Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #901
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Nice work on puppy boot camp! Smart dogs need to be challenged or they will become challenging for their owners. I know you know all about that breed. Sorry to hear MIL is progressing slower than expected. I hope she strengthens and gets motivated, if she isn't that motivated yet.

WTG on the housekeeping, too. My Mom used to cook bacon up in big batches and then keep them in the fridge for use in sandwiches. Since I nuke mine, I don't see much point in that. That's so nice of your friend to make things that you could eat. Sign of a good friend for sure.

Have a nice day. Stay cool!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #902
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Wow ! She's one smart dog ! Love that ! Allie will do all the commands we taught her as a puppy, except COME to us .....she only does that when she wants to ! Frustrating, but she is the QUEEN of our castle and she knows it !

Good for MIL ! It's hard at that age !

Sounds like you are working hard today.....

I walked my road and doing some laundry , will go outside for sun later if the sun comes out.

Have a good weekend !

Oh almost forgot ! We are in South Texas ......1/2 way in between Houston and Corpus . About 15 minutes from the bay that leads into the Gulf of Mexico .

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi girls,

Ah ha Laura! You live close to where they are from - Houston! Small world, huh?

That was the extent of my "work" for the day. Did ride the bicycle & elliptical for exercise. Had a wonderful steak & cabbage salad for dinner.

Didn't do much in the way of training today, just reinforcement.

Repeating what I posted on Laura's wall... DH just got back a bit over an hour ago... he was stung in the temple by a bee or wasp... not sure. It got in his helmet. He wasn't getting any reaction, except a localized headache, but its swelling now & a bit itchy. I'm keeping a close watch on him, he had a reaction to a sting years ago when he got stung in the jugular... that was scarey. Praying he's going to be fine.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #904
Blabbermouth!!!

yep small world
Old 08-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #905
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Oh almost forgot ! We are in South Texas ......1/2 way in between Houston and Corpus . About 15 minutes from the bay that leads into the Gulf of Mexico .
I never pictured you being near the Gulf when you said "the middle of nowhere Texas." Nice to get a notion of where you are! Knowing TX, it gives me a warm feeling inside knowing you.

Debby, I commented on the sting over on Laura's journal. I hope he's doing much better today. Was he riding his bike the time he got stung in the jugular too? Good Lord!

Last edited by CherylB; 08-11-2013 at 09:40 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls,
God protected dh & he's fine His eye is quite swollen, too much to go to church & have "everyone" asking... & joking that I hit him
So we enjoyed watching "Church of the Rock" for our church service. I'm continuing on, listening to more of them, whilst surfing..
Yes Cheryl, the jugular sting was on the motorcycle too. Very easy to happen.
Have a good Sunday!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #907
Big Yapper!

Wow. Imagine what those who ride without helmets encounter as they are touring around.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #908
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks Cheryl ! I say the middle of nowhere cause we live over an hour in each direction to a mall or major store.....2 hrs from some...

we live in a small town - we live about 2 miles from the little town. There is a blinking light 2 convenience stores, 1 small tiny bank, a beer joint, ...............you get the idea.

I grew up in Houston until I was almost 15 so I kinda go stir crazy ..

my boys loved growing up here though
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #909
Blabbermouth!!!

so glad he's ok Debby !!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #910
Big Yapper!

I'm glad too, Debby. I hope he continues to feel better and his swelling goes down fast.

Laura, that really does sound like the middle of nowhere! Where is the hospital you work at? And what is the census there on any given day?
Old 08-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #911
Blabbermouth!!!

DH says around 1200 ~` I doubt that .

Work is 40 miles ( one way ) to the south towards Corpus !
Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #912
Big Yapper!

Wow! What a commute six days in a row. God bless you! What do you do to keep your mind entertained in the car day in and day out? Some enjoy books on tape so I'm just curious if you "rock out" or do something more structured.

Going to bed now. Hugs to all of you!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #913
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last night (12 am) I woke to the sound of water falling. Got up & discovered the toilet upstairs (guest room) had disconnected & was running full-blast. noway We spent the next hour mopping it up & setting up the blowers. I couldn't sleep with all the noise, so finally lowered the speed of the one on our floor. Things have dried out pretty well. Just one place where its still showing moisture from the moisture reader... so still blowing. Very thankful the wood floor made it! Did 4 loads of towels, which we used to sop up the water. They're drying also. (I hang my stuff to dry).

