Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yes, Dentists in Mexico are fabulous. We've had a lot of work done there. You get right in & out, pay 1/4 the cost, and their equipment is state of the art.

I thought about getting a juicer for a while too. But so many veggies are bad for thyroid raw. Plus they take a tremendous amount, which would be very costly up here in the frozen north.

Yep, careful what you wish for! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Good night!

PS... oops on forgetting your invite!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, DS & DDIL ordered a FlexForce this afternoon. DS figures he'll use it, so that's good for DDIL. I think the grand-kids could even learn to use it easily. They love all my exercise equipment. Especially the big ball & trampoline, which I don't even use.

Wow, I finally tried Quinoa. Its so good! Need to find a better price for it. I think it could be my main carb. Looking for ways to increase my calories. I'm still losing weight at the same rate as when I was trying. Hit my lowest wt. in years today, although I'm firming up.

DH is on the ferry to Port Angeles, Washington now. So, the bike-ride begins.

I had a nice quiet day, a bit too quiet, but was able to get my books organized & ready to do. Still organizing stuff in the office. And started assembling the steam-cleaner. Didn't finish, but got it unpacked. I still need to buy the shampoo.

Skied outside & did abs on the flex, while watching Undercover Boss (was recorded). I like that show.

I tried speech to text on my iPhone for texting. Pretty cool! Funny when it can't understand me too. I still need to figure out how to make Siri work too.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #93
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Speech to text is very cool, and hysterical at times. You sound like you're doing amazingly well, Debby! A new all-time low weight? You must really be finding new space in all areas of your clothing, with all the toning and tightening going on. I hope I can start getting motivated by you and Julie! I need a jolt of electricity to get me headed back in a healthy direction.

God bless your hubby and his friend on their big trip. May they have an amazing time and have great stories to tell for the rest of their lives.

That's so great that people like your flex machine so much that they're buying their own! That speaks volumes. I need to get back to the gym. I want to get a good cleanse done first and re-energize myself for the work ahead of me. OY!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Speech to text is very cool, and hysterical at times. You sound like you're doing amazingly well, Debby! A new all-time low weight? You must really be finding new space in all areas of your clothing, with all the toning and tightening going on. I hope I can start getting motivated by you and Julie! I need a jolt of electricity to get me headed back in a healthy direction.

God bless your hubby and his friend on their big trip. May they have an amazing time and have great stories to tell for the rest of their lives.

That's so great that people like your flex machine so much that they're buying their own! That speaks volumes. I need to get back to the gym. I want to get a good cleanse done first and re-energize myself for the work ahead of me. OY!
Thanks, I have to work on not worrying about him on that trip. I got to talk to him tonight, which helps a lot! I usually go with him on these trips, and so he's going to have to think of the things that I usually do...

Yes, its kind of amazing my son was convinced so quickly on the flex. But his wife has been wanting one since I got mine.

I guess you have to drive over to get the juicer, huh? Is it a long trip? I hope you get back on track real soon.

The wt. thing is funny. I need to figure out what to add for maintenance. I'm pretty nervous about gaining wt. so its still going down. I guess I still have a few lbs. wiggle room yet, so it doesn't really matter. Good thing is, I only lose 1.5 lbs in 2 months.

I added quinoa to what I already eat today, so it put my calories up to almost 1500 today. That should help. I can always add more, except I need to buy a big bag of it. YUMMY!! I see you can buy quinoa flakes & flour too. Interesting.

Yep, horse yard will be cleaner while it keeps snowing! The horses here have quit digging to find grass, its getting too deep.

Have a good night! I'm heading to be now too.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
DebbyL , I see you use one of those exercise balls. I have one but it won't support my
weight does anyone make them for us who are 300lb+ ?
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
DebbyL , I see you use one of those exercise balls. I have one but it won't support my
weight does anyone make them for us who are 300lb+ ?
Hi E.W.
I don't actually use the ball I have. My grandkids love it though. They will sit on it through a whole movie. I have no idea if they make a stronger one. You might be able to find that on google?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #97
Big Yapper!

