Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #991
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Yes Cheryl, that our pastor. Glad you enjoyed that. Sermon . net is really cool, and its free Nice service to churches and people.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't believe a border collie would ever need a shocker. They're so sensitive & responsive to voice commands, much easier to just speak to her than have to zap her (when speaking to her works already). She'll get it, already she stops in her tracks & drops it... most likely by next cow season she will have outgrown the puppy stage & not go crazy on it.

That stuff your co-worker talks about... sounds like eastern religion & new age... (had to look it up). Not something I'd dabble in.

Hope you have a good sleep!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #992
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Interesting day... My walk got put off till tomorrow... ran Molly with the quad through a dozen cows along the way (went the path of least cow-crowds). She did really well, stuck with me all the way. Only chased when we needed them out of the way & kept coming with me.

Then I did my elliptical (didn't feel like it, but pushed through).

Oh, today "cops for cancer "came to "arrest" my pastor The charges? Promoting football in a hockey town! What a hoot!

Cooked up some more veggies... baking a store-bought quiche for DH.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #993
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
All good news! WTG, Debby. So funny about the "arrest." Love your new Avi, BTW. Is it new or a throw-back to another time? You both look happy and healthy.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #994
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl, its a (fav) old pic... one of our first long motorcycle rides (2008?)... when we went to Alaska. It was taken in the Yukon. I keep forgetting to get a new pic.

We went for that walk today. Its a beautiful sunny day. Molly & Coog had a blast. And the two of us were huffing & puffing our way up those hills.

We're leaving tomorrow morning to see DD. Should be fun. We'll also go shut the water off at the cabin. Molly's coming with us (taking the truck), but she'll stay with DD when we go to the cabin... I didn't get a rabies shot in time to cross the border. Next time I'll know.

I should get busy & pack.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #995
Big Yapper!

Where's the cabin at? I hope you have a wonderful trip and may God watch over and protect you each and every mile of the way.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
We drove for 12.5 hrs. Got to DD's home. Molly did amazing... just sleeps while we drive & loves the stops. Witnessed an accident... helped out before heading on. First time I've ever called 911.
Cabin is in NE Wa. Will go there tomorrow.
As per usual for travel, no exercise... & didn't even hit 1000 calories.
Hope you're all well.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #997
Big Yapper!

I'm glad all is going well. I hope no one was seriously injured in that accident you witnessed. It's exciting when you can stop and help, isn't it? I always get, "Get back in your car, ma'am" from the cop even after I tell them I'm an RN. Ingrates.

Have a wonderful time in WA. Take pics! I'm glad Molly is a great traveling dog. It's awesome when they just sack-out and get in the groove. My current dog has to see everything that's going by. I've never once seen her sleep. I'm lucky to catch her laying down. But I've never taken her on a drive longer than 2 hours long.

Come back in here when you can to talk to us and let us know how everything is going.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #998
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Debby , just a quick check in ! Love the avi ! <3

Didn't realize you were leaving on your trip.....have a great time and be safe !
Funny about molly loving her "cow pies" lol !

Had a great trip and hope you are too..........
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #999
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends!
We're back! The 5 day trip turned into a 6 day... ran into unexpected problems at the border. They made us fix the speedometer from KM to Miles. Problem was, it was Saturday night, so had to store it overnight before we could go to the cabin & enjoyed a day off driving at the cabin. Some motorcycle friends of ours came to stay at the cabin & we had a good visit. When dh was showing our friend how to close off the water, they opened the door to the pump & low & behold - we found out what critter was digging under the cabin... a cute little skunk was there looking up at them! Fortunately he wasn't alarmed & didn't spray them!
Monday we resumed with the plan & delivered the bike to dh's best friend. He's so thrilled...

We picked up a friend's dd in Vancouver (she couldn't get some of the courses she wanted)... & a fridge at costco for her folks' B & B.

We drove for over 12 hrs. most days. Molly did amazing on all the drives. Young girl we brought back with us fell in love with her, says she wants to steal her.

Eating was hard... couldn't get the right foods. So I ate fruit & did just fine. Still at goal wt. Would like to lose 2 lbs.

This morning I went to leave for work & discovered my van battery was dead... so was late to work. But things went well at work & now I get tomorrow off!

Looking forward to catching up with Y'all!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #1000
Big Yapper!

Back Home! Glad you didn't get sprayed by that young skunk. Sounds like you had a great trip, aside from having to switch from KM to MPH. How does one do that, anyway? Isn't it all the same speedometer; you just look at the other side of the line? Welcome to America. Enjoy your stay.

