Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I hope it all came together as it should and that you get a nice workout soon. Have a nice day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Let us know how it goes with Flex Force! It is exciting to get a new piece of exercise equipment. And it arrive just in time for the cold winter -- when most of us prefer to exercise indoors rather than outdoors. Hope you have a great evening!
Thanks,
I did it! Since I didn't do many yesterday, I tried to do all of them, but I ended up 4 out of 5 cards. Had to use the tougher pulley (advanced), because the intermediate wasn't doing anything. I used that yesterday & it didn't stress the muscles & felt nothing next day. So, when I used the advanced, I REALLY felt it!
I guess the push-ups, nordic track & elliptical have been building my muscles more then I thought.
I'm hoping the back strengthening will help my posture. I've always hunched over & sitting at a computer most of every day is making it harder & harder to straighten up.... so aging!
So, anyway, even though I am starting at advanced, you can hook up more than one cable as you need more challenge, so I'm assuming this machine will do the trick. Need to find out where I can order the DVD that's supposed to go with it, but its pretty good just following the pictures & instructions for each.
Thanks for asking!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Debby, that is so awesome that you are starting at Advanced! So not only did you lose a whole bunch of weight but you also got stronger and more fit in the process. Not everyone achieves that! You can tell from that photo of you in the costume that you are fit too. Yay! I know what you mean about posture. I, too, sit hunched over a computer and I have always had bad posture which just makes you look fatter.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah Gail, you're too kind!

Yep, the slouch definitely makes us look fatter... puts the tummy in the wrong place! Better posture would help with the saggy neck thing too. I'm concentrating on trying to lift my head when I'm on the computer more, to help that. Hoping...

Well, the temperature really dropped overnight. It was only 20 degrees this morning & even got colder. Its a bit above that now, but sure had to have my long-johns on this morning! But it sure was a gorgeous day! Bright & sunny.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #34
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You have a Nordic Track and an Elliptical and still wanted another machine? Sounds to me like you really didn't need it. You sound pretty fit already, Debby. I hope you enjoy all your indoor workouts through the long winter ahead.

Speaking of posture, they make special bras that synch you up tightly in the scapula area that is supposed to help straighten you up a lot. The rest is just mindfulness. I notice I slouch a lot more at this age than I did when I was younger. I'm hoping that will go away along with the excess weight. I want so much to feel younger again.

Have a great night, ladies. See you tomorrow.
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You have a Nordic Track and an Elliptical and still wanted another machine? Sounds to me like you really didn't need it. You sound pretty fit already, Debby. I hope you enjoy all your indoor workouts through the long winter ahead.

Speaking of posture, they make special bras that synch you up tightly in the scapula area that is supposed to help straighten you up a lot. The rest is just mindfulness. I notice I slouch a lot more at this age than I did when I was younger. I'm hoping that will go away along with the excess weight. I want so much to feel younger again.

Have a great night, ladies. See you tomorrow.
Yeah, you're right about that, Cheryl... that's why I have to give my Nordic track away. dh says... But according to what I've read online, we need to do weights for bone-density as we age & for thyroids its better than aerobics. So, that's my story & I'm sticking to it!

Wondering if I'll lose a dress size with getting "toned"... will be interesting. Unknown territory to me!

I've looked at those bras in catalogs, wondering if it would help. But my feeling is that it would be like girdles... worse on your muscles because they don't have to do the job. Have you ever tried them? I've always had a posture problem. I can even see it in my 1st grade school picture. My mom also had the same, so it might be partly hereditary.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #36
Big Yapper!

Oh, well if it's hereditary and been affecting you all your life (posture), just try to be more conscious of it and "straighten up." I've never needed one of those bras but I hear you and that's a good point. It would weaken your muscles over time and repeated use.

DH wants you to part with the Nordic Track now? Is it a ski machine? My old elliptical was a NT which is why I'm asking. Weight training is better than aerobics for those with thyroid issues? Can you elaborate on this for me? I hate cardio and any excuse not to do it is highly sought-after.

