Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi friends,

Our board meeting went late last night. Then I was so "key-up" that I couldn't get to sleep till 1 am or so... that's what happens to me, too much stimulation!
Work went well, all 3 pastors there. I was pretty busy.
We're taking another trip south, to deliver our old bike to DH's BF. Decided to drive down in the truck & possibly buy a tire changer for our motorcycles.

Well, my jeans are fitting better again. Have dropped 2.2 lbs. I'm doing rotation with my calories again now, hoping to build up my calories again. I think since I ate so little on my 6 week vacation that I ran my metabolism down. That & no access to wt. training. So, that's my new project & goal. I kind of like having a goal. Sometimes in maintenance it feels like you're just doing the same old thing.

The GY day worked well, but I felt quite weak the next day. Is that normal? It could be that I was just tired from the marathon "company"... Not sure.

On our walk today, our neighbors were walking their unfriendly dogs & 2 ponies. Molly went Berserk at the dog that was charging her... not fun. I don't want her to act that way... guess its only natural, "protective reaction" to being charged by a large dog. I kept her from getting close enough though. So thankful that she comes when I call her! And I take the leash in my pouch, for emergencies... so all's well!

Hope you're doing well too!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #962
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Well that weight loss was great ! Fitting in your jeans good must make you happy
I'm not sure why you felt tired... bet it was the stress of your company being there.

Molly is doing good

Have a good night !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #963
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi there! Glad the GY went well for you. There can be rebound gain sometimes the next day. I may end up trying the calorie rotations myself soon. I am stuck on the scale and way higher than I want to be. But, I'm working on healing my metabolism. It's a slow process, but hopefully eventually it'll help me lose again . You're doing great. I'd love my jeans to be loose.
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #964
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Julie,
Yes, I was afraid to count the 2 lb. drop, so I waited till 2 days passed & it went down more. But I've been doing the 8/16 Intermittent eating for almost a week now too. So its just showing up.
The alternating calories to repair metabolism really worked for me... here's a sample of the way I used to eat when I needed to lose... Would probably work for you.
Monday & Friday 1168 /Tuesday & Sat. 1368 / Wednesday 1568/ Thursday & Sun. 1768
I just mostly manipulated my carbs for raising & lowering the calories... but then I'm different, I like the same things over & over.
Right now I'm going to alternate between 1000 & 1500, along with the 16/8 thing & work out harder to build up my muscles & return to my preferred wt. It was weird, the lbs crept on at my waist (when I just went back to my previous maintenance diet)... only takes a couple lbs. to make lumps where you don't want them. I guess not working out & loss of muscle mass had something to do with that too. Just can't get slack! Being slim feels way to good to let it go.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #965
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You won't let it go. Not a chance! Glad Molly protected you from the mean-@$$ dogs. Glad the GY dropped you on the scale and that you dropped a bit more the following day. How cool is that?

So you're driving your truck to DH's BF this time? Where does he live? How long will you be gone?
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #966
Big Yapper!

Did I forget to thank you for the Isocort link on FB? I will look into it. If it isn't something that I can't take alongside any of my other meds, I'll see about buying some.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #967
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whew! My work-week is over. It was a good one. Looking forward to getting rested up on the week-end...

You're welcome Cheryl. I hope you can find something that helps!

Yes, taking the truck (& Molly)! Will try to keep it to 5-7 days. His partner has a lot of work, and hunting season starts Sunday. So, it has to be fast. Originally he was going to take 2 bikes (with a friend driving one). But this way I can go too & if we can find one, get a tire-changing station.

Yes, I was quite pleased that the GY worked. And the intermittent (8/16) fasting is working (down another 1/4 today). I'm back in my normal zone & looking to get back "under" again, while building up my metabolism with the rotating calories. Nice to have some goals.

Yeah, I wasn't so happy about Molly protecting me. Today we saw another dog on leash (a quiet one)... and Molly started the barking! Will have to teach her not to do that... might have to go to at dog class to fix this problem! Grrr...
Old 08-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #968
Big Yapper!

