Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #661
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Oh, I just got an update on Dianne. She's flying home right now! To our local hospital! That's even more then she dared ask for! It will be so good for her to be home, where friends & family can lavish "love" on her.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #662
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's wonderful! Thank you, Lord!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #663
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
So happy that she will be near all her friends and family ! Great news !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, good news... I found somebody to do our tax forms Spent the afternoon scanning & sending all my copies of stuff to her. She'll do it for $500. Still mad about it... So unfair to citizens living in other countries that don't make money in states to have to file a return, when we owe nothing to states. But $500 is better then the $3,000 I paid last year & the year before. When we retire there will be fewer forms to file & I'll be able to do them myself... maybe we'll retire sooner just to get out of this burden!
I'm feeling a great sense of release from that. Busy day at work, with the funeral happening tomorrow, its keeping me too busy to get much done ahead for leaving. That young man's family is the biggest one in our valley... 100 relatives to be seated in first 4 rows... then all of their friends. I'm afraid we'll have to pray the fire marshal doesn't come!

Got my exercise done well too, things are looking up.
Hope you're all having a good evening.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #665
Big Yapper!

Wow, Debbie. I'm glad you found someone but I thought living and working out of the country allowed you to earn your money tax-free. Is that only if you work overseas or something? I know some people go to places like Kuwait to work just for that tax benefit. Maybe that doesn't apply when the country is sharing a border with your own.

Still, I know it must be a huge relief for you. Check that off your list of to-do's and take a deep breath. Glad you did your exercise today, too. Indoors or out? I'm going to have to literally force myself back to the gym. It's ridiculous not to go when my body is in revolt (and "revolting"). Even if I don't do anything other than swim, use the hot tub, dry sauna and maybe rowing machine (all things I find enjoyable), I'd be getting my money's worth and getting better over time.

Such a big baby am I.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #666
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Wow, Debbie. I'm glad you found someone but I thought living and working out of the country allowed you to earn your money tax-free. Is that only if you work overseas or something? I know some people go to places like Kuwait to work just for that tax benefit. Maybe that doesn't apply when the country is sharing a border with your own.

Still, I know it must be a huge relief for you. Check that off your list of to-do's and take a deep breath. Glad you did your exercise today, too. Indoors or out? I'm going to have to literally force myself back to the gym. It's ridiculous not to go when my body is in revolt (and "revolting"). Even if I don't do anything other than swim, use the hot tub, dry sauna and maybe rowing machine (all things I find enjoyable), I'd be getting my money's worth and getting better over time.

Such a big baby am I.
We don't have to pay taxes to states (unless you make more than the specified number)...same as over-seas workers. But we have to pay to get the dumb tax forms done.
That's a good idea to force yourself back to the gym. I've seen two different gals (here) do that this year. Both have not looked back & are doing much better now. Go Cheryl, Go! You can do it!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #667
Big Yapper!

Thank you. I will "go".
Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #668
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi

Very busy day today. It was the Celebration of life for that young man (20) that died last week. There were about 1,000 people there! The church only seats 500. So crowded... cars filled our parking lot, the church across the street's parking lot & both streets for a couple blocks. That young man touched a lot of people's lives. He will be greatly missed.

I was able to take a walk before the service, was real happy with how far & fast I went... 4 mi @ hr. up hill & down.

After a yummy dinner, we're both so glad to be home relaxing.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #669
Big Yapper!

Wow! He really must have been a great guy. It's so sad that he was taken so young. Seems like such a waste, doesn't it? You all gave him a great send-off and I hope he was able to see and appreciate it.

That was a great hike you had! I'm glad you're back in the great outdoors, moving along. I hope you have a lovely day, Debby.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #670
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
That's such a hard loss but sounds like it's a celebration! Strange on the tax forms. That's a bummer! I love to hike and wish I could do it closer to home. I plan lots of walks next week. hope you have a great weekend!

Cheryl.
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #671
Blabbermouth!!!

i love that it's a Celebration of his life ! How comforting for his friends and family ~

You are doing great with your exercise On my walks in Okla there were lots of hills and such and I had cramps in my thighs..... realized how out of shape I was ! But I enjoyed it and I'm glad you had a good walk
Old 05-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #672
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Wow! He really must have been a great guy. It's so sad that he was taken so young. Seems like such a waste, doesn't it? You all gave him a great send-off and I hope he was able to see and appreciate it.
That was a great hike you had! I'm glad you're back in the great outdoors, moving along. I hope you have a lovely day, Debby.
Yes, he was. Also from the largest family in our town.
I'm actually not back to the great outdoors at home. Only away from home, where I haven't walked with Shelby.
Thanks, its a gorgeous day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
That's such a hard loss but sounds like it's a celebration! Strange on the tax forms. That's a bummer! I love to hike and wish I could do it closer to home. I plan lots of walks next week. hope you have a great weekend!
Thanks Julie,
Yes, walking is definitely something you can take with you anywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
i love that it's a Celebration of his life ! How comforting for his friends and family ~
You are doing great with your exercise On my walks in Okla there were lots of hills and such and I had cramps in my thighs..... realized how out of shape I was ! But I enjoyed it and I'm glad you had a good walk
It sure was, Cheryl. I spent a lot of time recording the service on cd's today. It was over 3 hrs. long! That's not even including the reception. Very well done.

Well, our motorcycle trip for this week-end got put off a day because of weather... the problem is, where we're going is coastal, so its wet there a lot. Anyway, if the weather does as predicted Sunday-Monday will be perfect.

