long of a drive?

All dogs hate baths but isn't it fun to watch them race around after they get out of the tub? Rubbing on everything in sight! I'm glad Cissy got bathed and groomed this month. Her hair is uber short and she still smells nice cause she hasn't gone swimming and hasn't rolled in anything nasty yet. I hope she finds nothing to roll in for a very long time.

Have a good day and God bless your MIL.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #1270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The Dr told Betty 1 month to live. It doesn't seem possible to either of us, she's a strong woman. I need to start making lists & getting things ready to leave. Was going to try to do most of my work do-aheads today, then got piled up with extra 'inserts' to create... wasted my brain cells. Could only work half hour past normal.

Came home & slept one of those really deep sleeps that is so hard to wake up from... dragging my feet, but did my exercise & all my chores. Unless we hear more of a panic from SIL will wait to go in to work on Monday (instead of tomorrow), sure need to rest & get things ready at home.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #1271
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
The Dr told Betty 1 month to live. It doesn't seem possible to either of us, she's a strong woman. I need to start making lists & getting things ready to leave. Was going to try to do most of my work do-aheads today, then got piled up with extra 'inserts' to create... wasted my brain cells. Could only work half hour past normal.

Came home & slept one of those really deep sleeps that is so hard to wake up from... dragging my feet, but did my exercise & all my chores. Unless we hear more of a panic from SIL will wait to go in to work on Monday (instead of tomorrow), sure need to rest & get things ready at home.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #1272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We're still not sure when we'll be leaving... I'm hitting a wall with getting ready... Just feel tired.

I cooked a turkey, cabbage, mushrooms & spaghetti squash... Still have to package the turkey up. Caught up some book-work. Did some list-making & research (for internet connection), etc... not a total loss.

Reluctantly did my elliptical & took Molly for a walk. My muscles are feeling sluggish. Weird.

Hope Y'all are well.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1273
Big Yapper!

You're just drained, Debby. You know what is in store and your body and spirit is already feeling the drain. It seems everyone I know needs prayer right now but I will try to remember to pray for you and your family as you go through these last days with your dear MIL. Keep us posted on things please, even from the road once you've left to go down there.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #1274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl, I guess you're right. I was afraid depression had fallen... its one of those thyroid things & effects everything... whether for emotional reasons or physical... the fatigue in the muscles on top of lethargy... one feeds the other... I did get quite a bit accomplished for feeling the way I did... I just keep pushing past it.
Sorry so many of your friends are needing prayer. and for your Mr Bugs.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #1275
Blabbermouth!!!

yes, I agree with Cheryl, the stress is making you sluggish. So sad...... Will continue to pray for you all.

Be safe as you travel !
Old 11-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #1276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there,
Well, you're both right. Stress is what zapped my energy, but it was effecting my adrenals. A few adrenalin rushes & that's what happens to my body. Plus brain, so it takes me a while to remember the cure! Just upping my isocort fixes the ill-effects of the adrenalin rushes. (note to self: try to remember next time).

It was really cold here this morning... rushed around building fires this morning. (slept in so late the downstairs fire burned out). Brrr... I was feeling really lethargic too, so wasn't too happy about having to do it... Also made some real coffee... (I usually drink very weak-instant).

So I was able to get the house cleaned & turkey carved & froze, along with multiple other week-end chores... We have Bible Study here Wednesday, so it was important to get the floors & dusting done. Whew!

Talked with SIL & Betty... we don't have to rush off right away (whew)! So we have a bit of time to get ready, that's such a relief to me... hard to do-ahead my work on short notice. I don't have anyone trained to do my job either. Anyway, it should work out.

Dave changed all the tires over to our winter tires (studded-snow). Its supposed to start snowing Tuesday. This is one of the first years we made it passed Halloween without snow on our roads... (course its on the mountain).

Enjoying the direction of the time-change... I changed all the clocks this morning & we went with it... much better, only its dark SO early!

Have a good evening!
Old 11-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #1277
Big Yapper!

Oh, crud! I knew we had to change the clocks tonight but it slipped my mind until you said that. Will go do it now. Glad you don't have to race off to see MIL. Also glad you have time to prepare for the snow. May it take its sweet time in coming down the mountain.

Weak instant coffee? I brew a pot at a time but use half and half and ez sweetz in it. Yummy. And I put cinnamon and sometimes nutmeg in the coffee grounds before I brew the pot. If I have things like pumpkin pie seasoning or something like that, I'll use that in the grounds instead.

Glad you can take more isocort when feeling drained. Going to have to try that sometime soon. It's on my list!

Night, Deb. Keep those home fires burning.

Last edited by CherylB; 11-02-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #1278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, weak coffee.... not really supposed to drink any coffee... but I refuse to quit.
Glad I helped you with the time... its so easy to forget to do!
Yep, those studded tires will come in real handy. Its been frosting pretty heavy the last few days... and I always 'push it' for getting out the door on time to get to work... forget to go slow on the corners.
Good night, sleep well.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #1279
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, you did get a lot done today ! wow ! You have to keep wood stoves going or what ? Do you have central heat ?

So good you don't have to rush and get down there now. That will help so much so you can get ready.

Ugh.... I don't like the time change. I wish they would just leave it ! I like it to get dark at 8 or so...... We like to bbq outside , sometimes late.

Sleep well ladies !
Old 11-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #1280
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know how you drink weak instant coffee. Mine has to be fresh or I pour it out and make more ! lol !

Adding the spices before you brew Cheryl ? How clever !
Old 11-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #1281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, the good heaters can go 8-10 hours if stoked... filled up full & turned down on low. No, we don't have a furnace... just the heater (Blaze King), heat drifts up the open stairway.
Yep, and since I switched to Almond milk & Truvia I drink it even weaker & not as much... so that's good for me... but today I wanted to 'get going'
Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #1282
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Hope all is well with you. I don't drink coffee normally at all, but find it as a sort of "treat" now. I definitely add sweetener and hwc, or almond milk. I need mine weak! I can even drink decaf, and don't really notice a difference. But, then again, I don't really use it to pep me up, just as a snack of some sort.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #1283
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I learned how to add the spices to the coffee grounds before brewing when I had to stop using the flavored creamers I had become addicted to, and then I grew somewhat of an intolerance to the de vinci syrups. They make me queasy now (And I still have a bunch of them). So I get that extra flavor in the brewing process and then add the cream and sweetener.

Heavy frost is a definite sign that things are about to hit the fan. It was 60 yesterday and only 44 right now. I like that you heat with wood. I wish I had a woodstove in this place. It would be so "cool." But if I were you, I'd want some floor vents in the upstairs to let the heat drift up those and not just the stairwell.

Laura, I don't like the time change, either. I hate that it will be dark an hour earlier today and everyday from now until we change them back again. I think I might have to start coming to work around 2:30 in order to get all the work done and horses put to bed, groomed and fed by 5:30 or so.

GG. don't want to leave you out of the convo.

Have a great day, ladies. Will be back after work.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #1284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi

Oh Greeny, you're not addicted to caffeine! Good for you!

Yes Cheryl, we do have one vent, to my office, but the way the basement is built, the heat has nowhere else to go, but up... through the 10 ft x 4 ft hole... works great. The feeling of wood heat is quite nice... but the dust is a bummer. Our stove is also a super-efficient burner, so you can't even see any smoke... better for the air.

That mental fog that comes makes it really hard for me to think. Next time I tell you about that exhausted feeling, please tell me to up my adrenal meds! For some reason I get stuck in the funk... I'm feeling terrific this morning!

SIL will let us know when to come. So we won't leave till next week at the earliest. Betty sounds quite cheerful.

Yep, loved waking up 'early'... but it sure does get dark early... and will get shorter on both ends of our day over the next month or two...

Have a great Sunday!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #1285
Big Yapper!

I agree. Heating with wood is nice. Glad that it's efficient and the smoke goes out the way it should. Do you put one of those cast iron pots filled with water on the stove to add moisture to the air? Otherwise it must get quite dry. My mom gets sinus problems in the low humidity months.

We will try to remember to remind you to up the isocort next time, but something tells me you will remember all on your own. Glad you're feeling great today.

We will be having our first hard frost (or first frost period) tonight. Lows dropping into the 20's the next three nights. I will be plugging in all the water buckets in the stalls and might even need to put the horse's sheets on. Maybe I should leave home even earlier than I planned to!

Ttyl.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #1286
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad MIL is doing ok .....

Wow ! That's hard to rely on only wood heat .... or at least it seems so to me. We have central heat/air....seldom use heat much here of course. But, our fireplace in living room gets used occas...and warms living room .

Beautiful day here. Low this morning 51 and it's 70 and super sunny and beautiful now. Windows open last few days

Yes, I agree Cheryl, she will prob remember isocort all by herself ! . But, if you don't we will try to help .

Have a super Sunday ladies !

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #1287
Big Yapper!

I'm so happy you can finally open your windows and be comfortable, Laura! Enjoy!!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #1288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks gals! I may need the help again! It's happened a few times before.
Actually, heating-cooling issues are probably a challenge to all of us. I wouldn't want to deal with the air-conditioning issues that you gals have... We do have electric base-boards for back-up, but don't use them much... very handy to have when we leave home in the winter (like we will be soon), to keep the plants alive & pipes from freezing.

Today was such an awesome time at church... got words of encouragement from several different people... that's just such a special gift, hey?! I hope I do that for others more & more! Its just so strengthening. Also the extra hour of sleep just put everyone in such good spirits... Wonderful time.

We took kiddo's & DS out for lunch... they had smorg & we got our money's worth!! I had honey garlic wings... the only choice really, hoping it doesn't do any damage... thinking it won't, since honey is on my allowable list. My carbs are still plenty low.

Poor Molly's totally wound up, after being penned up for 3 hours... need to go run her...

TTYL
Old 11-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #1289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Out my front window this morning.... 15 degrees Fahrenheit
BRRR!!!
Oh, an aside... I'm at work, put Molly out while I eat lunch... look out the window & its snowing... she's looking up at it falling with the funniest confused look on her face! First snow!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #1290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It was so fun to watch Molly experience her first snow! She looked up at it coming down with such a puzzled look on her little face... later she got to taste it & approved! Then driving into town, she was totally fascinated & excited by the snow shooting straight at us... mesmerizing! An finally, running in the snow... ah the life of new discoveries!
Will probably be posting 'white' pictures next.
Hope you're all doing well!