Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #301
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I don't know, Debby. I have no idea. It stopped my weight loss but other than that, I'm not sure what else it did to me. All I know is I feel pretty rotten lately. Very painful in my lower body, like I've been working out hard at the gym. And it can't be the farm because I've been doing these same chores for 14 months now. These muscles are used to the workload by now.

Yeah, the last girl who weighed fell below the red line so that was that. Lots of drama, as always. Jillian is ranting and raving and getting in everyone's faces; even the other trainers. ?????

I hope your inflammation resolves soon. Sorry you won't be able to continue eating that stuff. I know you enjoy it. Glad you got a nap! Those are delectable.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I don't know, Debby. I have no idea. It stopped my weight loss but other than that, I'm not sure what else it did to me. All I know is I feel pretty rotten lately. Very painful in my lower body, like I've been working out hard at the gym. And it can't be the farm because I've been doing these same chores for 14 months now. These muscles are used to the workload by now.

Yeah, the last girl who weighed fell below the red line so that was that. Lots of drama, as always. Jillian is ranting and raving and getting in everyone's faces; even the other trainers. ?????

I hope your inflammation resolves soon. Sorry you won't be able to continue eating that stuff. I know you enjoy it. Glad you got a nap! Those are delectable.
I read on the net that chai seeds are really good for regulating your thyroid! They recommend 3 TBS a day. How much were you eating of the Chia seeds? That's a lot of carbs... will have to juggle my other carbs to try them.
My inflammation is slowly going down still, even after taking the cold tab again. Of which I am grateful! I was extra hungry tonight, so had more protein.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #303
Big Yapper!

1 TBS only.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all!

Wow Cheryl! That's amazing! 1 TBS made you gain that much weight. I hope its not that way for me. Only one way to find out... will definitely proceed with caution!

Today I was so far "into" my work, that I forgot to eat (never happens). And worked past 1 pm (end of my day). Ended up working an extra half hour & eating my lunch on the drive home.

Got my exercise done, inside again, too icy out there. I've had to increase the tension on the Flex machine this week. Hope that's the right thing to be doing! Enjoyed the "middle" of Biggest Loser through my work-out. Yesterday I only got to see beginning & end. It straddles our dinner hour. Can't believe its so far into the season already

Have a good evening.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
let me know how you do on the chia seeds. I haven't bought any yet, sure don't need something that makes me gain. I am thinking of trying to go without artificial sweeteners, but wow, I know that would be sooooo hard for me !!

You can't watch your show while you eat supper ? Do y'all have sit down suppers at the table ? We don't . Only when company is here or it's a special occasion. I like to eat in my rocker/recliner and DH usually stands at the island in the kitchen and eats !! We are so weird

night

ATTITUDE is the difference between an ordeal and an ADVENTURE !!

'If you're tired of starting over, then QUIT stopping !"
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
let me know how you do on the chia seeds. I haven't bought any yet, sure don't need something that makes me gain. I am thinking of trying to go without artificial sweeteners, but wow, I know that would be sooooo hard for me !!

You can't watch your show while you eat supper ? Do y'all have sit down suppers at the table ? We don't . Only when company is here or it's a special occasion. I like to eat in my rocker/recliner and DH usually stands at the island in the kitchen and eats !! We are so weird

night
OK, will do on the chia seeds. Not sure "when" they're ever going to show up.

I use blue agave or honey. My bladder is suddenly much better & thanks me for it!

Yes, we do eat @ the table. Not always, but a mostly. DH does not like the show, and makes negative comments about the crying. He's naturally thin & doesn't "get" us who struggle with wt. So, its my choice to not watch it when he's in the room. Its very nice to catch up on each other, how our days went, etc. I know, most people don't sit at table to eat, in this day & age. Have even met people who "never" cook! It is much healthier to and helps you become more aware of what you're eating, slow down & savor your food too, helps you to be more satisfied with less.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

huh, so agave and honey don't set off cravings for you ? I would think it would for me ;/

That's nice that you all sit and visit while you have supper. i have talked to someone who didn't turn on their stove for over 9 yrs !! I can't imagine. I just love to cook And EAT
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Laura,
Quick answer here. No, the agave & honey don't do the same thing to your blood sugar. Naturopath put me on to them. I only use a small amount in my coffee.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #309
Blabbermouth!!!

hope you had a good day ! Sorry if our "talking" about your journey brought up bad memories for you ;( Wouldn't want to do that........ You have done an amazing job and are an inspiration to us all !! And giving God the glory !!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #310
Big Yapper!