You already look so slim, Debby. If you lost another dress size, would you still exist? Don't want you to fade away completely.

Have an awesome day. Have you been getting more snow lately? Any more horsey visitors? How's the pooch?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Cheryl, where do you find those bras? I need to ge one! Debby, Cheryl is right. You don't need to lose another dress size. Honestly, you look PERFECT -- slim and fit.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #38
Big Yapper!

I've seen them advertised on TV but have no idea where to buy them. I'd look on Amazon or just google to see what comes up.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
DH wants you to part with the Nordic Track now? Is it a ski machine? My old elliptical was a NT which is why I'm asking. Weight training is better than aerobics for those with thyroid issues? Can you elaborate on this for me? I hate cardio and any excuse not to do it is highly sought-after.

You already look so slim, Debby. If you lost another dress size, would you still exist? Don't want you to fade away completely.

Have an awesome day. Have you been getting more snow lately? Any more horsey visitors? How's the pooch?
Yep, the family room is getting to full of my equipment for him... My pastor's family might take it. I'll feel better about parting with it if it goes to someone that will use it.
Cheryl, I sent you an article through facebook messages, since they don't let you post links here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Cheryl, where do you find those bras? I need to ge one! Debby, Cheryl is right. You don't need to lose another dress size. Honestly, you look PERFECT -- slim and fit.
You're probably right, my dh says so too. But I'd like to firm up, so just wondering what that's going to look like.

I used it today, still not sure what I'm supposed to be doing, might have done too much again. Took me 40 minutes... Sweat!!

Also took Shelby for a 20 minute ski, which made her happy. She also went with dh for snow-shoe hike... which he was the lucky one to be on snow shoes... trying to make her burn lots of energy... she's doing great! But getting way more energetic!

I'm feeling great again. Thyroid is better regulated again. I came home & vacuumed the house, finished the laundry & all that exercise... still feel totally energized. I keep amazing myself. Imagine how dh feels seeing this stranger in the house!

Hope you're all doing well too! Be blessed.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #40
Big Yapper!

I will have to go look for that article on FB now. I never read my messages there. Bad habit I guess. You are doing so well, Debby! Wish you could keep the nordic track but you must keep the peace at home. Shelby is a lucky dog to have such a lovely place to roam with her family.

You're a busy bee! I'm a lazy bee today. Slept very late and didn't bother opening most of the blinds. It's going to be dark again sooner than later. I'd just have to go around and close them all again in about 4 hours anyway. Gloomy and wet here today and will be all weekend long and into next week. Will have two muddy, nasty days at the farm coming up. Exhausting.

Have a great day, Deb. Off to FB now.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad you enjoyed the article Cheryl, I did too. I go back & read it & all the other articles I've found, helps a lot. Nice for you to have a lazy day once in a while, long as it doesn't make you feel down. Yes indeed, we are blessed to live where we do. And its always good to have a heart of gratitude for our blessings.

I had a rather productive day today. Forgot to take my Isocort till late (again), so took less. I must not need it, didn't notice any difference! Which is great, if that's true then my adrenals must be getting better. Will proceed cautiously.

I was so happy yesterday I thought of a great present for my dd's family. A family pass to their local pool. Dh agreed & we got it. Now I can't wait till Christmas, to see how they like it! Need to think of something that easy for ds's family. I took Shelby to the vet for her 2nd vaccination. Of course she got sick in the crate, both ways. Took her a couple of hours to recuperate from it (she's still sleepy). Vet said she gained 7 lbs. since she was last there. Also pointed out that she was at the stage in her growth where her back legs are longer! Sure enough, her but is uphill! I got some homeopathic car-sickness drops for her, but they didn't work today!

