Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #631
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Did you send it on FB or on LCF? I haven't checked FB but didn't get anything yet on LCF. I'll check FB after I write this.

I would work about 4 hours in the morning, then have a few hours off and then go back for about 3 more. It would be doable, considering all the volunteers there are on Sunday. It is the best day of the week to be on, because of the abundance of helpers who are regulars. AND no program. I think I'll bite the bullet and do it, but it will be tough. I wish I was off Monday!

I love that: Obedience brings Joy. It's so true! I'm happy you are filled with peace. And yes; nurture the relationships that are growing in the sunshine of your love.

Goodnight to you, as well. Nearly midnight here and I still haven't taken my meds. Looks like I'll be awake for a few more hours. Oops! I'm typing away, still. Not a good way to "wind down." No wonder I need drugs!
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #632
Big Yapper!

No PM's or FB messages yet.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Oh, you're right! I just went & checked & its not in the sent file... Will have to re-type it. Will be brief. Good night!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #634
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
for you Debby ! The Lord has a plan for you
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Laura!
for you today too!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #636
Big Yapper!

I replied to your message. and to you. Have more of that peace God has been blessing you with and enjoy your day to the fullest.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #637
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I replied to your message. and to you. Have more of that peace God has been blessing you with and enjoy your day to the fullest.
Thanks Cheryl,

Your insights are appreciated. That's pretty much what we were thinking too. Today everything is back to normal, superficial... now that we're not going there. Oh well, I'll respect the boundaries &
Our power went out this morning (must of been an accident or something), so we were up for 90 minutes without power... built a little fire in my wood cook stove (since it was kind of chilly anyway). So I did get to have some hot coffee... Interesting way to start out the day.

Busy day at work. The pastors are all back.

Prayer Update - Dianne: Her DH says she is doing good, and no infection! PTL! Please keep praying for a speedy recovery, she wants to come home!
Its another gorgeous day here So beautiful!

Hope you're all havin good-uns!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #638
Big Yapper!

Sorry for the power failure but glad it didn't last too long. All your other news sounds like things are on the up and up! Somethings can only go "up" so far, but we take what we can get.

I had a good day today at the farm. Ended up having two teenage helpers; one of which was a guy! We kicked tail. We're going to try and get him to come back and help with the chores like he did today.

Going to go "chart" on my journal now. Glad your power's back on!! Being in the dark (and the cold) is no fun at all. Have a lovely night. Will keep your recovering lady in my thoughts. So glad she's doing better. Thank you, Father!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends,
Hope you're having a good day.

Pretty quiet day for me. Worked well, did laundry, got to dry it outside. No motivation for exercise... may go for a walk with dh tonight.

BBQ-ing Pork chops soon. Watching Survivor
Old 05-08-2013, 05:45 PM   #640
Big Yapper!

Hope your bbq went well! I need to bbq something asap. Everything tastes better when cooked over a flame. Why is that????
Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hope your bbq went well! I need to bbq something asap. Everything tastes better when cooked over a flame. Why is that????
It was yummy, but eaten alone... dh still working.

Just found out a family in our church lost their son in a car accident. Its been so crazy... If you think of them, pray. Thanks.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #642
Big Yapper!

Oh, Debby. The sorrow never ends. I will pray for them. Please, Lord. Somehow, give them strength to get through this.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #643
Blabbermouth!!!

that's really sad. So sorry (hugs)
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #644
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad your friend is healing. I will praynfornthat family, so tragic! Hope you are doing well!
julieboolie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #645
Blabbermouth!!!

for comfort for the family.

Hope you have a good day Debby
Old 05-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #646
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks,

He was their youngest son, only 20 yrs old. Electrocuted on the job. Most devastating.

Well, I did get my exercise in today, did my elliptical & push-ups done. I just have such a hard time going out in the beautiful day to walk alone. Feels good to have worked out though & had all windows open, so I did get fresh air.

Oh, that other "issue" I was dealing with... seems fine now.

Hope you're having a good evening!
Old 05-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #647
Big Yapper!

So terrible about that young man. Life is so tenuous. It's amazing we're still around!

I'm glad you got some exercise and fresh air. I'll bet it felt good.

You have a good night, too.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Update on Dianne: Still in intensive care. Suffering vertigo & back pain - please pray that those would go away. Pray for a bed in Prince George Hospital (closer to home) soon. Pray for quick healing of hairline cracks in T1 & T9 vertebra's. Her shoulder is dislocated - pray for healing. She understandably is "feeling blue" too. On a good note, she is not suffering pain from where the re-bar went through.

Our moto-trip tonight got canceled. Weather's going to turn rainy. Need to work on other tax return anyway.

Hope you all have a good evening
Old 05-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #649
Big Yapper!

That poor woman. I will pray for her and for those specific needs. Sorry your trip got cancelled but better than to ride in the rain. I love that you're a motorcycle momma.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #650
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Rainy day here today... started my other taxes today... then went with dh to look at a job, went out for Chinese. Then a nap, after that long drive...
DD called for mothers day...
Now we're at ds watching the grand kiddo's.
Been looking at pups online. So many of them (like Shelby) available now... hope there's some in the fall!!

Good night!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #651
Big Yapper!

Puppy shopping!!! That's my girl! The perfect puppy will be waiting for you, the moment you start seriously looking. She'll have all of Shelby's good qualities but she'll be wiser and won't try to eat bottles of cleaner. You'll be wiser too and you'll keep stuff out of harm's way. Life's lessons are painful, but we do learn from them.

Happy Mother's Day, honey. Other than the rain, it sounds like it was a pretty good one. Goodnight. I'm in so much physical pain that it really concerns me. My calves, primarily. But also my low back and in general all over. Today when I got into the car, I sat on the seat sideways and swung both legs in together, like someone who had back surgery. I NEVER get in the car like that.