I wish we could all go back to the time when supper was a family event. Time to put aside everything else and make time for each other. We've gotten caught up in the roller coaster of life and it sucks. I think that's how we started to eat unconsciously and over eat, too. Mind-numbing food stuffing behavior.

I don't think she minds that we asked her about it, Laura. But I understand why she might not want to rehash it all. When it's behind you and settled and you're living in the liberty that God gave you, it's so irrelevant that it's not worth talking about and bringing it into the present. Not to worry! We all ask things that others don't especially want to answer sometimes.

Just Monday, some new orientee at the farm asked me what my disability was! I was aghast and all I could think to say was, "Well, it's not a physical one." I sounded rude I'm sure but I'm under no obligation to lay my private issues before someone I have no knowledge of, just in making pleasant conversation. My sister Bonnie (may she rest in peace) used to say that when someone asked her something too personal, she'd say, "I'm sorry?" Then if they repeated the question she'd say it again, or something similar. Eventually they'd get the hint.

It's after midnight here and I somehow have to get up at a "normal hour" tomorrow and get rolling. I have a list of about 6 things to get done tomorrow ("today") and it's not my style to be so industrious. Wish me luck!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually, I feel honored that you asked. Thanks for asking!
I do love to share what I've been through & learned. Never hesitate to ask. I think most often (in my life) I talk too much, tell stories that weren't asked for... However, with the mental "fog" that I'm recovering from, it is sometimes hard to tell a story without wording it right & leaving out important parts... So, if you want to know, I generally love to tell! Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. I really enjoy talking with you guys. And you give me inspiration to write. So thank you!

Cheryl, that is so true. And that's why we do eat together, however we sometimes will eat in the family room while watching a movie. We used to have devotions after breakfast with the whole family, I wish we still did. We're thinking about getting back to that, but with work-rush... its hard. Think we stopped doing that when the kids left home. Now we just have our own quiet times & sometimes share what God was saying.

Cheryl, that was so rude of that person! Good way to handle it.. I like your sister's method too! I usually don't think fast enough...

We had a board meeting tonight. It went really well, I'm so relieved when they go so smooth & we did actually cover a lot of ground.

I'm suddenly getting migrating joint pain... have to up the thyroid medicine back up again... oh brother!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #312
Big Yapper!

well, i just felt like i could have handled the situation better. she was shocked that i didn't have some full-time day thing going on and when she pressed, i should have just said i was a retired RN. i just hate twisting the truth, but sometimes the real truth isn't appropriate to share with whomever simply asks. it ended up being uncomfortable for both of us and likely we both learned something from it.

i have so much to learn from you regarding the thyroid mess and other stuff. for another day! 1 am here. sleep tight, ladies! God bless us all.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls,
I had a successful day at work. Catching up on all the extra preparation for the annual meeting on Sunday.

Today the migrating joint pain is backing off a bit. But this afternoon I had a bad case of "tired & unmotivated"... didn't "feel" like exercising, but pushed through it. Its sure a good thing that the Dr's show got me distracted long enough to "get into" my exercise.

Oh, yesterday I finally received the Christmas box my sister mailed on Dec. 16th! I think it must of been delivered to someone's box, that was on vacation. Anyway, it was so amazing that it arrived! And fun to open it all. She sent me a whole bunch of sensitive skin cosmetics.

Yeah, tomorrow's Friday.

See ya!

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-21-2013 at 07:44 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #314
Blabbermouth!!!

Glad you are feeling better ! WTG on pushing through with the exercise

WooHoo on the Christmas present !! Unexpected gifts are always nice !
Old 02-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura,

I had an uneventful day at work. Still felt uninspired in the afternoon, but after working out I did a big veggie cook-off. Saving my veggies from going bad & making life easier for my diet.

Looking forward to the week-end. Hope you all have a good, restful one too!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #316
Big Yapper!

Very funny about the Christmas gift now just arrived. I had that happen with a Christmas card one of my sisters had sent me. I think it arrived in March.

Veggie cook-off. Sounds yummy! So you're adding in more veggies now? I know you've been hesitant to do that. You're doing amazingly, Debby. You're a few lbs under your goal weight! Look at you! How do you feel in your skin and in your clothes?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Very funny about the Christmas gift now just arrived. I had that happen with a Christmas card one of my sisters had sent me. I think it arrived in March.

