Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hope you're having a good day. I didn't get much sleep last night. We had Shelby in our room & she was making racket with the cone-head all night, trying to get it off (which she did twice, so I attached it to her collar & that stopped that). Probably got 3 hrs of sleep... took a 20 minute nap after work.
We used a pen that you can shape any way, that Carrie loaned us, for when I went to work. It worked great. There's no way she could of fit into her crate with the cone on.
Now, since our nap, I took the cone off & have kept an eagle-eye on her for licking... after the first 15 minutes, she isn't trying much anymore! So, she's a lot happier now. Will still put it on her at night & when I'm at work, to make sure.

An old friend, member of the church, just passed away last night. sad But glad she's not suffering anymore. She ended up with congestive heart failure, but was still quite alert, even minutes before she passed away. Singing in heaven now.

Yeah Cheryl, I would imagine things change too, so it might be good to get tested again. I'm happy for you that things have been stabilizing for you this week - wt. wise. Probably really important for your body to be getting a rest.

I got my swim suit. Its really cute. I'm a little confused about whether I should get the next size bigger, the chest is quite constricting. Looks good, but feels like a girdle. The measurements for bathing suits are sure out of whack. I'm the same top & bottom, they make them so much smaller on top, or bigger on bottom? Going to see what dh thinks tonight.

Have a good evening. Enjoying Survivor

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #332
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Oh no! The Cone of Shame. Poor baby! And poor you, too. Will be happy for all of you when you won't need all that stuff and she's healed enough to let her be. That's too bad about the swim suit. I would be very disappointed. I hope you can get it sorted out in time for your event.

Wrote about the farm on the journal. Don't read it if you are looking to be uplifted.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Oh no! The Cone of Shame. Poor baby! And poor you, too. Will be happy for all of you when you won't need all that stuff and she's healed enough to let her be. That's too bad about the swim suit. I would be very disappointed. I hope you can get it sorted out in time for your event.

Wrote about the farm on the journal. Don't read it if you are looking to be uplifted.
The Cone of Shame! We call her Cone-head when she has it on.

Well, I tried the bathing suit on again tonight & it didn't feel so tight, dh really likes it, thinks its just right. So, I'm keeping it. Plus I see they sent a $15 off coupon.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Yay ! The bathing suit is a hit !!

Hope Shelby feels better ...... I love those cones . So cute ! Sleep better tonight
Sorry about your friend , but you are right, she is better off in Heaven
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #335
Big Yapper!

Good news about your swim suit! Sorry I didn't say anything about your elderly friend who passed. If she's no longer suffering and lived a full life, there's little to send condolences about. Death is just a part of life. What we do in between is what counts.

I would take that swim suit and hand wash it and hang it up to dry. If you put it in a dryer then it will REALLY get tight in the bust area. And I don't think you'll be doing any more shrinking, at your perfect weight. That's great that they sent you the coupon. Don't you hate that though? Wouldn't it have been nice to get the $15 off what you just bought? They just want to keep people coming back for more. That gets me.

Shelby! How's it going, girl? Hope you're feeling good and can start to do your walks again soon. Tell mommy no more running behind the van for a couple of weeks. You need your insides to heal.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks girls,
Yep, you know Cheryl, can't say I've ever washed a bathing suit in a washing machine... always rinse out in sink & hang to dry. Good idea though.
The bathing suit was on sale & since it didn't have to cross the border (as I thought it was) no duty... so I'm pretty excited about buying something else from them with the coupon.

Shelby's going really stir-crazy... poor baby.

Cooked some Quinoa up, going to try it with the chia seeds & coconut oil for breakfast. I'll let you know how that goes.

Hope you're both doing well.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Saturday!

I'm really happy with the chia seeds. Feeling good. Eating quinoa for breakfast with them is working good too.

I'm cooking up a bunch of ribs. Since I don't like cooking, I'm doing 2 big pkgs. Going to be a ton to freeze! (I wouldn't have ribs, but we bought a side of beef)... gotta use 'em up.

Weighed-in at 126 & measured...same as last time. Guess that's good.

Will have to get ready for the Celebration of life soon.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #338
Big Yapper!

Yea! I didn't realize you didn't like to cook. I think it's so wonderful how stable you are in your weight even with all the exercise you do. It must feel amazing to be at goal. I look forward to the day when I know how that feels.

