Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #601
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hi, ladies. I'm sorry but it's late and I'm whipped. I took four motrin and didn't feel any relief. Just took 2 regular strength aspirin and finally my back feels human again! Work went pretty well but I "clashed" with another lady who thinks she knows-it-all. I'll write about it on the journal, eventually. I told the program director and then emailed the equine manager. They all need to know what she's like. I think they already do.

I'm hoping the pain of the loss of Shelby softens with time. She loved you every bit as much as you loved her. That's what's so wonderful about dogs. They love unconditionally, much like God does. Dog spelled backwards is God! I know; that's an old one. Anyway, a dog like her is going to take time to stop hurting over.

If you're like me, the pain will persist until you get your new dog. Then it will feel like you'll never be able to bond with him or her the way you did with the one you're mourning. And some time in the future, it happens. You become one and all is right with the world again. Oh happy day!

Sleep tight, ladies. Hugs and love all around.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #602
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Glad youre full! Much better than hungry. Hows the weight going? I look forward to seeing how this goes for you.
It is stuff and save at ON this week, i need to go. Good layering pieces and i could use a new cover up. Glad some of it worked. I have a hard time getting shirts long enough, and i have a short torso. Low jeans kill me! sorry you are missing Shelby, i would be too!
Yes, being full is much better than being hungry. I bought the app today & discovered that I was eating way too much on phase 3. My wt. went up on that phase, but its to be expected because of the carbs (plus I was eating too much fruit). That's part of the healing... should come right off in the next phase. I'm glad the phases change, each time I'm on one I look forward to the next.
Exactly, good layering. I've always been "cold" so didn't need tanks, but now I really enjoy wearing tanks. I'm short waisted too, but these t-shirts come down to my thighs... I guess its the style, hugs the tummy a bit too much for my liking. The ones I kept might get tucked in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hi, ladies. I'm sorry but it's late and I'm whipped. I took four motrin and didn't feel any relief. Just took 2 regular strength aspirin and finally my back feels human again! Work went pretty well but I "clashed" with another lady who thinks she knows-it-all. I'll write about it on the journal, eventually. I told the program director and then emailed the equine manager. They all need to know what she's like. I think they already do.
Sleep tight, ladies. Hugs and love all around.
Sorry you had miss know it all working with you today. And you're so sore... Hope it eases off.
DH got hit by a board today, so his thigh is bruised really bad & limping... poor baby... I had a feeling he was going to get hurt today.
Have a good night sleep!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #603
Big Yapper!

That's so weird how you sensed that before it happened. When you are so connected to someone, you do have a kind of intuition. I hope his discomfort doesn't last long. Thankfully it wasn't worse.

Sleep tight. Enjoy your new t-shirts! I haven't comfortably worn a t-shirt since I was 35 years old. I used to tuck them inside my pants. Now I have to wear a t-shirt for work that says I'm a staff member and I can't bring myself to do it. My arms are so large that I'd be tugging at the sleeves all afternoon just to keep them down where it's comfortable.

I think I'm going to have to wear another shirt underneath that has longer sleeves. So far, nobody's yelling at me for not wearing it. I'm wearing my badge with my name on it! I'm not totally noncompliant.

Hope your snow melts, Debby. Happy mud days again! It's dry as dirt around here. Like AZ, without the scorpions!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #604
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I actually do get "warnings" I believe from the HS usually to get me to pray.

I know about being ashamed of arms. I still don't like my upper arms, they're still tightening up (I hope)! Wish I wouldn't have gained the 40 lbs this last time... because its getting hard for the skin to shrink up the more yrs go by.

Felt like I was constantly eating & full today... weird. But came short on calories only 1000.

This diet reminds me of your "loading" on phase 3. First 2 phases you lose wt. then the 3rd phase you gain some back. It will be interesting to see if I can "settle-in" to it. Its been a real head-scratcher I'm so much about eating the same old-same old... this diet changes the foods you can eat with each phase. Sure glad I got the app. it lists the food choices, make it much easier.

Today was much better in the "grieving" area. I think I may have finally accepted it.

Sure hope you gals had good days!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 PM   #605
Big Yapper!

Grief leaves one person and passes to others. We put our old goat down tonight. I wrote about it on the horse lover's thread and on my journal, too. Probably more detail on the horse lover's thread. It's almost 3 am so I'm not sure which is which at this point. I didn't return home from the farm until 10pm! I planned to leave at 8 but then I was told the Vet was coming and Lucy was most likely going to be euthanized. I had to stay. It meant so much to me to be a part of her passing. Having been a hospice nurse, I guess it's second nature. I hope I have people holding me close and telling me it's going to be okay when it's my time to let go.