Veggie cook-off. Sounds yummy! So you're adding in more veggies now? I know you've been hesitant to do that. You're doing amazingly, Debby. You're a few lbs under your goal weight! Look at you! How do you feel in your skin and in your clothes?
Yeah, mail is kind of unpredictable around Christmas.

The veggies I've been doing since I went to the naturopath, so probably 8 months, & was able to get to my goal as well. Its actually the fruit & starches that I'm "scared" of. Quinoa...still gonna try, just in smaller amounts & apples... going to have when not eating quinoa.

Right now I'm still retaining water, so am at my goal wt. But I am still shrinking. The Flex is doing the toning, slowly & surely, as well as making me much stronger. Amazing, really.
I am so thankful to be thin again, that is for sure! I really do enjoy dressing nicer. Have been doing a "make-over" on my style since I got down in wt. Trying to kind of "dress up" instead of "cover up"
Thankful too, for feeling so good now. Little thyroid kinks & quirks as we are still trying to regulate the dose, but overall feeling super!
The Adrenal thing is definitely getting better too. My dh watched absolutely horrid shows while I was surfing the net last night. It did give me palpitations, but no adrenal rush, so that's an improvement. Should of asked him not to watch them with me there, but I didn't. Just tried to tune it out.
My day is not going at all the usual way. Slept in to 8 am. Cut dh's hair. Vacuumed the two main floors. Should get some books done... after I chat with my friends here!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #318
Big Yapper!

Watching upsetting things affects the adrenals? I guess that means we're all screwed. Who among us is sheltered from all that life is throwing at us via TV, internet, radio, etc.? I'm really glad you are feeling so great in your skin, Debby. You earned it!! Nobody got you to where you are but YOU. God helped but you did it, girl.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Watching upsetting things affects the adrenals? I guess that means we're all screwed. Who among us is sheltered from all that life is throwing at us via TV, internet, radio, etc.? I'm really glad you are feeling so great in your skin, Debby. You earned it!! Nobody got you to where you are but YOU. God helped but you did it, girl.
Actually, just the music can get it going... I'm good with most shows, I like the CSI & such... but horror or such, last night was a viet nam movie.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am thankful for you, friends!

I had a successful day. Traded my exercise today for vacuuming the two floors. Got my books well on the way, laundry done, dog run.

Hope you have a good evening!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Skiing with Shelby
Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #321
Big Yapper!

She's one happy dog and you look very happy, too. Nice pic!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cheryl,
We do love skiing

I had a very busy Sunday. Started with picking up the kiddo's for Sunday School, Church & KFC for their lunch. Played a while, came home & exercised, ate, & headed back to church for our annual meeting. Yeah!! Done for another year! Its really the culmination of my whole year, so I'm always relieved when its done.

Hope you guys had a marvelous Sunday!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #323
Big Yapper!

Yea You!!! Celebrate, baby-cakes!

There! Those smileys should hold you.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Love the pic ! Looks like so much fun.

Glad the annual meeting went well and you feel relieved. Great job !
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning

Thanks Laura, It is fun. That particular day dh came with us.

Yes, feels so good to be on the other side of the AGM.

I finally got my chia seeds that were on order since Fall. I had no idea what I was ordering one of the other girls wanted to split a bag. Now that I got them, I find out they're super good for thyroid and other things.
So, I've had them for 2 days & have really enjoyed them in my afternoon snack. Very filling.

Taking Shelby in this morning, to get fixed. Poor baby, I feel so bad doing that to her, but dh really doesn't want puppies. Hoping all goes well.

Have a good day!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #326
Blabbermouth!!!

Aww. Hope Shelby does good ! We had Allie done too. Just so hard every time they go into heat .....

Chia seeds aren't giving you any trouble ? Great ! What exactly are you mixing them into ?

Getting ready for work. TTYL ! Have a great day
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Aww. Hope Shelby does good ! We had Allie done too. Just so hard every time they go into heat .....

Chia seeds aren't giving you any trouble ? Great ! What exactly are you mixing them into ?

Getting ready for work. TTYL ! Have a great day
Yeah, me too. She probably will do fine.

Right now I'm just mixing it with my oatbran that I take & almond milk. It soaks up a lot of liquid.

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-26-2013 at 08:24 AM..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #328
Big Yapper!