What's the "celebration of life"? Is it a church event? Speaking of the celebration of life, I noticed crocus leaves coming up out of the snow in the flower bed! I didn't even know we had crocus here cause I didn't move in until May of last year. I love Spring!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yea! I didn't realize you didn't like to cook. I think it's so wonderful how stable you are in your weight even with all the exercise you do. It must feel amazing to be at goal. I look forward to the day when I know how that feels.

What's the "celebration of life"? Is it a church event? Speaking of the celebration of life, I noticed crocus leaves coming up out of the snow in the flower bed! I didn't even know we had crocus here cause I didn't move in until May of last year. I love Spring!!!!
Thanks Cheryl, You will love it when you get there too! It becomes a way of life, that's for sure.

Yep, I used to cook all the time... fancy-smancy... loved to eat too. But that fancy food bit me in the butt! It hated me back. So, I don't cook unless I have to... which I do because I don't eat anything processed. I do bake for family things (just a little). But I'm getting to where I can serve normal foods to company too. They can eat meat & potatoes & salad, just throw in some gravy, bread & store-bought desserts for them. DH loves me being happy, so he doesn't mind.

A Celebration of Life is what we call a memorial or funeral. It really was a celebration too. She had 6 children & they've had lots of children & grandchildren, so there were so many of them! They are a musical family & put on quite an awesome worship service. Each of them had to tell stories, so it ended up being 2 hours just for the service. Then fellowship afterwards. We just got home, 4 & 1/2 hrs later. Celebrated a life well lived & dedicated to Christ. All her children are living in that legacy & love Jesus too. Pretty wonderful.

No exercise for me today! Very strange. Oh well, they do say its good to have a day off now & then.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #340
Big Yapper!

How awesome!!! I love that. Why don't we call it that down here? More and more these days, we are making them memorial services with pictures, videos and stories, but there's still such a terrible sense of loss. Maybe that can't be avoided, but it seems like we try but don't hit the mark. Maybe you guys are better at it. Tell us (me) how you do it! Maybe I can start a revolution down here.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ha, yeah, I don't think its a Canadian thing, its more likely a Charismatic/Protestant thing. Still there's tears & sorrow that we'll be missing her, but lots of thankfulness.
But you go ahead! Start a revolution!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #342
Big Yapper!

The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I was driving past a Pentecostal church that was called something like "Jehovah Raah" and I need to research what that means. I know that there are many different names for Jehovah and each has a very express meaning. I need to refresh my memory of each one. Perhaps this would be a good church to check into. It did say Pentecostal and they tend to be "animated" so I'm not sure I'm quite ready to jump into all of that. But fellowship with other local believers would do me a world of good.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I was driving past a Pentecostal church that was called something like "Jehovah Raah" and I need to research what that means. I know that there are many different names for Jehovah and each has a very express meaning. I need to refresh my memory of each one. Perhaps this would be a good church to check into. It did say Pentecostal and they tend to be "animated" so I'm not sure I'm quite ready to jump into all of that. But fellowship with other local believers would do me a world of good.
That's a different name... I just looked it up. The Lord is my shepherd.
Yes, we're a lively bunch. Get excited & exuberant about Jesus & what He does... we say, people can get excited & exuberant about a silly game, but don't like when its about God... understandable though, if your background is Catholic. Catholics have a corner on reverence, which is awesome too.
Some pentecostal churches are livelier than others though. So that one might not be. It would be really good for you to get fellowship though, that's for sure. Plus get your allotment of hugs!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #344
Big Yapper!

It is! (My childhood background.) Going to a Catholic church is like going to a library. Yeah, hugs and fellowship are very valuable. But I've never been one to attend church on a weekly basis, over long periods of time. I never liked when I would miss one or two services and people would make such a big deal about my absence. I think that alone is what caused me to stop going altogether. We're all such individuals. We need to find what works for us.

How is your weekend going, Debby? I have a birthday pizza party today for my sister Teresa. She's either turning 55 or 54. I can never remember because I know we're four years apart, but I get confused as to if we're four years apart when she turns a year older or if I catch up to her and make it four years apart in August. Maybe I can find a way to make that stick in my mind today when I bring it up at the party.