No, it's not far to get the juicer. That's one of my deciding factors. Less than a half hour.

Wow! You're keeping your calories low, girl. What do you think you'll be able to eat daily and maintain? I've never tried that Quinoa stuff but I'll keep that in mind when I see a good price on it. Is it tricky to cook?

Even though you can't be with your hubby on this trip to Mexico, you can remind him of things via the telephone and internet, if he has a computer and access to wifi. I get jazzed whenever I think of how beautiful that trip must be! I LOVE the West and that must be one of the most fantastic bike rides in the country. The Pacific North West is the one part of the country that I've yet to see and have longed to see all my life. That and Montana.

I'll be at the horse farm tomorrow and I'll see how clean or dirty it is with my own eyes. It's so wicked windy today that there are snow drifts. Foot prints get erased, as well as the path I shovelled last night. I will clean up again when the wind dies down.

Hello, E.W. I don't think those balls are right for someone of your size, but when you're in the 200's, it will be more feasible. You'll have to make the ball as firm as you can get it. Maybe stick to floor exercises in the meantime. Do you have access to a pool? Swimming is the best exercise when a persons weight is high like yours. Better to start out gently with things like swimming and walking. Good luck with your journey! (See my new caption below my name.) ^^^

I have an exercise ball too but never use it. I like the idea of them but they can be tricky. They're more advanced than you'd expect them to be. It takes a lot of core stability to use them properly.

I have to go for now but I'm wishing you a lovely evening.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Cheryl,
I've posted Dave's spot page to my facebook. If you'd like to follow his trip, just click on it & save, then you can go back & check his progress as he checks in. It also has the Google Earth option, that you can zoom in & see what it looks like where he is... well, what it looked like when they took those photo's. It's pretty cool.
Quinoa is quite easy to cook. It just needs to be "rinsed" first, which is what stopped me from trying it months ago... just put water on, drain it off & then add your water. Makes just like rice. Very yummy hot, cold, in salad, as a cereal, etc... the possibilities are endless! Has a bit of a nutty flavour, which I can eat it just plain.
I think I'm doing really well eating 1200-1500 calories a day. I used to gain weight on less then 1000 calories. That was when I ate more carbs & didn't exercise. For my height & weight, 1500 calories is pretty close to right.
Oh, here's what DH did to my office. Still need to do a bit more organizing & finishing touches, but all the cupboards & built-in desk were added.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #99
Big Yapper!

Awesome office! Pristine and spacious. And a room with a view, too! Will the computer go in front of the window? I remember you said you were getting a new internet service so you could view videos and movies online. That will open up a whole new world to you.

That's so cool that you posted that on FB about your hubby's trip. I'll have to go check that out.

I need to get up and out soon. I have to shovel a wide enough path to haul the trash can from behind the house all the way out to the street so when the trash dudes come in the morning, they can do their thing. That's a long way to shovel a wide path. Maybe we should start leaving the trash and recycle cans in my driveway area. I'm going to suggest that to the neighbors upstairs and see what they think about that. Otherwise we'll need to do this shoveling and hauling every single time it snows. Phooey!

1500 cals sounds good enough for a woman of you stature and frame. As long as you feel satisfied and not cheated, you're right where you need to be.

I bought the juicer! Will be picking it up tomorrow at 11:30 am. Wish me luck as I try to make this cleanse/detox happen. TTYL.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL... that's what the gals on another thread said! That it has a view... here's out our front window... its the view.

