Old 11-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/20-22/12
WOE: LC
Start Date: One day at a time
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Thanks Susan -- it helps to know others do this too! God those were the days -- when you could wear anything and still look good. It never occurred to me to wear anything with an elastic waist back then -- LOL!

Trish, your comment cracked me up! I don't think YOU, a perfect hourglass, have any back fat. I have plenty of it -- unfortunately! It is my bête noire. Even when I am thin I still have a little of it. Argggh!
Oh, how I wish I could say I lack back fat. One of these days I will invest in a Spanx body suit.
trishthedish is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
I need to buy a Spandex body suit! I am right there with you sister! I am stressing about what to wear for our holiday party which is not until December 20. I am such a Virgo -- worrying needlessly and endlessly about stupid stuff. Anyhoo, I hope I will have lost enough weight to wear this dress that I really like. It is a size 10 St John black knit dress that is simple yet flattering. It has enough stretch and give that it may fit across my problem area (my chest -- back fat + large breasts = not a good combination). I have lost enough weight in my stomach area that it should fit fine as long as I wear proper shapewear. I first bought this dress back in 2008 when my weight started to climb from a stable size 4/6 to a 10/12. Back in those days, it was not problem to lose 30 pounds quickly in 3 months on low carb (unfortunately, I would go back to my evil ways after the weight loss and eat carbs and gain it all back).

Anyway, I plan to live the rest of my life on low carb after those unfortunate transgressions. I hope I can make this last!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #843
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
I have faith in you Gail. You will make it last this time, and you will look STUNNING in that dress!

My son is also a Virgo. Wonderful in that we share a lot of the same qualities, but different enough not to step on each others toes.
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #844
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
You will do it Gail! Keep that little black dress hanging where you can see it everyday as your incentive! You are already on the right path and you are already stunning! You can do it!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Awww, you guys are the best! Love both of you! Missy Dee, I love that your son is a Virgo. Virgos and Scorpios get along really well for that exact reason you just mentioned. In some ways they are alike but in others very different yet there is a great mutual respect and affinity.

Susan, thanks for your support and advice. I have the dress hanging right where I can see it every day in my closet. Tony and I were fixing dinner for tonight -- grilled chicken, green salad and a small amount of roasted turnip to stay within our carb count. I so wanted something junky like fries or chips but did not give in. Ladies, every time we don't give in, it is money in the bank. Even if the scale does not register immediate rewards, every day we stay on plan will bring us closer to where we want to be.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

You are so right about not giving in Gail! Last night I wanted to snack! Anything would have been great to pop in my mouth, but I chose a hard boiled egg and then got ready for bed! Woke up to 1 less pound!

How is your scale treating you? Hope it's positive !
Old 11-16-2013, 05:00 AM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Susan, that is awesome! I love it. Good things happen when we stay on plan and have lots and lots of patience and persistence.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #848
Major LCF Poster!

I am trying to get motivated to exercise this morning -- need to go for a walk or get on the elliptical machine. Think I am going to make a new dish for today -- chicken, shrimp and scallops in a pesto cream sauce that I will serve with fresh broccoli and a green salad. But first I need to exercise, shower and get my nails done!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #849
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Love the new avi Susan ! So cute

You are doing great ! Hope you have a wonderful weekend !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #850
Blabbermouth!!!

Gail, your food always sounds so yummy ! WTG on the exercise....dedication ..... how is your weather this weekend ?

Hope you have a very relaxing weekend Enjoy !
Old 11-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #851
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Laura!!! So good to see you hon! I hope you are in beautiful Houston right now, finding the most spectacular wedding dress for your son's fiancé!

It got really nice here weather wise. Right now, it is 57 degrees and sunny. I went for a walk along the coast earlier and it was just a perfect fall day -- warm sun, crackling leaves, ocean mist, the scent of burning fires, cinnamon and apple cider in the air. Afterwards, I took a shower, got my nails done, went grocery shopping and visited the fish market. I just made the chicken, shrimp and scallops in pesto cream sauce and it was delicious. Here is the recipe.