Have a great day!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #345
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep! I wouldn't like that either. But some people get upset if nobody calls them. We don't do that here & I've heard people complain about it. Too true! We're all so different. I just "hate" when salespeople jump on you at stores & ask if they can help you... I'd rather find things myself... but will go look for help if I need it... I know other people LIKE it when they're asked right away.

Maybe writing down her "birth year" will help. Hope you have a fun celebration!

We're enjoying grand-kiddo's today. AND sunshine!

Time to go exercise.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #346
Big Yapper!

I'm the same way! An overly-pushy salesperson will push me right out the door if they don't back the heck off and leave me be. When I was shopping for my furniture and actually had to lay on various mattresses, I told the dude to go away and I'd let him know which one I liked the best. I felt so uncomfortable with him standing and watching me lay my very over-sized body down in the store. It made it hard to truly focus on how I liked the mattresses. But salespeople are a different breed of human being. At least I think they're human.

I hope you had a great day with the grand-kiddo's (that's cute.) We had flurries all day long and it was COLD. Where is Spring? I thought we were entering a mild, sunny stretch.

The party was fun. We had an excellent waiter and that always helps a great deal. The Antipasto was really good, the pizza was fair, and the cake I bought was actually really good! It's so much fun when the seven of us grown-ups get together. The "core" people of our family, keeping it simple. When we do other things, we include everyone else but for things like a sister's birthday, we like to keep it intimate and simple.

We must have looked like a bunch of freaks in the parking lot after dinner was over cause we were running between cars, trading off stuff that we had to give to the other person. I had stuff coming from my sister Donna; a fern, a bottle of glucosamine and chondroitin, and a basket for the auction for next Saturdays "horses' ball." I gave her something I'd gotten for her dog (a light for her collar) and my Mom had a few bags to give to Donna and then to Robin (my eldest sister) and it got rather chaotic. We're funny and odd and it's who we are.

It's still lightly flurrying here. It's been doing that all day long! How is that possible that it can flurry for that many hours and not have it accumulate into something measurable? I am so tired of snow, girl. I am ready for mild and muddy. Sunny and calm.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

That Celebration of Life sounds wonderful and how great that all of her children are "believers"!! What a testimony !

Grand-kiddos have fun at grandma's house ?? Is that what they call you ?? They are great, aren't they ?

Cheryl - is the gluc/chon helping you yet ?? Or is it too soon to tell ?

Have a great day Ladies !
Old 03-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Debby, I know you are a Dr Oz fan, ( I'm usually not cause every day he has "another" pill you need to try ....) but today's show is about fatigue and emotional eaters someone on FB said. I'm looking on TV and the show is called " The Fatigue Solution" -- I will DVR it. Thought you might want to see it......
Old 03-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I hope you had a great day with the grand-kiddo's (that's cute.) We had flurries all day long and it was COLD. Where is Spring? I thought we were entering a mild, sunny stretch.
The party was fun. We had an excellent waiter and that always helps a great deal. The Antipasto was really good, the pizza was fair, and the cake I bought was actually really good! It's so much fun when the seven of us grown-ups get together.
We must have looked like a bunch of freaks in the parking lot after dinner was over cause we were running between cars, trading off stuff that we had to give to the other person.
It went really well. We had the two older grand-daughters longer, as the younger ones had a party to go to. Was good to be able to "talk"... the littlest one has learned to chatter too much... so we enjoyed getting the oldest alone.
Sounds like you guys had a blast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
That Celebration of Life sounds wonderful and how great that all of her children are "believers"!! What a testimony !
Grand-kiddos have fun at grandma's house ?? Is that what they call you ?? They are great, aren't they ? Have a great day Ladies !
It really is great. They're all wonderful people too.
Quote:
Debby, I know you are a Dr Oz fan, ( I'm usually not cause every day he has "another" pill you need to try ....) but today's show is about fatigue and emotional eaters someone on FB said. I'm looking on TV and the show is called " The Fatigue Solution" -- I will DVR it. Thought you might want to see it......
Thanks Laura, I saw the last half, but will watch the rest. I watched enough to want to buy the hungry girls cook book for my daughter!
Long day... time to exercise already!
Oh, my grand-kiddo's call me "Gramsy"

Last edited by DebbyL; 03-04-2013 at 04:18 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #350
Big Yapper!

