Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #811
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Very pretty! Thanks, Debby. So cute how Molly can't figure out you being on the elliptical. She probably wonders why it doesn't take you anywhere. Those dogs are so smart.

I'm glad the books are done and it's cooling off. Tomorrow we get our cool-down but only after the storms come and rock our world. Sunday is supposed to be so much better. I hope so. I'm tired of hibernating inside.

Have a great night, kids. I'm surprised at how quiet the forum has been today (the threads I subscribe to, anyway.) This is the first thread to have anything new posted! Thanks again for the picture, Deb. I'll see the others later on when I breeze through FB.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #812
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
The cows are back, grazing on our fields today. Molly had a "blast" trying to herd them away from us as we walked through them for our walk.

Ended up doing more office-work for dh. this morning. Then put my pot-roast in the slow-cooker, did laundry, dusted, vacuumed the two floors, enjoyed a walk with dh & Molly.
Its a beautiful windy-day.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #813
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
sounds relaxing and fun too ! Just loved your pics..... such beautiful country
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's funny, felt like I worked hard today... lol...

Glad you enjoyed the pics. It is beautiful. I love how God made all kinds of beauty. Its so great, everywhere you go, there's beauty to see & its all unique.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #815
Blabbermouth!!!

I was talking about the walks with DH and Molly !
Old 07-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #816
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! Oh I see!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #817
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Y'all,
What a beautiful time of year. The weather is gorgeous here. I've been enjoying walking with my new walking partner & also am trying to work into bicycle riding... it usually puts my back out. (something about the angle). Keeping it shorter & less challenging then the first day... flatter part of the driveway. So far, so good.
We've got cows grazing on our acres this week, so Molly's in "border collie heaven" She just perks up & comes alive... has to "clear the road" for me as we walk & ride down the driveway. The cows are even "humoring" her & walking away, as this midget of a dog charges & barks at them!
Hope you're all having success with your WOE & enjoying the summer
Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #818
Big Yapper!

Born to be a working girl! You can't do much about your genes. Cute that the cows are playing along. I envy you saying you love this time of year. I couldn't disagree more. I want to agree with you though! I truly do.

Seems like you cook a lot for someone who says you don't like to cook. How did the roast turn out? Sounds yummy. I need to cook something. I'll most likely BBQ something outside on the grill. I keep looking for good prices on ground beef but lately, there haven't been. Probably because 'tis the season for grilling.

Did you read on my journal that CT is the third most expensive state to live in in the USA? OMG. Why? How? I know I know. "Think on these things." Thoughts of CT and Summer expunged. Gone for tonight, at least. Will fight the good fight again tomorrow.

Sleep well, honey! Bedtime for me now. Almost 11 and that's close enough to bedtime for me. I posted about my day at work if you want to read about it. See my journal. Goodnight.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #819
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree Cheryl, I do a lot more cooking than I like... it is a necessity for my diet & something I've always done for dh. I used to love cooking, like Laura, in fact I cooked at a fancy fishing lodge for 15 yrs or so... I say I "used it up" Mainly I hate to cook because I loved eating too much for so many years & 'eating' kicked me in the butt, and kept me from enjoying my life.
On our travels, we visited old friends & family. It was so obvious how hard a bad diet is on our bodies. The ones that love to eat & hate exercise & dieting... they look 10-20 yrs. older & their bodies are full of ailments, talking about being "old", etc... its an eye-opener. Sure, they had all the good "eats" for us, but... 'nuf said.
Yesterday my DIL was picking my brain about dieting. She's at that point, totally fed up with herself & wants to lose weight. I feel so bad for her. I know that feeling oh so well. She was texting me about foods as she shopped.... buy Crocky I think she's going to do it!
Hope you all have a restful sleep.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #820
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby that is great that you are such a good role model for so many I bet your DIL is really excited to have you there to help her

You are so right, when we meet up with people who eat the SAD they usually do appear a lot older and sicker than those of us that watch what we eat ( well, most of the time ) WTG on staying on plan so faithfully !
Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #821
Big Yapper!

I agree with Laura. What a role model you are! And you look absolutely fabulous. I think that's one of the worst aspects of being so overweight is how it does age you. I really feel older than my age when my weight is up like it is now. You'd think that would motivate me to "peal back the years" but somehow we get stuck in a rut. I've been in the ditch for so long, I can't even remember when I crossed back over into the 200 lb zone. Long enough to know how hard it is to get back to Onederland.

I never knew you were a cook in a fishing lodge. How cool is that?! I'll bet it was a very pretty place. You did it for 15 years so I guess I don't need to ask if you enjoyed it.

Have a great day today, ladies! I will do the same, God-willing.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #822
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanx girls.

Here's some pics of Molly in action today.
June2013 Photos by Debbylee22 | Photobucket
Old 07-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #823
Big Yapper!

How cute! "moooove, cow!"

I went to the album but it says it's private. If there are more pics there, I can't see them. Anyway, thanks for this one!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-23-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #824
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/e...825.676264738/
Dumb Photobucket! here try this...
Old 07-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #825
Blabbermouth!!!