You and she will be much better off without any "accidents" so I'm glad you're getting her spayed. It's sad in a way and you don't want to cause her pain but they will medicate her and hopefully give you some meds to keep her comfortable once she's back home. She'll be back to her normal, happy self before you know it.

I don't remember reading Chia seeds were good for the Thyroid. Wasn't it you who recently said that Synthroid caused you to have heat intolerance? I need to look into that because it that little pill is the reason why I am so excessively warm, I will want heads to roll. I've been taking it from the very beginning and that was in my mid 30's. I'm now 50 dog-gone years old.

What can be taken in place of Synthroid that will do the same thing? I don't have a Naturopath so I don't feel comfortable just trying to medicate myself. I want a prescription drug. I'm still open to hearing what natural things you take and what they do. I'm so confused.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #329
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
You and she will be much better off without any "accidents" so I'm glad you're getting her spayed. It's sad in a way and you don't want to cause her pain but they will medicate her and hopefully give you some meds to keep her comfortable once she's back home. She'll be back to her normal, happy self before you know it.

I don't remember reading Chia seeds were good for the Thyroid. Wasn't it you who recently said that Synthroid caused you to have heat intolerance? I need to look into that because it that little pill is the reason why I am so excessively warm, I will want heads to roll. I've been taking it from the very beginning and that was in my mid 30's. I'm now 50 dog-gone years old.

What can be taken in place of Synthroid that will do the same thing? I don't have a Naturopath so I don't feel comfortable just trying to medicate myself. I want a prescription drug. I'm still open to hearing what natural things you take and what they do. I'm so confused.
Not just synthroid, all of those T4 only meds. stopthethyroidmadness page has all kind of info for you to read up on. I take naturethoid or something... its made from animal thyroid & has T3 in it as well, which seems to be the reason it is superior. Armour is one they talk about as well... they have pages of how to talk to your dr, and meds that they recommend. You don't have to see a naturopath.
The whole thrust there is that we should be treated by our symptoms, not by the TSH number, which the modern Dr's do now.
As well, they have ways to test yourself for adrenal fatigue, because if you have that, it makes taking thyroid meds pretty useless.... its thyroid patients who've done the research & are fighting for their own health.

Yeah, Shelby was happily greeting everyone at the vet's when I left.

Hope you're having a good day.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #330
Big Yapper!

I've been on that website before. I take Cytomel in addition to the Levo. I still have symptoms, apparently. I don't have a specialist but my general Dr is very good. And still, now that healthcare is changing, and since I have Medicare for insurance, they now only agree to check for free T3 and free T4 if the TSH is not in the normal range.

Well, the TSH WILL be in the normal range, cause I am medicated. It should be in the very low end of the normal range. So if I want the FT4 and FT3, I will have to pay for them out of pocket. I've done that before, when I had no insurance at all. I did the labs via that website that someone (or someones) recommended on the Thyroid forum here on LCF. Money is an issue.

And then it's a matter of getting the Dr to treat my symptoms and not just go by the levels of my lab tests. I haven't approached him about treating for the symptoms yet and he's very open to things I have to say, but I wonder just how far I could get with him on this.

I just was doing a web search for specialists in CT and it doesn't look like anyone stands out. I could go to the Thyroid board and do an advanced search to see if anyone has suggested a CT Dr in the past. It's worth a shot. Sometimes in regard to things like Thyroid and Adrenals, I just feel like I'm chasing my tail. I once paid for the saliva cortisol test and it came back "normal." Shelbyla looked over the results and really didn't have any suggestions on what supplements I should try. She was stumped and I was out the cash and still had no answers.

I understand Adrenal Fatigue and knowing my life, I can't fathom how I don't have it. I just want to be working on all 8 cylinders if I can be. Sometimes I wonder if I'm wasting my energy to try and find answers to something when there aren't any clear answers. That's why I get discouraged and just go with the status quo.

Need to get ready for work now. I have no energy and I have had no coffee yet. Going to make a pot right now so I'm not dragging the whole time I'm there. This marathon couple of weeks is almost over for me. I don't want to be limping across the finish line tomorrow. That means I need COFFEE!!

I'm glad Shelby was happy to see the people at the Vet's. She's likely going to have a different demeanor when you pick her back up, but just know that you did the right thing. And if they haven't given you some pain meds to give her, ask them for some. I know you will.