Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #1051
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
So glad the primal thing is going well!! Let me know if you learn anything exciting in the book. I'm following it too, but lowering my calories a bit. It's a good balanced healthy eating plan!

32? Brrrr!! we may hit that overnight in jan! Hang in there and enjoy that brisk weather! Molly is so big already!! Today is our puppy's 1st birthday. Here is a pic of my little fur-ball .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.9 KB, 7 views)
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #1052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Julie, I will share what I learn, when I get it. Found out today that it could arrive anywhere between Oct 2-9th. I guess depending on the border thing.
Happy birthday puppy! Cute! Funny that Lil thing is older than Molly!

Yep, maybe you'll get that cold up in your mountains!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #1053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm doing really well on primal, being ultra careful, but finding the additions of dairy & fruit to be such a treat... enjoyed huckleberries & greek yogurt today... My breakfast got delayed again, because of the staff meeting, so my meals were all delayed & my calories were lower then I intended.

I made had to make mayo & clean the wood stove out tonight. Its a wood cook-stove that we have upstairs & the smoke backed up on us this morning... gross! Guess its in my hair, cause my boss said "do you smell smoke?" when he came in my office shucks!
Got my elliptical done & feeling pretty good.

Have a good evening!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:16 AM   #1054
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I love the puppy pic! Is that of her now or when she was still a puppy? Looks like she's wearing a little Julie hat. Adorable.

Debby, that must have really stunk when the woodstove did that. Nothing like the smell of a malfunctioning wood-burning furnace. It permeates everything and everyone. Getting chilly up there! We are in the 40's at night. Too cold to keep windows open anymore.

Enjoy your Wednesday, ladies. Ttyl. I'm off and I woke up too early so I need to get back to sleep. When I wake and my eyes are burning, I know I need more.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:44 PM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I love the puppy pic! Is that of her now or when she was still a puppy? Looks like she's wearing a little Julie hat. Adorable.
Debby, that must have really stunk when the woodstove did that. Nothing like the smell of a malfunctioning wood-burning furnace. It permeates everything and everyone. Getting chilly up there! We are in the 40's at night. Too cold to keep windows open anymore.
Enjoy your Wednesday, ladies. Ttyl. I'm off and I woke up too early so I need to get back to sleep. When I wake and my eyes are burning, I know I need more.
Yep, that picture was posted minutes from taking it (thanks to iphone). And, she's still a puppy... 5.5 months old.
Yep, we let the fire go out today so we can clean the main stove pipes tonight. Good thing to get done before winter really hits us.
It was a bit warmer today, 35F I think. It was in the 50's at my exercise time, so I dressed a bit warmer & braved walking... glad I did. Just have to bite the bullet & do it, its so good for Molly. Walking seems to count for "more" then the running. Although I ran her twice today too. Guess I need to start researching X-country ski equipment. Last year I wore the old ones out... they're ancient.
Well, the last two days at work I had extra time, so I tackled balancing my GL... its been "out" (slightly) since March, and I just couldn't find it!!! But yesterday & today I tediously went through it all & found all but $3.96. Fixed it & I'm feeling so good about it now! KWIM it just nags at you...
I totally enjoyed my breakfast this morning... GY, sliced apple, cinnamon, flax seed & coconut. Then today on Dr Oz, he said the perfect combo for digestion is: Yogurt & flax seeds! Funny Oh, and no "hunger" from the apple.
Hope everyone is having a terrific evening!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #1056
Big Yapper!

I was talking about JULIE's puppy pic. I'm not losing my mind, honey. Go back and look at Julie's puppy and you'll see what I was talking about with the "Julie hat" he's wearing. Silly woman. I know how old Molly is.

Have a good night. I'm glad you're cleaning the wood stove out properly. Winter is fast-approaching.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry, too many puppies!

Well, just got finished with dinner, clean-up, laundry, stove-cleaning, wood-cart-loading & fire built. Whew!

Got smart & had my avocado at "snack-time" since I had my fruit & yogurt for breakfast. I'm still a bit chicken to add too many carbs.