I am happy that I'll be able to get at my books tomorrow too. And more time to prepare for the two trips.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #673
Big Yapper!

Just want to set the record straight: That was Laura's quote, not mine. But I agree with her. That's wonderful you captured it on film.

Too bad about the coastal weather. I hope you get to go later on. What will you do while at the coast?
Old 05-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep! I meant Laura!
I was just doing audio CD's... they will make DVD's for the family later... yes very cool too.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all!

I'm home today. Going to try to get ready & catch up on my bookwork.

I found some great u-tubes of border collies they are so clever! They also look almost exactly like Shelby (only not quite as cute as she was).
Old 05-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all!
We had a great time, wonderful weather, roads & friends. Very small village we were in... so friendly there... enjoyed the fresh halibut yummy! As per usual, I lost wt. while gone... when the choices are limited, I eat only what I can... ate 3 pieces of bacon for breakfast yesterday & it filled me up. Pretty cool.

Work was a write-off today... trouble with an online program that I was training my fill-in person to do... now she has to come back tomorrow, which means I'll lose most of my productive part of my day again today! So, its looking like leaving this Saturday is less likely. We'll see.

Hope you're all well. Still catching up.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #677
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you had such a nice time. I love how you said, "As per usual, I lost weigh while gone." Sorry for your computer glitch and maybe having to leave later than planned. Life is what happens while you're busy making plans.

It must be nice to be "shopping" online for a dog. It helps fill the void for right now, until you can actually add another member to your family. Border Collies are great dogs.

Sleep well tonight, Debby. I'll ttyt sometime.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you had fun and made it home safely ! Hope things work out to leave when you want to ...... but nice that you have such a long vaca that one day might not matter much

Hi Cheryl !!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:12 AM   #679
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi there,
Just a quick update here... yesterday was a much better "production-wise" day for me. Got somewhere on my work. Then when I got home the power went out for 2 hrs. so I was forced to do something productive... (instead of unwinding here)! So I used that time to "pack" for our trip! Made amazing progress. Also was able to take care of credit cards, insurance, etc. online when the power came back on. So things are falling together.
Then we had a long board meeting last night, so late night.
Hope we all have a blessed day
Old 05-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #680
Big Yapper!

Here's to short power outages that cause us to get moving! Glad you made use of the time, Debby. May you have a blessed day, as well. I'll be hiding out here at home, enjoying my day off! This time if it rains, I will be safe inside. Bug bites can now begin to heal.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Y'all!
Hope you're doing well. My day went well in spite of some annoying set-backs... (internet & printer problems at work; caused by the power outage yesterday)... Got lots done. I still don't have a clear picture of what I need to do before I leave. ~sigh~
Got to go for a walk to the neighbors with dh this afternoon & finished other things on the "at-home" list.
So much going on at the church, its hard to get to my do-ahead list. But I have hope. Time to vegg!
So glad you have a day to rest up & heal those bites Cheryl. Hope your diet plan/exercise/wagon go well & you feel encouraged & energized!
Old 05-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #682
Big Yapper!

Have a great day, Debby. Hope you can get to that "do ahead list" at some point.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #683
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ya!

Thanks Cheryl, I was able to get it going & finished!

I worked till 3:15 pm today (usually only work till 1). Brain even worked!

Then I came home & worked on packing & getting everything ready for the trip & dinner. We're pretty much ready! Will be able to leave first thing tomorrow.

And, what I'm more excited about then anything... I found a pup! We'll be picking her up when we get back. Can't wait!!

I've increased my thyroid meds over the last week or so. Figured out that it was too low again, by the temperature & realized that's what's been causing the bit of creeping up. So, anyway today my temp was normal again & my wt. is back to goal. Don't know why its so hard for me to clue into that! LOL I thought it was just the salt.

God is good/All the time; All the time/God is good!

Blessings all!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #684
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here she is...

Old 05-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #685
Blabbermouth!!!

She's precious !

Have a great trip and keep us posted on how it's going if you can ! Be careful and have loads of fun !
Old 05-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,
Hope she's as great as Shelby was. Will be thinking of names now... have a few coming to mind.
Well, we're hitting the road in an hour or so. Foggy weather, will do just fine.
Eating will be a puzzle for me to work out... don't think I'm going to have room for packing anything for lunch.
For safe travels.
Have a great day!
Be blessed
Old 05-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #687
Big Yapper!

Have a wonderful and safe trip! Love the new little baby girl. She's going to be amazing. You'll do fine with the eating along your travels. You know that Atkins won't let you down. You did it before and said it worked well for you. Love you, girl! Don't be a stranger. We want stories from the road.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #688
Blabbermouth!!!

last shift !!

Excited to see pics of you and pup together ! And I love picking out names, can't wait to see what you decide on after you see her "personality"

safe travels and have fun today !
Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #689
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Molly is out for her first rest-stop, out of the carrier.. wet from rain. What a mellow trouper she is! Left her mommy & daddy on a motorcycle in a storm & didn't even cry!

Last edited by DebbyL; 05-27-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Old 05-27-2013, 06:56 AM   #690
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You might notice, we picked a different dog. Molly is mellow & will have longish hair, more Australian Shepherd looks, her sister (original pic) will be a very high strung sort-haired border collie... & much too energetic & smart for us!

Molly is out for her first rest-stop, out of the carrier.. wet from rain. What a mellow trouper she is! Left her mommy & daddy on a motorcycle in a storm & didn't even cry!
She also did not cry all night, her first night away!