Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 04:56 AM   #661
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/148/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
You'll be in control this weekend! You know what to do, but if temptation comes your way you'll correct it! Enjoy yourself!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2013, 04:18 AM   #662
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Thanks Susan! We had a nice dinner last night. We were both too tired to cook so after work, I went next door to this nice seafood restaurant called Legal's Harborside. For those of you on the east coast, you may have been to a Legal Seafoods restaurant before - they are very popular up here.

Anyway, they have great fried seafood, lobster rolls, fancy thin crust pizza, yummy chowder, all of which I ignored. I got us grilled salmon, green salad and brussel sprouts. I was surprised that they did not have more vegetables available as sides. Their sides were like french fries, onion rings, cole slaw, mashed potatoes, rice, japanese eggplant, asian noodles, etc. We could have had the cole slaw but I was not in the mood. Sometimes navigating restaurant menus is a pain.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #663
Major LCF Poster!

I just got home from a terrible client meeting. Just awful. Normally something like this does not happen that often but when it did in the past, it would make me want to eat. A lot. But I actually surprised myself. I did not eat breakfast or lunch and got home around 4:00 (I was able to work from home for the later part of the day). For dinner, I made chicken baked in low carb BBQ sauce, steamed broccoli and green salad with home made blue cheese dressing. We are eating now. I am really glad that I have not cheated yet and hope to continue on this trajectory. It's hard.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #664
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JMacB
Stats: 275/195/160
WOE: Modified Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: Feb 2012
I'm so sorry you had a bad meeting, but I am really proud of you for not reacting with food! Good for you! Your dinner sounds delicious and you won't regret it in the morning.
JMacB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #665
Major LCF Poster!

WTG Gail ! It's hard to stay on plan after a bad day, but YOU DID IT !!!
Thankfully it's Friday! Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #666
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Susan! I hope you have a good weekend too! I have a bunch of things to finish up at work today -- so grateful for a long weekend! I am going to bring healthy food to my friends house in Kittery, Maine (cheese, raw veggies, nuts). Kittery is along the ocean in southern Maine and it is really lovely so I cannot wait to go!
Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #667
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
Gail, I am headed to the store right now to pick up some almonds. I am doing the sweet and spicy nuts for the football game tonight Definitely NO sugar free candy!! Enjoy your weekend. oh, and congrats on bypassing a tough day. You made good choices, and that is what this is all about. Small steps~good choices~follow through.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #668
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lisa! I hope you had a great time at the game. It was a gorgeous day here yesterday -- a mild, sunny perfect fall day. For dinner, Tony and I grilled burgers outside and had that with a nice green salad. It felt good to stay on plan.

This morning is nice too -- I just had coffee on the terrace watching the sun poke through the clouds. Right now, I am packing for my short trip to Maine while watching "The Real Housewives of Miami." I know I should not watch those shows but I do. The Housewives and vodka cocktails = two of my worst vices.

I had to order some new pajamas for my girls weekend away and they came yesterday from Lane Bryant. I ordered the size 14-16 and the bottom was super baggy. Hooray! The top fit okay (a little loose) but I was swimming in the bottoms. If I stay on plan (which I hope and pray that I will), I most likely will not get to size 12 until December. So I just have to be patient and continue to stay on plan.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #669
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
Gail, I am headed to the store right now to pick up some almonds. I am doing the sweet and spicy nuts for the football game tonight Definitely NO sugar free candy!! Enjoy your weekend. oh, and congrats on bypassing a tough day. You made good choices, and that is what this is all about. Small steps~good choices~follow through.
I like your "Small steps - good choices - follow through" ! We can all apply this to so many aspects of our lives!
Old 10-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #670
Major LCF Poster!

YAY! on the pj's ! I love when an article of clothing feels too large!

And......very jealous of your weather! But happy for you to be able to enjoy it!
Have fun with your girls!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #671
Major LCF Poster!

Your weather will be better than ours very soon! Your fall will come later and you will have a milder winter -- plus you get fabulous springtimes! So pretty soon, we will envy your weather!
Old 10-12-2013, 06:56 AM   #672
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mjgh06
Stats: F42/5'8 - 207/162/130
WOE: Atkins Induction/Juddd Modified
Start Date: 10/5/13
Congrats on the PJs Gail! I am still "weighting" to notice a clothing difference. It will come, but I am impatient...lol. You are doing really well. KUTGW.