I'm going to have to admit that exercise gives me a second-wind... that I should be doing it right away after work instead of waiting till 4 pm. Because I "have all kinds of energy" after I work out & that's when I get all of my chores done... duh!

Its all a process, huh? Changing the "fat mentality" to a "fit mentality" must keep walking that direction - no matter how hard my flesh rebels!
Old 09-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #1058
Big Yapper!

WAY back in my distant memory, I recall that if I worked out later in the day, my chances of sleeping were screwed. If I had to do it, it had to be in the morning. It revved me up big time. So, you know that now too. We're all on this journey of life where we learn by trial and error. Fun sometimes, isn't it?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #1059
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I remember exercising in the mornings before worked good for me. But it was so hard on our schedule. I'm going to make myself do it right after work tomorrow & see how that goes. Walking Molly warmed me up, so its a plan. I just hate to admit to myself that the answer to my "tiredness" is exercise!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 AM   #1060
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

Lol. Yep, that's unfortunately me in the background. He was about 6 months there, cute little rascal! Why can't that perfect fall weather stick around? It seems to go so quickly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Sorry, too many puppies!

Well, just got finished with dinner, clean-up, laundry, stove-cleaning, wood-cart-loading & fire built. Whew!

Got smart & had my avocado at "snack-time" since I had my fruit & yogurt for breakfast. I'm still a bit chicken to add too many carbs.

I'm going to have to admit that exercise gives me a second-wind... that I should be doing it right away after work instead of waiting till 4 pm. Because I "have all kinds of energy" after I work out & that's when I get all of my chores done... duh!

Its all a process, huh? Changing the "fat mentality" to a "fit mentality" must keep walking that direction - no matter how hard my flesh rebels!
I also do best when I workout in the morning. I never seem to get around to it later anyway. Maybe a walk after dinner, but that's about all I can manage later. You're doing great!! You're at goal, but those last 2 lbs that annoy you will go. Or, you'll stay the same on the scale, but tone up a bit more from the exercise. Ether way it's all good!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #1061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals,
Today played out different than I planned. Worked late again. Had to gather lots of data for budget & then data for salary reviews, on top of the usual things. But I got it done! So I get tomorrow off.

I was not impressed with the temp & clouds when I went to do my "earlier" walk, so opted for quad-running Molly & doing elliptical. Bent over to pick up some newspapers as I was going downstairs to get my jacket & my back "tweaked." Quickly did my back stretches & took some aspirin, then drove the quad & did my elliptical... kept thinking I'll only do 15 minutes, then 20, ended up doing the full 40 minutes. The back's feeling sore, but not too bad. PTL!~

Today my wt. was up, most likely from too much salt yesterday, so I was afraid to eat too much fruit & avoided my yummy squash. Now with the tweaked back the wt. will probably stay the same. Oh well.

Cooked up a bunch of veggies & see that I still have more to cook up.

Hope you had a good day!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #1062
Big Yapper!

WTG! Glad you have tomorrow off now. I'm sorry you tweaked your back but way to work out anyway. I hope it will help the muscle in the long run. Maybe you lessened the damage by moving rather than guarding and protecting it.

You're weight is just fine. It has no choice to be fine, the way you stay on top of it. Enjoy your veggies. Night to you and Molly.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl, it was a good day off. And you're right, my wt. was fine this morning! Amazing! It always goes up 2 lbs from back going out. I walked Molly today, in the sunshine this morning. So glad I did, by the time I normally walk it was sprinkling. I played with her for the whole walk, getting her to jump up for a long stick & bouncing on her hind legs... pulling me up the hill (when I let her get it). Amazing energy that dog has! Then she goes & has a deep sleep & regenerates herself! LOL... but I ran her with the van when it was "mail-time." We ran into our neighbors on the back drive & I was able to stop her from going to them (horses & dog)... she's so obedient!
I've been able to find some threads that were interesting on Mike's site & am picking up some tidbits. Ordered some shoes that are supposed to be "primal" - apparently he is big on walking barefoot. I need shoes, so I ordered the ones he recommended (without the toes).
Hope everyone had good a good Friday!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #1064
Big Yapper!

