Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #1141
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Don't beat yourself up Gail . We are all your friends..... it's not all about the food. Hope you are doing well and that the weather warms up for you soon ! We miss you
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 02:45 AM   #1142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Don't stay away Gail! We do miss you and your positive spirit! I stayed away for a while and it didn't do me any good. I came back to the boards and felt better about the journey, but it has taken me until this last week of January 2014 to really pull myself back on the right track. My mindset is finally where it should be and I know I really want to get back to where I was. (I'm basically back to where I started in 2012!)

Now I just need to do it! We all fail at times, but we know when it is time to strive to be successful! It's a tiring journey to health and happiness .
Old 01-28-2014, 07:09 AM   #1143
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Gail - I feel you. I need to get back to posting again, being positive and not letting set backs and bad weather get me down.

Let's commit to posting each day for a week? I know it helps me to check in here.

Hi, Amber! How are the Honey Badgers?
Portia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:32 AM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Oh you guys are great! Jes, you got it. I will post every day.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #1145
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Oh you guys are great! Jes, you got it. I will post every day.
I will too, Gail!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #1146
Major LCF Poster!

So today we are back on target. I had a really busy day today -- back to back meetings outside the office on the morning and then a lunch meeting and then a lot of writing to do in the afternoon/evening. Today I ate the following:
B: coffee with splenda, half and half
Lunch: a few bites of chopped salad (lettuce, radish, tomato, grilled chicken, shredded cheese and Italian dressing), plain iced tea
Dinner: turkey burger in a low carb roll, salad, Health Express Puffy Pop Cake

OMG -- if you go to the Netrition site, you will find the Health Express Puffy Pop Cake and YUM! I am a salt chick -- I like potato chips, tortilla chips, fries -- would chose that any day over sweets. So if you need a salty crunchy snack that is low carb and low calorie, you have got to try this. Only 16 calories and 5 carbs in a very generous serving.

Have a lovely night ladies. Hugs and kisses to you all.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:18 AM   #1147
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey Gail, I have been trying to get caught up since Vegas, I am really looking forward to the weekend!

Hi Portia!!! Long time no see for me too!!! Trying to get back at it as well, I gained 35 pounds from my lowest that is just not a good thing! And now it is even harder to get off!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:08 AM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Nice to hear from you Gail! Thanks for the tip on the snack food! It looks like something that I would enjoy also. It's in my Netrition shopping cart. My cart is getting fuller and fuller!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:26 AM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, great to see you too. Netrition has really great products -- I tend to go overboard when I shop there too. I am getting ready for work now and it is seven degrees out! I am so tired of winter and wish warmer weather would come along!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #1150
Blabbermouth!!!

Good for you getting back on track, Gail!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:32 AM   #1151
Major LCF Poster!

It is hard. I am still eating too much. When I was staying focused before, I got to a point where I was eating a whole lot less and was still satisfied --and losing weight -- slowly but still. Now, my appetite is back with a vengeance after cheating for almost a month. I wish I could strangle myself for indulging in bread, chex mix and pizza.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #1152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
I think that this weather isn't helping any of us! It's so cold and I just want to eat and eat and eat!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:13 AM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

You can do it, Gail! I did the same thing and I'm stuck right now. Those nasty carbs reek havoc and increase hunger. This bitter cold winter needs to be over very soon. Keep visualizing Spring's warmer days!
Old 01-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #1154
Major LCF Poster!

Ladies, I so wish spring was here. I think warmer weather -- but somewhat warmer -- is coming next week. At least it will be 35 degrees here and not 7 degrees.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:25 AM   #1155
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Gail heat wave here 18 this morning and it is suppose to hear 20! I hear ya I am so over this winter!!!!! Well I am going in to work 30 minutes later now, so I have no excuse to not go to the gym, so Monday I am going 7 degrees or not! Ughghg!!!!

It is hard the first few days to get back on track but you can do it!!!!

Big super bowl plans?
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:17 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Let's all wave good-bye to January !!! Ready for a fabulous February? I am!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, yes, I am ready to wave goodbye to January and say hello to February. It is also the start of Chinese New Year, ushering in the Year of the Horse, which I hope will be a good year for us all.

