Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
HUGS raini!

Thanks, Lisa . . .
ya welcome
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I got my PM replies from both of my sweet friends here. Thank you so much!

A fairly uneventful day. Didn't get around to "breakfast" until about 11:30, and that was just a few ounces of Barley Max. Maybe an hour later I had some "Food is Supposed to Taste Good" crackers with some yogurt and spinach dip, and of course a handful of macadamia nuts. I had carrot juice mixed with juice from a bunch of different greens for lunch. I think dinner will be a salad and maybe a Kashi dinner, a WW dinner or an Atkins dinner. I bought quite a few of all of the above to make dinners not so much work. I put a LOT of effort into the big yummy salads I make, so that's enough for me.

Today I broke the news to dd, and last night told ds#3. #1 and #2 sons are more difficult to reach, and I'm concerned about #2 son not doing well with the news at all so I probably will not say anything until we have some more answers.

I love making journals, so I'd like to make one just for journaling my journey through this. I don't know if this will be a long journey or a short journey, so I may just make two pages at a time and then sew the signatures (sections) together. A dear friend reminded me that "Jesus has got this" and that reminded me that God was not taken by surprise by all this, even though I certainly was.

Time to make the salads! Thanks for your prayers!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Raini..

Your lurker friend...who posts sometimes.
In reading this know the doctor found something.
So sorry you have to go through this.

I don't know what's wrong with you but I
want to send you..Good Thoughts and
for a good outcome in whatever has to be done.
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
I got my PM replies from both of my sweet friends here. Thank you so much!

A fairly uneventful day. Didn't get around to "breakfast" until about 11:30, and that was just a few ounces of Barley Max. Maybe an hour later I had some "Food is Supposed to Taste Good" crackers with some yogurt and spinach dip, and of course a handful of macadamia nuts. I had carrot juice mixed with juice from a bunch of different greens for lunch. I think dinner will be a salad and maybe a Kashi dinner, a WW dinner or an Atkins dinner. I bought quite a few of all of the above to make dinners not so much work. I put a LOT of effort into the big yummy salads I make, so that's enough for me.

Today I broke the news to dd, and last night told ds#3. #1 and #2 sons are more difficult to reach, and I'm concerned about #2 son not doing well with the news at all so I probably will not say anything until we have some more answers.

I love making journals, so I'd like to make one just for journaling my journey through this. I don't know if this will be a long journey or a short journey, so I may just make two pages at a time and then sew the signatures (sections) together. A dear friend reminded me that "Jesus has got this" and that reminded me that God was not taken by surprise by all this, even though I certainly was.

Time to make the salads! Thanks for your prayers!
Yep... for sure.. "Jesus Take The Wheel"
Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #185

Raini...

Old 02-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaRose View Post
Your lurker friend...who posts sometimes.
In reading this know the doctor found something.
So sorry you have to go through this.

I don't know what's wrong with you but I
want to send you..Good Thoughts and
for a good outcome in whatever has to be done.
Thank you so much!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Raini...

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually, thinking about this... I'd have to replace "This is my declaration" with "This is HIS promise!" But it is beautiful, it is true, and I'm putting it in my new journal. Thank you!
Old 02-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ummmm... see that unfinished quilt in my avatar? Please pray that I can find someone to help me get it finished, along with my other quilt. I don't know what this new journey will bring, but I don't want to leave a bunch of unfinished projects for my poor dh to deal with. And I know he wants me to get them finished.

And BTW, he is being the sweetest guy in the world! I am so thankful for him.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fun and inspirational link- Thanks for sharing!!!

Trying to do a "kidney healing diet" which looks impossible to stick with from a normal view, but I believe that God has been working on me since last summer and I am not terribly intimidated. Most of the things I need to eliminate from my diet are either things I don't consume anyway, or that I've been cutting way back on for some time now. The only discouraging part is that it doesn't seem to make me lose weight!

A little stressed- anxious to have the sonogram and see where we go from here. Doc said he wanted me to have it right away; but when I didn't hear from anyone to schedule it, I called the office to find out why it wasn't scheduled yet. The lady said she thought it was "routine" (since when is ANY kidney sonogram routine???) so I wouldn't have heard from anyone for a week to ten days. But that's not what my doc said- he said ASAP, so now I'm waiting to hear back. Deeps breaths... deep breaths...
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #191

Quote:
Fun and inspirational link- Thanks for sharing!!!

Trying to do a "kidney healing diet" which looks impossible to stick with from a normal view, but I believe that God has been working on me since last summer and I am not terribly intimidated. Most of the things I need to eliminate from my diet are either things I don't consume anyway, or that I've been cutting way back on for some time now. The only discouraging part is that it doesn't seem to make me lose weight!