That's awesome that you've gotten Molly so well-trained now, Deb.

"Primal shoes"? That's weird. I know Vegans take their beliefs all the way through their clothing and everything in their life but how do you do that with Primal? No rubber soles? Moccasins? That won't work in the cold months. Ah, phooey! Wear what you want on your feet. Just eat Primal if that's what you want to do.

Glad you got your walk in before it started to sprinkle. It's nice to hear you talk about your time with Molly. I'd love for her to tow me up some hills. Have a great rest of your day.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #1065
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!
Yeah Cheryl, the shoe thing is more about using muscles. I'm willing to try anything that will build up my ankle & feet muscles. Have used the rounded bottom shoes for years, that work your legs more as you walk. I have to wear arches in all my shoes & this is just another thing to "try"

Supposed to be a huge storm blowing in on the whole Pacific North West. Its blowing pretty good right now.

Glad you enjoy my "Molly" talk
How are you? pretty quiet on the board today. All I feel like doing is sitting around.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #1066
Big Yapper!

I hope that storm doesn't get bad where you are. It's already windy? I'm doing fine. I have the day off but they asked if I'd come help them load more hay bales. They know I can't physically do it but someone needs to hold the little counter and keep an accurate count of each bale that we store. That will be my job. Also, I want to try and mend a torn horse blanket cause soon the weather will be cold enough that we'll be putting them on them at night. I have this iron-on tape for mending and I think it will be enough to repair the tear underneath. I'm soon going to find out.

It's always quiet on the board on the weekends. Sometimes I feel so lonely when I keep checking back here and there's nothing new to read on my subscribed threads. Then and only then do I venture out into the main lobby and read other threads that spark my interest. I have too much to keep up with, otherwise.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals Hope y'all had a good Sunday!
Mine was a lot busier then I'd bargained for... had impromptu lunch with a new couple from church & their sweet little baby boy. Had to rush home straighten up & figure out a quick lunch. It went well anyway.
Then I did a deeper cleaning because dh also invited our good friends over for popcorn & milkshakes tonight. That also went well... used the mopping for my exercise points.
Yesterday was a write-off for housework, because it was a dark-rainy day & I felt drained all day... which is usually the day I catch up on housework...
Thanks Cheryl, the storm passed without incident... just lots of wind & rain. Molly didn't even want to go out.
Speaking of Molly, I've got her "dancing" on her back feet now. So cute... hope to train her to do that & turn around too. She did really well with the company, after being forced to "calm-down" (which was a trial for her for 10-15 minutes)... then they loved on her & were able to keep her from jumping all over them.
Looking forward to going back to work tomorrow!! Its easier then today was!
Hope everyone's doing well!
Good night!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #1068
Big Yapper!

What a busy Sunday you had! No wonder you are happy to return to work today. You're doing great with little miss Molly. I'm glad the storm didn't really do any damage where you are. I see the Jet Stream is still bringing all that moisture into the Pacific NW. It's been very dry here and I'm thankful for that. I need to take some pictures of the trees before they peak and are barren for the winter. So far I haven't seen any that stop me in my tracks.

I'm off to work soon. Have a great day.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #1069
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Yes, Sunday was a busy day for you ! Hope you have a great day at work !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #1070
Big Yapper!!!!

I always clean best when company is coming... shouldn't admit that, but cleaning is just not a really high priority to me. i like those impromptu get togethers, usually more fun and less planned .
Old 09-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #1071
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, very busy. But I did have a very lazy Saturday... so I shouldn't complain. I had a feeling dh was going to invite people over... just tried to ignore it He's been wanting to invite people over for a while & I've been backing out for a while... not enjoying cooking or cleaning (the dusting & floors)... tried to explain how much work it is for me when people come over... he did help me out by vacuuming quickly, but didn't do a very good job (bad eyes). Well, it motivates me to "be ready" on Sundays.