Sleep tight!
Old 09-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #1001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Had to take the face off the speedo & place the miles per hr at the strategic spots. The guy who did it went out of his way to put us first & rush the job.

It was a really nice day for me. Started drying some kale but I don't think I put enough oil on it. Cooked up my swiss chard & a pork roast. Also was able to catch up on books for dh.

Since its really warm, I took Molly for a quad-run instead of a walk... then did my elliptical.

I had to buy international vanilla creamer this time. Its yuck! I don't understand why, but it tastes really bad. Did some maneuvering in my calorie counter & discovered that half & half is way less calories & carbs!! That's it... I'm done with the fake stuff.

Looks like I've got to eat now... DH's still not home, but I want to stop eating at 6 pm tonight.

TTYL
Old 09-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #1002
Big Yapper!

Do you find it hard to not eat in the evening? That's the only time I want to eat. I can go all day without taking in any more than coffee with cream and splenda but evening comes and all bets are off.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #1003
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
Actually no. The hard part of the day for me is from 3-dinner. Also get hungry before lunch, but resist... unless I'm doing the fast thing, then I'm not hungry at all either time. Something about fasting.
DH came home just as I was heating my food up, so we got to eat together.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #1004
Big Yapper!

I think that is a large part of my problem is I don't eat "meals." I eat when I eat. I have much to restructure. I need to do a lot of praying and asking for help. I'm in so much discomfort due to my current weight. It makes living so difficult and sometimes even miserable. I miss the days when I felt good in my skin and I remember how good it felt to slip on a nice pair of jeans and feel they looked good. AND were comfortable.

I need a plan. (Goodnight.)
Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #1005
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Sounds like you're doing great, and Molly is growing up already! You're such a so,I'd maintain now, a true success! Thanks for sharing your lifestyle, it gives me good ideas and lots of hope
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #1006
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Sounds like you're doing great, and Molly is growing up already! You're such a so,I'd maintain now, a true success! Thanks for sharing your lifestyle, it gives me good ideas and lots of hope
Julie, what are you posting on? An ipad or a cellphone or something? Sometimes it's a challenge to read what you wrote and to decipher what you meant to say. Especially this time! I'm boggled.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #1007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,
Thanks Julie, its all a journey, hey?

Cheryl, I have faith that you will get to 'fixing' you diet as you continue on your journey. You've come so far even since I've known you.

We went for a long motorcycle ride today. Went to Babine Lake, it was a gorgeous day. I posted a few pics on twitter/facebook.

Happily, I picked up some half & half too.

Have a good evening!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #1008
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Debby. Nice new Avi. From today? Looks lovely. Sleep well!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #1009
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl, yes its from this afternoon. I like yours too.
G'nite!
Old 09-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #1010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

A delightful day. Wonderful worship & fellowship service. Followed by lunch with the kiddo's. Now a quiet afternoon, which I relaxed & did a quad-run with Molly, then elliptical. DH & kiddo's went to the lake for a swim.

Decided to go lower carbs today, so eliminated my oat bran breakfast. Replaced with Greek yogurt. Then used that for my afternoon snack too. Will see if it messes with my system. I quite enjoyed it. It would be beneficial for me to discover alternative meals... kind of stuck in a rut.

I'm maintaining at 128-129 now & would rather be down to 125-127Also need to work my calories & work-outs "up" so my metabolism recovers from all our traveling. Its nice to have goals. That's the worst part about maintaining... not having a goal.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday!
Old 09-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #1011
Big Yapper!

Sounds like you still have goals, Debby. Smaller goals but goals just the same. Tweaking can be a true balancing act and you are on top of it. It must be nice to be so close to your perfect weight that a few lbs makes all the difference in how you feel. I've heard it described as a roll of toilet paper (weight loss.) The closer you get to your goal (or the toilet paper roll), the more noticeable each lb gets. I know that didn't come out right, but I tried.

So glad you had an awesome day. Can't believe it's hot enough to swim up there! We were only in the 60's today. It's diving into the low 50's right now and I'm so chilly that I'm considering turning on the heat tonight! I put on some thick socks and my hands are chilly. I threw an extra blanket over me but it's not doing the trick. Might have to get toasty tonight.

UGH! There's a ThermoSpas commercial on right this minute. How a hot tub would feel great right now. I used to really enjoy mine at this time of year and during the winter.

