Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #751
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Could you not go because of your job ?? Man, I hope to one day make it to the east coast and see all these wonderful places.... Booo

Who am I kidding ? I need to make it to the West coast too...... and Canada ... and Alaska...... and the Caribbean......

Ok,..... now I want to cry .... ;(
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
oh no Debby !! You don't like cabbage ?? I ADORE it ...... make it at least twice a week - sauted with bacon and onions . Yum.....

i veto all the other things too except cheese. NomNom.

How much longer is your vacation going to last ? Such a great getaway for you both !
I can't eat raw cabbage (goitergen). I like it cooked.
Have actually eaten bacon a few times, not worrying about salt as much now, which added a lot of freedom. But I am being "overly careful" when I can.
Passed up "rocky road ice cream" tonight... my absolute favorite!
We should get home on or before July 7th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hey, Laura! How you been?

I would (if doing LC) only skip the croutons. I love cheese, don't have a passion or aversion to cabbage and cucumbers are our friends. Just popped in here to say goodnight! And I agree, Laura. What a wonderful trip they're on.

My sister Donna, hubby Joe and my Mom are heading to NC tomorrow and stopping in Maryland to spend the night (going south and then back north) at their daughter's house. It's new to them and not nearly set up for company yet but my Mom will be happy to see it. Then they will be spending a week in a really nice cabin in the mountains. I want to cry, I want to go with them so badly. Hope they have a wonderful and safe time.
I've never liked cucumbers... don't like the smell of them.
Sorry you're missing your family.
I noticed that I had more "hunger" today, after having such a "splurge" on chinese food yesterday.
Tomorrow we head for Lake Chelan, WA. DH is going to try to rent a jet ski & act like a tourist. Hope it works out for him. We don't have any reservations.
Thanks for stopping in gals!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #753
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Could you not go because of your job ?? Man, I hope to one day make it to the east coast and see all these wonderful places.... Booo

Who am I kidding ? I need to make it to the West coast too...... and Canada ... and Alaska...... and the Caribbean......

Ok,..... now I want to cry .... ;(
Well, for one thing, I wasn't invited! This cabin vacation was a gift from their daughter and her partner from last Christmas. It was meant for just the two of them but since my sister decided not to do the annual summer camping trip on the CT shore beginning this year and lasting for forever, she asked my Mom if she'd like to go. Mom always says that if it weren't for the summer camping trip each year, she'd have no vacation. She doesn't work or do ANYTHING but I guess she still wants a vacation.

We should both cry! For all the places we long to see and experience but can't. And yes; the job would have prevented me from going even if they'd asked me. I can't just pick up and take off a week or more without a lot of planning and other people doing lots of extra work.

I may go to Florida in the late Fall to see my cousin, but that will take some planning. We shall see. I don't want to wait too long to go there again. It's been over 10 years since I've seen her and she's much older than I am.

Last edited by CherylB; 06-27-2013 at 08:02 PM..
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #754
Blabbermouth!!!

The jet ski plan sounds fun . Hope y'all enjoy ! Will you be glad to be home or do you wish the trip would last longer ?
When do you pick up "little bit" ?? Bet you can't wait
Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #755
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm enjoying myself. Love my home & look forward to being there. But I will endeavor to live in the moment. Give & take...
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #756
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a wonderful Birthday sweet lady !
Old 06-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #757
Big Yapper!

If "little bit" is Molly her new puppy, she already got her and her family is taking care of her until she gets back home. How exciting it will be when she returns and we start getting all those happy posts and pics of Debby getting to know her little baby girl. Hope they potty train her before she gets back. That would be a big plus, eh?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #758
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, I meant when Is she picking her up from her daughter ........
Old 06-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #759
Big Yapper!

I imagine as soon as she gets home. Is it Debby's birthday? I saw your birthday wishes above.

Oops! Just confirmed on FB. !!!

Last edited by CherylB; 06-28-2013 at 09:01 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 09:44 PM   #760
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends Thanks for bd wishes.