My work desk is the one on the right, DH's is under the window. He doesn't use it, but his stuff is there. He'd rather sit at the kitchen table to work on his stuff. I also put that big TV in there, with satellite, so I can listen to TV... like noise when I work.
I won't be watching movies, but will be able to check out u-tube & songs, etc. I'll buy the 10 GB package (per month). Its more then double what I use now, so should be good for a while.
Yes, the spot-check thing is really cool! I can see even the people on the beach & parking lot by the beach this morning. Google is awesome!
You got the juicer! Maybe some dumpster-diving can get you the extra veggies you need!? Hope it proves to be a blessing to you.
Shoveling is hard work, especially on the back. It would sure be great if they could pick it up closer.
Have a happy new year!
Quote:
Awesome office! Pristine and spacious. And a room with a view, too! Will the computer go in front of the window? I remember you said you were getting a new internet service so you could view videos and movies online. That will open up a whole new world to you.

That's so cool that you posted that on FB about your hubby's trip. I'll have to go check that out.

I need to get up and out soon. I have to shovel a wide enough path to haul the trash can from behind the house all the way out to the street so when the trash dudes come in the morning, they can do their thing. That's a long way to shovel a wide path. Maybe we should start leaving the trash and recycle cans in my driveway area. I'm going to suggest that to the neighbors upstairs and see what they think about that. Otherwise we'll need to do this shoveling and hauling every single time it snows. Phooey!

1500 cals sounds good enough for a woman of you stature and frame. As long as you feel satisfied and not cheated, you're right where you need to be.

I bought the juicer! Will be picking it up tomorrow at 11:30 am. Wish me luck as I try to make this cleanse/detox happen. TTYL.

Last edited by DebbyL; 12-31-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #101
Big Yapper!

Dumpster diving in CT is a bust, unless you want to live on Dunkin Donuts stuff. All grocery stores here use huge compacter machines. Dumpster diving is what put on my last 10 lbs and put me firmly back in the 200's. This gals dumpster diving days are over. I never found nutritious food that way.

Beautiful view! Happy New Year to you, too!!! I'm hanging out at home tonight with my pooch and going to toast with sparkling cider.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Oh my gosh, I love that view out front !!! WOW ! Amazing...... how many acres do you have there ? Those big trees with snow are so beautiful

Office is really really nice. Glad you got it finished
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dumpster diving in CT is a bust, unless you want to live on Dunkin Donuts stuff. All grocery stores here use huge compacter machines. Dumpster diving is what put on my last 10 lbs and put me firmly back in the 200's. This gals dumpster diving days are over. I never found nutritious food that way.

Beautiful view! Happy New Year to you, too!!! I'm hanging out at home tonight with my pooch and going to toast with sparkling cider.
Thanks, we love it too. That's my front field, where I ski.

Ah, yes, I remember you were in Dunkin Donuts dumpster, not too juicy LOL. When we tried it years ago, it was in a Safeway one, full of veggies. I can only remember doing that once. Maybe you'll find a good source for bulk veggies.
Your new years sounds like mine, pooch & I anyway. We just got back from our ski-walk. I then took her in the van to the mailbox with me, had her quite worried, but she didn't puke then kicked her out to run the driveway, a little extra exercise.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Oh my gosh, I love that view out front !!! WOW ! Amazing...... how many acres do you have there ? Those big trees with snow are so beautiful
Office is really really nice. Glad you got it finished
Thanks Laura,
We love it too, and the snow does dress everything up so pretty. I love that the view is always changing. We have 120 acres & sit right in the middle of it.
I see you live in Texas. Is it warm there now? We toured parts of Texas a couple of times. Last time it was TOO HOT!! On a motorcycle it's kind of scarey when its too hot. I'm such a wimp, when it comes to extreme temperatures.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, your place is beautiful !

And YES Texas is too stinking HOT ! I hate summers here...... humid and giant mosquitos !!

I would love to move ..... somewhere there are 4 seasons, leaves changing and snow ! DH and I are fixing to work the same schedule ( 6 12hr shifts on , then 8 days off ) and he has promised we will take lots of trips and I will get to see how the "other half" lives..... haha ! We are only on 5 acres here but no beautiful view like yours. Love it
Old 12-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yes, your place is beautiful !