I'm so glad you are feeling relief. Shelby's energy will be with you always. Maybe you'll even see some similarities in the new pup you get in the fall.

I had a really weird, unexplainable thing happen when I got Cisco as a pup. The dog I had before her was struck and killed on the street where we had moved into a home on a lake, just 2 months before. Two weeks later, I couldn't take it any longer and I adopted little fluffy 8-week old Cisco.

One day I took her on the leash out to the street (long driveway; nothing like yours, but still long) to go get my mail. She was fine. There were no cars passing by or anything but all of a sudden, it was as if she saw a ghost. She was pulling with all her might to get back down the driveway to the house. She didn't let up until we got back and I put her inside. I honestly believe she sensed what happened to Keisha. Not necessarily that her spirit was hanging around, but that she sensed that death happened there not long ago.

There is no other explanation I can come up with. I trust that animals have sensitivities that we (for the most part) lack.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #606
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, sweet story Cheryl.

Well, we had an interesting phone call last night. DD had to tell us... DGD4 has been very concerned for me, about Shelby. Also where Shelby is... she started asking questions about heaven... this has apparently been going on since last week... Well, yesterday, in the dressing room (after swimming) she asked if she could ask Jesus in her heart. So DD prayed with her right then & there. PTL!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #607
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
Debby !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #608
Big Yapper!

How sweet is that!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its a beautiful day today, so we're going for an over-niter to Burns lake, which is about 90 minutes away. Just an excuse to ride the motorcycle.

Hope you're enjoying a beautiful day too.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #610
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you have a great time !
Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #611
Big Yapper!

HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #612
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Honey I'm home!

We had a good ride, I kept to my plan & ate everything I packed. Pretty perfect. Even had at least an hour of hiking in there today.

Hope you enjoyed a beautiful sunny Saturday like we did! Wow, it was gorgeous! The grass turned green overnight & my hummingbird was here waiting for me. So cute.
Have a good Saturday night!

Oh! prayer: Please pray for a friend of mine. She's a young grandma (like you Laura), she was at the construction site (they're building a new home) and she fell down the stairs onto some re-bar (those dirty-rusty metal rods used in concrete). It impaled her through the buttocks-hip area, missing all vital organs. But they had to cut it down to take her to hospital. Please pray for the doctors. This is going to be one difficult case to figure out, and of course pray for Dianne for complete healing & speedy recovery... thanks
Old 05-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #613
Blabbermouth!!!

that's great that you had such a good time ! I'm glad

Will lift your friend Dianne in prayer ... so sorry to hear that happened. My DH used to work in the oil field when we were 1st married and he fell onto re bar and it went in his thigh a few inches. Very painful.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #614
Big Yapper!

Just reading all this now. I prayed for her but by now she must be "bar-less." I prayed a prayer of thanks that it didn't puncture anything vital and that there would be no lingering neurological or muscular effects. Also that there will be no infection or tetanus, etc. Poor lady! What a freaky thing to have happen. Re-bar is some nasty stuff!

I'm glad you had a good time on your over-night and WTG on sticking to the foods you brought. What a blessing to have the hummer waiting for you! And the grass greening up is lovely, isn't it? The greens of early Spring just can't be beat.

Have an awesome Sunday, ladies. I'm back to work today.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #615
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for praying! Dianne had her surgery in Vancouver. Her dd says she is doing OK right now. We're still praying.

I'm going back to my normal diet + a few things I learned from that plan. My system just gets too distressed. I'm going to continue with eating a bit more fruit than I was. Its been good for me, trying the different plans, to broaden my list of foods that work for me.

Its going to be 75 degrees here today! Whoo Hoo!
Hope your day goes super-duper good!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #616
Big Yapper!

That's even warmer than it will be here, Debby! Lucky you!

I hope it goes super-duper good, too. Thank you.

I'm glad your friend is recovering. I hope her healing process goes without a single hitch.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #617
Blabbermouth!!!

So happy that she is doing ok ! Answered prayers <3

Glad you both are having some of the wonderful weather we are having here. It's awesome !!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #618
Blabbermouth!!!

Forgot to tell you , DH's cousin in Okla and her DH tried out for Biggest Loser ..... don't know if they have heard anything back yet.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #619
Big Yapper!

Wow, Laura! That will be wild if they get on the show. You'll have to PM us their names so we can watch their transformations. BL is TOUGH. I hope they know what they're in for.

Like the new/old Avi, honey.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #620
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, she didn't get called. Said they will make a video and try again ;/

thought is was kinda neat that they tried
Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #621
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! That would be so cool to know somebody that's on the show!! Hope they do!
A friend of mine from church just finished a stay at a Biggest Loser Resort in Arizona. Can't wait to see her! I'd love to do that too, but likely never will...
Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #622
Big Yapper!

That's too bad, Laura. But they put those people through @$%^! on that show. I really don't agree with their methods, either. Yes, they are being monitored by Dr's and stuff but you can't push yourself like that when you were living on a couch for the past 30 years of your life, stuffing pizza, donuts and chips down your gullet. I don't think it's safe. I think it's NUTS.

It is really cool though, when they get near to the end and they have contests to win cars, fly to Australia, etc. That stuff would be worth it all. Those contestants have some real moxy!

Goodnight, ladies. I need my beauty sleep. (Har har har. Read my journal, if you already haven't.)
Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #623
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, too bad. Hopefully they can get back in shape & lose weight anyway! No fun being that heavy.

Well, happy Monday everyone.
Praying for a good day for all. I have a new conflict going on... really praying & trying not to let it pull me down. In HIM we are victors!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #624
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
I hope your friend is doing better, prayed for her! Sounds awful!!

I think you are wise to go back to your way of eating. Maybe adding some of the new ideas will be good too. I think you are pretty stable where you are, right? And I agree, I would love to get my skin to tighten up. I hope exercise will help w/ that, but am not putting too much hope into it!

Hope you are all having a good week!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #625
Big Yapper!

Debby, I hope this "new situation" isn't anything too large.

I hope we all have a great week too, Julie. all around.

Come to my journal if you want to see what I look like "the morning after" the farm incident.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

(hugs) praying that your situation will get better !
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #627
Big Yapper!

Debby, are things better? Please let us know. We you.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #628
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Debby, are things better? Please let us know. We you.
Thanks so much for asking & PRAYING!

Things went south again. Will be making one less stop on our trip. But the God of Comfort is with me. My redeemer & strong tower. PTL.

Cheryl you sure had a busy day! Just read your blog. Will definitely pray for you tomorrow for your time with the difficult one.

Julie I'm so much happier on my own diet! My friend is still in intensive care, in & out of consciousness. Apparently she hit her head too. They put a pin in her broken wrist today, and her white blood count is high. Still needs much prayer.

The day was absolutely gorgeous So wonderful!

I went to town today, walked everywhere... Checked in with my Dr. today. My thyroid is in normal zone again... a little over 1.1 now so I can go 2 months without a test now. Good thing, because I'm going to be gone till then.

Have a good sleep everyone! God bless!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #629
Big Yapper!

Wow. I'm sorry, Debby. I will pray about your friend in ICU. She sounds like she's very unstable. God, please watch over her. Bring her through this episode in her life and give those who love her comfort and peace.

I don't know what happened that has altered your route plans but that really makes me sad for you. You've had more than your share of sadness these past few weeks and you deserve a break. If it helps you to hear this, we love you, sweetie.

I'm happy you are so content on your diet. I'm content on mine but it's not helping me lose any weight or make money stretch! But boy oh boy is it yummy. I should live out in the Boonies like you do so there would be no delivery or take-out food. That would solve a large part of my problems with my weight.

Glad your thyroid is behaving. Love the way you find ways to use that Bee! I've never used it one time. It's a cute one, though!

Sweet dreams, ladies. I'm off to try and wind down. I just got asked to do the morning shift this coming Sunday, which will mean I'll do both shifts that day. And it's Mother's Day. The good thing about Sunday is 1: No Program lessons or madness and 2: Lots of great volunteers in both morning and afternoon. I'm leaning toward "yes" but I told her I wanted to sleep on it. I regret my hastily-made decisions. I'm learning, Lord! I am learning.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #630
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's good you're sleeping on it. Could be exhausting! Did you ever work the full day before?

I sent you a private message, did you get it? Does some explaining.

I am amazed by the peace I have. And it bumped me out of my grieving for now too. So, that's another blessing. Thanks, it does mean a lot to me. The Lord told me to pour into those relationships I have that are not so dysfunctional. I needed that, so I wrote to a couple more of my relatives & hope to keep in touch with them more now. Obedience brings joy.

Good night!