Very cute pics Debby ! She seems to be so happy !
Old 07-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #826
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think this photobucket link will work.
Molly 13 Photos by Debbylee22 | Photobucket
Old 07-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #827
Big Yapper!

I could see them on that link. Looks like all the pics you have on Facebook so I'll stick with FB in the future. She's a cutie.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #828
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, same as facebook, but I won't be posting facebook links in future.

We rode the quad down to the canyon/creek pic.twitter.com/EaxuyRgOiT this afternoon, with Molly running along behind. She finally did get too close to the back of a cow & was hit (slightly) by her. She didn't yelp, but she sure got some "healthy fear" instilled! I'm so thankful that she wasn't hurt. But also thankful that she learned! The bravery was getting harder to call her off...not now! Then when we got to the creek, she had a blast in the water. Biting at it & playing... likes to keep her feet on the bottom, but had to swim slightly once. Good for cleaning those muddy paws. I took a video clip, but will have to wait to post it. $$$ next time I'm on Safeway net time.
I had to make my own salad dressing tonight (out of my fav). I took Hellman's mayo (canola oil, not soy), added Frank's Red hot sauce & lots of water.... yummy! I'm going to blend some peppers & add them to it tomorrow... loving "hot" right now.
Hope you're all having a wonderful evening.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #829
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

http://t.co/EaxuyRgOiT I'm not .doing too well with these links. Here's the creek.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #830
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow Debby ! That is such a beautiful spot !! So nice that y'all had fun and that Molly had a little lesson without getting hurt .......
Old 07-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #831
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Wow Debby ! That is such a beautiful spot !! So nice that y'all had fun and that Molly had a little lesson without getting hurt .......
Me too! She is sure tuckered-out now... although she's awake & playful at the moment... she slept like a baby when we got home.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #832
Big Yapper!

That's a creek? How beautiful! Glad Molly didn't get hurt with the cow. Lesson learned, I hope! Thanks for the pictures, sweetie. We appreciate them.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #833
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi gals,
I am enjoying my "Friday off." Did some books, some pre-cooking... even made eggplant chips... um, interesting, probably not worth the electricity it took to bake 'em.

Went for our first walk with the neighbor & her pooch. It went really well. Looks like Molly & Coog are fast-friends & will be "buds." It was great to see my neighbor & catch up on her, & we had a great walk... 47 minutes & got back just as the rain-drops started. Perfect!

Doing a bit of laundry, more books & just plain resting !
Hope you're having a great day too!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #834
Big Yapper!

Eggplant chips sound like they would be good! Maybe you need to blot up the moisture before frying or baking them. Don't give up on your veggie chips. I hear Kale chips are great. No personal experience, however.

That's great that you had such a nice time with your neighbor and the dogs. And glad the rain held-off until you got home. I just love when the weather cooperates with our plans. It so seldom seems to happen.

I had a heck of a day. Go read! Night, Debby.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #835
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,

It was a good day. I don't really like to use the oven much, its so costly. I ate the whole batch for a snack, so not really worth it to me. I haven't tried the kale chips either. For some reason they don't sound that good to me.

I enjoyed your account of the day. Pretty cool. You'll sleep well tonight! (as will Molly)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #836
Big Yapper!

Why is the oven costly? Not sure if you have gas or whatever out where you live. IKWYM about the sound of kale chips. Kale is bitter if not cooked long enough, but I've learned to love it in sausage soup (my version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana.)

I did indeed have an interesting day. I hope it's not a regular occurrence but it keeps me on my toes. Things at the farm are ramping-up in a big way. Time to but my "big girl panties" on and take it like a woman.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #837
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sbwertz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I hear Kale chips are great. :

Kale chips are awesome. I planted half my garden to kale last winter (kale is a winter veggie in Phoenix.)

Sharon
sbwertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #838
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Using the oven & dryer both chalk up the electricity bill.
I'll have to give Kale another try. I bought it once, ate it & just remembered it wasn't my favorite.
Molly has mites in one ear. I bought meds for it, but it can only be put in every 48 hrs. & her ear is bothering her again. Thinking I will try olive oil again... did that the day before the meds & it soothed it. You know anything about mites? We used to use hydrogen peroxide for them, but it sounds like hydrogen peroxide is rough on skin. At least that's what my paramedic SIL told me.
I agree. You can do it!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #839
Big Yapper!

Oh, no. I don't know anything about mites but oddly enough, I know about putting hydrogen peroxide inside your ear! I don't know if it will be something the pup can tolerate or if it will benefit her in any way. I would use cotton swabs (not q-tips but just cotton balls or pads) and use those with just some sort of solution that people cleanse their contact lenses in. Flush out her ear and use the cotton to wipe them out as clean and dry as they can get without her flipping out. Otherwise, I have no clue what you should do for her. Seems like it would only respond to mite medicine.

I would just do the medicine every 48 hours and wrap her dew claw so she can't scratch at it.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 PM   #840
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
I'll take her to the vet on Monday if she's still having a tough time. She's so cute, does this "talking" thing when she's scratching her ear, ever so gently.
The internet says the oil will smother them...it did sooth it. So, to make it till tomorrow's meds I'll do the oil tonight. Afraid to do much else.