Cut up boneless/skinless chicken breast and sauté it in butter over medium/high heat with chopped shallots. After it is cooked through, move to a plate and set aside. In a sauce pan, heat up 1/2 cup of butter until it melts. Add 2 cups of heavy cream and add salt and pepper to the cream. Keep stirring constantly for 6 minutes. Add one cup of romano cheese and 1/3 cup of pesto. Cook for 3-5 minutes. In the meantime, sauté scallops in butter. Take jumbo cooked shrimp and remove the tails. Add to the pan with the scallops. When the pesto cream sauce is done, add to the sauté pan with chicken, scallops and shrimp. (I also added a ton of fresh basil to the cream sauce -- that is optional but to me, it makes all the difference). xo xo xo --Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #852
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/185/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
I don't care for seafood (which is such a shame living so close to the Gulf of Mexico) but that sounds delicious with just chicken, too!

I'm so glad you had a nice day. I wanted to get my nails done but it just wasn't in the cards. Maybe tomorrow I will have an hour to get them done. Or maybe Monday. My nails are my motivator - I don't let myself indulge if I'm not staying on plan!
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #853
Major LCF Poster!

Julia, it is great that you use nails as a motivator. That is smart. Yes, the dish is great with just chicken and very low carb. I woke up this morning and was still in deep ketosis so I was thrilled with that.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #854
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby'snana View Post
Love the new avi Susan ! So cute

You are doing great ! Hope you have a wonderful weekend !
Thanks girlie!
Old 11-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Gail, that recipe sounds amazing! I have never thought of putting chicken and seafood together. Yummy!

And your walk along the coast...to die for! You are so descriptive in your writing. I can actually see it in my mind's eye .

Hope your Sunday is just as lovely!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #856
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Just checking in on you Good job on resisting temptations. I found after I got through the first few weeks without bingeing, the rest has been cake. A lot easier than in the past. Before, I would start lc, then have a little bite here, and a little bite there, and next thing, it was a cheat day, etc.

Your creamy pesto sounds divine I have some pesto, and I have cream lol.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Awww thanks Susan. We have to enjoy the nice weather while we can. It is still mild today -- Tony and I just got back from our coastal walk. We are going to get some nasty weather (rain and wind) on the east coast tomorrow -- you can feel it in the air.

Lisa, thanks for checking up on me. I am about to go to the market and get stuff to make our main meal which will be chicken parmesan casserole -- all low carb of course! To make it, you spray a large pan with cooking spray. Chop up boneless/skinless chicken breast and layer it on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle fresh chopped garlic over the chicken along with salt and pepper. Spoon a layer of sugar-free marinara sauce on top of that. Then layer fresh basil on top of that. Layer shredded mozzarella and finally fresh grated romano cheese on the very top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Have a great Sunday Funday everyone!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Yummm Susan. I have a HUGE package of chicken breasts thawing out in fridge right now. I plan to make several dishes with them for our work week. thanks for all the great ideas you put out there with your wonderful menus !

I still have another big package in freezer, so many recipes, so little time ...

Have a great Sunday !
Old 11-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #859
Major LCF Poster!

I swear, I'm going to make a list of yummy meals to try just from Gail's journal! I don't usually enjoy chicken breasts but now you've mentioned at least three meals that I'm dying to make using them!

I didn't get my nails done today, but it looks likes I will have time tomorrow! Thank goodness - I'm looking a little rough!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #860
Major LCF Poster!

Guys, this chicken parm recipe is okay not great. Next time I will marinate the chicken breasts in sugar-free Italian dressing and then grill them lightly (not all the way) and then coat them with the marinara, basil and cheeses and throw them end the broiler.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

I left work early today because I did not feel well and had to meet a plumber at the house -- clogged drain to deal with and Draino wasn't working. Anyway, I have not been eating much and feel exhausted as a result. Plus I had terrible insomnia last night -- just could not sleep.

