Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #271
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
The winds will persist but then die down into the single digits overnight. Tomorrow I will begin to dig out. The plow is still going to come and do the driveway, God bless him. This I gotta see! Might be my next video, actually.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Thanks Debby, I plan to.....have been walking and doing dumbbells for "bat wings" and just didn't think I would be that wimpy....... dang !
That's a good start! I graduated to push-ups for those "bat wings" they work great! Now the flex works them, but I can take push-ups with me anywhere! I think I'm going to have to invest in some resistance bands for our motorcycle rides though... should help, that & walking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
The winds will persist but then die down into the single digits overnight. Tomorrow I will begin to dig out. The plow is still going to come and do the driveway, God bless him. This I gotta see! Might be my next video, actually.
Yes, on the news showed the gusting winds. Hope that stops soon. Did the plow ever show up?

I did most of the day in office. Made some headway. Ski'd with dh, that was fun.

My poor dd is very concerned for her dh, causing extreme anxiety in her. He's been going to meetings at a church teaching a different religion & is close to making a decision to follow their teachings. She's so upset, please pray for them, if you think of them. My DH is going to talk with him tonight, pray that God breaks through to him. Oh, and for peace for dd. Thanks friends!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hope your dd and sil can work it out. Thats tough. I've never skiid but it looks fun. have you always skiid ?
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #274
Big Yapper!

Oh, Debby. I read you loud and clear. I will pray within a matter of minutes. This is no small thing. If you want to PM me or talk on FB about it, (messaging me, I mean), I'm here for you.

Yes, the plow guy came last night and did half of my driveway, then went to the other driveway that belongs to the couple who live upstairs. She drove her car over to MY driveway and did about 10 tiny K-turns to get her car pointing back to the road. I went out when I saw her and started cleaning off my car. She helped me a lot and then I tried to just ram through what snow was left around the car. I just kept rocking it back and forth, twisting and turning the wheel and FINALLY, it came unglued. My poor, trusty, faithful car! May it last me another 12 years.

So the plow guy saw how buried my car was and he told me he'd be back later on to finish the driveway. I got my car completely cleaned off and then parked on the neighbors side, in front of her car. A lot like some sort of game, only no fun at all.

He returned at 0800 today and finished the job. He came at the driveway at an angle (which he really didn't need to do) and now we'll have one heck of a time getting to the trash and recycle cans that are now inundated. I really don't care. I don't know how the trash guys are going to handle all this. They can't just drive up to the can, grab it with those mechanical arms and dump it in the truck. There are too many piles (mountains) of snow in the way. Not my concern!

Now we've got tornadoes in the Midwestern states. OMG. Peril everywhere! The Bible says to "pray unceasingly." That might be what is necessary to keep us all safe and covered.

Night! I wrote on my journal about my day if you want to read. Glad you went skiing! Off to pray now about your family matter. Have faith, but know it's all in His plan. He knows what He's doing. Maybe this person has a lesson to learn that he can't learn another way. I will pray. I hope it doesn't come down to that. (Going the wrong way to see the right way somewhere down the line.)

Last edited by CherylB; 02-10-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #275
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great Cheryl! Sounds like a very worth-while day. I find "messaging" too hard. My hands & wrists are weak, although I am noticing that they are able to do more, since I began using the flex... maybe I could message longer now... shh!! don't tell dh! I personally can't stand message... yep, one of those weird few who don't. AND I have a BIL that is a masseur! (he's also an ER nurse).

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I called dd this afternoon. She's feeling a bit better, but quite wiped out. SIL called her last night, & acknowledged the hurt/worry she is feeling, which is a good step, since before he just dismissed it, when she tried to talk with him. Apparently she also called his parents & his dad had called just before my dh called. He said he felt bombarded. So we keep praying. God has been very present to dd today, comforting & speaking to her through everything at her church. God is good. We will continue to pray & trust that Jesus gets them both through this. HE is able. Thanks again for all your prayers.

We had a very good day today, great service & fellowship, and nice relaxing time at home. DH & I went for a more challenging ski this afternoon too, following a horse-trail in 3 ft of snow up & down the hills on the back property...quite the work... felt like we were snow-shoeing instead of skiing, except when we went down the too-steep part!

Wow, we get tomorrow off work too!

