Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #481
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
We ended up getting 3 inches of fresh snow today... snowed off & on all day long. So I enjoyed my elliptical today, did a full 40 minute work-out at high tension...

I'm so enjoying this EFGT diet. Everything is so delicious with all that fat on it. My wt. is staying the same, and I've been eating salty foods. Amazing to me. I'll keep on with this, till I do adjust to the added salt. Ate a bit less calories today, a little less "hungry" this afternoon.

My wrist has been really hurting for the last 2 weeks, thought it was just my hypothyroid phantom pains... but I noticed a week ago that a tendon is actually going out of line in my thumb. So, I finally decided to see my Dr. yesterday... turned out they were closed. Oh well... Keeping it in a wrist brace, see if it gets better & go in Monday.

Got my HST done & paid, book-keeping caught up today Love being weathered in on Saturdays!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #482
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hey Debby, totally off topic, but how do you pack things like - clothes, tooth brush, makeup, snacks etc..... when you and DH are on long trips on the bike ??

I always have to have a drink.......get my Rt 44 Sonic Tea and sip on it all day in the car......... and always take one to work too......
How do you cope ?
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #483
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
That's great that your loving the EFGT plan. Must be a nice change from what you had been doing for so long. Great news that you're staying the same weight! You must be onto something. I'm sorry to hear about your tendon. Also sorry the Dr was not in. I hope it isn't anything serious. Be careful when using it in your exercise movements.

That's a really good question, Laura! I'm glad you asked her that. I'm guessing she'll say frequent mini stops for this or that, but where on earth do they keep extra clothes and personals?
CherylB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #484
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is a good question. I get asked that by people all the time, especially when we're on the road. Here's a picture of the bike & storage that's on it... side-bags, trunk bag, & tank-bag.
Our clothes are in the side-bags... not very many! (plus I take my laptop & all connections). The trunk bag on back is where I keep all our toiletries & food. The tank bag holds snacks, glasses, camera, maps, etc. I have a very specific list & way of packing so that it all fits & we have everything we need.
I do hand-washing of our clothes when we can't get them done any other way. The time we have the hardest is when we've come in full winter-gear to a really hot place (TEXAS)... we have to tie our gear on top of the other boxes. So, there you have it.
I'm avoiding my flex machine for the time being, to protect my wrist. Seems that's a common thing. Every time there's an injury it has to be avoided. My shoulder acted up last time, its better now, but afraid it would hurt my wrist more, without feeling it, so will lay off for now. The brace I have on now stops most mobility. I even slept in it last night.
Yep, I feel real full every night from this WOE.
G'nite!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #485
Blabbermouth!!!

Great pic ...... But I'm not sure I could get everything in those packs for 2 people !! haha

Hope you wrist feels better soon !
Nite
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #486
Big Yapper!

Wow! You have to be an excellent packer, and I imagine you need to keep the bike very balanced. At least you aren't living by the seat of your pants and depending on convenience stores to keep you going.

Have a lovely Sunday, ladies.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You bet'cha! DH missed my organization, he kept losing things he'd packed. I always keep things in the same places. I also figure that since I'm 42 lbs lighter, I earned bringing my laptop!

Wow. Today we went to a breakfast Smorgasbord for lunch. I loaded my plate with bacon, sausage & scrambled eggs. So cool! I finally have challenged myself with sodium levels for real... we'll see what happens now. Amazing to be able to eat out & not be "so restricted."

Feeling really good today too. Wishing everyone "merry Christmas" (more snow today).
Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #488
Big Yapper!

Merry Christmas right back at ya! Keep Christmas up there! I can wait for it to come back around again. I'm so glad you're enjoying EFGT right now. It is cool!

I'm so stuffy tonight. I hope it's just Spring pollen stuff and not a cold. I've managed to dodge that bullet all winter long. Would like to keep my track record in tact.

Sleep tight, tootsie!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #489
Blabbermouth!!!

42 lbs ! Wow , you have done great Debby ! I bet DH did miss your organization skills

Cheryl, hope you aren't getting sick... hoping it's just allergies !
Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #490
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Merry Christmas to you too! Hope you have some allergy pills, Cheryl. They work great for colds too.

