Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #931
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Wow, honey. I have been missing a lot of stuff over here. Been so busy. Spent the day at my sister's house to help with her tag sale. Upsetting in a way but I'll talk about it tomorrow. I'm so tired. Not accustomed to being "conscious" at 0800 and then still awake at 2300. Long damn day.

You've been kicking some serious tail cleaning your house! I will need to channel some of that energy here at my home, pronto. Night. Love yous! Promise to be more attentive soon.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #932
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
I had a scare this morning... the big wt. moved off the 100 spot & so it showed a 5 lb. gain!! What a relief it was to find the wt. out of slot! I must of bumped it when I was dusting it yesterday.
It sure is a good feeling having a clean house. Now to have some kind of "enjoyment" for my last day off.

Have a good one!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #933
Big Yapper!

Yikes! So glad it was just a bump on the wt. and not a bump up on the scale. I think you are rocking the maintenance and are so committed to keeping it off and staying fit that you are probably set for the rest of your life. WTG, Debbie!

Have a great day and enjoy that clean house. I'm going to make mine sparkle this week. I have lots of company coming on September 1st for a picnic (Labor Day weekend) and the quicker I clean the house, the longer I have to just enjoy it myself. So that is what I intend to do.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #934
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Doing ok Debby ? I'm through with work ! That was a busy busy week ! Yesterday was the best one

Enjoy your clean house ! Off to the eye dr this afternoon to see if I can get contacts again
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #935
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I had a scare this morning... the big wt. moved off the 100 spot & so it showed a 5 lb. gain!! What a relief it was to find the wt. out of slot! I must of bumped it when I was dusting it yesterday.
It sure is a good feeling having a clean house. Now to have some kind of "enjoyment" for my last day off.

Have a good one!
That's the fastest weight loss I've ever heard of . Enjoy the clean house! I need to be better abotu it. Working on it .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #936
Big Yapper!

Hey, ladies! Just checking in. Hope all is well tonight.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #937
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends!
Sorry I've been MIA. Company arrived last night, kept me busy from afternoon till I left for work this morning. They're very nice people, enjoyable to have. I got to take my walk with the wife, so that was good!
They left this morning, & will be back again either Thursday or Friday for a couple day stay next time. Things went well. Hopefully I'll be recuperated by then. I'm just feeling worn out from the marathon cleaning week-end. I've been grouchy & then feeling guilty for being grouchy... Do feel better tonight, now that "normality" has returned.

MIL is back home & very happy about it. She's determined to "stay" home... doing her exercises & proud of herself.

Oh, contacts Laura! Hope that you're happy with them. Glad you're off work now too.

Cheryl, bite off little projects toward "cleaning" in little chunks, so it doesn't have to all be done right at the last 2 days (like me)... its been really hard on my mood. I usually do it gradually, and its much better that way... now to "keep it up"... so it doesn't have to all be done like that again.

I bought another kindle book... Woman, Who Are You Exemplifying In Your Character? Not feeling too good about my "character" after being so grumpy... should be a good focus.

Have a good evening
Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #938
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful about your MIL, Debby. I hope she stays focused and motivated. I guess this little scare has worked in her favor. Thanks for the tips on how to get the cleaning done. Very good advice and I will try to do as you suggest. I still haven't begun. But I will! I have no choice. And now I have three whole days off together and that's my best chance to put a real dent in it.

I'm sorry you've been a grouch. At least you know what made it happen and can do things differently next time. Like you said, much easier to keep things up than to try and regain a clean house after letting it get out of hand.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and that they are coming back for a few more days. How's Molly doing? Still herding the other dog? Are the cows shaking in their boots? Molly must be growing by leaps and bounds now. (Literally!)

My little Cissy looks like her eye ulcer might be healing!!! After all this time, it might actually be happening. We're going back to the Vet for a follow-up on Thursday so we'll see what they say. Cross your fingers! Maybe the Vet was right to just do what she did during that procedure.

That's the name of the kindle book you bought? Don't be so hard on yourself! We are women and we have stress and when we put things off until the last minute, we boil over like a pot on the stove. Christian or not, we are human. It's not a character flaw, it's hormones and stress.

Have a good night and do something relaxing. Go for a ride! That would set you straight in a hurry.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #939
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
for your comforting words. The devotional book is:
"Woman, Who Are You Exemplifying In Your Character?"
I'll let you know if its good.

Bella went home last night. DS came & picked her up right at dinner time. We didn't get to hear much about his vacation, but a little. Sounds like they had lots of fun at the water park.

Molly had a set-back night before last, when DH took the dogs for a quad run. He didn't enforce any of the things I've taught her, so I had to start over at square 1 with the "herding" thing... that's one of the things I got grouchy over. With the company here, she gets so excited & harder to "get through to her"... So, we had to work hard on it today too. She absolutely "loves" herding anything & everything... so give her a chance to do it & she doesn't want to stop. (so disappointing to me, because she had pretty much stopped it)!

