I hope it is "good food"! Enjoy your night out with friends
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #1112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks!
It was good fun & a blessing to be there. I always whine about going out at night... but enjoy it once I get there.
It was a birthday party for a good friend, and we each one had to tell him what he means to us & bless him. It was very uplifting. (although hard to do & I sure wouldn't want to be on the hot-seat) We did the same thing for his wife earlier this year. They were both blessed out of their socks by it. DH & I agreed on the way home, we wouldn't like it ourselves. Obviously we're not people who like a spotlight.
She baked pork loin & chicken legs separate for me & had lettuce ready for my salad. I took my home-made mayo & Tabasco. And I didn't starve to death waiting so late.
Have a good sleep!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #1113
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Sounds like fun and y'all have such a good group of friends. Blessing each other on your birthday is so sweet.....love it !

Sleep well, glad you had great food and friends to spend the evening with !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:53 AM   #1114
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
how special! I too would not like the hot seat but would LOVE being told those things in a card that I could read later on in privacy. then I could always go back and read it again. and again.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:42 AM   #1115
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
What a lovely evening!! We did that at my dd's sleepover bday party... What's your favorite thing about Kelley. It was really sweet and uplifting . Hope all is well up North!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #1116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah that's cool Julie.
I agree with you Cheryl, reading it in privacy is pretty great. I've received a few emails that were keepers that way.
Yes Laura, these are very special brothers & sisters in the Lord.
Today was a pretty easy-going day for me. Work was quiet.
Once home I caught up my books so I could do my sales-tax pmt. Got it done
Then did my elliptical & ran the pooch with the quad in the sunshine down & around the field & property. Fall colors are getting brighter, so it was pretty gorgeous.
I have gone ahead with eating the GY & abstaining from the cream & the face has stayed clear I'm happy about that. Didn't really like the taste of the cream in my coffee anyway. Not too many milk products I actually like. Funny how you have natural aversions to things that aren't good for your own body... my Dad didn't like milk either.
Hope you all have a good night's sleep.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #1117
Big Yapper!

u 2. <3
Old 10-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a fairly quiet week & now am off for 4 days. Its Thanksgiving weekend here. Not sure what we're doing yet, but I think we'll be having the turkey dinner with grandkiddo's & dil. DS is off working... (helicopter pilot).

Maybe I'll get around to reading the Primal book I bought. Its not what I had imagined, looks more like a text book than a diet book. And the copy I bought is falling apart... guess that'll teach me for buying the cheapest one out there! (on amazon)
Molly broke her own speed record today. She went 38 km's @ hr. Shelby got up to 46 km. I think.
Good night!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #1119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving Enjoy the kiddos! That is one of my fave things about Thanksgiving is the family coming together. Always a fun time to see all the little ones running around, the adults all watching a football game, or talking in the kitchen. I just love holidays
Old 10-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #1120
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I had a fairly quiet week & now am off for 4 days. Its Thanksgiving weekend here. Not sure what we're doing yet, but I think we'll be having the turkey dinner with grandkiddo's & dil. DS is off working... (helicopter pilot).

Maybe I'll get around to reading the Primal book I bought. Its not what I had imagined, looks more like a text book than a diet book. And the copy I bought is falling apart... guess that'll teach me for buying the cheapest one out there! (on amazon)
Molly broke her own speed record today. She went 38 km's @ hr. Shelby got up to 46 km. I think.
Good night!
Happy thanksgiving!! Enjoy the time with family and counting your blessings!! I much prefer thanksgiving to Christmas. The focus is more on thanking God for all his blessings, rather than the gifts. Enjoy! Sounds like its beautiful up there!!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #1121
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Debby !!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #1122
Big Yapper!

Happy Thanksgiving, Deb! And about your 4 days off! Yippee! Molly is FAST. I'll have to look up how many mph that is. Have a fabulous time with your family and friends. I wish your ds could be there, too.

ETA: 23.6 mph!