Thanks Laura, I do feel great too.

Yep, its pretty cool, EFGT, especially after 1.5 yrs of extremely regulated diet... and the fact that I'm not trying to lose wt. makes it a real plus that I can get this salt thing added in. Wonder how long it takes a body to adjust to it... hmmm (kind of miss my oats).
Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #491
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amazingly didn't gain wt. this morning... my eyes looked like a blow-fish for the first hour, but other then that, I'm fine!

I can't get over it... also been reading how important salt is, so will keep going with this for another week or so. Then eat my normal diet with salt added. This EFGT will definitely be the way to go for traveling. I can see ordering omelets & bacon in most places. Can't wait to go on holidays, but still have to hire someone to fill in...

Did my work too fast today! Waiting for the clock, but I think I may just go do the banking, etc. now.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #492
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, the Dr said I need to exercise my thumb. I will try that, if it doesn't work I have to go see a physio. they charge more than they're worth. So, need to find some rubber bands & thumb-wrestlers!

Did my walking at town & elliptical to finish off. Quick dinner & off to birthday party.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #493
Blabbermouth!!!

I would thumb wrestle you but, ............

Have fun at your party
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #494
Blabbermouth!!!

Forgot the other day you said you like Joel Osteen...... we went to Lakewood church once in Houston and he wasn't there. Joseph Prince WAS....... He is amazing and explains bible passages like no one else we had ever heard !!

I got DH several of Pastor Prince's books that Christmas and he said it was the best gift he ever received ) He just really explains and breaks down the bible in ways that are a blessing ! Really preaches on God's Grace

Just wanted to let you know..... you might enjoy his daily e-mails too ( and he is on TV )

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #495
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks! It was fun at the party, we prayed together & blessed our friend, telling her what she meant to us. It was also a surprise to her! Nice group of people that came too.

I took my rubber band to exercise my thumb, used it all night. It really helped! The tendon is back in place & not bothering me hardly at all, all ready.

Thanks for the lead on Joseph Prince! Just read his devotional & signed up. Did you find a church Sunday?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #496
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you llked it
Party sounds really nice. So good that you have lots of friends
Nope, talked myself out of it. I will be out of town next 2 Sundays that i am off, so it will be 6 weeks till I could go again. Would rather go 2-3 times in a row when i start ~ help me decide

Back to work in a bit ! Have a good week
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #497
Big Yapper!

Deb, so glad your thumbs improving. I got my windows all open today! Can you believe it. Wooohooooo! First day of open windows this year. May there be many more days just like this. 73 and low humidity. Nice breeze blowing through the house, too. Thank you, Lord!
Old 04-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #498
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I'm really pleased that my thumb/wrist is feeling better already. The rubber band exercises must of put the tendon back where its supposed to be.

Its almost 50 degrees out! Very sunny & windy though. Nice! Tomorrow's Dave's birthday, and we usually see how the winter is going by his birthday... on a normal winter, there would only be snow in rare shady places... our whole yard is buried under 2-3.5 ft of snow! Although lots of people's fields & yards are showing grass now... so its coming, but slowly!

Wow Cheryl! So glad you're getting some great weather too! Freshening the air in the house, how awesome.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #499
Big Yapper!

Soon you will be too. So what's the plan for Dave's birthday since there is snow on the ground?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #500
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Don't know... he's working, so kind of hard.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #501
Big Yapper!

Make him a snowman that will greet him when he gets home!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #502
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny girl, Cheryl!
I asked dh what he wanted to do... nothing. Didn't want to go out... so I got the idea to cook BBQ spare ribs, sweet potato & apple crisp. Got it all ready to turn the oven on closer to dinner. Whew! He'll love it. I don't cook like that much anymore, so its special & different.

My ds now owns my parents home. Well, yesterday she heard sparks in the wall & an electrical fire started. She was able to get it out with water... and the firemen got the smoke out with fans... but she dropped the fire extinguisher on her foot & cut her toe, bruised the rest. Poor thing! She lives on a shoe-string, so has no idea what to do now. Won't have her heaters now, as it was their wires. Wonder what on earth can be done all she knows is its $100 @ hr for an electrician... I told her to get a few quotes, maybe that would drop the price.