OK... now dh understands his mistake & I am making headway with Molly again. God will "refine" my character & we will chalk it up to "learning."

I took Molly in for her last booster today. She did really well there. The vet is always so impressed by how well behaved she is, even when getting things poked in her ears. She met a little boy & lady there & a few people at church today without jumping all over them. But I'm restraining her with a leash.

Yesterday she did well with the guests & our GS. GS actually played with her for about 10 minutes with her chew rope, & then pet her letting her lick him & giggling. That's progress because these G-kiddo's don't like dogs to touch them with their nose or tongue... & she didn't jump on him. And I was busy cooking, so did no restraining her. PTL.

OK. Now I've gone on & on about Molly. Thanks for asking!

Last edited by DebbyL; 08-20-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #940
Big Yapper!

Aw! It must be difficult to train a dog not to do something they've been bred to do. Be patient with her (and your husband) and just give her short training sessions with rewards that follow the right behavior. Sounds good that she is doing better with the kids. That's when dogs can really "lose it." They pick up on the excitement and energy of the kids and they can get wild. God bless her and you!

So her ear thing is resolving? She's had a rough start to her life. It will get better. And thanks for all the encouragement and support over my weight gain. I do appreciate it.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 AM   #941
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you posted Debby ! I understand the grumpies too DH's brother is here and they were rained out yesterday so I woke up to DH, BIL and DS all here and bummed out. Very depressing. I don't like having company too much either...... kind of stresses me out ! Don't know why

MIL is home ! PTL ! I hope she does very well and can safely remain in her home for a long time. I know that makes you and your DH happy.

Molly is really a smart girl ! I just love that your family is bonding so well with her and she will get the "herding " issue settled soon .

Sorry the cleaning stressed you . I worked those 7 so all BIL got was clean sheets He prob didn't notice. He's not a clean freak like my DH at all. Just the opposite !

Got my contacts !! Yay ! I will be able to see when snorkeling ! ( I tried them a few years ago and got terrible headaches, but I had them for about 15 yrs before that ) Hope they will work for me !
Old 08-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #942
Big Yapper!

Yea!! Being able to see stuff is so nice! I took it for granted when I had perfect vision. Not anymore! Do you need correction for near and for distance or are the contacts just to keep you from needing reading glasses?

Sorry you have a house full of guests. I don't like having company either, for the same reason. I can't relax. I'm always on a certain "edge" the whole time.

Debby, I hope you have a great day and are in a better mood.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #943
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks ladies,
I am doing much better & am determined to have a better attitude about it all when I have to do it again... that - or hire someone! I will definitely enjoy our company more when they return...
Molly is doing better... DH is doing better too. He had to stop her from herding the truck as he left for work today ... a little object lesson to reinforce what I told him! Anyway, when I drove out this morning... only one "no!" to stop her... then the quad run... took 4 reminders (through-out)... so she's getting back on track... she really got into "racing" the quad today, made me drive faster then I wanted to go all the while, whooping it up, telling her how fast she is

DH worked late tonight... I BBQ'd pork chops & they burned really bad... scraped & actually "washed" them off! We ate them... probably not the most healthy for us.

All the great discussion that we have been having has been very good for me. I actually did my flex-force again today. I haven't been using it because of my inflamed wrist tendon which refuses to heal... but I decided to do the ab & waist work-out, to go with the elliptical. Felt very good & I must say, it helped my appetite I was not near as "snacky" as I have been lately at this time of night. By George... we may be on to something!

Hope everyone has a great night's sleep!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #944
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby's feeling better !

Dh's helping "train" Molly too !

So neat that all the "girls" talking is helping ....... I know I come here for everyone's insight and comments. So inspiring overall

hope you slept well

Julie and Cheryl !!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #945
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
Well, with last week's set-back in mood, my wt. has slipped up a notch (3lbs). I'm thinking it is my meds aren't balanced, so working on that. At the same time, have been doing some research for maintenance & losing wt. when it bounces.
I decided to do the 16 hr / 8 hr applied to "my diet". It wasn't that hard to wait till 10:00 to eat breakfast. I'm also cutting my calories back & going to rotate between 1000 & 1300, keeping to clean carbs only & high protein & fat. Found a few formula's for thyroid & losing wt. & maintaining. They say that hypothyroid people require 200 calories less than someone who doesn't have it. That may be part of the problem, because I've been eating 1500 calories. However, I've been getting other symptoms related to over-medicating, so am making that cut-back too.
I took half my walk before breakfast (suggested), & the other half after my snack (at usual time). It certainly warmed me up & perked me up. I'll let you know how it works out.

Day to myself today, got lots of little things I've been wanting to do done...
  • tried out the eyebrow dye & it worked! Too scary to use on the eyelashes though.
  • trimmed my hair
  • made home-made laundry detergent
  • made more mayonnaise
  • cooked my cabbage
  • ground up a bag of almonds
  • bathed Molly
  • organized bank stuff & pd. bills online
  • cleaned floors & bathroom
My company is expected back today, I have no idea when, but I've got a roast in the oven.

Now I'm sitting back, enjoying R & R after my flex work-out.

Last edited by DebbyL; 08-23-2013 at 04:18 PM..
Old 08-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #946
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, let us know how you do ! The 8 hr window seems do-able right ? I didn't realize you kept your calories so low... you count them everyday ?

Boy , you got a lot of stuff done today ! wow !!

House to ourselves for tonight and tomorrow. DS1 goes back to work Mon am so he will be here Sun night.

How long will your company stay this time ? Hope it's a more relaxed visit for you

I didn't do a darn thing today . Just being a bum. I hate that ;/ What a waste ! Will have to do the shopping tomorrow. Kinda wish DH would stay here so I can take my time . Is that terrible ??

Nope, not gonna buy bigger shorts !! They button and zip , just tighter than i want. That will remind me not to eat junk even more !

Have a good evening Deb !
Old 08-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #947
Big Yapper!

Just getting caught up on everyone's journals. You got a lot done the other day! I'd like to know more about that eyebrow dye stuff. I could use that!
Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Girlsl!
Eyebrow dye: google: Swiss O.par Its great stuff & really does work. I previously bought some in container like mascara last... didn't work AT ALL Gave up & then saw this stuff. Its expensive but will last for years. It was great to wake up & see my dark eyebrows still there this morning.

Well, the Intermittent Fasting thing (+ lowering calories) worked great for me yesterday. This morning I was down 1.5 lbs. Going for it again today. Its really easy & since it recommends exercising before you eat, its been good for Molly to have 2 half-walks... makes her happy. Course my days off will work the best for that... work-days are not going to work for that.

Company will most likely leave tomorrow. They all just left to go quad-ing. If they make it back in time, they're going to take us out for dinner (because I have until 6:30 to eat). I chose Chinese

I'm going to go see a mentally challenged friend from our church that just had her hip replaced & then do some shopping.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #949
Big Yapper!

Nice drop on the scale! So nice of you to go visit your church friend. I'm sure it will mean a lot. Just curious. What do you eat at a Chinese restaurant? I love all the wrong things, like Crab Rangoons and egg rolls.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #950
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad I went to see her. She got me confused with someone else, I think maybe she's medicated or something. But it made her day. Pretty lonely in the hospital.

We didn't end up going out. They were too late. When I go to Chinese, I order a side order of Beef Broccoli stir fry, no rice. Its yummy! Kind of messes with everyone ordering something to to share... cuz I can't eat anything they order, so I don't share...not that anyone wants what I eat anyway! I think egg foo young is another option, but I have to know what they're using in it & can't have the sauce.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #951
Big Yapper!

Mmm! That does sound good. Way to keep it all for yourself. Sleep well, Debby.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #952
Blabbermouth!!!

morning !

WTG on the beef/broccoli ~~ that's usually what i order too..... Yummy

so sweet of you to go visit her . You really are a nice person
Old 08-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #953
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah thanks Laura, she's the really nice person! So caring & such a sweet disposition & simple mind.

Busy evening last night & day for us. Our company left after we left for church. Picked up the kiddo's & went to church. They came home with us & we had lunch. Played games & went on the quad. The two little ones with me as we ran Molly. They loved that. Took 'em home & visited with DIL for a little while... full day!

So nice to relax now. Hope y'all have a great evening!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #954
Big Yapper!

I agree with you, Laura.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #955
Blabbermouth!!!

yep, she may be nice, but you are a special person Debby. Even though we don't see you or get to be around you ....... you still have that wonderful peaceful spirit that comes through
Old 08-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #956
Blabbermouth!!!

sounds like a wonderful Sunday with the kiddos ! I bet they were giggling the whole time Molly was running with y'all !
Old 08-25-2013, 07:54 PM   #957
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks friends

Yes, they were laughing & giggling... littlest one kept saying "I want Molly to be my dog." So cute.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It was a good Monday. I do love my job!
Today I decided to try the Greek Yogurt correction day. Its kind of a "treat" to eat that stuff, but it doesn't really feel that great in my stomach. I am consuming more than usual calories & tons more fat. It will be interesting to see if it works for me.
I took Molly for her walk (as usual) & she did a "Shelby"... killed a mouse in the tall grass. Amazing how she can hear them!

I'm back to doing my flex-force & push-ups, and now I've added the plank & superman exercise... man, they're challenging!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #959
Big Yapper!

That's great, Debby. I'm glad that Molly can hunt and snag those mice. That will help give her a job to do that doesn't involve herding. I hope you find that the GY helps on the scale. Sorry your tummy isn't feeling so good. Goodnight.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #960
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
It is funny how they naturally do things. My DH feels sorry for the innocent mice.
I'm sure happy to be back on regular food again! But that GY sure "cleaned me out"! If nothing else... Will see how it averages out.
It poured down rain today. Everything is turning green again! But it is getting colder every morning, so really feels more like fall.
We have a church board meeting tonight. Hope it goes well & fast!
Hope you all had a great day!