LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #781
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
So happy that you are home safe and sound and Molly is settling in so well

Wow !! I think I would have had to take a few days off after all that riding before I went to work ! Do you only work 1/2 days ?? I can't remember....

76 sounds wonderful ! 96-100 here everyday. I haven't walked in forever. Way too hot and humid !

Have a great evening !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi
Yes, half days... So much to do... so little time.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #783
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
76 degrees sounds like Heaven to me. So happy Molly is a traveling dog. Maybe having started her out on a motorcycle got her conditioned for life on the road. She'll get those stairs soon enough and with a little training she won't jump on people. I'm sure she's going to be a perfect dog when you have time to work with her more.

She's a little doll! Her markings are so adorable.

Oh, Laura! It's not Texas here but it sure feels like it for the past month. We're dying up here. Every day I go to work on the farm, it's like fighting for my survival. I decided to buy a used kayak and take lessons. I love water and there's no reason why I should be so miserable every summer. The key is to do some water sport you love. Wish I had thought of this long ago.

Goodnight! It's late and I'm tired. Love and hugs to all.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't resist... so cute.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #785
Blabbermouth!!!

oh she's just precious !!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #786
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good day today... accomplished lots at work (cob-webs are clearing) & also at home.
DH is home now, working around here. Its been fun to have him along for our walks.
Molly has conquered the "stairs" she's going up & down them at will.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big veggie cook-up today. I bought so many! Also meat, but still need to bake my turkey.
I can't believe how caught-up I am at work! Its great. Need to get that done at home. Got the house vacuumed & Molly walked.
She has a bone from our steak (I cut it out before cooking)... teething something terrible!
Old 07-11-2013, 08:33 AM   #788
Big Yapper!

Such is puppyhood. Poor little girl, teething on a steak bone. I'm sure she loves her mom already. So glad you are caught up at work! And that the house is being whipped back into shape. Let us know how your next veggie-fest turns out. Have a lovely day.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #789
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Such is puppyhood. Poor little girl, teething on a steak bone. I'm sure she loves her mom already. So glad you are caught up at work! And that the house is being whipped back into shape. Let us know how your next veggie-fest turns out. Have a lovely day.
Funny you should say that. Yesterday I was worried she wasn't attached to me, as I've had to correct her for herding & she pouts. But today she was like glue to me.

We had a good day, nice long walk around the property. Then our first load of firewood was delivered. Now dh will have some "work" to do, stacking it. I don't think I'll be able to help this year, as I have tendonitis in my wrist.

Tomorrow will be my blood-test, Molly's shots & shopping.

Congrats on the 2 lbs!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #790
Big Yapper!

Well, she got pretty settled-in with your daughter and grandkids while you were gone. It will take some time for her to figure it all out, but you two will be thick as thieves before long. Hope your blood tests are good and that Molly doesn't mind the shots too much.

Thanks for the congrats! Just moving along. Can't wait to leave the 200's behind for the final time. This time it will be the final time. I can't keep going up and down this way. One of these times, I'd just give up in the "up" position. Can't let that happen.

Sleep tight, ladies. I'm off to bed for an early call to the mechanic. Wish me luck!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #791
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We had quite the day, lots of appointments to make. DH dropped off the v-strom for work, then took his truck in for an oil change, I was supposed to pick him up there before going to work...well, I forgot till I was turning in at work, so was 10 minutes late to work. Then he had a chiropractor appointment... later home to stack wood. Then back to pick me up at work. I took him to his truck & then got my blood-test, a few groceries, & then Molly's appointment at the vet's. So she had worm meds & booster shot, one more dose to go. (I got her to give the heart-worm med this time, since they sometimes have it down where we picked her up).
Gave her a bone when we got home & she sure enjoyed it. Went for our walk & did some anti-hearding corrections. She did way better on the jumping on strangers today though. Hope she does good with the kiddo's tomorrow. They're coming for the week-end, also Bella, their dog.

I'm enjoying Frank's Red Hot Sauce. So happy I was able to find it in the stores here! I left the bottle I bought in Washington in the cabin. Cooking a turkey tomorrow... then I will be all caught-up on my cook-aheads.