I had a wonderful day today. We went out for breakfast with our friends, then rode the motorcycle through the mountains to this lake... at lunch I had a taco salad, but it unfortunately had re-fried beans in it... oh man, was I full! Kind of think I may have "found" those extra lost lbs!

We're staying at this lake (Lake Chelan, WA) for 2 nights & renting a jet ski tomorrow. See how that goes. Its really hot here. Ugh! But that's good for doing the lake I guess!

Molly is in Hope at dd's. She's doing well, but barely fitting in her kennel now! We will be driving her home the last 12 hours of our trip... we live 12 hrs north of our dd. We'll have to figure out whether the crate will work or not when we get there. Apparently she's doing really well, very sweet & everyone loves her. She had a stare-down with the new kittens tonight & they followed when she was put in her crate. I'm hopeful she'll be calm with my cat too!

Well, good night friends, I'm so tired!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #761
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow ! Molly is growing so fast, bet she's having a blast and I know you can't wait to get her home and play with her Will that be hard on her to be in the kennel for 12 hours ? Will it be hot ? I know y'all will take lots of breaks.....

Did you manage to take some CO with you on the trip ? I thought about you this morning when I was having my coffee with CO ;-0

hope you slept well and are having a great day !
Old 06-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No, it won't be hot. BC is much cooler, and the bike is quite breezy. We take breaks a lot, at least every 2 hours. Will take 2 days to go that far too.
Nope, no CO for me since we left. Melt it once & its no good.

Air conditioner going all night, too hot, ear-plugs, etc... but I did get sleep. I was so tired from the night before missing sleep [adrenal problems that night (conversation about politics)].

We rented a jet ski for 3-5 pm. Hoping it isn't raining then. Very warm, so even if it is it will be fun. Just got back from an hour long walk.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #763
Big Yapper!

Hope you had a great time out on the water. Sorry about talk about politics. Gets us nowhere. Loving all your FB pics, sweetie. Makes me feel cool and refreshed just breathing them in.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #764
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Back from jet ski, dinner, & grocery shopping.

Jet skiing is not for me. I didn't like anything about it... cold, wet, felt wobbly. DH dropped me off at nearest dock. I walked to nearest coffee spot (subway). He came back & took me in, ended up not using the whole 2 hrs. Well, now we know.

Nice to have had this relaxing day. Head for Curlew tomorrow.

Lots of walking & low calorie day today. Hopefully will take off the extras off of both of us.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #765
Big Yapper!

Oh no! Sorry you didn't enjoy it but thank God for a coffee place to spend the rest of your time! Sleep well.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #766
Blabbermouth!!!

Too bad you didn't like the jet ski adventure ! Did DH like it ?

I finally got chia seeds today and BOY do they fill you up ! I just put some in a glass of water and I feel stuffed ...... that will be great at work

Hope you are having a great day !
Old 07-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #767
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends
Sorry, missing in action. My roaming ran out "again" just 2 days out, so I had to do without.

We made it to my dd's today. Puppy - Molly looks really good. So smart already. She'll still fit in the carrier, but just barely. We'll have to figure out how to attach it better & buy something to cover it tomorrow. I want to protect her from wind & weather.

Hope you continue to enjoy the chai seeds. I liked them at first, then couldn't do them after a while. they are very good for you.

Talk with you all later,
Old 07-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #768
Big Yapper!

Back home almost? Wow, girl. It must feel good to finally be able to love-up on your new baby and take her home. I'm sure you'll figure out something good to protect her on the ride home. And as soon as you can, of course we want pics.

Happy 4th of July! I know you don't probably celebrate that up there but I also know you are an American so, do with that what you will.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #769
Big Yapper!

Laura, I have been using Chia Seeds myself but somehow got out of the habit. I will begin taking them again soon. They do wonders for helping the liver to get rid of toxins that otherwise stay in your system. I don't know what else they do, but that's good enough for me!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #770
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Back home almost? Wow, girl. It must feel good to finally be able to love-up on your new baby and take her home. I'm sure you'll figure out something good to protect her on the ride home. And as soon as you can, of course we want pics.