Good night friends!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #276
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
This "new" church must be completely against all of your family's beliefs ! Will continue to pray for your family .......

WTG on the skiing
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Laura, for praying.
Well, the teachings "seem" to be Christian, but throw in a "prophet's" interpretation... which puts the followers under the law. This church is very "fringe", so much that most Christians do not recognize them as Christians at all.
Yes, the skiing was more of a work-out today, and fun too!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

keep skiing ( do some for me ....!! )

Sorry about the church. That's a tricky one,huh ? God will take care of the situation in His own way and own time. (hugs)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #279
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad that God is present and supporting dd. I prayed that God would open his eyes and cause grave doubts when listening to their shpeel (sp?) and that he know that it's the wrong road to travel down. I hope that is the case. Otherwise, life will become much more difficult for all of them.

That did sound more like snow shoeing! You are going to be in the fittest shape of your entire life, girlfriend. As far as massaging goes, I'd love to get a massage once or twice a month, but not when I'm this heavy. I hate the notion of someone handling me at my present state of blobbiness. Best to wait for when I'm much slimmer and there is a lot less of me to massage. BTW, my late husband was a massage therapist, but I usually got foot massages rather than full-body ones. Not sure why, but I don't think he wanted to think of the person lying on his massage table in a sexual way. That would be bad.

I have the farm today. It's going to be raining on and off so I will just dress for the worst. I love my new boots. I can slosh and slog through anything and my feet stay dry.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #280
Blabbermouth!!!

Is that a new avi Cheryl ? Or am I confused ? Looking very pretty there

Skiing today too Debby ?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi girls!
Busy day... doing books, worked-out inside... company... grand-kiddo's.
Now parents are coming for dinner... see you later!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #282
Big Yapper!

Old Avi, but recycled. I took that picture about 2 years ago. I was in the 180-range and now I'm in the upper 190's. I'll get this weight back off again, slowly but surely.

Busy day indeed, Deb! Enjoy!! See ya tomorrow. Get some good rest when all the festivities are over for the day.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm back! Whew!
It was a good day. Lots of busy-ness & family fun. Good discussions.

I was able to get my elliptical & flex work-outs done. So I'm happy.
Doesn't feel like it should be a work-day tomorrow, for some reason. I guess it felt more like another Saturday.

Good night!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My SIL had a 3 hr appointment with their pastor today. praying that the Lord got through to him & is helping him have the victory over this thing. SO want to call & see how it went, but have to keep praying & wait to hear.

Enjoying the new Survivor. Didn't think I would enjoy the favorites coming back, but the way they're doing it made it interesting.

We have a "Date Night Challenge" tomorrow night, for Valentine's. Its a special event put together by Focus on the Family that our church is holding for the whole community. Should be fun.

Hope you guys are doing well, need to go read your threads.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #285
Blabbermouth!!!

I hope it went well too. Your church sounds fun ! Enjoy !
Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #286
Big Yapper!

Deb! Happy Valentines Day. You too, Laura!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its been a good hard work-week for me too. I'm so happy its Friday night! With the shorter week, and double the projects to get done... & I'm so happy to be on the other side of it!

I've gone to lower carb the last two days (to get rid of inflammation). Which made me lousy this morning! It passed, & I was down a lb. of the water wt. Hope the rest goes soon! I did take a few of my measurements this morning. They're the same & smaller, so I was reassured... Once I get rid of the water retention, I'll try to add carbs one at a time & maybe alternate them. Last week I was eating both Quinoa and an apple in the same day, every day. Maybe it was one of those.

It feels like spring here! I had to open the window at work because the sun shines in on me from 2 sides. Was great to have fresh air blowing in. Snow's melting, feels like time to go on a vacation to me!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had a very restful day, worked on my books, while DH slept all day. He's still sick, but showing some signs of improvement. If he's better tomorrow, we'll be going swimming with DS & his 4 kiddo's. I haven't been swimming in years! Probably need a new swim-suit. But oh well.

Going grain-less is dropping the wt. And I'm guessing its one of the carbs, or the sinus meds I've been taking that caused the water wt. I didn't take any cold meds today, so will see if its that. I hope its not the Quinoa, but have a feeling that it is. I really like it! Could be the apple too, but I highly doubt it.