Thanks Cheryl, I hope the test comes out good too. Last one was lower than they like it, so he wanted me to cut back a bit... didn't feel good that way, so I went back up while on the trip. Have cut back for a few days (for the test) & I already feel worse. So I guess I need to talk to him about it. One Dr is fine with me going by how I feel, the other not.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #792
Big Yapper!

Too many Dr's in the soup! Glad you're making progress with Molly. Might be hard to undo some things she learned in your absence, while she lived with a bunch of young kids. But be persistent and patient and it won't be too late to nip it in the bud.

You had a busy day! Come read about mine. :/
Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kiddo's are here & Molly is doing great with them. Not jumping or herding, so that's wonderful & they like her a lot.
I just spent a long time cleaning up the kitchen & de-boning the turkey.
Visited with ds & wife till noon, had lunch & went to visit friends that just had twins. So, I didn't get to do my books. Figured that would happen.
Have a good evening,
Love,
Debby
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #794
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went to the Dr today. My TSH was perfect... according to the Dr. (0.36). Ha! I cut back for 3 days so it wouldn't be alarming to him. I feel much better at .06 Didn't feel quite as good that day either. You do what you gotta do... I might just skip my dose next time till after the test, should do the same thing. My prescription was a lot cheaper because he prescribed the 60's instead of 2-30's. Good to know, but it will be hard to split.
Oh yeah, this Dr. said to go to physio to get a de-stabilizer on my thumb to rest it for healing! That's the opposite of the last Dr's advice to exercise it... which I found made it much, much worse.
I had the kiddo's with me all day. They went to work with me, & then town... all 4 of them We all did well, now they're at a lake with dh. Plus found out they will sleep over again tonight, or get picked up really late... marathon kiddo's sleep-over Thus goes the plans of men... or should I say Debby?
I took the dogs on a quick run with the bicycle. However, it did hurt my lower back (as usual)... I really need a bike that's fit to me. Maybe we'll get around to it one of these days. DH can use this one, as he could put the seat up higher for him once I get another. Praying my back doesn't go out.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:26 AM   #795
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like you know your body so well. Hope you can get your Dr to understand this !

Wow !! All 4 kiddos ran errands with you ?? lol Glad they were good And that's great that they are getting an extended visit. I bet they missed you while you were gone.....

Bike ride ? I wish I could. Maybe after I get my back fixed ( praying I will ) Hope you aren't sore this morning .

Back to work today......have a great week !
Old 07-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #796
Big Yapper!

Debby, you're running your little fanny off up there! Thank the Lord for all your energy, honey. I envy you the bike ride. I have multiple reasons why I can't ride a bike. Maybe try to get a recumbent bike? Never really saw one of those except in the gym but I know they exist. Be sort of like riding a chopper. You're a motorcycle momma so ykwim.

Try to find some time to rest and maybe get a little "me time" during all this hubbub. Even if it's a few minutes alone in the bathroom. You broiled a turkey? What's the occasion?
Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #797
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I dropped them off at the school playground while Dr. appointment (one is babysitting age); then dropped them at McD's for an ice cream & play in there while I shopped... later they got to go swimming with dh... they were thrilled with it all!
My issue with having them is... I didn't get to even look at my books, which was our agreement. I have a deadline coming up & haven't a clue how far behind I am. Stress-city for me... but dh had a blast.
Baked a turkey. Occasion - my turkey supply was out! I always bake turkeys I buy on sale, debone & freeze for quick meals for me. DH doesn't care for turkey too often, and I cook him meals every night, which are suited to his diet. When I have all my foods precooked it only takes minutes to throw my plate together. (always have to cook differently for myself).
I know what you're suggesting, the reclining bikes... they are very expensive & I'm not interested in them at all. My friend is a bicycle "pro" & she said all I need is to get a bike "fitted to me"... kind of like shoes... then it (the angle) won't hurt my back.
My back was very sore last night so I took a muscle relaxant & did lots of crunches. So far today its fine. No sore muscles otherwise.
Thanks for dropping in girls!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #798
Big Yapper!

You did lots of crunches to help a back ache? I know the abs support the back muscles but I never heard of someone doing that while they were having back pain. You go, girl! I'm sorry you didn't get to do your books while you had the kids but it sounds like you showed them a good time.