Happy 4th of July! I know you don't probably celebrate that up there but I also know you are an American so, do with that what you will.
Thanks, happy 4th to you too!
Enjoying Molly, she does remember us. Knows she's special.
I found some good straps & great duffle bag today. I'm feeling good about what we can rig up for her now. I was a bit worried about "wind" hurting her ears... this should stop most of it. DH took her for a walk on the leash to the park & was impressed at how well trained she is already.

Quote:
Laura, I have been using Chia Seeds myself but somehow got out of the habit. I will begin taking them again soon. They do wonders for helping the liver to get rid of toxins that otherwise stay in your system. I don't know what else they do, but that's good enough for me!
Chia seeds are GOOD for THYROID.

We just went out for Chinese food. Funny lady, was so worried about me ordering an entry & everyone else getting buffet... she almost made me promise not to eat any of their food... "no sharing"! So funny. She didn't speak very good English, wanted to say everyone has to have buffet, can't mix at table...
Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #771
Big Yapper!

OMG. "No sharing!" If you'd ordered an appetizer, maybe that would have been a good assumption on her part. What a dope! You should have ordered a diet coke and watched her squirm.

Got to see a few fireworks from the front porch tonight but nothing amazing. I got a lot of mosquito bites waiting for the "big bang" which never happened. Then I walked around the yard and watched the fireflies, which made me think of my Mom (who's still in NC with my sister.) She says she never sees them anymore, so I emailed her to say I saw them and thought of her.

Time to hit the hay. I probably will go out and swelter for the cause tomorrow afternoon. I haven't gone purely to volunteer as a barn helper since I got hired. Only go when there's an orientation so I can be of help. This will be more selfless. I plan to hose a few horses and have some fun. Will spray myself well with bug spray. I hate dang bug bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a cute image on the internet that I saved to my picture file on my computer. I'll post it here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood.jpg (12.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by CherylB; 07-04-2013 at 07:28 PM..
Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #772
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Home at last!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #773
Big Yapper!

YEA!!!! Home with your new Molly girl. We want pics asap....
Old 07-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #775
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
You shot a blank! I'm surprised it let you post when there were no words written.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #776
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Pictures

If hit where it says...
View Spot Adventure,
think pic's of her trip.
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, this must mean you can't see the picture?

Last edited by DebbyL; 07-07-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 07-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #778
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRose View Post
If hit where it says...
View Spot Adventure,
think pic's of her trip.
Not sure what this means but I've been seeing her pics from her entire trip all along on Facebook. I meant pics of her darling pup.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #779
Big Yapper!

Oh, man! She does look a little cramped in that old crate. Is that a jacket that's zipped up around her or something specially made? I can't wait to hear more about her as you get to know her. You finally get to be with her! And go back to work... Happy shopping!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #780
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi
Well, my posts will probably be somewhat boring to some, while my puppy settles in.
I took Molly to work with me. She was so good. Tied her outside in the shade, while I ate my lunch, she just sniffed around & lay down. No complaints. Then we went to town & I took her in a few places. Of course she attracts lots of attention & loved every person she met. Then I left her in the van (leash strapped to the seat). She just took a nap while I got the groceries (no damage to seat belts)! Washed the van. Tried to leave her out in the bay, on leash, but a big German shepherd came to say hello... I wasn't sure if he was safe (think so)... so I put her in van & finished. Drove all the way home & she never got sick. Shelby would of puked both morning, noon & afternoon. Her challenges are stairs. But she's getting the ones that aren't too high. Still working on the high ones. Oh, and need to work on the jumping on people.

Well, the verdict is in... I lost 3 lbs. since we left, DH gained 5. I know I must be up 1-2 lbs. from what I was a week ago. Will see if it goes back down again.

I bought so many veggies & fruits. I missed my veggies!

Its 76 degrees here now. I need to go for my walk. Hope I don't get too hot.

Hope you're having a great day!