Oh, crap. (Molly.) She seems like a handful compared to Shelby. I hope you can get her to be the kind of dog you want and deserve. WTG on getting back into your comfort zone with your weight.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #969
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually, she's easier than Shelby... I just complain more, I guess. Shelby was probably the more energetic of the two. Molly gets quite cuddly. She'll be fine.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #970
Big Yapper!

Well, that's good to hear!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #971
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning,

We saw a bear crossing the field this morning, its the only one we've
seen here this year! I wanted to teach Molly to bark at those, so I went out on the deck, but went too soon, because he heard me & changed directions (which is a good thing for him to do, for his sake)... I got Molly all excited & on guard, but she never got to see what it was. Maybe she'll get another chance before winter.

A few minutes ago, I went upstairs to gather the laundry from the beds, etc. from company... Molly came to see what I was doing & she noticed the buck mount on the wall (first time)! It scared her... now I don't have to worry about her coming up the stairs (we don't let her go up there). Funny she hasn't noticed it before! Its right there, on the living room wall, just up on the first level over the steps.

Better get going with my books.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #972
Big Yapper!

So funny about Molly and the buck. What kind of bear was it? Are they ever bothersome and break into homes looking for food? I think it's so cool to see creatures like that. I have been told there used to be a bear in the woods behind our property here but he must have moved on. He used to come into the back yard and trash the bird feeders but that was long before I moved here.

Sleep well, Deb.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #973
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Debby did you get to your books ?

Molly sounds like a lot of fun I think it's funny when they growl at stuff that's been there the whole time and they just noticed it ! Allie does it sometimes too

Have a wonderful night ! I'm off !!!
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #974
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there, thanks for stopping in.
Cheryl, when we lived in "bear-country" they were more of a concern. The bears here are very scared of people. Only black bears here. But there is an occasional grizzly passing through, although we've never seen one here. We're far from any fruit trees or rivers up here. Never had them break into anything. That's a Hollywood thing... although they do break in at camps when they're deserted... rarely, but sometimes. In town if people leave their garbage out a passing by bear might learn about free food & end up being destroyed.
Laura, how old is Allie? That's funny! Thanks, I did get my check-book entered & balanced.

I had a productive day. All that company laundry done & put away... cut up & froze the turkey I cooked... dangerous job! I kept nibbling on the skin & crispies... but its my "up day" for calories, so it worked for me. Also made crock-pot roast
I'm really serious about raising my metabolism. I hadn't realized how my calories were... good thing to work on.
Going to go read your blogs now, see what's new & exciting.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning peeps!
We got to sleep in this morning. Its gorgeous weather here... going to be in the 70's & sunny. Great for the long week-end.

Wt. up slightly (still in my zone though) from my "up day"... which was only 1525 cal. Just goes to show me the work I've got cut out for me, building up the metabolism again. Today's a lower cal day (1168). Have my rotation in somewhat of a different pattern here. I think it will work out better for the way my weeks go.

I'm going to have to make sure I keep my cals up on our trip. Still not totally sure when that is happening yet. Should be easier since we'll be in the truck & able to carry a cooler.

Have a good Saturday!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #976
Big Yapper!

Yea for carrying a cooler on road trips! Yea also for bears keeping their distance from humans. I hear of bears breaking into homes in Alaska. Maybe you have to be farther north of where you are to experience those delightful events. Your weather sounds delightful. We're rainy here but it will pass in a couple of days and should be nice after that. Just hope the humidity is gone when it's all said and done.

Good luck with the calorie cycling. How do you cook your turkey? Just curious. I've had a turkey in the freezer since last Thanksgiving and it really ought to get cooked. I know those things get ruined over time. I always cooked them in the oven but I know some people put them in roasting bags and supposedly they come out nice and browned. I want the skin to be crispy and not soggy, though. And it would be lovely if the skin would at least brown-up on the bottom.

Have a great day, Deb.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:38 PM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, in Grizzly country there's more problems with bears... especially Alaska!