A little stressed- anxious to have the sonogram and see where we go from here. Doc said he wanted me to have it right away; but when I didn't hear from anyone to schedule it, I called the office to find out why it wasn't scheduled yet. The lady said she thought it was "routine" (since when is ANY kidney sonogram routine???) so I wouldn't have heard from anyone for a week to ten days. But that's not what my doc said- he said ASAP, so now I'm waiting to hear back. Deeps breaths... deep breaths...
Hang in there girly..
Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #192

WOW~ READ THIS!!
DANGER TO YOUR FAMILY!!
From the Department of Life Education:

Baby Carrots:
The following is information from a farmer who grows and packages carrots for IGA, METRO, LOBLAWS, etc.

The small cocktail (baby) carrots you buy in small plastic bags are made using the larger crooked or deformed carrots which are put through a machine which cuts and shapes them into cocktail carrots - most people probably know this already.

What you may not know and should know is the following:
Once the carrots are cut and shaped into cocktail carrots they are dipped in a solution of water and chlorine in order to preserve them (this is the same chlorine used in your pool).

Since they do not have their skin or natural protective covering, they give them a higher dose of chlorine.

You will notice that once you keep these carrots in your refrigerator for a few days, a white covering will form on the carrots. This is the chlorine which resurfaces. At what cost do we put our health at risk to have esthetically pleasing vegetables?

Chlorine is a very well-known carcinogen, which causes Cancer. I thought this was worth passing on. Pass it on to as many people as possible in hopes of informing them where these carrots come from and how they are processed.

I used to buy those baby carrots for vegetable dips. I know that I will never buy them again!!!!
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
WOW~ READ THIS!!
DANGER TO YOUR FAMILY!!
From the Department of Life Education:

Baby Carrots:
The following is information from a farmer who grows and packages carrots for IGA, METRO, LOBLAWS, etc.

The small cocktail (baby) carrots you buy in small plastic bags are made using the larger crooked or deformed carrots which are put through a machine which cuts and shapes them into cocktail carrots - most people probably know this already.

What you may not know and should know is the following:
Once the carrots are cut and shaped into cocktail carrots they are dipped in a solution of water and chlorine in order to preserve them (this is the same chlorine used in your pool).

Since they do not have their skin or natural protective covering, they give them a higher dose of chlorine.

You will notice that once you keep these carrots in your refrigerator for a few days, a white covering will form on the carrots. This is the chlorine which resurfaces. At what cost do we put our health at risk to have esthetically pleasing vegetables?

Chlorine is a very well-known carcinogen, which causes Cancer. I thought this was worth passing on. Pass it on to as many people as possible in hopes of informing them where these carrots come from and how they are processed.

I used to buy those baby carrots for vegetable dips. I know that I will never buy them again!!!!
Wow! I didn't see this post earlier! Funny thing, but I've never been a fan of the baby carrots until very recently. When I started juicing, I saw a guy on youtube using the baby carrots and I thought, "Nice! You don't have to spend time peeling them!" So I've been using the baby carrots for the past couple of weeks. No more! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good job on the weigh-in, D! Every pound in the right direction gets us closer to where we want to be!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Thanks for sharing this!

Oh Good GRIEF!

Yeah, what she said . . .

I'm a couple days late with my weigh in, but lost 1.1 pounds this week . . . .
well, as you know.. I found it..
Old 02-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #196

Quote:
Wow! I didn't see this post earlier! Funny thing, but I've never been a fan of the baby carrots until very recently. When I started juicing, I saw a guy on youtube using the baby carrots and I thought, "Nice! You don't have to spend time peeling them!" So I've been using the baby carrots for the past couple of weeks. No more! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!
yeah.. sad thing is.. when Korbey was a little boy.. he used to carry around these in their bag and eat them like candy..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I weighed in this morning and lost the pound I "found" last week plus some more. I have a total of 12 pounds lost since February 6.

Dh has been so sweet and helpful. He now helps me with my juicing and the clean-up. He loves the salads I've been making and is eating a lot less meat than he ever did before. Last summer when I began making smoothies and juices, he asked if I was going to stop eating meat. He was so worried that I would try to make HIM stop eating meat! Funniest thing is that we've never made a conscious effort to stop- we just don't care about it very much any more. Once we've used what we have in the freezer, dh wants to find grass-fed beef from a source that we can really trust.

We have a short trip to Oregon planned pretty soon. Dh suggested I take my juicer and a big ice chest of my veggies so we can make juices in our hotel room. I'd already planned to do that, but I'm so thankful that he is being supportive.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #198

Glad to hear he is behind you girly.. .. It SO helps!!!.. woot woot on the loss!!

Quote:
I weighed in this morning and lost the pound I "found" last week plus some more. I have a total of 12 pounds lost since February 6.

Dh has been so sweet and helpful. He now helps me with my juicing and the clean-up. He loves the salads I've been making and is eating a lot less meat than he ever did before. Last summer when I began making smoothies and juices, he asked if I was going to stop eating meat. He was so worried that I would try to make HIM stop eating meat! Funniest thing is that we've never made a conscious effort to stop- we just don't care about it very much any more. Once we've used what we have in the freezer, dh wants to find grass-fed beef from a source that we can really trust.