Its another really nice day, some clouds, but temps close to 50. So good!

Oh, I went back to my normal diet + the salt today. Will also not avoid dairy for now either, see how it goes. EFGT works for me & I'm happy I will have it for traveling, but my system needs more fiber.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #503
Big Yapper!

Oh no, Debby! How is she going to get by without heat? I hope she has a wood stove in there to huddle around until the electric problems are resolved. Electricians and plumbers; all those types of guys who come to your house and bleed you dry.

That dinner you made your dear hubby sounds like it was very appreciated! Much better than a cold, wet snowman that will just remind him that winter is still hanging on. The way to a man's heart being through his stomach and all that jazz.

What about avocado's and the artichokes for fiber? I'm eating avocado's this week. Yum! They were 5 for $5 and they are at the peak of ripeness and softness right now.

I am feeling really stuck. I started off feeling like I was truly shrinking and diuresing and on the right path and now I feel completely stalled. I don't want to weigh but I feel like if I don't, I'm going to keep thinking I'm not making much progress. Then again, I'm afraid that if I do weigh, it might be "game over."

I just want to wait and weigh after a full month because I just want to see if I can match what I used to lose on Atkins back in 1998. I averaged 10 lbs a month and that is what I want to see when I get on that blasted device. I'm only 11 days in, as of today. Tomorrow won't even be two weeks.

I am going to try and be strong and just keep on keepin' on. At least that way, I'll still be in the game.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-10-2013 at 06:47 PM..
Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #504
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, fortunately it is warm there, in Oregon. (for my sister)

Good for you on avocados. Yeah I was eating them too...

Cheryl, maybe I'm confused but weren't you finishing off a bottle of vodka during this diet session? That alone would stop wt. loss (if that's what you were doing)... but on the good side, you're feeling so much better. If you have slowed down, ( & not the above reason) it is probably just a bump in the road. Every lb. off is a step in the right direction. That's what dh kept telling me, when I was only losing like 1-2 lbs. a month... and its so true! Hang in there Cheryl.

I really felt good today. Was surprised that the addition of the carbs didn't make me hungry, & I'm eating the salted stuff now, so see if that works.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #505
Big Yapper!

I was drinking vodka from the beginning of the plan. My plan was to see if I could replicate the losses I was able to achieve in 1998 and back then I drank vodka and crystal light daily. NEEDED IT. This time I rationed the vodka, bought the flavored stuff and took micro-mini sips to make it last all evening. I did great and was feeling shrinkage all during that time.

I will get it figured out. On a whim I weighed tonight. Not in the least bit fasting so I knew it wasn't my true weight. It said 203.8. I started at 210. I'll weigh in the morning just to see if I am indeed still in the 200's. If I'm under 2, that's good enough for me and I'll keep on going.

Night, Debby. I'm glad you're feeling so good and also glad your sister is in Oregon and not up where you are, in the cold. Sleep tight. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #506
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny thing happened at our Safeway today...

Old 04-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope its ok to post these links... its fun seeing a live moose.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...18298554_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...47400345432411

Moose visits Safeway - Animals - CBC Player
Moose takes a stroll through B.C. grocery store - British Columbia - CBC News

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

Last edited by DebbyL; 04-11-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 04-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #508
Big Yapper!

Holy cow! He's no dummy! Why forage for food in the snow when you can just follow your nose and go shopping? That reminds me of that old tv series, "Northern Exposure." Look at all those ladies just standing there in shock. I don't think CT critters have done that. Maybe a deer but the footage I'm remembering from the news may have been from another state.

Anyway, YOU GO, Moose! I wonder what he went to eat before he got the boot.

ETA: I'll BBL to see the links. Gotta do my rounds first.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #509
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poor moose passed away. They tranquilized it & relocated it (because it was becoming a danger to people). As they were watching it, it passed away. The ticks & starvation got the best of him.

Having a good day, hope you all are too!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #510
Big Yapper!

Oh no! The least they could have done is feed the old boy before tranquilizing it. I know they are dangerous, though. Very sad, just the same.

Night, Deb! Going to watch American Idol tonight and see if Lazaro finally gets the boot. He really needs to go.