I just put the turkey in the oven in a roasting pan... no stuffing, cook at 325 until thermometer comes out right temp. Always browns nice. No basting, no foil, no soggy. All the "tricks" people come up with for moist turkey is because they over-cook & pass the temperature they're supposed to stop at. The whole key is to take it out when its perfect. I like it crispy too!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #978
Big Yapper!

Sounds simple enough! I used to have a thermometer that you could stick inside the meat and it would remotely communicate with a hand held thing but it's not working anymore. I wish I knew why it stopped working. It worked great on the grill or in the oven. It spoiled me and makes me feel "put out" to keep opening the oven and pulling out the roasting pan to check the temps.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #979
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a beautiful day Perfect temperature (75) & sunny. We took a quick trip to town, which ended up being 2.5 hrs. Saw DS & DDIL, visited a while (she was cleaning out her pantry & gave me some stuff she didn't want). Then to town to get hunting license (opens tomorrow for bow-hunters - deer). While there, looked at the comfort bikes... the one DH been saying I need.... over $2,000 !! Yikes! No way would I use it enough to justify buying something that expensive.

I cooked up & froze 2 lbs of bacon. Made Beef Short-ribs - yum. Cooked up another pot of broccoli, vacuumed, & exercised.

We ran Molly with the quads after Dave mowed the lawn. She hates the mower & the vacuum... I was vacuuming while Dave mowed, so she hid in the basement stairwell. Poor baby.

Cheryl, I've seen those thermo's but didn't trust they'd last... I'm always suspicious of new gadgets. I use the old fashioned kind & cook all roasts by thermometer too.

Tomorrow's the first day of September... like you (Cheryl) I enjoy entering a new month too. Our season of fall will begin & with that, hunting season. I have enjoyed summer a lot (it was the best I remember here). But new seasons are beautiful too.

Good night
Old 09-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #980
Big Yapper!

Aw! Poor Molly. Sometimes there really are no good places to hide. I had to give Cissy a half tab of her storm meds last night. She was panicking and it looked like it might storm on and off through the night. A half tab is plenty for her.

Hunting season! Hubby bow hunts? My BIL loves to hunt too. He is a collector of guns and I have to assume he also has a nice bow. He has everything all responsibly stored in a large safe. I hope he can go hunting again this year. I don't know if he ever actually shoots anything. I think he just loves the idea of hunting and being out in the wilderness. I'll have to ask him if he's ever killed a deer.

It's SEPTEMBER! Can you tell that I'm happy?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #981
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi,

We went out for lunch after church, I ordered chicken wings, but when it turned out they didn't have them, the waitress didn't come tell me till 20 minutes later! It always takes forever to get an order there, meanwhile everyone else was eating their salad bar... so I didn't get anything to eat. Came home & ate at 2.

Then we went for a ride & came back & ate again before 6. Sunday's are always difficult for me to get my eating fit into... Oh well, stopped eating in time anyway. So much for my 1400 calorie plan... ended up just over 1200. O well, tomorrow's 1500 anyway.

Generally DH brings in a deer & a moose every year. Last year nil because the wolf population went crazy. Hoping the herds built up again. I really miss my moose meat. We bought grass-fed beef last year, which is the closest I could afford... buffalo would of been closest, but its too pricey.

Hope your storms quit soon. Poor pooch...

Have a good one!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #982
Big Yapper!

Oh, that sucks! It took her 20 minutes to tell you they didn't have what you ordered? I would have scalped that woman. Why couldn't you eat a salad with the rest of them? I'm sorry things turned out the way they did for you.

Where do you store all your meat from the hunt? I had a buffalo burger once or maybe it was moose. Too far back to remember accurately. I don't have much experience with gamey meats. They must be so much better for you, since they ate things that were natural for them and they are totally organic. I hope he gets one of each this year.

