Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #1201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Oh no! Well, he lost like 11 lbs. this week! Yes, he's such a sweetie.

Wow, we had a long board meeting tonight... just got in... 11 pm! It was very good, very deep, but long.

Hope I can sleep! Good night!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #1202
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
wow ! Can't believe you are still up ! thought I was the only one lol !

You sound like you are a great wife <3 Yes, you are both lucky to have each other.

We have meals together too, but we sit in living room a lot to eat. Both my boys love to come home to "home cooking" but they both have girls that cook good too !

Molly is so well trained. That's great !

ttyl ...I'm headed to bed
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #1203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, chasing you around the board! Good night!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #1204
Blabbermouth!!!

I ran, you chased me

Hope you slept well. I did , like a rock ;0

Have a great day !
Old 10-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #1205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I slept pretty well. Started waking up at 5 though... DH camped out last night... always wake up if he's missing... Have a great day!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #1206
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
"Kaboodle". How cute! I forget you have an indoor hot tub, you lucky lady. And to have such a great DH to say something so sweet, makes me want to cry. Yea for you! Glad Molly has become such a great, well-mannered dog. My dog beats the rug with her tail sometimes too, but most times, she gets up and does the full-body-wag. She loves people.

My mom always reminds me that the biggest loser is on, but by the time I get home from work, it's half over. The initial shows each season used to always be 2 hours long. I turn it on but by then it's the weigh-in and since I don't know these people from Adam, I just change the channel. Who's Reuben?

Have a great day. Hope the next time you post, you are telling us DH bagged a great moose or deer.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #1207
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I'm taping it too, liked the first night and love Dolvett and Reuben!! Should be a good season!!

My dh would prefer eggs each morning, but is happy enough w. cereal. I make him breakfast once a weekday morning and we do bfast for dinner each Friday. I make dinner every night too, we are trying to only eat out once a week. Dh prefers to eat out for lunch each day, but I've been workign on getting him to take leftovers - better for him and saves us $!

Hope dh gets something big! A lot of time spent trying should be rewarded .

Thanks for the info on the mayo, I'm off to research it a bit more .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #1208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah Cheryl, your mom like Biggest Loser?
American Idol winner: Ruben Studdard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (I think this link should be ok).

Hope your car is all fixed up & wonderful!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #1209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Julie we be sista's! I just love these shows!

Yep, need to convert your DH away from eating out... not so healthy for him & costly... but, he's a big boy... my DH does not enjoy eating out... so if I didn't make his lunch, he'd probably just work through lunch hour... being a thin eater, many days he brings half of it back. If he works by himself he doesn't stop for breaks. Not a coffee drinker either... but usually he has helpers & they take breaks & lunch, which he enjoys when there's someone to eat with.
You're not on fb are you?
google: "GMOs and why you should never use Canola oil.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #1210
Big Yapper!

Oh, cool! Well, since I work every Tuesday pm shift, I'll probably never get into this season of BL. No; Mom doesn't watch it but she knows that I like it and so she sends me texts sometimes to remind me. I might be able to catch the full episodes on Youtube so long as they don't get yanked for copyright infringement.

Nope. Car not fixed yet but will be tomorrow. Will tell all when it's said and done. LONG day. Any word on hubby and the hunting situation yet?
Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #1211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls, I hope he gets something! Options for moose bull & deer buck. I actually have started seeing them both here, on our road... today I saw 2 moose (cow & calf)... but haven't seen them up here for months! So that's a good sign.

I had a long nap when I got home from work... need to drag myself downstairs & get moving... TTYL!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #1212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
"Kaboodle". How cute! I forget you have an indoor hot tub, you lucky lady.
Yeah, Kit disappeared last year. ... Hot tub is empty. Its too hard to get water for it (our well water won't work), and the ozonator got wrecked by the house-sitters 5 yrs. ago... now the water only lasts 2 wks. I hope we can get it going again... we used to use it a lot. I'm not sure if I'd like it any more myself. Since I went on thyroid meds, I am warmer & don't like being 'hot'
Which reminds me... how you feeling on your modified meds?
Quote:
My dog beats the rug with her tail sometimes too, but most times, she gets up and does the full-body-wag. She loves people.
I have to stop Molly from the standing-full-body wag... or its all over!
Quote:
Have a great day. Hope the next time you post, you are telling us DH bagged a great moose or deer. Any word on hubby and the hunting situation yet?
No word yet. I would imagine he'll show up soon. He didn't take that much food with him.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #1213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, DH made it home... 8 pm. No meat... but he had a good time. He saw lots of tracks & tons of grizzly poo... I'm glad he's not going back there tomorrow! He'll do locally tomorrow.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #1214
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Local is good. Glad he had fun!! Yes, I'm anti-GMO (alreasy anti soy, so there aren't too many others in my diet, dh and his corn tortillas have suffered. trader joe's brands are all GMO free which makes it an even better place to shop)! and I try to stay away from processed stuff as much as possible. I'm gonna try the homemade mayo . Never gave it much thought, ask don't eat much of it, but if I'm making egg or tuna salad I do use it. Thanks for the idea!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #1215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you! What a great opportunity a whole store without GMOs!