And YES Texas is too stinking HOT ! I hate summers here...... humid and giant mosquitos !!

I would love to move ..... somewhere there are 4 seasons, leaves changing and snow ! DH and I are fixing to work the same schedule ( 6 12hr shifts on , then 8 days off ) and he has promised we will take lots of trips and I will get to see how the "other half" lives..... haha ! We are only on 5 acres here but no beautiful view like yours. Love it
Ah... people up here "dream" of living in places with no winter. So funny. Guess that's why you get so many snow birds from Canada. We get huge mosquitos here too. Nasty!
What do you & hubby do, that you can work that long & get that many days off in a row? Sounds great! Get a motorcycle & do some cruises!
Old 12-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was really happy today, my temperature reached 98.6 for the first time! So far, not hyperthyroid symptoms, nor hypo. I may have found my right dosage. I'm supposed to get my next blood test now, so will find out soon. Also getting Vit. D tested this time.

Happy New Year!
I expect dh is in California Redwoods by now. Haven't heard from him yet though. They might be driving late, to make it to a specific landmark.

I ate yogurt twice today, because its in the fridge & I don't want to throw it out... however, for the first time in months, I have "bloat" in my gut, so I guess I have to admit that dairy is a problem for me. Guess Shelby gets the rest of it now.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #108
Blabbermouth!!!

We are both ER Rn's...... just recently started at same hosp ( I worked there for years - before ) and We are Blessed to be going to same week. All the Er nurses work 6 - 12 hr shifts then have 8 off. It's tough working all of 2 weeks hours in 1 week, but so worth it to have all those days off

And, now we will be off all those days together and can travel without taking vacation time !! So excited !
You work from home ? I would love that. We commute 40 minutes each way.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

You weigh 126 ? How tall are you ? I was 133.5 in the fall last year. Lots of stresses and lost 3 family members in 12 months and I let the stress get to me . Up to 145 now after eating anything and everything from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Oh well, it will come off. Just need to get my mind in the game
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You weigh 126 ? How tall are you ? I was 133.5 in the fall last year. Lots of stresses and lost 3 family members in 12 months and I let the stress get to me . Up to 145 now after eating anything and everything from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Oh well, it will come off. Just need to get my mind in the game
Ah! I was thinking maybe that was it. My brother in law works ER also. He is now semi-retired, so only works week-ends now. A 12 hr. day for me, would not work. I work at my church, 4 hrs. a day, 5 days a week. Also do books at home, but just for us now. Dropped my other client, because with the adrenal fatigue & then the exercise program, I just can't fit it in anymore.
I'm 5'4 & 3/8" Hopefully still... haven't measured my height in years, so maybe not.
So sorry you lost members of your family. What happened to them? I think my adrenal stress was brought on by stress. That's what the medical info says causes it. I went through a tremendous amount of stress in 2011-2012.
What kind of diet have you been following?
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

I lost both of my Grandmothers ( one was 87 and one was 96 ) I was really really close to them both. Then my Dad died a few months ago. Dementia and Alzheimers ~~ really rough last few years

Sorry you had a few rough years too.

I was LC and loved it, just did the comfort eating thing...... back on track 2 days now, know I will feel lots better and my energy will be much improved in a few days

Wow, you are almost 2 inches taller than me...... man, you are doing really well. WTG
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I lost both of my Grandmothers ( one was 87 and one was 96 ) I was really really close to them both. Then my Dad died a few months ago. Dementia and Alzheimers ~~ really rough last few years. Sorry you had a few rough years too.