I bought her a halter-style collar & leash for taking her places like that, because she was gagging herself not to get into the car. I was trying to get her to jump in, instead of picking her up. Then after vet, she jumped up on her own (guess she didn't like choking either)! Have to take the halter back, its too big... then noticed they didn't even charge me for it! Oops... easier for me, I'll just put it back & buy a smaller size.

Town was crazy. The parking lot was full, people Christmas shopping.

Since Shelby wasn't feeling good & it was so late, I opted for doing my elliptical tonight... break day for Flex.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #42
Big Yapper!

She is fearful of the Vet or of riding in the car in general? Most dogs love the car. Have you taken her for rides for things that would be fun or does she think the car = the vet? If she could ride in the car and stick her face out the window as you drive down some dirt back roads, she'd think differently.

That pool idea is a good one! I hope you can think of a good one for you ds's family. I'm sure you will. I'm glad Shelby is doing well, other than her fear of the Vet and car. She's little and she's not had an easy road in her young life. She'll do fine over time.

Have a good night, Debbie. I'm going to try and settle down and get relaxed for bed. It's almost midnight here. Sweet dreams!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, Driving home (7 hour drive) when we picked her up started the dislike of cars... then vet & being sick... then when I took her for a "fun" ride to play at neighbors she went & ate that mouse, got sick... So, its not going so well with learning to enjoy it... When weather warms up for riding in the truck she'll probably love it. We'll just have to work on it.

Good night!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
I love your before/after pics ! Wow ! You are doing great and the workouts to boot Love hearing about the snow and how well you are maintaining. Hope you don't mind if I join you all ~~ your journal is really nice .
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Nana
Happy to have you, and thanks, for the compliments.
I see we both love a Shelby! Named my puppy Shelby. You have more grandchildren? I have 7

Its good for me to keep track of how I'm feeling, and what effects my health, with this thyroid/adrenal issue, so that may be a bit boring, but glad you enjoy it.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh thanks, I enjoy people who are family and faith oriented So nice..

Yep, I only have one granddaughter so far. Spoiled rotten ! She is 2 ..wow, 7 ! You will have lots of presents to buy and lots of excited little ones ! How sweet ~~
Old 12-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #47
Big Yapper!

Waving hello to you lovely ladies before I get ready for my horse farm day. Perfect "mud weather." Horses will be caked from rolling. Will be exhausted when I am through but I will feel good that I made them pretty again, if only for a little while.

And I'd puke any time I saw a car up close if I was Shelby, too! She needs lots of good car experiences to outweigh the bad ones. Maybe short trips that have nothing but good endings. She won't catch on to what you're doing. Dogs are a little dim that way.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hear you, Nana... Faith & family oriented is much better then "me-oriented"... God is GOOD!!

Cheryl hope you had fun in the mud today!

My freezer job went really fast! Found a few things I'd forgotten, which is always nice. This old deep-freeze has been the best freezer. Doesn't wreck things that are in there too long. Bought used for $50 back in 1985!

I seem to be finding areas to "spring-clean" & organize every day... just a little & it feels SO GOOD!!

I had a bunch of fun... putting my 1939 get-up together. Have to move some buttons on the wrap around skirt... smaller! Also had to make new holes for belt, didn't realize it was so big... rigged the extra holding loop out of a twist-tie.

While looking for head-bands I found a bunch of my 60's dresses... tried them on, & they fit! Gramsy in mini! LOL! Don't have the nerve to wear them to church, will stick to the suede suit (with bell-bottoms). Weird thing, those & tomorrow's outfit are brown! I never wear brown... funny.

I just finished my Flex time (40 minutes) for today... Did lower body & abs. Wow! That's gotta do something!
It was too cold for me to go skiing or walking, so I threw Shelby in the van & drove to the end of our driveway (1.2 mile) twice & had her run behind to get her exercise. She did super! 25 miles per hour! She still doesn't want to get in the van, but I hope that will eventually cure her hatred of the car. It sure worked on her excess energy!
Old 12-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #49
Big Yapper!