Amber, we have been invited to a few Super Bowl parties and are deciding what to do. Tony and I have to be up really early on Monday morning for work, earlier than usual, so we are debating about whether to stay home and watch the game. If we stay home, we are thinking of making a feast like low carb shrimp marinara or roast lamb with greek salad. If we go to a friends' house, we will bring plenty of low carb options.

Hope you guys have a great weekend! xo xo xo
Old 01-31-2014, 10:34 AM   #1158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Hey Gail! I haven't really been posting as much either. The weather has me depressed. The car has me depressed. But, I haven't really strayed much. Just one day. Broken down in sub temps for almost 5 hours...we went to Bob Evans, and I ate whatever. I understand your lack of motivation when the weather has been so crappy. What else is there to do but veg out in front of the tv and eat? ha ha. Yesterday was the first day that my children have been back to school since a week ago! We are all a little cabin feverish, especially with the car out of commission.

Good luck with the superbowl parties! Whether you choose to go out or stay in...there are lots of lc choices at those type of parties. they are mostly catered to men, and that means MEAT>

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:55 PM   #1159
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
It is hard. I am still eating too much. When I was staying focused before, I got to a point where I was eating a whole lot less and was still satisfied --and losing weight -- slowly but still. Now, my appetite is back with a vengeance after cheating for almost a month. I wish I could strangle myself for indulging in bread, chex mix and pizza.
It's so hard. I am not doing Atkins, but my lower-carb eating started yesterday and I. Can't. Stop. Eating. I know it will calm down in a day or two but WHY do we do this to ourselves?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

Jes, I hear you -- it is hard. For me, once I go off the wagon, it is hard for me to get back on. I get into eating patterns where I just want what I want to eat. I think I am finally getting back into the groove again though.

What helps me is directing my interest to healthy things that I really enjoy which are:
*Looking for and making low carb recipes
*Going for long walks along the ocean when the weather permits
*Hopping on my elliptical machine (especially when there is something good on TV, LOL)
*Turning my attention to things other than food during the times when I want to eat, which is always at night in front of the TV. I try to distract myself by reading a good book or writing letters or doing work or perusing catalogs -- anything to prevent me from snacking too much at night.

Know thyself -- I think that is just a really true phrase. Know your food/eating weaknesses and try to mitigate them by putting yourself out of harm's way to begin with.

I did find a great recipe for shrimp marinara which we made last night. I will post it later. It is low carb, flavorful and delicious. Homemade marinara sauce is so good, good for you and much better than the kind in a bottle. We have a bunch leftover so I think we will make low carb pizzas tonight with the low carb pizza dough I got from Netrition.

Ladies, we need to keep on trucking! Lisa, thank you so much for your words of wisdom. You are truly a success story and we are all so proud of you. Thanks for being such a great inspiration to us all.

Now that it is a balmy 30 degrees out -- LOL -- I am going to go for a walk, shower and then go get my hair colored. Hope everyone has a great day. xo
Old 02-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #1161
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
your food sounds really yummy, glad you are back in your "groove" You can do this !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #1162
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Laura! I just got back from the store with the makings for our low carb pizzas. Tony is going to have his with marinara sauce, sausage, pepperoni, garlic, mozzarella with a splash of ricotta cheese. I am trying replicate the BBQ chicken pizza from California Pizza Kitchen -- only low carb style.

I mixed in some brown sugar Splenda into low carb BBQ sauce and grilled chicken that had been marinating in that. I will eventually carmelize some red onion which will go on the pizza along with smoked gouda cheese. When the pizza is cooked and cooled down a bit, will just sprinkle it with Cilantro.

Here is the recipe for authentic marinara sauce from the NY Times.
1 28 ounce can of whole tomatoes (preferably San Marzano)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
7 garlic cloves, chopped
Pinch of crush red pepper flakes
Fresh basil and 1/4 TSP of dried oregano

Pour tomatoes in a bowl and crush with your hands. Pour 1 cup of water into can and slosh it around to get tomato juices. Reserve.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add garlic. As soon as the garlic sizzles add the tomatoes. Add red pepper flakes. Salt to taste. Stir.
Add 2 large fresh basil sprigs and oregano
Simmer sauce until thickened and oil on the surface is a deep orange, about 15 minutes.
(You can add more salt or oregano if needed -- up to you)
Eventually discard basil
Makes 3 and a half cups of sauce

Last edited by GailyGail; 02-01-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Old 02-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #1163
Blabbermouth!!!