SIL just called & said they won't be coming. They'd planned to come on the 19th. Too close to when MIL is getting out of the rehab center. Next year, they say. huh

I've been working into bicycle riding... to the end of the driveway & back. Yesterday I did it twice, back to back... today my butt is sore! So I did it only once today with the two dogs (watching DS's dog). They enjoyed that, Molly herding Bella. Bella was putting Molly in her place, but has now just started lagging behind... Molly wins. This should work wonders on Bella's "diet" - DIL's hoping Bella slims down while here. Their neighbor feeds & walks her!!! Same as DD's neighbor feeds & walks their dog. Those golden retrievers have a way of winning the neighbor's hearts over I guess.
We took them for a run with the quad... Molly tormented/herded Bella the whole way. She was having a blast! (Bella - not so much)... but did love the run.

Town day, stocked up my veggies & cooked half a cabbage & some broccoli & chicken thighs this afternoon... stocks were getting low.

Have a good evening. I'm sure looking forward to a good night's sleep!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #914
Blabbermouth!!!

Sleep well Debby ........sore butt is no fun ! lol !

night !
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #915
Big Yapper!

Oh no! How on earth did that happen? You poor thing! I feel exhaustion just thinking of you toweling up all that water and cleaning up the mess. Good Lord, my friend! And now your SIL isn't coming? I know that makes you sad.

Okay. So I still don't understand the comment you made on Laura's journal about not having your stuff around you. ??
Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The hose feeding the toilet got loose. DH replaced it today with a skookum, one & replaced the ceiling tiles today. Clean-up is going well. I've got most the towels dry & put away. Still two racks full drying though. Who knew we had so many towels!

Washed upstairs sheets. Have to get ready for motorcycle friends coming on Monday. Have the sheets hanging on all the rails & chairs.

Yes, disappointed that SIL is not coming. I suspected that this would happen, considering the circumstances. But our other friends will still come on that day, so we'll still have company.

Molly's sure getting her exercise having Bella here to play with. If the day comes that we can't keep up with her, will have to get her a pet dog to play with!

Hope y'all had a good day!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #917
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby I meant to say that sounds like a lot of work cleaning up all that. Just got sidetracked I guess !

You don't dry your towels and sheets ? What about your clothes ? I would be lost if I had to dry them all "naturally" lol !

How come SIL isn't coming ?

Day 1 was great. Just ran to Walmart after work ....crazy I know . Fixing to hit the hay

Night !
Old 08-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, it was especially since the hardest part happened at midnight, in the middle of our sleep.

I have a dryer, just so expensive to use. (ovens & dryers use a lot of electricity). I'm very frugal.

SIL called & said they won't be coming. They'd planned to come on the 19th. Too close to when MIL is getting out of the rehab center. Next year, they say.

Wow, it would be great to run to walmart! But is it far away? We don't have one here.

Happily - I had a good night's sleep.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #919
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh that's right debby I remember now.... It was late and I forgot !

Yes, where I work, I pass the Walmart on the way out of town. And there's hardly anyone there at midnight/1 am ~~ DH hates me going by myself. but, it's too good to pass up when it's empty and I only need a few things

Good sleep ~ woohoo !! Have a great day !
Old 08-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #920
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you had a better night, Debby. I use my clothes dryer frequently and 2 window a/c units and fans all over the house and my summertime monthly electric bill is under $40. What is your electric bill?

Laura, you get out of work around 11? I thought you worked 12 hour shifts. That would be an odd time to leave work if they are split into 12's. Leave it to my feeble brain.

OMG! It's so amazingly beautiful here today. Just under 70 degrees, low humidity, breezy, sunny and far more like Fall than August. I was feeling like the worst of summer was behind us when we went from July (the July from hell) into August. I'm so glad I'm finally right!

Have a great day, ladies.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #921
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Everything costs more in Canada. Because we sell power to the States, we pay higher than you do... Last bill was $75 for one month. But that is summer & one of the lower ones. In comparison to my DS's bill, its half of what theirs is... (they use the dryer & oven liberally, plus the kids leave the lights on all the time, though DSI is trying to teach them).

So happy for you to have a beautiful weather day! enjoy!
Old 08-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #922
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's some pics of Molly herding Bella on our walk.
http://t.co/cewYY0OJRS
http://t.co/oGQluyEMA1
http://t.co/QDKDl1UO9N
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #923
Big Yapper!

That dog needs some sheep or something! Cute pics.

That's a high power bill. That makes no sense to me that it would be more costly for you when it's coming from Canada and being sold to the States. Shouldn't it be cheaper to the areas near the source? I'll never understand the way this world operates. Come Lord Jesus!

It was indeed a lovely day. I took Cissy for a walk down to the water wheel in town (a historic site) and showed her the river that runs past it, then we turned back around and went home. Not even a mile but it was a nice thing to take her for a walk and the perfect day to do it.

I'm starting to feel inspired to get moving again, now that I know that summer's days are numbered. What a relief! I can't tell you how that makes me feel.

Goodnight, cutie. Sleep tight.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, she needs something!

Yeah, our govt. does that to us on the gasoline that comes from our country too. Cheaper in the states where we sell it to them... Everything is more expensive here, but then, the wages are higher too.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #925
Blabbermouth!!!

You gals wouldn't like our light bill at all !! A few yrs ago it was $400 every month for over a yr ~~ we changed providers and it went to $230 and it runs from 150-250 now depending on the seasons. It's summer 9 months out of the year of course....or more !

We dry everything except sleeping bags and comforters ! We are getting better about turning off lights now that boys don't live here anymore.

Hope you have a great day Debby ! Day 2 was super busy at the end and we got out bu**s kicked ! I was pooped and didn't get home till right at 2am ~~

ttyl !
Old 08-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Laura! That's horrible!

We enjoyed a delicious pork roast - reheated tonight... love the fat! Very confusing to DH that I'm now eating fat!

I worked with Molly, stopped her from herding Bella today. I got concerned this morning when she started herding the van on her run this morning... nipped that in the bud & backed it up by stopping her herding efforts on our walk. She is doing really well too, proud of her. I also took her to the mailbox at work without a leash, making her heel & stopping at the road to sit, both ways. She was a trooper. I've kept her on a chain in the office when there's anyone else around, so that she doesn't greet & do her "submissive pee." Today my Pastor came in & talked to her, she just rolled over to get him to rub her tummy... no pee! So, all in all I'm happy with her now, rather then "worried" as I was feeling this morning.
Cheryl, how's Cisco's wound? Is it healing now? Hope so!
Have a great evening everyone!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rainy day here, my day off. Had to use it to get ready for company. I vacuumed, dusted, washed the two rooms upstairs. Made up the beds & decided I had better wash the quilts (bed in a bag)... they smelled kind of dusty... so now they're drying on the rails. I still need to fine-clean the other two floors... I hate housework Makes me want to "sleep & snack."

Enjoyed walking the dogs when it cleared up & got sunny. Molly didn't herd Bella today. But Bella played with Molly on the walk & really romped her. Seemed like "normal" dog play today. I had to give Molly another bath (just her feet). They went to the pond again. Also had to correct her from digging... fortunately I had some "stay out of my garden" spray. Put the dirt back in, spraying each layer with that.... she hasn't touched it since. too much time unattended, & she gets herself into more trouble.

We had BBQ burgers for dinner.
Hope y'all have a good night
Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #928
Blabbermouth!!!

I understand about the housework ! Good that you are having company though !

Sounds like the dogs are doing good ! That's great, they will entertain each other and keep Molly out of trouble

Good night at work. Hope your night was good too ! ttyl !
Old 08-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #929
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah... thanks. Wish there was a way to enjoy it.

The playing & exercising is good, but Bella's not a good babysitter... Molly gets into more trouble with Bella here. Two more days & we'll be back to normal on that.

Another cloudy/drizzly day. Slept in.

Have a good one!

TTYL
Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, today was quite the day.
Decided to start with "St. John's wort"... It really helped. Had to take more after lunch, to keep going, but much better day today.
I scrubbed all walls, window-sills, cupboards... cleaned 2 carpets, 2 bathrooms, vacuumed both stories of the house... plus... plus... ... dh cleaned the garage & put the ceilings back together (from the flood). Anyway, the house is "presentable" now... the way dust adds up in a house that uses wood for heat is just not fair!
And my eating didn't get out of hand, nor did I take a nap... I'm counting the 8 hrs of cleaning as exercise.
I took the dogs for a quad-run & had to do some re-enforcing of Molly's no-herding lessons for running Bella with the quad. She got it. Ended up "racing" me in the end... poor Bella, couldn't keep up.
Hope y'all had good days!

Last edited by DebbyL; 08-17-2013 at 07:06 PM..