I'm going to look for a massage therapist close to home and start going for massages a couple times a month. I might need to go weekly but that will eat up most of the money I earn at the farm. I need to do many things to fix myself and my diet is a big part of that. I'm sure that my eating is causing my body great inflammation. I am completely out of whack.

On that sour note, I'm off to bed. Thankfully I can sleep as late as I want to tomorrow, so Lord, please help me to sleep soundly, all the way to noon! I'm running a sleep deficit and that isn't helping matters, either.

Goodnight, Debby. Happy about the puppy shopping.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #652
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
It won't be till the fall that we can get one, beings we go on so many bike trips in the summer. But its fun looking. Lots of the same mix as Shelby available right now. Will have to hope for that special one in the fall though.

Sorry you're in so much pain. I know that feeling, it sucks! Glad you're feeling ready to tackle the next steps.

I've done induction-style the last couple of days. Since that metabolism diet my wt. has been at the top of my wt. swing & hunger, etc... feeling good on this for now & was able to enjoy eating out without the scale disappointing me.

Enjoying the end of Survivor... hope Cockrane wins...
Old 05-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #653
Big Yapper!

I thought you were back on your regular eating plan. What happened? Sorry that metabolism diet messed you up. Odd, isn't it? Wish things came with a money-back guarantee. Or a guarantee for time and suffering!

I don't watch Survivor but it sounds like fun. Where is it set this season?

I understand you need to wait until the fall but don't worry. You know that God will have that perfect fur baby ready and waiting for you when the time is right.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I was back on my norm, with the few additions. Just found my wt. at the upper end ... don't like that! Tweak time.

Survivor is in Caramoan this time. The one I've been rooting for won! Yipee!

Yeah, it remains to be seen whether we make it to fall before getting one... both of us are so missing her.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello Monday...

I didn't mention that I found someone to do data entry for me while on vacation! She came in & trained today. Will do it one more time next week... can't believe its the last week next week! Yikes! And its a short week, because its a holiday this next week-end... moto-trip here we come!

Tried working on the taxes again, hit a wall... now I'm on the search for someone else to do it cheaper than last year's accountant.

I made it the whole day without taking St. Johns & mood is good. Happy about that... still did exercise inside though.

DD is getting 2 kittens around the time we get there to visit. That should be fun!

Back to my normal diet today, doing low-carb-high-fat didn't mess me up over the week-end... pretty happy about that. I've started chewing on fennel seeds 2-3 times a day to help the magnesium & it seems to work well. It will be handy to have that EFGT WOE for traveling... much easier to order foods with that.

Hope you all have a good sleep!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #656
Big Yapper!

How has two days gone by without me coming to your journal thread? I know I've been busy, tired and in pain but I ask your forgiveness. I hear you about waiting until the fall for another dog but if you're on your way for your bike trip soon, you can't even think about that right now. Dream, plan, scheme, then get one as soon as you come home.

That's so cool that you'll get a kitten-fix at your daughter's house! That will fuel that fur-baby fire. God help you both.

Yippee on the data entry trainee and I'm sorry about the accountant situation. I hope you can get it worked out. Any way you can wait until after your trip so you can just rest and enjoy the ride? I hope so.

I'm pooped. I'll write more later, on some thread, eventually. I feel spread too thin right now! Trying to touch all the bases but I have one more day of work and then I can kick back for a couple days. Thank you Lord for days off!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #657
Blabbermouth!!!

Made it home. Had a great time, over too soon of course

Happy that you are looking for a puppy, and I agree, just take your trip and enjoy. It sounds so exciting. !! We have never been on an extended trip like that !

Yes, adding in the foods will help you so much on your trip ! How do the fennel seeds taste ?? yucky ??

Good luck with the taxes !
Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #658
Big Yapper!

You're back? I didn't know you left! Where did you go and how was your trip?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #659
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How has two days gone by without me coming to your journal thread? I know I've been busy, tired and in pain but I ask your forgiveness. I hear you about waiting until the fall for another dog but if you're on your way for your bike trip soon, you can't even think about that right now. Dream, plan, scheme, then get one as soon as you come home.

That's so cool that you'll get a kitten-fix at your daughter's house! That will fuel that fur-baby fire. God help you both.

Yippee on the data entry trainee and I'm sorry about the accountant situation. I hope you can get it worked out. Any way you can wait until after your trip so you can just rest and enjoy the ride? I hope so.

I'm pooped. I'll write more later, on some thread, eventually. I feel spread too thin right now! Trying to touch all the bases but I have one more day of work and then I can kick back for a couple days. Thank you Lord for days off!!!
Yeah, the taxes are due June 15th - in the states. So, has to happen now, or mid-trip. I printed it all off, will take a go at it when I get a morning to myself... maybe Monday. DH can't let me have a day on the week-end! Going on another over-niter Friday. That's why we have to wait till October (for a puppy)... we do this week-end traveling through-out the summer, if not a week here & week there on top of this 6 week holiday. Our summers are short, so we take advantage of them. A new puppy wouldn't do well with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Made it home. Had a great time, over too soon of course

Happy that you are looking for a puppy, and I agree, just take your trip and enjoy. It sounds so exciting. !! We have never been on an extended trip like that !

Yes, adding in the foods will help you so much on your trip ! How do the fennel seeds taste ?? yucky ??

Good luck with the taxes !
Thanks! I need luck! Or help!
Fennel seeds taste like licorice. I love licorice. Enjoy the fennel, but I am weird... you may not... I have seen it suggested on one of the shows for breath, to chew on a few seeds, so guess some others do it too.

We just got back from voting. Nice little community visit with neighbors.

Thanks for visiting gals!

Last edited by DebbyL; 05-14-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #660
Big Yapper!