I did not feel like cooking so I ordered low carb takeout: green salad, ribs, chicken souvlaki, gyro meet. I ate a lot of chicken and salad but felt better.

I remember what I used to eat as I started gaining weight around 2008-2009, my nadir. I was living in Miami and my job was just really really hard in a myriad of ways, my mother was dying and Tony and I were fighting (and we never fight) as we were in a new city and my patience was short. I used to reward myself by getting big takeout meals at the Cheesecake Factory which was within short walking distance of where we lived in Coconut Grove in Miami. I used to not eat all day and then order a lot of food: chips and salsa, side salad (to look healthy --LOL), burger & fries, giant burrito and chicken lettuce wraps. If I felt brave, I would order one piece of cheesecake. Tony and I split this and yes, we always had leftovers. But still. I ate way more than I do now.

Every time I feel like cheating I remind myself of those days, of those stupid things I did.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Gail, I hope you feel better and the plumber fixes the drain.

I think eating once a day is what makes a lot of us gain weight. That's how I gained mine anyways. Supper would be my only meal because everyone was eating together. Three years of that added up an additional 75+ lbs.
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #863
Blabbermouth!!!

sorry you didn't feel well. Can you eat something light for lunch like greek yogurt ?
Hope they get the drain fixed....

Feel better !
Old 11-19-2013, 02:56 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

hope you are feeling better! Sometimes you just gotta crawl in bed and rest yourself up so you can conquer the world!
You need to take care of you Gail! You got this girl!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:32 AM   #865
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh Gail, I have not checked in that back fat had me rolling!!! I hate mine it is worse on the sides of my boobs, if I ever got my girls lifted the doc was going to hack it, but now I just let it all hang, ditto the full spanx suit!!!! LOL

When I think of how I used to eat it is amazing, take out all the time, like if I wanted Chinese I ate it, if I wanted Italian I got it! Ughghg now I avoid restaurants at all costs we seldom go out just because it is so fattening and then I cant control myself!

I am trying to be more strict this week!!! Hoping to move something, anything!!!!

Have a good week sweetie!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #866
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you are feeling better today!
Old 11-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #867
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: 269.5/251.5/150
WOE: LC/Mod Protein/HF
Start Date: This time: 8/11/14
Waving hi to Gail

I just realized you have a journal.. marking my spot to keep up with you! You have been so supportive and encouraging to me! I appreciate it.

Looking forward to going with you on your journey - back fat and all!

Judy

P.S. Feel better!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #868
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope you feel better ! If not, stay home and rest........ (hugs)
Old 11-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #869
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for checking in on me ladies -- I really appreciate it more than you will ever know. I do feel much better today -- I went to bed really early last night and slept for 10 hours. I am at work this morning and feel 1000 times better.

I did make a mistake last night that I am kicking myself for though. I told you we got Greek food for dinner --which I love and can usually stay on low carb by eating grilled chicken and greek salads. Well, I gobbled up half a slice of pita bread -- and it was really good let me tell you -- very soft and satisfying. I was still in light pink ketosis today according to my keto sticks but I am surprised that it did not knock me out of ketosis. Normally, I don't cheat like this because I know my body can't handle it and still lose weight.

I just need to get back on the low carb "horse" again and keep moving ahead. In the past, I would let something like this sabotage my entire effort and just say "oh forget this. I am never going to lose all this weight so please pass the tortilla chips and let me dig in and drown my sorrows." Well, not this time. A piece of pita bread is NOT going to derail my efforts to lose weight and get healthy again.

Thanks for letting me vent...
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #870
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Good for you Gail I am glad that today you are feeling better! And, that the pita bread was just a moment, not a lifestyle changer, for you. You probably are still in ketosis because you eat VERY Low carb, I think under 50 carbs a day and you can still be in ketosis.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote