Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #841
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
But she'll get that creepy feeling from the oil dripping (or oozing) down inside her ear and it will make her scratch it more. If you use the oil, only use it on the cotton pads and wipe it directly. Otherwise the poor little girl is going to go nuts. I know it would drive me bananas!
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #842
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
The way I do it, cotton ball, its not "running"... I rub her ear around & also wipe the outer ear fur with t-p & rub. It stops her itching it for a 6-8 hrs. I know its bringing her relief, but hope its not interfering with the medication which can only be used every 48 hrs.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:19 PM   #843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The kiddo's came for lunch (Chinese soup & Quesadillas). They loaded up the canoe & are off to the lake. Molly did really well with the kids this time.

I'll probably have a nice little nap later & do some bicycling again today. I do have a pain between my should-blades, but the lower back is fine after riding more yesterday. Hoping to get the muscles built up so I can go further & longer. If so, then I'll probably buy a 'comfort' bike.

Hope y'all are having a great Sunday!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #844
Big Yapper!

I could have sworn I replied to your other post about using the cotton balls with oil. I wonder if you said it on my journal too and that's where I replied? I'm glad that it seems to help with her itching, I just hope (like you said) that it doesn't interfere with the medication.

Sounds like you had a pretty idyllic day with the family! Happy for all of you. WTG with your persistence with the biking. Glad it seems less uncomfortable now. KUTGW! I want to be like you when I grow up. No, really.

Sleep tight, whether you had a nap today or not. I would have LOVED a nap, but not today. My day was chock full of stuff. Tomorrow I will be back to my normal life. (GOD WILLING. Always need to say that, because I know things can happen. So God, please be willing.)

Oh, PS: My car is making a weird noise now. I can't take another big repair bill two months in a row. I wish car insurance was like medical insurance. Why doesn't all the years of paying for car insurance and having no claims give you some sort of help with repairs!? Just seems so unjust. I know the Mafia is behind all things insurance nowadays. I just know it.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends,
It was a busy Monday. I work alone on Mondays, but today had lots of visitors.
I took Molly to the vet to get better mite medicine (she's been scratching her ear sore). They looked at it & sold me meds for fungus! Happy I went in, as the mite meds were irritating it & the oil just soothing the itch, but it wouldn't have got better. The new meds should help in 2 days, she said. If not, I'm to call again on Saturday. It's oily so, so far she's not itching, also has cortisone in it. Hope it works fast, as it seems like she's not feeling well... but it could be my imagination.
We had an awesome baptismal service Sunday, 5 young ladies & lots of testimonies, I love it! Now I've got to figure out how to let the water out of the tank... using a ball as a plug & its not attached.
Shopping today & bank... did bicycle with Molly/ getting stronger on the bike.
Cheryl, sorry your car is acting up again. Maybe its the cheap gas?
Be blessed!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #846
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hey Debby ! Sounds good that you had visitors at work So glad you finally got something that will make Molly feel better.....poor baby !

5 baptisms on one Sunday ?? wow ! God is Good
Let us know what you come up with on getting the water out ! haha !

WTG on the bike too..... man, wish I could ride one . That's great for you .

Have a good night sweetie !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:58 PM   #847
Blabbermouth!!!

Don't remember if I asked you why you stopped the chia seeds ? I am loving them !! Did they upset your stomach ?
Old 07-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #848
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Laura,
I'm still trying to remember to eat them...They're supposed to be super good for thyroid.
If I eat them in the morning they make me ill, like taking a multi-vitamin on an empty stomach. But in the afternoon they're fine... not to eat, tried drinking them like you, they don't fill me up like they do you... how much do you have at one time? I only do 1 TBS.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #849
Blabbermouth!!!

That's about how much I do. I put them in Almond Milk ( which I don't even like ) with cocoa pwd, protein pwd ( that might be what keeps me full ) , and a little splenda . It makes about 1 - 1 1/2 cups and I let it sit in fridge about 30 min -1 hr and it's good.

I just wondered .........
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #850
Big Yapper!

That's a lot of baptisms for one day! Glad it was so awesome for all of you.

So does Molly have mites or a fungus in her ears? I'm confused. I hope whatever she's got is now being treated correctly. Poor little darling! Life is tough right from the start, sometimes. Cisco had a serious illness that I thought was going to take her life before she was 2 months old. She was admitted to the hospital and they started her on IV fluid and stuff and it just ran its course. She tested negative for everything they tested for. I should have known right then and there that we were soul mates. ()

Another long day. I wrote about it and now it's time for bed. I hope Cisco doesn't wake me tomorrow am. I want to sleep until I'm done sleeping. I'm running behind and now I need to catch up. Have a lovely Tuesday, if I don't talk with you again until tomorrow night.