We're offering our home to be open for Bible Studies too, so that should exercise my hospitality muscle back into shape...

Today was dark & "rainy" all day. I don't know why, but its bothering me this year. Molly didn't get as much exercise today because of it.
The primal thing + rotation + 8/16 is going really well. I'm enjoying it.

Hope y'all are having a good evening tonight.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #1072
Big Yapper!

"Hospitality muscle." That particular muscle in me is the flabbiest of them all. That's cool that you might have Bible studies at your house. That way you can keep the house in readiness and that's less of a chore than to clean it all in one fell swoop.

Sorry the weather has been so gloomy. Is it the season for rain and gloom in your part of the world? I hope it doesn't last too much longer, for all your sakes. Hang in there, baby! "Friday's coming." Remember that cute saying with the kitten hanging on by one paw?

I asked Barbara on her thread but I'll ask you too. What is 8/16? And what sort of rotation are you doing? I guess I still have a lot to learn.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
I've done a rotation diet for all 43 lbs... 4 different days 1050; 1250; 1350; 1450 calories... then repeat... picked it up & revamped it from a body-builders diet that used to be online & used before... it helped me fix my metabolism when I was gaining wt. on 1000 calories a day.
The 8/16 that I'm doing is wait till 10 am to eat... then have all my meals before 6 pm. What that has done for me is take away my "grazing" time before dinner... mainly because I'm not hungry, plus I get back in touch with "fasting" (every morning) so its not hard. I do drink my coffee with cream in it all morning, but that's how I fast anyway.

Today we got up at 5 am DH went bow-hunting for moose this morning... may not be back till tomorrow. Work went well. I went to town & got my picture taken for my passport, came home & finished the paperwork... I might actually be able to mail it away tomorrow! I have to say, I was so happy with my "skinny" picture & to be able to put a "low" weight on the description. I started filling this app out a couple of years ago & that's where I stopped... they wanted my wt. Was thinking of putting it in KG's because that's acceptable here, but couldn't stand to finish it. Vanity, vanity...
I took Molly for a walk & then a run, after I did my elliptical. The cows are back, so she was really excited , obeyed me when I called her off from chasing... then when we turned around at the end of the property, I saw 2 neighbors that don't like dogs on their property (mean neighbors)... she was gonna go "greet" them, I called, she stopped. I'm so pleased with her obedience today.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #1074
Big Yapper!

Wow; she's an awesome dog, Debby. God bless her and you. Thanks for explaining the rotation thing. There's so many ways people use to tweak their diets. It seems the choices are endless and that we can literally just make stuff up that works for us. ?

I should be off this computer cause I need to get up and moving very early. It will be a very full day but I will be happy that I put out the effort. It will mean a great deal to my sister and her hubby.

Night. Hope your hubby bags a Moose.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #1075
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, I agree, she is an awesome dog!
I'm so excited about your dinner tomorrow. God bless you all!
No moose, but he had a great time & is home tonight.

Oh, the diet thing... I forgot to mention primal now... was low-carb, turned to low-carb+fat, while I was losing. I've lost wt. almost every way possible.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #1076
Blabbermouth!!!

WTG on the "skinny" passport pic ! Love that !

Sounds like a busy day for you ...... glad DH had a good time and is home safe .

Yes, I guess everyone does their diets their own way, but your way really worked for you ! You are a success story !! yay !

Night Debby...... sweet dreams
Old 10-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #1077
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
I used the passport pic for my avi... not smiling much, but they don't let you.
Thanks, it was a good day at work. I was the only one there all day! Pastors were out. Came home & its sunny. When Molly & I walked to get the mail (at church), she caught & ate a poor mouse... she's unmerciful! I'm glad she is such a good hunter though, will keep them from moving into everything... The cows are back on our property again & she's doing really well. It seems she's learned not to indulge in their droppings & calls off easily from chasing.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #1078
Big Yapper!

That is one heck of a nice passport photo. Glad you had such a good day. I did too but now it's time to rest. Ttyt!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1079
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl
G'nite!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1080
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice pic Debby ! aka "skinny"