Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
so what do you weigh now ?? You want to go below 126 ?

Hope you like your new diet. It sounds kinda complicated to me !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #572
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Today I was 128, or just a hair under... it goes up & down between 126-129. I wouldn't mind losing a few more lbs, but mostly would like to slim my waist, which this is supposed to do.

I like some of it, just not the all protein days (2 days out of 7). It's supposed to be strengthening my adrenals & metabolism, so I really want to get those results mostly.

Nothing is too complicated the way I do it... pretty basic. (you know me & cooking)!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #573
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
have my niece's confirmation in Houston tomorrow morning with most of the family there....DH couldn't get off No one would trade with him.

Both my DS's and family will be there, excited. Should be a great day

I have plans to go out to eat with a friend from my last job Monday night. Hope that works out.... I miss them

Have plans to do something really neat on Wed night with 2 girls from work. There is a place an hour from here that puts on a thing called "painting the town" ~~ they have a theme for the night ( it will be a cross ) and you go to the class with about 20 people ~~ bring your own wine,etc.... and they have snacks and they teach you techniques about painting and you take your painting home with you !
I have NO talent, but I think it will be fun. I know several people who have done it, and they all love it !
Just something different to do ...... that's what I need !
That painting thing sounds like so much fun! I wish DH could attend the confirmation. Enjoy your reunion with the old co-workers. No moss growing on you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks,

Hope you two had a great day too.
Had to finish up with accountant today. But its done.
DH was in a bow-shoot event all day & will be half of tomorrow too. I just didn't feel up to socializing or being outside for 9 hrs. It was nice to relax & just do my own thing today.

Finished up Phase 2 on FMD. Restricted to only to strength training in this phase. I'm looking forward to phase 3 tomorrow... this high protein phase kills me. (constipation).

Tomorrow I get to eat healthy fats, fruit & a bit of grain. This phase is to last 3 days & supposed to be the big "losing" phase. We'll see... Both other phases I lost on too. Mostly on phase 1 though.

Lots of pinterest recipes posted for you recipe lovers... hayliepomroy
That's a relief; having the taxes behind you. I'm with you on the bow-shoot thing. A couple of hours of socializing is okay but not 9. I'll bet lots of people who are just there with their spouses just take a book and find a quiet little place in the sun to read.

Glad you're entering a lighter phase in the plan. I know you have those stubborn gut problems on LC/HF. Taking two mag oxide pills vs the one I used to take made all the difference for me.

Sorry I didn't come by "your place" yesterday. I was at home and watching other stuff on Netflix and HGTV. There is a program I really like called "Income Property." My other favorite ("Property Brothers") appears to have disappeared. I don't even see commercials for it anymore. I loved their show too.

I don't watch it because I want to buy a home, I just enjoy realty stuff. And I love the shows (like these two) that take a ratty, nasty home with good bones and turn it into a showplace. Really stretches the imagination.

Anyway, that's how I spent yesterday. I hope you both have a nice Sunday and that you are blessed. I plan to do more of what I did yesterday, but with a load of laundry thrown in.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #574
Big Yapper!

Ha! Just turned on HGTV and what's on? Property Brothers!! Guess what I'll be doing for the next few hours.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I might of gone for 2 hrs. if it was a nice sunny day... but it rained & even snowed! Brrrr! So glad I didn't go. Our friend was trying to get me to enter it too. nah!

The extra magnesium doesn't help me enough. My system is very conservative! Anyway, I'm really enjoying this new phase. Low glycemic fruit & veggies, nuts, healthy fats, protein & even grains! If I continue to lose wt. on this phase I'm going to be flabbergasted!

Sounds like a nice day watching your fav shows.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #576
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, this phase 3 is heavenly... But I am stuffed!
I made a mistake with the nuts, shouldn't have eaten the smoked almonds, supposed to be "raw almonds). Still, my calories came to 1,534.
So happy to have eaten 3 fruits, oatmeal & oatbran. Have a feeling I might be "up" tomorrow, from the salty almonds, we will see! Actually, it will be a relief not to get so stuffed... don't like the feeling anymore (who knew)!?

Hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope it continues to surprise you ! Sounds like your body is doing really well....
Old 04-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #578
Big Yapper!

Sending hugs and kisses tonight. Sleep well and have excellent dreams. I'm off to bed now. Gotta get up early and take the car up to the mechanic so he can check if there's a leak in my power steering line. It's been perfect since he topped off the reservoir on Thursday so if it is a very slow leak and the cost of fixing it is pretty high, I may just take my chances. But how high could it be? Labor charges are what they get ya with. This little motor isn't easy to access.

Wish me luck! Have the farm tomorrow too, and it's the first day of program. Only have lessons scheduled for 5 and 6 pm and I'm one of the side-walkers for one of the kids. Will have to hustle and get things done as best as I can. If horses are being used in the 5 and 6 lessons, I need to feed them their grain early. I'll get used to the whole thing but it will take time and I'll have to take a lot of deep breaths. Prayers appreciated.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #579
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,

I think I kind of blew it today with the wrong kind of almonds... but not too worried about it. I really like pt 1 & pt3... just have to endure pt 2 for 2 days a week. Gotta get the magnesium stuff figured out for that part, I guess.