My car is going to cost me $260. I'm getting a short-term loan of $120 from my Mom. We will get through this month as we do every other.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #799
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, doing crunches helps stretch the right muscles too.

Sorry about your brakes $$... but glad you're getting them fixed properly.

Going to a birthday party for dgs6 tonight, then a board meeting.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #800
Big Yapper!

Hope you can get some rest soon!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DS picked up the kiddo's this morning.
Busy day at work today, getting ready for board meeting.
Came home & walked Molly in 80 degree-sunshine... too hot!
We went to DGS's birthday (6) dinner, which they had early so we could come & still make it to our meeting.
Raced to our meeting, only 3 of the 10 members came, so it got canceled. Thus goes the plans of men.
Arrived home right when our second load of wood arrived... good thing-needed to tell him where to dump it.
walked through the field with Dave & Molly, counting our big round bails (68)... farmer finished bailing.
Nice to be home & resting.

Molly is suffering some set-backs in her behavior after yesterday's time alone with the kiddo's. Lesson learned, not to leave kids in charge of her. Got work to do now. She met a huge horse today & wanted to bark & growl at him... not too smart... also treated the first bale of hay she met the same way!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #802
Big Yapper!

I love seeing round bales of hay in vast fields. Must look amazing with the mountains as a backdrop. Where did you find that new smiley? You found the bee one first, too. Now I have to go back through our smileys and see what's new!

Have a great day. Molly will come around but I agree. No more kiddos in charge. You will have to teach the kids what not to do to encourage her undesirable behaviors or you'll be taking two steps forward and one step back for a long time to come.

I don't see that smiley so you must have gotten it elsewhere. Want to share where? I love me some smileys.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #803
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops... that one is from another program... I copy & paste general stuff to save time. I meant to replace it with one from here.
I'll have to get a picture of the field before the hay gets hauled away, it is beautiful.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #804
Big Yapper!

Oh, please do! I'd love to see it.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #805
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh, please do! I'd love to see it.
Hi
I posted a "poor picture" of the field from the house... tagged you(facebook) so you can see it, but nobody else can. I'll try to remember to take a better one tomorrow.
I had a more 'sane' day here today. First one since last Friday. Its hot here (for us), 81 degrees, which hopefully will make the locals happy. They haven't had much summer yet. As for me, - Arizona was enough! A little harder to take the daily walks, but manageable.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #806
Big Yapper!

Thanks! I'll go take a peak. Sorry for your heat wave. Is it humid or dry? Ours is about to break on Saturday with a great series of t-storms. I'll be home watching it from my comfy couch.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a good day today. Happy to see the scale drop back down this morning. It jumped up 3 couple lbs. from stressing my back, riding the bicycle.
Work was a breeze today, caught up on everything & ended up watching the clock the last 1/2 hr. I get tomorrow off
Ran Molly behind van on way home (just our road). Then ran her behind the quad later & also walked her. She went nuts when 2 car-loads of kids arrived though... I kept her on a leash. Not enough time has passed since her incident with them. They came to have a picnic in our field.
So Cheryl, I wasn't able to take a better picture of the field... will try tomorrow.

I'm so looking forward to having tomorrow off at home!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #808
Big Yapper!

No sweat, sugar! Whenever you have time to take the pic will be fine. We must have places around here that do the round bales but I'd need to go hunting for them. And there wouldn't be the same backdrop as you have. Love yours much more.

I hope you have a nice day today and that it cools off. We are at the tail end of our heat wave from hell. Tomorrow we will have big t-storms and then it will be behind us. Maybe the worst of summer is coming to an end.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, here you go... We don't have the most productive field, but its still pretty. There are more on facebook, made them public.
I worked for 6 hours on the books & filed I'm so happy about that!
It didn't get as hot today, only 79, but it was a pretty warm walk that Molly & I had. Finished off with 10 minutes more on the elliptical, first time back on it since getting Molly. She sat there just staring at me, turning her head first one way, then the other.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #810
Blabbermouth!!!

That's such a beautiful pic ! Love it !

Woohoo ! The books are done ! Bet that's a load off your mind

Confusing Molly already , huh ?? hehe .....