On the good side, I'm not getting adrenal rushes when I talk about "things" so I'm really hopeful the adrenals are healing. Still concerned about going hypo again, with dropping the thyroid... afraid of the wt. mostly.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #289
Big Yapper!

I don't think you have anything to be afraid of, Debby. You're there and you'll stay there. I have no doubt in my mind. You should be so happy about how well you've done. I'm envious of your open windows! Soon, Spring will come. My favorite season of them all.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #290
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I don't think you have anything to be afraid of, Debby. You're there and you'll stay there. I have no doubt in my mind. You should be so happy about how well you've done. I'm envious of your open windows! Soon, Spring will come. My favorite season of them all.
Thanks Cheryl,
Alarm bells go off for me when I have a 4 lb. jump on the scale. I just need to figure out what causes the water retention. I'm back on my "normal" diet today, the water retention is subsiding, so this week will help me to narrow in on the "culprit." If it turns out to be the cold meds, then I'll just know it will happen next time.

DH stayed home today, still too sick, so we didn't go swimming. I ordered a new bathing suit, looking forward to that.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #291
Big Yapper!

I love your vigilance and I hope someday to be like you when I grow up (if I ever do.) Night, cutie. Very very tired. Wish I had something stronger than Motrin for my achy body. Feels like it's in the bone as well as my muscles. That kind of general misery. Maybe as P2 goes along, the aches and pains will subside. I've been so, so bad.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah... PTL for Motrin! (although I can't take it anymore). Glad you can! Do you have a bathtub? a nice hot bath could help too?

Yea, I have a bit of a scratchy throat tonight. Might have to take a cold tab tonight. Oh well... better than getting sick!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:46 PM   #293
Big Yapper!

I do have a bathtub here. Nice and deep but they're never long enough for me. I'm not tall and I hate the fact that my legs are either bent and up out of the water or my upper body has to be. Who in the world designs tubs??? They aren't made to fit a human.

At times like these, I really miss my Thermospas hot tub. Good memories but I really never used it much. I'm glad it is being enjoyed at its new home. Maybe I can get a more basic, simple hot tub for this place. The landlady was open to that idea before I moved in so I guess that could be an option in the future. We shall see how the money flows.

Night. Almost midnight here and I must get to bed.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #294
Blabbermouth!!!

wow Debby you are so vigilant ! Good job on figuring out the "culprit"

So whatever happened with your sil and DD ? Hope it turned out ok !
Glad DH is starting to feel better... poor man has had it rough lately ;( Hope you didn't catch it .

WooHoo on the new bathing suit !! Pics ??
Old 02-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Laura,
Yes, we did talk with DD last night, she said he's somewhat denying what he'd been saying, and has backed off on it all, didn't go to any more meetings, so things seem to be back to "normal." I guess its easier on his pride to go that route. We'll continue to pray and encourage him to grow.

I've had to take cold/sinus tabs to fight the cold off, had to take another one last night (after 2 days off of them), and it didn't make me retain water... so it must be the quinoa, or just that it was too much eating quinoa + apples.

Here's a picture of the bathing suit I ordered. Have a great day!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #296
Big Yapper!

I love that suit! I hope it looks as good on you as on her. I love it, Debby. Does it criss-cross in the back? Looks very comfortable and secure. I hate suits that have straps that easily slide off the shoulders when you don't want them to.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

I meant are you going to post a pic of you with the new bathing suit on ?

Glad DD and SIL worked that out....answered prayers

Have a good day !
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #298
Big Yapper!

That IS her, Laura! Don't she look good?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Funny!
Yea, the back is kind of different. Here's a little pic
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Laura, it is good news about SIL. will continue to pray.

Today was nice & quiet at work. Felt kind of sleepy from losing a couple hours of sleep between 3-5 am. (dh snoring). I even took a 20 minute nap when I got home, which I haven't done for ages.

Research is pointing at the quinoa for being inflammatory. Apparently it is for some people. Is that what happened to you Cheryl, with the chia seed? I hope it doesn't do that to me on that too. I ordered a big bag of it last September. Its on back-order.

Biggest loser was on tonight. Didn't get to watch all of it, but did see the end. Sad to see them go home. They're down to 6 people for next week already, seems like its going way too fast this time.

Hope everyone has a good rest.