Don't fret over watching The Housewives, we all have our TV vices. Mine is The Walking Dead even though I hate, absolutely hate horror shows. My husband starting watching it, and I watched it with him once and got hooked. Luckily it comes on when it's my daughters bedtime, so I end up missing it most nights.
mjgh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #673
Major LCF Poster!

I love the walking dead It's not AS scary because there are no "pop-ups". I am getting ready to head into work. I really don't want to go, I want to snuggle into my bed and sleep the day away, but alas, the bills need paying Enjoy the rest of your weekend! And, after a binge, it ALWAYS feels good eating back on plan.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #674
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
Gail, congrats on the NSV with the pajamas! I hope you are enjoying your ladies getaway. It is so important to refuel emotionally with the women in our lives. You especially deserve it after dealing with the rough client this week.
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #675
Major LCF Poster!

MJGH06, thanks for stopping by. Is that you in your avatar? You are gorgeous! Lisa, I really want to see "The Walking Dead" -- I hear it is great! Trish, thanks so much for your support and kindness -- love you to pieces.

I got back a few hours ago -- at around 3:45 -- just before the Patriots/Saints game is about to start. I had a great time with my girlfriends and did not want not want to leave! My friend has a second home in this lovely part of Southern Maine called Kittery. Me and another friend of ours drove up to her place -- all three of us are old college friends who are still really close. We went into nearby Portsmouth, NH (a gorgeous waterfront city in southern NH) and shopped at different art galleries and cute stores. Then we went back to Kittery where they have the BEST outlet stores like J. Crew, Ralph Lauren, Crate & Barrel, Coach, Cole Haan, Saks, etc. I did a bunch of Christmas shopping and got a few things for Tony.

It was so hard not to cheat on the diet. My friend, Heather, brought up homemade apple strudel which I had to refuse even though it looked and smelled heavenly. We visted a bakery called "When Pigs Fly" which smelled delicious and the breads just looked great. Still, I had a great time.

Now I am at home. Making a nice dinner trying to console Tony as I think the Pats will lose. Oh well, there are worse things you know?
Old 10-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #676
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: trishthedish
Stats: 26/18/14
WOE: LC
Start Date: February 28, 2012
You didn't have to console Tony after all! DH went from cursing Brady to hooting and hollering in a span of 5 seconds.

Your time with your girls sounded perfect. WTG on staying on plan! I have yet to accomplish that feat on my girl visits!
trishthedish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #677
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! I know! Well, here is the thing Trish: I stayed on plan when I was with my girlfriends but when I got home, I was dying for a cheat. So we did a small cheat of grilled cheese sandwiches, homemade tomato basil soup and chips. I know -- I should really just shoot myself in the mouth about now. I kept it to a contained cheat: one sandwich, one bowl of soup, one cup of chips. But of course, this will kick me out of ketosis and I won't get back into ketosis until Wednesday. Grrrr....

Of course, right now I feel gross and have heartburn. It serves me right. It really does. But I was truly yearing for carbs for the past day and a half when I was out of my controlled environment. In my controlled circle (home and work/office), I know how to navigate the low carb life and I do just fine. When I go out of it, I get really tempted and it is hard. Consequently, I don't eat that much and then I get ravenous and tempted.

I did go for a long walk today and I will exercise a bunch tomorrow (elliptical and walking or spinning class) plus back on the low carb wagon. I really don't want to screw up AGAIN and let myself down.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #678
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/bouncing again/127 5'2"
WOE: moderation
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011~ Moderation 3/15/14
So glad you got away with your friends and had a great trip !!
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #679
Major LCF Poster!

Drink some extra water and let the cheat go. Nothing you can really do about it now. It sounds like you and your friends had an amazing outing!! I am so jealous I haven't done anything for Christmas except tag a few things on amazon for the future lol.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:41 AM   #680
Major LCF Poster!

LOL -- Lisa! I am a Virgo and one of the most annoying things about Virgos is our need to plan, plan, plan ahead of time. As a result, I tend to get my Christmas shopping done early because I start worrying about it in September. Yes, I am a freak like that.

Actually the outlets had such great prices that I ended up getting a birthday gift for Tony's sister too. I could not believe the prices at J.Crew and Ralph Lauren in particular -- like 50-60 percent off on really great things like cashmere sweaters, nice cotton button down shirts, jeans, etc. So I could not help myself -- hee hee!