Hope you enjoy your mayo.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #1216
Big Yapper!

That sucks about the ozonator being wrecked by a house sitter. Would love to hear that story. My hot tub had an ozonator too and it would always show the symbol on the display that it was working, then I discovered that they only last for about 3 years. Six years after buying it, I'm assuming it's still working and listed it having an ozonator when selling it.

I didn't spend tons of time in mine either. Just 15-20 minutes at a time, but it was heavenly. Mine was outside and I only used it at night and in cool or cold weather. How I loved to watch the stars and the moon and the clouds and sip on my cocktail. And to see the steam rising up off the water cause of the air being so much cooler, OMG. Truly blessed by my hot tub. Thank you Lord! I hope it continues to bless the folks in my old neighborhood who bought it from me. Last I heard, it was still going strong.

I don't feel dramatically better now on the new medication regime than I felt before. I thought I would but I don't. Just going with the flow, sticking to the plan and will have labs redrawn when he wants them to be.

I couldn't stop Cissy from the full-body-wag. The day she stops that, it will be close to her end. Wag on, baby girl. Wag on.

Oh, that sucks he didn't get anything! Is it illegal to shoot something that crosses the road if you track it into the woods? What are the rules with that? You said you see things sometimes. I know it has to be a male. Does he ever hunt for Grizzly? Wow. Can't even imagine.

I am nowhere near a Trader Joe's. I wish I were. Maybe I'll have to make a monthly trek to one in the middle of the state. I think that's the closest one. I do want to eat healthier. I hate the idea that my Hellman's mayo is no good for me. I don't even know of any mayo that tastes anywhere near as good as that one. I know they make an olive oil variety. Would that one be okay?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #1217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes! The olive oil one is good! If you can find it... I agree, helmans tastes wonderful! They will eventually turn this GMO thing upside down & stop polluting our food... I hope!

Our Mexico trip (2 months gone) we got a house-sitter that we didn't know... apparently 'booze' was spilled into the water at one of the "parties" that she had... She dumped every chemical we had in it, trying to fix it, but the water was putrid. Smelled it as soon as we walked in the door. I was glad she didn't try to empty it, as we didn't show her how to shut it off... anyway, 2 years of repairs on it, replacing corroded parts & then the ozonator doesn't work... possible it just wore out, as you said, but its all connected to me... never was the same. As well, there are other things that were destroyed by the party scene that still have not been fixed... I forgive her, but that was the last time we had a house-sitter.

Sorry you're not feeling better yet. One step at a time.

DH didn't get a moose, but DS did! When DH came home he had to go help DS to haul it up the mountain... will likely be all night.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
One moose is better than no moose!!! congrats
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #1219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes it is... but now he's got another friend helping him, as well as DH... so now its a three-way... unless dh gets one in the next 2 days... then we won't need it. I'm hoping!! If not, I'll be ordering local grass-fed beef.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #1220
Big Yapper!

DS got one and I'm sure DH will get one, too. If it's a "three way", the Lord will provide another one for you. If not a moose, then a deer.

I hate your hot tub story. You must have been so upset over all that. I know you are over it now, but when you're going through it, it's hard to be "at peace" with it. I wish you could get it up and running enough to enjoy it from time to time. If not, maybe get someone to get it out of there so you can use the space for something else. A greenhouse perhaps?

Bedtime for bonzo. Night.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #1221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
I hope so too.
Yea, its disappointing when your hard-earned things get abused... but it is only stuff... The kitty has been kind of hard on the cedar also... just proving he couldn't be an indoor cat. We love "wood" so there's just way too much wood-work at risk to have an indoor cat. I never could get them to stop sharpening their claws on it.
Did I mention the wild cat I saw on Tuesday night? DH saw him a couple weeks ago, but didn't know "what" it was... big, black, long-haired cat. Wonder if he needs a home...
Molly didn't want to come in tonight, enjoying the spoils of her mouse-hunt!
Good night!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #1222
Big Yapper!

Wow. I thought you meant like a Bobcat or something like that when you said "wild." Molly caught a mouse? She must be so cute to watch. Cats surely do love to scratch things up. And as soon as you catch them in the act, they dart off.