Sauce sounds great!
Old 02-02-2014, 05:45 AM   #1164
Major LCF Poster!

Yum! BBQ Chicken Pizza! So good! How many carbs for the crust you are using? I was just on P*******T yesterday and made a new board for Low Carb Sauces. I made my own low carb mushroom alfredo sauce last night for shrimp. It was so easy. Although it is convenient to open a jar, it takes a while to read the labels to choose the lowest carb option as I can never remember which brand is better . I don't think I will need to buy the jarred kind anymore.

It was basically:

8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
1/2 cup almond milk
3/4 cup grated parmesan
sprinkle of salt, pepper, italian seasonings

throw it all together in a sauce pan over low heat and stir

I added some saueted onion and mushrooms.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:57 AM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, I bought the low carb pizza crusts from Netrition -- they are called Carlo Carbiano crusts -- and they only have 13 carbs. They make personal size pizzas for one person but I could not finish mine because I filled with chicken!

The total amount of carbs for the entire pizza would be about 21 carbs:
*Chicken breast (zero carbs)
*Guy's sugar free BBQ sauce that I doctored up with Brown Splenda (five carbs)
*Smoked gouda (zero carbs)
*Carmelized red onion (three carbs)
*Crust (13 carbs)

I could not finish the entire thing so I didn't gobble all 21 carbs but boy was it good. The crust tastes fine as long as you have delicious toppings. The crust itself is very thin and not super flavorful but it does the job effectively. Just don't expect a thick, chewy bread-like crust. I highly recommend buying this on Netrition along with the Guy's BBQ sauce, which is terrific and super low in carbs.

It was already 31 degrees here this morning -- yay! I think we will go for a nice long walk today -- I could really use the fresh air. It feels so good to be back on plan -- I physically feel so much better when I eat properly.

I'll be back later with more recipes. Have a great Sunday all! xo

Last edited by GailyGail; 02-02-2014 at 05:58 AM..
Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #1166
Major LCF Poster!

We are staying put here for the Super Bowl -- we both have to be up too early tomorrow. I will share our recipe for ground pork enchiladas made with low carb tortillas.

Brown ground pork and add salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder.
Sautee onions and peppers. Add that to the ground pork.
Add a can diced tomatoes to the ground pork and simmer. You can also add jalapeno peppers to this if you desire.
Put mixture in the tortilla and add shredded cheddar. Grill the tortilla for a bit in a sauté pan until the cheese melts.
Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream

Have a great Sunday Funday all!
Old 02-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #1167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/251.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Hi Gail and friends! Gail - glad to see you back at it! I am focusing on my alcohol intake and watching it with carbs and calories. I have not been a good enough mind set to fast 2 days a week.. I'll go back to it eventually.. Gotta get my butt in gear and get moving at the pool or gym.. Tomorrow is Monday - will try then!!

Glad you are back and feeling motivated! It is SO hard to get re-inspired!

BTW, your recipes all sound yummy!!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:51 PM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

Judy!!! So happy to see you, doll! We missed you. Climb back on the saddle along with us darling! We can do this. By the way ladies, you have to try the LC Foods yellow cake mix that you can buy on Netrition. It is seriously good and low carb -- it makes a very moist yellow cake that does not even need frosting for just 10 carbs per serving.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 AM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

Yeesh what a boring Super Bowl last night -- that almost put me to sleep! We are expecting more snow here in Boston today. Tonight will be a simple dinner of grilled chicken and salad. Hope everyone has a great start to the week. xo
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 AM   #1170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattmich6
Stats: 222/211/150
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hello Gail. You are doing great! I have been peeking in of some weight loss journals. Hoping to start my own soon. Im still trying to upload my picture but it keeps failing:-(

Melissa
mattmich6 is offline   Reply With Quote