Have a good night!

Oh, I got to hug & love my grand-kids dog this afternoon... she indulged me... even came back for more later. Very therapeutic.

Last edited by DebbyL; 04-28-2013 at 08:12 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Oh, I got to hug & love my grand-kids dog this afternoon... she indulged me... even came back for more later. Very therapeutic.

so sweet.......
Old 04-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Sending hugs and kisses tonight. Sleep well and have excellent dreams. I'm off to bed now. Gotta get up early and take the car up to the mechanic so he can check if there's a leak in my power steering line. It's been perfect since he topped off the reservoir on Thursday so if it is a very slow leak and the cost of fixing it is pretty high, I may just take my chances. But how high could it be? Labor charges are what they get ya with. This little motor isn't easy to access.

Wish me luck! Have the farm tomorrow too, and it's the first day of program. Only have lessons scheduled for 5 and 6 pm and I'm one of the side-walkers for one of the kids. Will have to hustle and get things done as best as I can. If horses are being used in the 5 and 6 lessons, I need to feed them their grain early. I'll get used to the whole thing but it will take time and I'll have to take a lot of deep breaths. Prayers appreciated.
God bless your day tomorrow! Have a great day bringing joy to the kiddo & horses!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #582
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Debby. I'm so glad you got a puppy fix. It does help.

I posted a picture of a side walker during a therapeutic riding session. I found it online and it's what I will be doing with the little girl each Monday afternoon. I probably said all this before but here it is:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg side walker.jpg (92.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #583
Big Yapper!

Have a wonderful day, ladies.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you, Debby. I'm so glad you got a puppy fix. It does help.

I posted a picture of a side walker during a therapeutic riding session. I found it online and it's what I will be doing with the little girl each Monday afternoon. I probably said all this before but here it is:
Cool! So will you be the one in the front, or beside the child? Its going to be so rewarding. You can't help absorb the enthusiasm of children! Love it!
Bless you!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #585
Big Yapper!

No, I'm acting as a side-walker. The one in the front is the leader and their focus is entirely on the horse and listening to what the instructor is telling them to do; such as whether to turn, walk in a certain pattern, trot, etc. I'd rather be a leader but what I'd REALLY rather is that I was doing this on a day when I wasn't already doing the barn work. I just need to be a little more organized and get things set up so I'm prepared to be "gone" for an hour.

What the side-walker is doing in the picture is called "arm over thigh." Sometimes the rider only needs a heel hold, and that's much easier. The child I'll be side walking with needs arm-over-thigh and a little heel away from horse's body. It's tough cause I have to twist my left arm around to grasp her heel. If I could grab the toe of her shoe, it would be easier. I'm hoping I don't have to do that this time. The only reason they had us do that is because the horse she rides is sensitive to things touching her flank. I think it would be better to get her desensitized and leave the girls feet right where they are.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Cheryl,
That sounds contorted. Hopefully the horses aren't too tall. Hope it all goes well & nobody gets hurt (you)!

I'm on the blue side again today... seems to be true 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

This phase of the FMD is so much food. I'm getting sick of eating & especially broccoli! Need to get some different veggies tomorrow.

Hope y'all are having good days...
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #587
Big Yapper!

OMG, Debby. I'll write about my day at the farm on my journal so I don't clog up yours but it was hectic! I'm sorry you are feeling the loss so strongly at times but that's the danger of loving someone or something that much. The absence of them breaks your heart. I really hope when you come home from your trip, you think about adopting a lonely little puppy at your local pound. Both of your broken hearts can be mended in one single union.

Might not write about my day until tomorrow. I'd like to actually rest. And the manager wants me to call her and tell her how it all went! So even though I'm home, I'm not actually done. I wish she would just read my "letter" when she gets off work and gets back home but that's not going to happen. I called her and left a voicemail. It's probably one she'll want to save.

Night, honey. May God give you peace each and every day.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #588
Blabbermouth!!!

Blue today here too...... kinda cranky too .......;/
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #589
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG, Debby. I'll write about my day at the farm on my journal so I don't clog up yours but it was hectic! I'm sorry you are feeling the loss so strongly at times but that's the danger of loving someone or something that much. The absence of them breaks your heart. I really hope when you come home from your trip, you think about adopting a lonely little puppy at your local pound. Both of your broken hearts can be mended in one single union.

Might not write about my day until tomorrow. I'd like to actually rest. And the manager wants me to call her and tell her how it all went! So even though I'm home, I'm not actually done. I wish she would just read my "letter" when she gets off work and gets back home but that's not going to happen. I called her and left a voicemail. It's probably one she'll want to save.