Laura, I haven't even swallowed one yet. It says to take 2 with a full glass of water and I've been nervous that they would upset my stomach (if I haven't eaten yet). I think I'll take them starting tonight and see how it goes. Thanks for asking and thinking of me. I hope it goes well. I have no idea how long it takes to feel better with that stuff.

"Gramsy." That's so cute! And too funny about the youngest learning to chatter. They can demand too much of the attention at that age, can't they! I'm glad you have a lovely family of believers, like Laura said. You're very blessed.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
It was good. Picked up a few good tips. Most of it I'm already doing though. Real interested in that lohan or mung fruit sweetener. Need to see if they have it at the HFS here.
Quote:
Laura, I haven't even swallowed one yet. It says to take 2 with a full glass of water and I've been nervous that they would upset my stomach (if I haven't eaten yet). I think I'll take them starting tonight and see how it goes. Thanks for asking and thinking of me. I hope it goes well. I have no idea how long it takes to feel better with that stuff.

"Gramsy." That's so cute! And too funny about the youngest learning to chatter. They can demand too much of the attention at that age, can't they! I'm glad you have a lovely family of believers, like Laura said. You're very blessed.
I used to take it Cheryl, thought I needed it. Losing wt. took away all my joint problems, except when the thyroid sends the migrating pain... but that's totally different. Exercise also helps, if its not irritating it. My mother used to swim to help her joints.

Thanks. I eventually want them to call me "Grams" ... but time will tell.

Something really strange... 2 of my friends are expecting twins! They are only 1 month apart in due dates... so strange. It will be # 3 & #4 for the one, who has 2 girls 8 & 10yrs... It will be # 6 & #7 for the other one, who's oldest is 13.

Last edited by DebbyL; 03-04-2013 at 08:03 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #352
Blabbermouth!!!

let me know Debby how you like the mung sweetener . I only watched part of the show. Night !
Old 03-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
let me know Debby how you like the mung sweetener . I only watched part of the show. Night !
Ah, I found it online. Way to pricey for me! Agave works good enough for me.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #354
Big Yapper!

Wow! That's a lot of kids. Very cool that they are both having twins around the same time.

I took my first dose of the Gluc/Chon at bedtime. No side effects so that's good. I was afraid how my body might react to something new. I have IBS and that can be hairy. Taking it at night was the safest way to test it out. I googled about it and I guess it takes about 2 weeks to start to feel relief, if it's going to work. Looking forward to that!

Have a great day, Debby (and Laura and whoever else is reading.)
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It was sunny & cold (9 F) this morning, warmed up to 32 F! Just had to go for a walk & soak up the sunshine.

Shelby is full of energy. So hard not to run her... too much pent up energy!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #356
Big Yapper!

When can she start really kicking up her heels again? Forgot about the little girl in her healing state. It's hard to be a young pup and hold back all that joy! Glad you got a lot of sunshine today. Spring's coming!!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Good that you had some sunshine today Debby I bet Shelby really is wanting to run and play by now..... I don't remember us having to keep Allie from running for long, but it was years ago, so maybe I just forgot ??

Hope you both have a good night !
Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Supposed to be till next Tuesday. What a joke! She runs, jumps, does stairs, etc... without being taken on her car-run. DH took her with the quad going slower & when they got back, she looked at him like "LETS GO!"
Old 03-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #359
Big Yapper!

God bless her! Go, Shelby! You know what you're ready for.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful day here again. I'm wearing shorts! Inside of course... but the sun warmed the house up over 70.

I had to go to town again today. My watch arrived at Sears, so I picked it up & went grocery shopping at Safeway for my veggies. Spaghetti & zucchini squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, swiss chard, beets, 1 artichoke, lemons, & strawberries & potato chips for DH.

I'm having a hard time waking up in the mornings. I even went to bed early last night & still slept in. The time change Sunday is not going to be good for me! Kind of wondering if the drop in thyroid meds is the cause...

We're having guests next week. Wednesday thru Sunday. They're missionaries from Zambia that stayed with us a couple of years ago. It will be fun. But I'll have to do a dusting & cleaning of the entire house before they arrive. Oh well, should do it anyway I guess. I want to get the tax stuff in order also... we'll see!