I was LC and loved it, just did the comfort eating thing...... back on track 2 days now, know I will feel lots better and my energy will be much improved in a few days

Wow, you are almost 2 inches taller than me...... man, you are doing really well. WTG
Sorry you lost everyone in the same year too. Thanks. Things are going so much better now. In fact things are better then they have been for years now.
I hit my goal a few months back, trying to figure out "maintenance" and firm-up at the same time. I lost most of my wt. on low-carb-high-protein, then found out about the thyroid... discovered coconut oil & was able to lose the last 12 lbs on low-carb-high-protein + fat. Also got started on losing wt. September 2011 when I got a "My Trak" - which got me to "move" and I started working out regularly, which led to me going back to dieting. I didn't feel any better for it, which was a big indicator of the adrenal fatigue, but I kept pushing anyway. Now, when I exercise I feel the way I should - exhilarated!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #113
Big Yapper!

Wow! You ladies have been chatty while I was gone. Laura, I have great sympathy for you, losing so many in such a short period of time. Back in 1999-2001, I lost my husband's dear grandmother, my husband, my step-father and then my own father. It was like the world was coming to an end. My world was, anyway. But I'm still here and lived to tell about it. You will survive this as well. My heart goes out to you. Remember the good times and discard any bad ones. They really don't matter in the end.

I remember those horrid Texas summers but must have blocked out the mosquitoes. I am an RN too but disabled now. I would have lost my mind a lot sooner if I had to work 6- 12's in a row. I couldn't do that even when I was in shape. My hat's off to you! That's wonderful that you and hubby can go play for 8 days on a routine basis. Makes it fun to plan and get away somewhere great. Maybe you can book a flight to Colorado or someplace snowy and break up the Texas trap here and there.

Debby, I didn't know you had so much land. JEALOUS! How long have you lived up there? I know you said you were born in America (or am I wrong about that?) Tell us more about you and how you came to be where you are. Please?

Happy New Year, ladies! Lucky '13!!! I'm picking up my juicer today around 4pm. I will try some of the smaller grocery stores to see if they don't have those impenetrable compactors. I already did try the smaller ones but maybe I need to go super-small. Like mom and pop stores. Then again, I want to try and avoid "the dirty dozen" foods and buy those in their organic state.

3 more days before the computer comes home to me!! I haven't had a brand new laptop for exactly 12 years. It's going to be GRRRREEAATTTT!

Have a fabulous day and I'll be back later on. Hugs to both of you!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy New Year Cheryl ! Yep, I've been reading along with you two for a while and posted here and there I think,..... Ya'll are such great friends. That's a great thing to be able to connect and stay connected

Yep, 6 is hard, but I used to do 7 on 7 off ( about 10 yrs ago ) ~~ not as easy at 48 yrs old haha ! The bad days kick my butt
Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow! You ladies have been chatty while I was gone. Laura, I have great sympathy for you, losing so many in such a short period of time. Back in 1999-2001, I lost my husband's dear grandmother, my husband, my step-father and then my own father. It was like the world was coming to an end. My world was, anyway. But I'm still here and lived to tell about it. You will survive this as well. My heart goes out to you. Remember the good times and discard any bad ones. They really don't matter in the end.

Debby, I didn't know you had so much land. JEALOUS! How long have you lived up there? I know you said you were born in America (or am I wrong about that?) Tell us more about you and how you came to be where you are. Please?

Happy New Year, ladies! Lucky '13!!! I'm picking up my juicer today around 4pm. I will try some of the smaller grocery stores to see if they don't have those impenetrable compactors. I already did try the smaller ones but maybe I need to go super-small. Like mom and pop stores. Then again, I want to try and avoid "the dirty dozen" foods and buy those in their organic state.

3 more days before the computer comes home to me!! I haven't had a brand new laptop for exactly 12 years. It's going to be GRRRREEAATTTT!

Ah Cheryl. How hard that year was! What actually happened to them? I've been wondering about how you lost your dear hubby. Care to share?
In a nutshell: Yep, I'm from Oregon, immigrated to Canada in 74; lived in a remote part of BC. Built a log cabin, raised our 2 kiddo's. Moved to more populated area when kids were teens (to give them more opportunities). And bought the acreage we're on... built home on it.
Quote:
Happy New Year Cheryl ! Yep, I've been reading along with you two for a while and posted here and there I think,..... Ya'll are such great friends. That's a great thing to be able to connect and stay connected
Yep, 6 is hard, but I used to do 7 on 7 off ( about 10 yrs ago ) ~~ not as easy at 48 yrs old haha ! The bad days kick my butt
Yes, I remember you from way back. What diet are you following?
I enjoy a thread on the Eat Fat Get Thin Group. You would love those ladies. JUMP INTO JANUARY CHALLENGE 2013
Old 01-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ah Cheryl. How hard that year was! What actually happened to them? I've been wondering about how you lost your dear hubby. Care to share?
In a nutshell: Yep, I'm from Oregon, immigrated to Canada in 74; lived in a remote part of BC. Built a log cabin, raised our 2 kiddo's. Moved to more populated area when kids were teens (to give them more opportunities). And bought the acreage we're on... built home on it.
Quote:
I enjoy a thread on the Eat Fat Get Thin Group. You would love those ladies. JUMP INTO JANUARY CHALLENGE 2013
Old 01-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #117
Big Yapper!

Quote:

Actually, I only just came across Debby a couple months ago, over on Julie's journal thread. She kind of came over to my journal thread and then I ventured over to hers and Here We Are! A happy, supportive family in cyber space.

When I was still working as an RN, I did 12 hour night shifts but doing three in a row was about all I could manage. I had a great gig for a while, working only Saturday and Sunday nights and getting paid for 32 hours plus getting full benefits. That was heavenly; sometimes. I worked Telemetry and oftentimes, it is a dumping ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post

I see you got that "buy one get one post free" thing going on. I hate when that happens. The Mods can delete one of them if you're anal like I am.

I love to hear about people who live somewhere that they truly love. I'm glad moving there worked out so well for you and your family. You can't beat the views, that's for sure.

Sure, I can share. It's a long story so I'll try not to get too awfully deep into details. Actually, give me a few minutes while I eat, then I'll post all about it and also about my first day in 2013 over on my journal. Is that fair?
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oops! Got my TSH tested today... its lower than before (0.06). But since I feel really good, Dr said maybe its good. I can lower very small amount & check again.
Lots of people noticing today, I lost wt. Dr included. So weird, how much wt. you have to lose before anyone notices.
Shopping for a laptop today... Going to buy local. My friend works there & knows his stuff. Happy to be able to pick his brain & come up with all the options I need
Took Shelby for "car" runs instead of skiing. Took her once in the van & then she didn't want to get back in, after one trip, so I drove out & she ran to the road... stopping before the main road & we didn another run back... she's getting faster! So that's 3 trips... she should be good for tonight.
I noticed the last couple of days... dawning on me, that I got frost-bite on my face (left cheek). I'm going to have to be more careful with that. So that's why I didn't jump on the skiis & go when I got home, plus it was so late.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

I can't imagine being able to jump on skis and just take off. That sounds like so much fun !
Glad your "shelby" is enjoying running off some energy !
Old 01-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #120
Big Yapper!

That cracks me up how you run Shelby with the van. It seems to be working great and that way you can be in the warm vehicle with the heater on high! As far as I know, the TSH is supposed to be near 0 when you are properly medicated. If you feel great, then run with it.

Frost bite? Oh no! I hope it heals up fine. That must be painful. I've watched movies and documentaries about mountain climbing (Touching the Void is my favorite) and it amazes me what people will do to put their lives at risk. I'm not against risk but when it's that cold? No thanks!

Best of luck with picking out the laptop. It's great that you have someone you can trust to help you decide. I was very disappointed to find out that mine did not come loaded with Microsoft Office. I'm sure my first computer did because I didn't buy and install that ever in my life. I hate to buy stuff when it should have been installed already.

Laura! I'm heading to bed now. Wish me luck on sleeping. I'm wound!