Last edited by CherylB; 09-15-2013 at 06:41 PM..
Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #1012
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Monday Morning!
Yeah, Cheryl, I think its more the way my jeans fit... no matter what size I am, if they get tight around the waist-band - I don't like it. I feel great, really. But when my wt. went above my goal wt. (2 lbs) the waist is where it landed (I guess)? Anyway, its back down now (at goal), but it was nicer when there was a bit "more room" - Like DH said (when I asked him) I look good, just not "skinny" anymore. (I LIKE skinny)! When I was overwt I thought "I'll just wear "baggy clothes" when I get thin... but then, when I did, I didn't like how they looked... although they feel great, they look sloppy. DH doesn't like "sloppy"

I was so happy with switching to creamer & greek yogurt... but I see my face is breaking out from it. bah!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #1013
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Love your new pic!!! Beautiful!! I gain at my waistline now too And my jeans are my best accountability!! I'm lowering my carbs too, and hoping to drop some fat. Sigh. We'll always have goals. Even maintaining takes focus and commitment. But, I'd still rather do that and live healthy and happy than gain like everyone else does these days. It's worth the effort, but would be so nice not to have to think and plan.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #1014
Blabbermouth!!!

morning Debby ! Yes, I agree you look happy and healthy and isn't that what we really all want ??

Glad you had a good trip again and are enjoying the greek yogurt ! I love it You think it really broke you out ? I wonder why ?

ttyl ! Have a great day...... I slept late !!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #1015
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls,
Laura, I'm not supposed to have dairy (according to the naturapath)... have been eating my whey protein powder without too many problems, so thought the "cream" & Greek Yogurt would be ok too... maybe its just too much. I have rosacea, & that's where the intolerance seems to "show up."So, alternating it may be the key...
Old 09-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #1016
Big Yapper!

That sucks, Deb. What if you take Lactaid or something? Could be just a lactose intolerance thing. Dairy is yummo. Should be able to partake sometimes, no? I'm in a bit of a break-out myself. All around my chin for some reason. No clue why.

Wrote about my day on my journal if anyone wants to read about it. I'm pooped! Night.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #1017
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Nah, I don't get the "bloat" but my body doesn't want to tolerate it... I was allergic to dairy as a child, but we thought I outgrew it. The naturopath looks for everything that your body doesn't like / relates it to what's going wrong... adrenals. I'm going to cut down on it, try light moderation.

I was reading up on the Primal diet tonight. It sounds very much like the way I eat, only with some tweaking. I'm going to try to get closer to it tomorrow & see how I feel. I was able to find my non-dairy creamer that I like today, so that should work. Plus adding a bit of fruit when we have cases of peaches & nectarines will be a welcome change. It opens up quite a variety that I don't have now. More "natural carbs" & less my oat bran. Just hope my system can handle it.

We had quite the thunder storm last night, our trees were bending half over in the wind. It was great! And, Molly didn't seem to mind it at all, just wanted to play! Amazing!

Good night, God bless.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #1018
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Today was my attempt to do primal diet. Didn't get around to breakfast till 11:30 because of a meeting at 10 am. So it felt like I was eating too much the rest of the day, just to get my meals in by 6. (hard job, but somebody's got to do it)!
I had to work past my 4 hrs. again to get ready for the board meeting, which was tonight. It was a short & sweet meeting. because they're getting together for a 2 day board retreat this week-end.
I'm curious to see how things go with this change in my diet. I felt so full & satisfied. Loved being able to have fruit. Learning how to eat breakfast without my cereal.
It was really chilly out this morning (& all day, really) looked up, yep! Snow on the mountain tops.
Good night.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #1019
Big Yapper!

I love those kind of radical t-storms too. Aren't they exhilarating? I mean, nobody want to lose their electricity, their roof, their car, etc. But if you can just sit back in amazement and watch nature at work, it's something to behold.

A two day board retreat? Sounds intense! Is it more fun than work? Getting back to non-dairy creamer, isn't that full of artificial stuff? My late husband turned me off to non-dairy creamer. He was snooty that way. Some of his tendencies stuck with me to this day.

Snow in the mountains? Here it comes, creeping down the slopes. I hope it creeps very slowly. Though I love your cross-country skiing stories. Molly will be jazzed about those. Do you have lots of wood ready for heating? I wish I had a woodstove. I have plenty of heat here with natural gas so I'm not cold but I do love a natural flame to watch. I have a propane woodstove (vent free) but the landlady doesn't want me to use it. I think I'm going to twist her arm to let me use it on occasion. It's my damn duplex, after all.

It's after 1 here so I need to shut off this computer. Just did one last check on LCF to see what was new and so I had to reply. I hope you enjoy your venture into Paleo. Sleep tight.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #1020
Blabbermouth!!!

wow ! Snow on the mountains already ?? How nice !

primal sounds interesting. Hope you like it !