So many good things to comment on in your latest post! 1985? What a bargain that was! Mini's to church: bad idea! Poor Shelby! 25 mph sounds pretty fast for a dog her age. Did she enjoy it? You're sure getting your money's worth out of the Flex Force, too. You're a little dynamo!

Have fun at church tomorrow. Don't forget to take a pic of your costume. I love to see them. Night! Love and hugs to all. Oh; I did have a good mud day. All I did was groom which was a first! I did no paddock cleaning or feeding. It was exactly how I would have orchestrated my time there if I had been given the chance to choose.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So many good things to comment on in your latest post! 1985? What a bargain that was! Mini's to church: bad idea! Poor Shelby! 25 mph sounds pretty fast for a dog her age. Did she enjoy it? You're sure getting your money's worth out of the Flex Force, too. You're a little dynamo!
Have fun at church tomorrow. Don't forget to take a pic of your costume. I love to see them. Night! Love and hugs to all. Oh; I did have a good mud day. All I did was groom which was a first! I did no paddock cleaning or feeding. It was exactly how I would have orchestrated my time there if I had been given the chance to choose.
Yep, she enjoyed it. I just sped up to keep her from getting out of my mirror view. Didn't want her beside the van. So it was her that set the speed.
Thanks, I will have fun tomorrow.
Glad you had the perfect day at the barn. Feels good to accomplish stuff, hey?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oops just realized I made a mistake... its 25 kilometers not miles per hr.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #52
Big Yapper!

OH! Okay. That makes a lot more sense. I don't know how much that is in mph but I can google it. Poor doggie! Mommy abuse.

Yes, it feels good to accomplish stuff. I was so dirty after grooming those horses. I had help so I only groomed three of the 7 but it was a very thorough grooming with some massage thrown in for good measure. I had never massaged before but now I have a bit of knowledge in that area. I guess I can google that, too.

I just woke up a bit ago so I'm still trying to "come to." Going to do my googling now and sip on my coffee. That should help matters. Have a great day!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning all ! Waiting for cooler weather here tomorrow ! Its in the 80's now and very humid

Going to try a recipe I found for thai shrimp and cabbage stir fry tonight.....sounds good and super easy !

Have a great Sunday !
Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #54
Big Yapper!

I used to live in TX, Laura. I was in the San Antonio area but we played around alot in the Hill Country. I miss it sometimes but the heat is so intense. I miss tubing and canoeing down rivers of such temperate water. A light emerald green color, too. (Dreaming now.)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha ! We tube the guadalupe and sometimes go to Concan to tube too......our dog loves it too. She gets her own tube and when she gets hot, she jumps in and swims It's so much fun.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #56
Big Yapper!

Sorry for the thread jack, Debby. The Guadalupe was our favorite river to tube and canoe, too. I miss it so much!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha ha...
Glad you're having fun!
Busy day today, missed my online time.
I felt pretty silly, but here's my 1939 costume & hair...
Good night!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #58
Big Yapper!

Great picture! You are photogenic. I guess it will be easier to make your costumes now that you're getting close to the time we live in. You're doing each decade, right? That's such a great idea. And fun!

Have a great day. I have more mud and dirty horses in my immediate future.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl,
Yes it will be easier. This week is 1965 (I thought it was 1959) but kind of close... wearing plaid dress with full skirt. Then on the finale it will be present day. Whew!

Have fun with your muddy horses!

We're getting a very unusual "thaw" here, might be seeing some mud on our road this morning. Its 30 degrees this morning!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #60
Big Yapper!

Mud! I'd forgotten about the mud season during the hot, buggie season of summer. All the sweating and bug spray had made me long for winter (well, at least Fall.) But I conveniently forgot about all the mud. Must move back to the desert. Then all I'll have to contend with are rattlesnakes. And scorpions. On second thought, never mind.

I hope you have a lovely day, Deb. And hope that the thaw doesn't happen. I am looking forward to a nice blanket of clean, fresh snow.