Night, honey. May God give you peace each and every day.
Thanks Cheryl, We plan on to get a puppy in the fall, after motorcycle season. We'll get one close to the same breed & raise from a puppy. Though I did get way too attached, she was so much more teachable being she grew up with us. There's also is a shortage of dogs in our area (at least the breeds that we would consider). I did a search online & there are several pups available right now that are exactly the same mix... just hope there will be more in the fall.
I'm really curious about your day, sounds like it went well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Blue today here too...... kinda cranky too .......;/
So sorry Laura. Hope you feel better!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #590
Big Yapper!

Not exactly, Debby! That sounds like a great plan. (Dog in the Fall.)

Laura, dang it! No sadness allowed! No crankiness, either. We are woman. Hear us roar!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #591
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Look whose the cheerleader now! I love it! So good that we're not all down at the same time!
Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #592
Big Yapper!

That's how it works, sister!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #593
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its a beautiful snow-covered day here in Smithers! April is going out with a laugh!

Feeling cheerier today, thanks for your prayers. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #594
Big Yapper!

NO WAY! At least you can laugh about it. I hope it was just a dusting. But I have to tell you, it's hard to feel sorry for you, knowing how absolutely drop-dead gorgeous it is where you live. No matter what the weather, you have GRANDEUR! I miss grandeur so much. I need to take trips at least every couple of years to get a fix of grandeur. Will have to start a fund for vacations.

And thank you Lord for hearing our prayers and lightening our dear friends spirit!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #595
Blabbermouth!!!

so glad you feel better ! I do too...... DH and I had some deep conversations last night and I felt stressed.... need to do some home repairs and lack of money ;(

Snow sounds wonderful to me as usual

Cheryl, a vacation fund sounds great !
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #596
Big Yapper!

Laura, is there any chance you could barter for the services you need with your repairs? I hear bartering is coming back big-time due to the state of our economy. Google and see what comes up in your area. It couldn't hurt! Sometimes someone will take something in trade. Do you have anything of value that you'd be willing to part with in exchange? Worth thinking about!

Glad you're feeling better.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #597
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh good Laura glad you got things resolved & feeling better.

My day went fine, went shopping, wow things just keep getting more & more expensive.

Got my blood test done, rolled down my sweater sleeve, talking to the nurse & she gasp... blood gushed from my inner elbow to my wrist, soaking my sweater through. Weird huh? First time that's ever happened to me. Wonder if I'm taking too much of something... got my sweater rinsed out & in a plastic bag before leaving the hospital, so it should be fine.

Its so sad coming home... singing Jesus, Jesus, Jesus - Sweetest Name I know half the way home. Its one week today that Shelby left. I'm pitiful, I know...

I got my Old Navy order, haven't looked at it yet.

Best hang up my clothes & check out my new tanks.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #598
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

My day went fine, went shopping, wow things just keep getting more & more expensive.

Got my blood test done, rolled down my sweater sleeve, talking to the nurse & she gasp... blood gushed from my inner elbow to my wrist, soaking my sweater through. Weird huh? First time that's ever happened to me. Wonder if I'm taking too much of something... got my sweater rinsed out & in a plastic bag before leaving the hospital, so it should be fine.

Its so sad coming home... singing Jesus, Jesus, Jesus - Sweetest Name I know half the way home. Its one week today that Shelby left. I'm pitiful, I know...

Thanks, I do feel better We just remodeled about 8 yrs ago, and so much needs doing, or re-doing. Just unbelievable how much it costs. We took out a loan last time, and guess we may have to this time too.

What all did you buy ?
I like old navy too, there stuff is so comfy !

Just walked Allie ......wow ! it's hot and humid out there. We got lots of rain and it's very steamy

Sorry you are still missing your Shelby, I would be too
Old 04-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah yes. My husband is a carpenter, does lots of that. Finish work is very expensive, so time consuming.

Well, I ordered an assortment of 10 t-shirts & tanks. Kept 5, sending the rest back. They're super, we don't have a store here (of course)... so buy it online & the shipping is free, as is the return postage. I couldn't even remember what I ordered! One thing though, most of them are just so long... I don't like that.

Ewe humidity!

Oh, just for you guys info, you can get the Fast Metabolism Diet app (1.99). It tells you what you can eat for each stage... I like it! Very simple.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #600
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Quote:
Well, this phase 3 is heavenly... But I am stuffed!
I made a mistake with the nuts, shouldn't have eaten the smoked almonds, supposed to be "raw almonds). Still, my calories came to 1,534.
So happy to have eaten 3 fruits, oatmeal & oatbran. Have a feeling I might be "up" tomorrow, from the salty almonds, we will see! Actually, it will be a relief not to get so stuffed... don't like the feeling anymore (who knew)!?

Hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday!
Glad youre full! Much better than hungry. Hows the weight going? I look forward to seeing how this goes for you.

Quote:

It is stuff and save at ON this week, i need to go. Good layering pieces and i could use a new cover up. Glad some of it worked. I have a hard time getting shirts long enough, and i have a short torso. Low jeans kill me! sorry you are missing Shelby, i would be too!

Hi Laura and Cheryl too!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote