Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh no! The least they could have done is feed the old boy before tranquilizing it. I know they are dangerous, though. Very sad, just the same.

Night, Deb! Going to watch American Idol tonight and see if Lazaro finally gets the boot. He really needs to go.
They actually did feed him quite a bit before tranquilizing him... several videos of them feeding him in the parking lot after he left the store.
Enjoy your A.I.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #512
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's good. I'll go see the rest of the videos.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #513
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Enjoyed your moose pics ! Sorry he didn't make it

Hope you are having a great week !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #514
Big Yapper!

Hope you have a nice day today, Debby. You too, Laura! It's raining cats and dogs here today but I'm not working. Going for the MET test in the Dr's office. Please pray that it shows what has been causing my episodes at work. I need answers even though Atkins is helping me.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Shelby's so funny, plays with the rope-swing...

So cute...

She ran around chasing crows up & down all around... feeling her oats this morning in our 3" of new snow - April 13/13

Oh yeah, that blob under the swing... used to be a little foot-carpet! She swings that around & over her head & romps with it all the time too.

Last edited by DebbyL; 04-13-2013 at 12:00 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #516
Big Yapper!

I wondered what that was! Looked like a carcass.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #517
Blabbermouth!!!

She's so pretty <3

Love the snow pics ! Shelby is such a little cutie
Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #518
Big Yapper!

She really is a pretty dog. And I love her profile.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #519
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
She really is a pretty dog. And I love her profile.
Me too! She's in her prime teen-age slim-trim shape too, very pretty. Friends of ours have a red golden retriever that is 3 days younger than Shelby... he's a tubby thing already! Oh so soft & cuddly & cute. We need to take Shelby to visit him & give him a good work-out!

Today was a very nice, peaceful Sunday for me. Enjoyed it immensely!

Ready for a new work-week. Still "tweaking" the diet. Enjoying dairy... I had Greek yogurt with some apricot preserves in it for my break, so yummy... obviously I'm back to my higher carbs today.

I asked a friend if she'll fill in for me at work while I'm gone & she'd be happy to! Yeah! So I think we're getting closer to knowing when we can plan our trip... end of May-beginning of July. Can't wait!! Will definitely need to take some week-end trips in the mean-time.

Hope everyone is doing famously!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #520
Big Yapper!

You mean you'll be travelling from end of May through the beginning of July? That's some trip! Refresh my memory. Where are you going to go during that time? Where will Shelby go while you're gone? She'll be happy to see you when you get home!

I'm glad you had a great Sunday. I finally got my taxes done and in the mailbox. It felt so good to put that red flag up! Come and get it!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 AM   #521
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
That's so beautiful!! I can't imagine having snow in April!! I'm wearing tank tops and shorts today as it's supposed to hit 90 today! Crazy, huh? So cute!! She's having a blast!! Thanks for posting them. It's neat to picture your life more vividly .
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!

That's a loooooong vacation !! Really nice that you'll be able to take your time and enjoy yourselves
Old 04-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You mean you'll be travelling from end of May through the beginning of July? That's some trip! Refresh my memory. Where are you going to go during that time? Where will Shelby go while you're gone? She'll be happy to see you when you get home!

I'm glad you had a great Sunday. I finally got my taxes done and in the mailbox. It felt so good to put that red flag up! Come and get it!!!
Yeah, we've gone on a couple of 2 month trips... think this one will be 5-6 wks... Have relatives in Washington, Oregon, Arizona & Utah... Would like to visit them all, possibly get some dental done in Mexico too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
That's so beautiful!! I can't imagine having snow in April!! I'm wearing tank tops and shorts today as it's supposed to hit 90 today! Crazy, huh? So cute!! She's having a blast!! Thanks for posting them. It's neat to picture your life more vividly .
Oh Julie!! How awesome to be that warm. Yes, she really was having a blast, hard to capture without having smeary pics though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
That's a loooooong vacation !! Really nice that you'll be able to take your time and enjoy yourselves
When we go, we use up several days just getting to the border & back... we live so far north. I'm just worried that we're gonna die of heat when we go to Arizona if we wait too long.

So awful to see the bombing in Boston
Old 04-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #524
Big Yapper!

Bombing?? I just got home from work and I'm trying to get situated. Will turn on the news right now.

OMG. How horrible! What is wrong with people today? What drives them to get off on hurting others and shedding innocent blood? What could that possible "do" for someone? It's pure evil! That's all it is. There is no other explanation to be found.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #525
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Bombing?? I just got home from work and I'm trying to get situated. Will turn on the news right now.

OMG. How horrible! What is wrong with people today? What drives them to get off on hurting others and shedding innocent blood? What could that possible "do" for someone? It's pure evil! That's all it is. There is no other explanation to be found.
Oh, sorry to so rudely inform you... I learned it on another thread too.
I agree. Its just senseless. Hopefully it will unravel in the days to follow, from whence it came, and won't be followed by more!

I forgot to answer you about Shelby. We will get a young couple (neighbors) to house-sit & take care of Shelby while we're gone.

I had a good day today. Back on my normal diet. Did a big shopping day, so not much of the day left. Some elliptical, then dinner. Nice to be able to relax now.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #526
Big Yapper!

It's okay about you saying about the bombing. It's odd that I didn't hear anything about it. I was listening to the radio on the way home, but I guess I just flit from station to station in pursuit of the next good song.

Unfortunately, we are almost becoming numbed to each atrocity after atrocity. They just keep on coming. And none of them make any sense. You draw in a gasp and you cover your mouth and for a time, you are completely captivated by the news, but then you can't contain it. You didn't know anyone affected by it. It was "out there somewhere" and it's just the next terrible thing on the news. It's so sad, this world we live in.

When will Jesus return for us? How bad do things need to get? I'm sorry, Debby. This is your journal and I won't clutter it up with my musings.

I'm glad you have a couple to take care of your home and your darling Shelby. With the lady who's taking over for you at work and the people who are taking care of home matters, you should have no care in the world as you cruise all over the West Coast. What a journey! I hope you stay in touch with us.

Sleep tight, Debby. I'm off to bed now. It's after 11 and I'm so tired. I'm glad you had a great day.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-15-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Old 04-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #527
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hi Deb-just checking in on you. Hope you're doing well!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #528
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I'm doing really well on my own diet, with the additions of some of the things I previously wouldn't touch... salt - being the biggest biggie... I'm allowing myself dairy again, but sparingly. Cheese is really binding for me, for some reason. I'm using my whey powder & enjoying some Greek Yogurt & sour cream. I'm also adding apples & blueberries. Plus nuts. I'm amazed by how many nuts (& peanut butter) I can eat & still be just fine.

The hunger that I was experiencing before is subsiding, as I'm eating more calories & higher protein. I have noticed that I do better with more.

Here's a shocker... I started jogging this week. I've been doing it in the church (when I'm working), when I need to go downstairs, & around getting things done, when I can. Then I also can now jog to the mailbox & back (which is a fair distance, across the road & up the next block)... so yesterday I did jog-walking on my 1.5 mile walk with Shelby. It was more challenging & I'm looking forward to the day that I can jog the whole thing. Mostly I jogged on the "downhill" parts, but that's a start. Spring is awesome!!

We went to friends after dinner on the motorcycle, for a visit. Got back at midnight. oops. Then DH left early this morning. A friend in our church needs help, so a whole work-bee of the church-men went to do a roof for him. He has cancer & is going for a bone-marrow transplant... guess there's a pretty high chance he won't survive & he doesn't want to leave this roof job for his wife. Hopefully it will go fast, as its a gorgeous day & SATURDAY! Would love to go for a motorcycle ride.

Last edited by DebbyL; 04-20-2013 at 10:29 AM..
Old 04-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #529
Big Yapper!

Woohooo, Debby! Look at you go! And I agree with you; spring is wonderful.

Wow. That's terrible news about your friend. So wonderful of all of you to rally together and ease his mind. "You will know them by their fruits." I hope he makes it through the surgery. When is it going to be? Let us know so we can pray.

Sleep well and be proud of your progress! You're really kicking it, Deb.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #530
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
I was really feeling good about it, did even faster today. But then a friend of mine here reminded me of the ill effects of anaerobic exercise on our T3. sent me an article, which is very good. So I'm going to re-think this thing... must not get so winded... google this, if you want to read it... why women should not run... its very in depth. And a timely warning for me!!

You know, 20 men showed up for that project & were able to finish both roofs & dh was home by 3 pm. Amazing! Awesome that they were able to give up their Saturday & get it done for them. I think he will have the marrow transplant next month. Will try to remember to ask for prayer. I believe he will be just fine. God has been healing him all along the way & astounding the Dr's. But they want to do the transplant to make sure it stays away. I think his brother is a match for the marrow, not sure.

I baked a big turkey today. Got it all put up in baggies & frozen. Ate way too much while trimming it. Not so good, but I really love turkey skin!

Oh, I downloaded the kindle thingy & have purchased 2 books through amazon. One is supercharge your metabolism... Anyway, this app. brings up your books from online & you can read them on your iphone, or any pc that you put it on. It even remembers your page!! Way cool, huh?

Really looking forward to sleep tonight... only got 6 hours last night. probably why I felt like snacking on the turkey fat... being too tired.

Hope you all had a wonderful day!
Old 04-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #531
Big Yapper!

Do you mean that when jogging you get so out of breath that it goes from being aerobic to anaerobic? I'd be interested in reading that article, if you can PM me the link or something else. Oh, never mind. I'm responding as I'm reading through your post. I see you said what to google for.

That's fantastic they got the roofs done so quickly! What a blessing. Bone marrow transplants (or even just biopsies) are incredibly painful for donor and recipient. God bless them both.

I'm a lover of poultry skin, too. I'm not ashamed to say it, either! That's the most delectable part of the entire bird. Glad you cooked up a nice bird and got it all put away in serving sizes.

I have that kindle thing on my laptop, too. It's really nice. I prefer reading kindle books on the laptop than on the kindle itself because I can read in the dark that way. (No light on the kindle except in the cover I bought for it, but that makes it heavy and clunky to hold.) I'm glad you're enjoying your kindle books.

Sleep well, Debby. Sounds like you will.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #532
Big Yapper!

I just googled that article and there are many links to things that sound like that and then rebuttal links to the contrary so can you tell me more which one you are referring to so I don't click on something that has a virus or something? Thanks.

Sleep tight.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I just googled that article and there are many links to things that sound like that and then rebuttal links to the contrary so can you tell me more which one you are referring to so I don't click on something that has a virus or something? Thanks.

Sleep tight.
dangerously hardcore
I emailed it to you.
He also has written articles on dieting, so I pinned it too.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:24 AM   #534
Big Yapper!

I don't think you have my email address and I didn't get a PM from you. Do you mean you sent it to my Facebook account? I'll check there. I am not big into FB anymore. Losing interest in many of my online distractions right about now.

I went on one of my other threads and someone wrote something about someone showing wrath. I'm just scratching my head and can't understand how misunderstandings so small can become so large without anyone asking for clarification. Petty stuff.

I haven't slept at all tonight. It's 5:15 and I hear the birdies chirping. The sky must be getting lighter, though I don't see it just yet.

I hope you're having a good sleep and that you have a lovely Sunday.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #535
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oops. Sorry Cheryl, I thought I sent it to you... sent it to another Cheryl I met here years ago! maybe she needs to read it too! I now sent it to your facebook messages.

Sorry you didn't sleep. Hope you get a nap to catch up! Do you work today?

Yep, its so easy to read things wrong... that's why I use so many faces... so you know what emphasis I'm putting on my words...

We're having our son & his family over for dinner & afternoon visit after church. Looks like its going to be a beautiful sunny one!

Have a blessed day!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #536
Big Yapper!

I did get it. Thanks for sending it. I read it all but he (or she?) never says what women should be doing, only what they shouldn't be. At the end, there's an image of a body builder. I guess that's the answer to my question. The thing with those articles is for every one that says something really negative about something, there are three that will pop up in its wake, refuting all that was said. I get to the point where I don't know what or who to believe.

I thought things like weight lifting and isometric exercises were anaerobic and things that were aerobic were aerobic. I don't understand how an aerobic exercise becomes anaerobic unless you do it to the point of not being able to talk while doing it. (Becoming breathless.)

I did catch a good nap so I'm okay for now. Tonight will be another matter. I guess I need to get into the habit of reading before bedtime. That helps my eyes to get tired and the rest of me usually follows.

I do the same thing with the smileys. I hope that shows my intention if my words leave any doubt. Come to find out, the person who wrote that was just venting and the things that were said were said on another thread entirely! Oy. It's straightened out now. Yeesh!

I hope you're having a lovely visit with your son in the sun. Have a peaceful and blessed evening.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #537
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, I think you figured it out... they really do recommend strength training & moderate exercise... so walking at a pace that you can still talk is a good meter. Especially for thyroid patients. We need to get moving, but not press ourselves so hard that it starts making our muscles burn. (that's what mine do, feels like a hot knife, when the thyroid deal happens during exercise... not sure that makes sense.

Awesome worship & fellowship at church today. Then our son's family came over for dinner & supper. We had a good day.DH took the kiddo's to the farm next door. They love going there to pet the baby lambs, goats, horses, ducks & chickens. laugh Pretty cute pics... best smiles when they're doing that.

DIL & I got my walk in, which was great. I sometimes miss my walk when they come over. They just left at 8 pm. Whew! Long day, but good. I hope I was able to encourage her... she's suffering pms today.

Hope you all had a good one!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #538
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like a wonderful blessed Sunday ! Kiddos smiles light up the world ! Pics ??
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #539
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW ?? What did you cook for the whole crew ?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #540
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last edited by DebbyL; 04-22-2013 at 07:46 AM..