Hey, Laura! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Another year come and gone.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah wow Laura! No wonder it fills you up. I mixed min in 1/2 cup water flavored with lemon & drank immediately, letting it do its blowing up in my tummy.
Yes Cheryl, the vet & her assistant both thought it was a fungus, took a swab & it tested as such. So it should be the right treatment. Yes, Shelby also went through a life-threatening situation at this age too. Made it through that one. Hope Cisco sleeps well & late for you tomorrow too.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #852
Big Yapper!

Well I'm glad they are treating it with the right stuff now. And Cisco DID let me sleep. I'm all caught up now. I know because my eyes are no longer burning. I was taking my chia seeds daily when I was taking care of myself and trying to drop weight. I would take 1 T and put it in 8 oz of either cold water or the same amount of a Gatorade type stuff (used that if I was working that day.) It clumped more in the water but either way I did it, I let it sit for a minimum of 15 minutes then drink it down. I like it enough to buy two more bags. Just need to start getting back on track again.

Have a nice day, ladies. Feel better, Molly!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:36 PM   #853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, if having ear trouble isn't enough, Molly got attacked by a bunch of wasps last night. Several stings... was breathing really hard, so I got scared & called the emerg. vet. Gave her half a benydrl. She is fine, but I kind of messed my adrenals up again, getting scared about it.
Today's been a harder day. Kind of feeling "down" for no reason & hungry... so... one step at a time, gotta keep on trucking.
DH's mother is in hospital last 2 days, they're trying to figure out if she had a stroke, or just weak from an infection. She's enjoying the attention though, so that's good.
Hope y'all are having a good day & evening,
Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #854
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debby! What a terrible time you're having. Poor Molly. What a start she's having in life. I'm glad it sounds like DH's mom is enjoying the attention. I hope whatever it was that put her in the hospital is nothing to be concerned about.

Sweetie, I hope this new day brings you all much better fortune. It's 1 am here so it's officially my 51st birthday. I am going to try and get to bed. Will turn off my ringer so nobody calls me and wakes me up with birthday wishes. It will be more fun to hear the recordings of them anyway.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals,
No worries, Molly recuperated from her stings & the ear thing is almost gone. I forgot to do her drops this morning & she's doing fine, just a bit of head-shaking. I'll put drops in again tonight.
We rode back to the creek again. The cows were "out to get her" so I grabbed her & she learned how to ride the quad. It was scarey, but funny when a calf started chasing after us... Molly care much for being chased!! She played in the water & actually swam quite a ways tonight & very well. Not scared of it at all. Here's another picture of Canyon Creek. Its so peaceful & pretty, just gotta take pics.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #856
Big Yapper!

It's so gorgeous there. Thanks for the picture. I bet it is cold, like you said before. But maybe with a half wet-suit you could take a dip for a short while and swim with little miss Molly. I miss swimming with Cisco. I am determined to find a place where we can swim together again like when we rented a place on a lake.

Sleep tight! So glad she's doing better and the cows didn't get her.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
It's so gorgeous there. Thanks for the picture. I bet it is cold, like you said before. But maybe with a half wet-suit you could take a dip for a short while and swim with little miss Molly. I miss swimming with Cisco. I am determined to find a place where we can swim together again like when we rented a place on a lake.

Sleep tight! So glad she's doing better and the cows didn't get her.
Actually DH did go in, wading up to his hips. The sun wasn't shining on it, since it was late in the day, or he would of swam. I don't care much for swimming anymore.

Thanks, you sleep tight too! Tomorrow's the first of 4 days off.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like fun Debby ! Yes, I love that pic too.....so beautiful ! I would have swam.............

Have a good night !
Old 08-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #859
Big Yapper!

Four days off? That's like a small vacation! You know what I can picture doing in that photo? Just floating around in an inner tube. Drink in your hand, maybe a little picnic lunch on the banks and a little campfire. Those are the things we did when we lived in TX. It was good living for sure.

Enjoy your time off. Any plans?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, unbelievably, Molly is sick this morning
I heard her trying to throw up... she did have some fluid on her bed, but that's all. Then she wouldn't eat anything & just lays around, not interested in anything.
I have been able to get her to drink small amounts of chicken broth & milk, and just now some of her favorite liver snacks. I feel like a hypochondriac pet owner! Am waiting to call the vet & since she has eaten those few things, will keep an eye on her & see if she gets better first. Any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #861
Big Yapper!

Oh, no. Do you think it's related to the wasp sting episode the other day? You said you gave her a half of a Benadryl that night, right? Poor baby.

Don't give her milk. I don't know about the chicken broth but dogs have trouble digesting dairy. I found that out a while back. Cheese isn't bad but milk really can mess them up. Try giving her tuna fish if she won't eat anything. My dog loves to lap up the tuna juice, too. (As long as it's not tuna in oil.)

Plain chicken meat would be a good temptation for her, too. They are carnivores so when in doubt, give them meat. I'm sorry that she's so sick again. I'm sorry for both of you! God bless your little Molly and may God give you peace and the right answers to bring her back to optimal health.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:35 PM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
She has eaten a bit more & is staying awake & chewing on chew things now, so I'm thinking she is going to pull through this. Hasn't thrown up what she ate, so whew! I did give her a couple pieces of steak-trim, which she gobbled down. I soak her food in milk now & then & its never bothered her. I heard that puppy food had milk in it, so I do that to make the high-protein food I bought more like puppy chow without all the bad stuff.
Think I'll take her for a little walk now & see how that goes.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #863
Big Yapper!

Glad to hear she's better. Enjoy the walk together!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #864
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, PTL she is eating still... has eaten about half a day's worth of dog food, plus all the treats. Still looks skinny, but more energetic in between naps.

We took a 2 hour moto - ride. Amazingly hot here! 91 degrees! We stopped at DQ so dh could get an orange julius... I was going to get a coffee... of course they didn't have any! Fast food places have nothing for me! Oh well, came home & had a nice dinner.
Hope you're all having a great day!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #865
Big Yapper!

An orange julius sounds decadent and worth it. Don't they have iced coffees? Do you do cream in your coffee? Glad Molly's stable and happy. Sleep well, my friend. I need to crash. I took my meds but it will only be by the grace of God that I sleep as if I have no alarms waiting for me at 0800.

It's been 20 years since I did any whitewater sports. That's an awfully long time, but there's no time like the present to get back into things that bring you joy.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do use non-dairy creamers & sweetener. Iced coffee is loaded with the real deal... & lots of calories. I get an extra cup of ice when I order coffee & make my own iced coffee... that is, if they have coffee!

The orange julius is an old favorite of dh. Not so decadent really, its just orange juice, a little sugar & an egg mixed with crushed ice. DQ doesn't make them as well as the original place did... so he added ice to it when we got home & was happy with it.

I took Molly to the vet today. She's having digestive distress, for some reason. Not eating or drinking. Got injection of fluids & anti-nausea meds. Praying she gets better overnight. I'm having to pump fluids in her mouth with a syringe...poor baby.

Dh's Mom is in the rehab place now... its a convalescence home. SIL was not impressed & MIL is owning up to being part of the problem. Dr has been telling her for years to exercise & build up her muscles... she put him on "ignore." She'll also still be on an anti-biotic for a couple more weeks. Hoping to only be at that home for one week... not so nice as the hospital was.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #867
Big Yapper!

I wish they had given you syringes with needles on then so you could give Molly fluid boluses underneath her skin. It looks freaky but it eventually absorbs and it doesn't go through their GI tract. A great way to rehydrate them and bypass whatever gut issues are going on. I'm sorry you are experiencing these things. I know the thought of losing another dog so soon after Shelby is almost unthinkable. I pray that she pulls through and that she lives a long and happy life devoted to you.

I hope the rehab stay for dh's mom is short and effective and that she learns the necessity of exercise to maintain what muscle and flexibility she's got and perhaps improve a bit over time. I need to stop putting such advice on "ignore" too.

Enjoy your Sunday. God bless all of you, and especially little miss Molly.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #868
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope Molly feels better !

sorry DH's Mom is having hard time. Is the an older woman or is she still fit enough to get some good exercise in ? That's tough........ (hugs) Hope she gets out soon .
Old 08-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
Molly seems a little better this morning. Not quite eating yet, just nibbling. Still giving her the broth with a syringe. But she's perked up.

MIL is 90 & overweight. Lives in her own home off the back of SIL's. She has been able to get in & out of her bed, chair, motor-chair, toilet, shower, etc. on her own, but was unable to this week. Most likely because an infection spread to her blood & made her weak. But she is getting weaker from lack of exercise also. So, this is going to help. BIL is coming to set up home care for her also, so that will help a lot too

DIL's birthday today. We'll be taking her & kiddo's out for lunch after church. Not sure what else though.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #870
Blabbermouth!!!

have a wonderful Sunday Debby ! Off to work last shift for the week.

MIL is lucky she still lives at home, I hope she does well !!