Last edited by CherylB; 10-11-2013 at 09:11 AM..
Old 10-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls,
After being in this country for almost 40 yrs... we're finally switched over to Thanksgiving in October. It isn't quite the same as in the states, not as big, and we always have it on a Monday... half the people celebrate on Sunday, the other half on Monday. Kind of takes the punch out of the day. I think they make a bigger deal over Halloween, except we don't get a stat holiday for that one. (no sports-watchers in our family-PTL).

Yea, I think 38 km is 24 mph.

I just had a wonderful omelet. Totally enjoyed that.

I have come to the realization that I'm eating too many goiter-gens. Broccoli & cabbage have been my "fillers" which is bad, because they hinder your thyroid. I've got to find other fillers that I enjoy & are really good for me like those. Its also hard to find other things like that that are available all year round. So, I'm eating 'salad' with dinner, but that's getting old already. Hmmm... what to do. Might have to ask on the Paleo thread.

I will no doubt be hanging around more today. See you later
Old 10-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #1124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Cheryl,
Molly has taken to chasing the wood-peckers now for sport... I sure hope they stay high enough!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #1125
Major LCF Poster!

What do you mean?? I eat a lot of cabbage!!!! Please say it isn't so. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have it
Old 10-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #1126
Big Yapper!

Those peckers better watch out, then. I know we are different people but if I were you and I was stable at my weight, feeling great, loving life and eating broccoli and cabbage with a smile on my face, I would certainly continue to eat them. Thems my 2 cents.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #1127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha... yeah Cheryl, that's true.
Sorry Green, didn't mean to alarm anyone!

Since I'm still trying to regulate the hypo-thyroid thing... I still read up on all of that. In the thyroid journals & the primal info they warn people with thyroid issues to eat goiter-gens in moderation & only cooked. I've been consuming 4+ cups of them daily.

They do say to off-set the bad effects to make sure you get iodine with them. So I'm adding the iodine drops... I'm trying to add salt to my diet, but more often then not, I forget.

The thing is, I don't want to damage my thyroid any more if I can help it. I would really love for it to recover.

It may not be too hard to swing "moderation" if I can find veggies I like to replace them... Spag.sq., zucchini, swiss chard...

I've skimmed the Primal book this morning, about 3/4 of the way through. Most of it I've read online, but its good to read in book form too. Its really cool to find a diet that is combining the "health" stuff I've been learning over the years with a style of eating that I've basically been following too! Funny.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #1128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had another quiet day. Did bookwork, exercise, lazed around mostly. Fighting off DH's cold...

DH had to go finish a job up & clean it up so he could take Monday off for Thanksgiving. ( Usually doesn't work on Saturday). Took longer then expected. Always does, when its the last day on a job.

I did my 'lower-cal' day today, started with GY & blueberries for breakfast. The usual for lunch & dinner. And only baby carrots for afternoon snack. Well, my protein only came to 51 grams. From what I can figure, they should be 50-75 grams. I think if I can work them higher it would be better though? Fat grams were 59. Carbs 93.

Getting rid of the vanilla creamer will drop my carbs by 28 grams... another reason to stop the' poison'!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #1129
Major LCF Poster!

How do you know what your grams for the day are? Is there something on here where you can plug it in?
Old 10-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #1130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Oh, I use a counter-site. Not allowed to post the name here though.
Do you facebook? I sent you a message, but I'm not sure if you will be able to get it. I have trouble with messaging here, for some reason.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #1131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had a pretty quiet Sunday. Picked the kiddo's up & went to church-which was great, being thanksgiving lots of excitement & joy. Then took them home... they were sad... we were tired (both of us fighting a sinus cold). Stopped at the store & picked up the almond milk. Man! There are so many kinds & all but one have sugar in them.
So, I'm drinking my second cup of coffee with only good stuff in it and the coffee itself is very weak too. I think I can do this.
My macro's are much better today... my low-cal day... 1206 calories; 50 g. carbs; 72 fat; 79 protein. They'll be better yet tomorrow when there's no vanilla creamer.
Wow, this is a huge step of progress for me. It will also help me to cut down on coffee, as its not quite as addicting.
Hope everyone's having a great evening.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #1132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pandora174
Stats: 248/127/125
WOE: hHCG, 5:2, JUDDD
Start Date: January 2012
Saw you posted on the M&E thread & thought I'd let you know what I've read so far. It's Meat & Eggs and that's about it. No cheese, dairy, fruits, veggies. But it's not bad at all. All kinds of protein and eat when hungry. From what I've read they recommend not going below 1200 calories a day. I've added sugar free mayo to the eggs with some mustard to make egg salad. I've added butter to my scrambled eggs. Some people use lean meats but really most people eat whatever protein they want.

Yesterday I had as proteins bacon, rib eye steaks, sausage, turkey bacon and lots of eggs. Had about 6 eggs and lots of water, some Coke Zero and coffee with heavy cream. Plan on doing it for 3 days and then transition to very low Atkins Induction. Today I had bacon, rotisserie turkey, filet mignon, sausage plus lots of eggs.

While I do miss my fruits and veggies I like more than I thought is eating more and I mean an extra 300 to 400 calories ! I also note my belly is flatter and less bloating.

Here's some links I found as well :

Egg/Protein Fat Fast - April 2010
MEAT AND EGG, 3-5 Days or Until You Reach Goal***You Decide***SUMMERTIME***
Meat and egg fast anyone?

Good luck if you decide to try it !

My Maintenance journal
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-lbs-down.html

Last edited by pandora174; 10-13-2013 at 07:30 PM..
pandora174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #1133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Yes, I'm subscribed to that thread, been trying to figure it out for a while. Thought I'd finally ask, since I don't see it in the book. I saw you joined the thread too.
Thanks! I read through the intro's... I actually thought it was part of the Primal diet! But it looks like its just another low-carb diet. Is that right? The reason being, I saw threads for this on the Primal site. :P
You can have as much "fat" as you would like?I make my own mayonnaise, since all the store-bought is made with GMO oils, so that's what I use a lot. (plus Tabasco)!
This morning we were running short on time, so I zapped 2 oz piece of pork chop I had left over, chopped it up with 2 hard boiled eggs & added my mayo & Tabasco. It was almost as good as the omelet I was going to make.
I'm still eating the veggies, but since I'm cutting out the creamer I have room to add either protein or fat, or half of both to make up the difference.

Last edited by DebbyL; 10-13-2013 at 08:16 PM..
Old 10-14-2013, 12:14 AM   #1134
Blabbermouth!!!

Sorry you are under the weather. Hope you and DH feel better soon ! Had a great shift today and now I'm off
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 AM   #1135
Major LCF Poster!

Debby, I just read some of your beginning of this blog. Wow. Did you decide on your own to increase your medicine, or were you advised by a doctor? How did you know when it was enough? How do you take your temp? Just with a normal thermometer?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:31 AM   #1136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah Laura! Hope you have a great rest day. Thanks, we are feeling better this morning, the rest helped a lot. A lot of cooking for me today & kiddo's coming at 2 pm. Will be busy doing Thanksgiving.

Lisa I am working with both a naturapath & Dr. The Dr has given me permission to adjust my dose by 1/4 of a 30mg pill... which works out to only 7mg one way or the other. For me to feel optimal I take 60mg a day, but add the 7mg every 3rd day. I slowly get hypo without it... & slowly get hyper with taking it every day. Its been a process. But I think I've got it nailed. I do feel better right at the line between normal & hyper & my Dr is good with that. He's listening to me & wants me to go by how I feel because each person is different.
The temperature thing... I read that in the stopthethyroidmadness book. It is a method created by Dr. Broda Barnes. (I fb'd you a link).

It was nice to sleep in this morning again.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #1137
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you are enjoying a lovely thanksgiving with your family!! Hope you and dh are feeling well and celebrating today!!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

I have been reading some of the things on stopthethyroidmadness. There is so much information!! Everyday I read a little more.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #1139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Julie I hope so too! Not too much energy.

Lisa that's good! I learned so much there & from someone I met on the calorie counter.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #1140
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family !