Today I get back on the low carb wagon though. Good Lord -- no wonder why I mostly stay in my work/home low carb comfort zone. I felt like carbs were everyone this weekend but of course I am exaggerating. I think I am mad at myself for not having enough resolve yesterday. But I need to put that in the past and know that today is a new day and a new week. We have today off for Columbus Day and it is sunny and a little chilly here (about 60 degrees). I need to get on the eliptical for about an hour and then shower and do a long walk along the coast. I also want to plan a nice low carb dinner.

I am thinking of making a maple bacon quiche or chicken cordon bleu or a low carb beef bourginon -- something Tony might really like. Hope everyone has a great day! xo xo xo
Old 10-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #681
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and I forgot -- TOM came on Sunday morning and I did not feel so hot. I had a really bad back ache and cramps. I think TOM had something to do with the cheat but I really should not use that as an excuse. But of course, I just did -- LOL!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #682
Major LCF Poster!

Your girls weekend sounds heavenly! Outlet shopping is the best! Don't fret your cheats - we all have those now and then! Have a great day today with the shining sun on your face beautiful lady!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Oh your trip sounded Wonderful! I am so glad you had a Great time. Don't worry about the cheat. It sounded really delish. You've done so well, and you will be back on plan.

I am also one who tends to have all Xmas shopping done early, usually by now. But this year for some reason I have fallen way behind. Seems like you found some really good deals.

Have a Beautiful day!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #684
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Mjgh! I hope you had a great weekend and a super day too! Good to see you! I just made a very healthy meal to get us back on track again. Tony got home from work at around 2:00 PM so we usually skip breakfast and lunch and have one big meal on the weekends (and on the Monday holidays that I get off from work). I grilled chicken and made homemade BBQ sauce and we had that we delicata squash (with Brown splenda, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter -- so good), steamed broccoli and cauliflower in a Boursin cheese sauce and roasted cherry tomatoes. We are eating soon and everything smells good -- like a nice Fall feast.

I find it is easier to get back on the Low Carb train when you cook a nice meal.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #685
Major LCF Poster!

Good news guys -- I just tested and I am back in Ketosis! I did not think it would happen so quickly after Sunday's cheat but it did. Hooray! This is such a relief. I am very happy to get back on the low carb train.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #686
Major LCF Poster!

Good for you! Probably because you didn't let the cheat spiral. You caught it right away, acknowledged it, then went right back to plan.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #687
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lisa. I have not had anything to eat today and it is almost 4:15 PM -- just had coffee and water. I will wait to eat when we have dinner -- we are having turkey burgers and salad. I know it sounds a little extreme but this intermittant fasting seems to work for me. It lets me give my body a break and process everything. I think this quiet time seems to help get me into ketosis but I am usually relieved when I finally eat.

Tony is having his cardiac MRI tomorrow so I think I am a little nervous about that. A former colleage from my old job died from an aortic dissection (which is what Tony had in February). His aortic dissection led to cardiac arrest and he was still fairly young -- only in his 40s. I realize how lucky we are that Tony is still alive.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #688
Senior LCF Member

Good for you Gail! You turned it around quick, got back on track and in ketosis! WTG! I also do IFing with the Atkins, it works for me. I am starting to get a little of an appetite now, at least not having to force myself to eat.

I am so sorry to hear about Tony. My prayers will be with the both of you. Are they just doing a re-check from February or has something happened?
~Thinking of you~

Melissa.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #689
Major LCF Poster!

Melissa, you are such a love! Thank you for coming by. I am really happy to see you.

Tony had an aortic disection in February and was in intensive care for over two weeks. When the hospital sent him home, he had to follow bed rest for at least 2-3 months until they could determine if he needed open heart surgery. He had that operation that the end of May and then recuperated for a few months. The doctor finally let him go back to work in September. The test on Wednesday is to check and how his new aorta (a plastic one) is doing and to make sure that his heart is okay.

We won't get the results from the cardiac MRI for a while. But Tony looks good and he eats very healthy/low carb with me -- so not only is he losing weight on this wonderful way of eating, but we are also ensuring that his health gets back on the right track.

Thanks so much for asking. You are such a lovely person. xo xo xo
Old 10-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #690
Major LCF Poster!

I hope your hubby comes out clean as a whistle