Going to work soon. Very windy here today and only in the 40's. Not sure how to dress because I still sweat when I'm working there.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #1223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't of talked nicely to a bob cat! I'd be trying to scare it off permanently. Not welcome here! But that term does work for both...

DH got home & to bed just before 2 am. It was a brutal night's work, getting that monster up - practically a cliff... but the three of them did it. Its in our shop now... probably the biggest moose either of them have ever got.

DH's out hunting now, last 2 days of open season for moose.

MIL is in hospital again, with a tumor on the urethra. They don't know if its cancer, but they're talking to her about hospice already. I wish they wouldn't always jump to the worse scenario... that just causes so much stress.

Its a gorgeous day today. Supposed to get up into the 50's. But its pretty nippy this morning, heavy frost.

Hope you have a good day at work Cheryl & Laura. Enjoy your day off Greeny!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #1224
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry to hear that about your MIL. She has a history of cancer, doesn't she? I forget details of everyone's relatives sometimes so you have to forgive me. Is her quality of life so poor that they would really think hospice was the next logical step? Is she bed-ridden? Alert and oriented?

That's wonderful about the moose. Must have been such a tough thing to haul it back home. But they field dressed it, right? If you end up splitting it three ways, at least it's the largest moose ever.

It's warmer where you are than where I am. Well, we might be hitting 50 but with the wind chill, I'm not expecting warmth when I step outside. Ttyl. Off to work I go.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #1225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl, MIL has only had urinary infections. No cancer, very sharp mind, just turned 90 last Dec. That's what is bugging me... why cause fear, when you don't know? I think they should tell what they are ruling out & hold off on the worst. Many times its not the worst.

Yeah, 3 ways will give us each a good amount... but DS told DH to go hunt, cause its not enough! Yeah, they dressed out & split in 3... still really hard to get up that hill... using a bunch of pulley's & 3 men.

I'm having a cook-off again today. Roasted cauliflower & peppers, now baking a pumpkin (to freeze); cooked up my broccoli stir-fry... Now to find containers for it all!

Oh, Molly's hair stands on end every time she smells that moose! We showed it to her, but she's too scared to check it out. Knew that would happen.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #1226
Big Yapper!

Well then, that's ridiculous that they said hospice. Someone should get an earful! That's just so cruel.

Funny about Molly. WTG on the veggie cook-off. Hope you find enough containers. Sleep tight tonight. I'm home from the farm and going to write on my journal.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #1227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually now they have done some more tests. Apparently she has a tumor on the bladder that has spread to the urethra. Why they didn't see that long ago is a mystery to me... they are calling it cancer & say its 'a painless' cancer? Guess they figure 6 months max for her to live, hospice to come in 'when needed'... Very sad. So now she's determined to put all her affairs in order...

Yep, got everything cooked & put away. Even baked the pumpkin seeds, they are yummy!

I took a nap again this afternoon. This 'hunting' schedule has been wearing me out! (lost about 3 hrs of sleep last night)... woke up too early the other mornings.

I was able to get my elliptical & some chores done this afternoon.... Need to go fix my dinner... DH still hasn't checked in. Another hour till it will be dark.
DS came & worked on the moose, skinned & hung it.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
THat is terrible about your mother in law HOw sad for your family. 6 months is not very long at all. Hopefully you get to create memories and make the most of the time. I know that is hard to do when they are sick.

I, too, made pumpkin seeds this week. We have one jack o lantern, and will be carving another some time this week.

Your family is in my thoughts. I hope everything works out.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #1229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
THat is terrible about your mother in law HOw sad for your family. 6 months is not very long at all. Hopefully you get to create memories and make the most of the time. I know that is hard to do when they are sick.
I, too, made pumpkin seeds this week. We have one jack o lantern, and will be carving another some time this week.
Your family is in my thoughts. I hope everything works out.
Yep, because you were talking about how good they were, I went to the trouble to get the goop off of them & cooked 'em... I'm eating them, DH doesn't like the shells. I baked the pumpkin & froze it to try out when I start eating starchy veggies.

We'd like to go see MIL next month for Thanksgiving... see if that works out. Talked to her, she's in good spirits. Is thankful for her loving family & ready to "go home." She'll be 91 on Dec. 24th.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:31 PM   #1230
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh Debby, so sorry to hear that. But, very glad she is not in pain ! I hope you do both get to see her soon. Praying for you and your family (hugs)

Cook off sounds good.

Yay ! They got a moose ! I wondered when you say ( a few posts back ) that you might have to order grass fed beef ~~ isn't meat really expensive where you live ? Wow, it's expensive for that here, I can't even imagine for you ....... ??

Have a good night....hope you sleep better .