Goodnight and I hope tomorrow goes more according to plan. PS: Cissy was fine today. No storms, just a little rumbling in the distance earlier when I was outside doing poop patrol. It never rained but it was sticky, nasty air.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

$13 bucks for salad.. the only meats available with salad bar are loaded with cyclamate, which I can't have, the rest is full of gluten. I prefer eating my veggies with meat, so opted to eat at home.
Our moose & deer don't taste gamey. If its cleaned properly & right away it doesn't get gamey. I hope he gets both too... thanks.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #984
Big Yapper!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #985
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Labor Day! Hope y'all are having fun with your families!
I get another day off at home LOVE those! I'll probably work on getting ready for that & a few other projects... like my hair color
DH is trying to get a project finished, so he's working today. We're taking a quick trip down south at the end of the week, so he's got to get it done.

Doing another GY day, since I bought enough for it last week. The wt did stay off & I'd like to get down 3 more lbs. Avoided the "extra" magnesium that I usually take, so will see how my stomach does this time.

Molly's off food again, today's the second day. It coincides with the cows coming back... obviously cow pies are not agreeing with her. I'm thankful that I have the anti-nausea pills left over & she's drinking water this time. So, hoping heavy supervision (keeping her from eating more), & meds will get us through this without a vet trip.

Have a blessed day!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #986
Big Yapper!

Oh, gross! My dog rolls in wild animal doo-doo but doesn't make a habit of eating large amounts of it. Thank the Lord, she has no interest in Canada Geese poop cause that stuff's EVERYWHERE up at the pond. I hope Molly learns her lesson and figures out there are better things to eat.

I'm glad the GYCD's are working for you. I think it's funny that they work. Doesn't it seem odd? I've never done one but it's cool that they are well-regarded and can be used in an emergency. Glad the 3 lbs stayed off.

Have a lovely night.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh, gross! My dog rolls in wild animal doo-doo but doesn't make a habit of eating large amounts of it. Thank the Lord, she has no interest in Canada Geese poop cause that stuff's EVERYWHERE up at the pond. I hope Molly learns her lesson and figures out there are better things to eat.

I'm glad the GYCD's are working for you. I think it's funny that they work. Doesn't it seem odd? I've never done one but it's cool that they are well-regarded and can be used in an emergency. Glad the 3 lbs stayed off.

Have a lovely night.
You're right about that, it is funny that it works. Extremely high in fat, and for me, more calories then I can get away with eating... My last tub of the stuff was all separated... tough! I'm too far into the day to not finish it. So having to eat it even though its a little yucky.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #988
Big Yapper!

Hope it works the same as before it got nasty. Have a good night. I'm going to find a way to get to sleep at a decent time tonight if it kills me.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there!
Molly's eating little bits now. I'm keeping her confined away from the pies On our walk she started to pick up a few, but I got her to drop it... & stopped her going to check more out... hopefully she'll get the idea!
Besides working, I went shopping, did laundry, cooked my zucchini & mushrooms, did my work-out.
Trying to up my cals for the rotation today. Hope I can!
Its really warm here today, for a change. Nice!
Have a good evening!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #990
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you had a nice day. You should really look into buying one of those remote shock collars so that whenever you catch her eating the pies, you can give her just a short and quick correction. She'll associate the discomfort with the poop and soon you won't need to use it anymore. Just a thought. Don't want her to get sick and don't want you to always be on the look-out for her to be getting into it.

It was cool here and the humidity fell somewhat. It came back up as the night moved in but that's to be expected with the dew point and all that nonsense. I am loving the changes in season that I can already see!

Thanks for the link to the sermon on FB. I listened to it. He's your pastor? Nice that you can access past sermons on the internet. I was talking with the program director at the farm today and we were discussing health issues and being stuck in our lives. She's a Reiki Master and she believes in Chakras and all that energy stuff. I'm not sure how much of that I personally believe but the theories are very intriguing. Lots of food for thought. Never any shortage of that.

Sweet dreams. I'm off work tomorrow. Going to get my blood drawn and my hair cut. Still unsure how I will have her cut it but it needs to be done. My bangs are too long and I have resisted trimming them myself so the hairstylist will have more options.