We have a short trip to Oregon planned pretty soon. Dh suggested I take my juicer and a big ice chest of my veggies so we can make juices in our hotel room. I'd already planned to do that, but I'm so thankful that he is being supportive.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #199

scale says I'm down 7 from Sunday.. not counting till this Sunday.. and Im not getting excited..lol.. it always changes.. so.,,, I can just wait and continue to eat on track..

think I'll go home and dance around my room... I just hope I remember that I wanna do that and not just watch netflix.. I've been watching Army Wives.. loves it

hope everyone is doing well..
Old 03-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
scale says I'm down 7 from Sunday.. not counting till this Sunday.. and Im not getting excited..lol.. it always changes.. so.,,, I can just wait and continue to eat on track..

think I'll go home and dance around my room... I just hope I remember that I wanna do that and not just watch netflix.. I've been watching Army Wives.. loves it

hope everyone is doing well..
YEE HAW!!! I'll get excited for you! Yay!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just learned that I shouldn't be eating a lot of kale, spinach or chard... not so good for peeps with kidney issues. RATS! We did our shopping yesterday and I bought TONS of the stuff... and organic, too! $$$$$ !!!

Had an ultrasound yesterday... won't know anything until at least next Tuesday. Waiting isn't too bad, but listening to everybody asking about it is. From people that I care about and people that I know care about me, that's fine. But from busy-bodies where there's been no kind of relationship before- not so fine. I got bombarded with questions from 5 people, all at once, and just wanted to run and hide. I don't even know how they found out.

Still, I am trusting that God loves me and wants what is best for me. And I have seen His hand in things, all the way to last summer, where He has been preparing me for this.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #202

Quote:
Just learned that I shouldn't be eating a lot of kale, spinach or chard... not so good for peeps with kidney issues. RATS! We did our shopping yesterday and I bought TONS of the stuff... and organic, too! $$$$$ !!!

Had an ultrasound yesterday... won't know anything until at least next Tuesday. Waiting isn't too bad, but listening to everybody asking about it is. From people that I care about and people that I know care about me, that's fine. But from busy-bodies where there's been no kind of relationship before- not so fine. I got bombarded with questions from 5 people, all at once, and just wanted to run and hide. I don't even know how they found out.

Still, I am trusting that God loves me and wants what is best for me. And I have seen His hand in things, all the way to last summer, where He has been preparing me for this.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:00 AM   #203

Down 10 pounds for the week.. woot woot

this is why I love low carb.. I know its the first weeka nd I always lose big the first week... and its mostly water weight.. but I'll take it.. and continue to do my best

gotta run..
Old 03-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!! 10 pounds is even MORE than 7!!! Congratulations!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #205

Quote:
WOW!!! 10 pounds is even MORE than 7!!! Congratulations!
well it wasnt quit 10.. it was 9.2 lol.. total of 11.2 since Jan 31st.... when I joined weight watchers on line.. the first 3 weeks I did their points.. didnt do so well.. this week... low carbed it but still plugged into WW.. most days I didnt eat all the points.. but dang.. I found myself eating most of the points at night.. even though I devided my points for 3 meals and a snack at night..

so for this girl... I cannot eat what ever I want as long as I dont go over my points.. bread and sugar is just bad for this old body...

so when I started ww... I checked my blood sugar and it was over 250... then I checked in the middle of the week and it was 195... check it today and it was 135,,.. gettin better ... and my blood pressure today was 150/83

so thats getting better as well.. my bottom number had been in the 90's for a while now..

so I will keep pluggin away with my low carb life.... and I believe it loves me back..

I got to hang out with D and her friends this sat. night... was fun.. .. nice people!!..

well, gonna try to watch Army wives before going to bed.. hehhe.. night night
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #206

Someone reminded me to keep a food journal..lol.. so I will try to remember

brekki was 3 fried eggs and 3 slices (thin) of bacon

lunch was 1 meat loaf ball.. some spinach and 3 angel eggs.. ( left overs from dinner last night

dinner.. I have a lil chicken in the crock and will have a small salad to go it..

That is all...
Old 03-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Someone reminded me to keep a food journal..lol.. so I will try to remember

brekki was 3 fried eggs and 3 slices (thin) of bacon

lunch was 1 meat loaf ball.. some spinach and 3 angel eggs.. ( left overs from dinner last night

dinner.. I have a lil chicken in the crock and will have a small salad to go it..

That is all...
Yummy!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I fell yesterday afternoon... HARD!!! I slipped on a clear plastic cover that goes on my Cricut mat. It had fallen three times, and every time I picked it up and set it aside. The last time it fell from where I'd put it, I thought "I'll pick it up later." I forgot it was on the floor and couldn't see it, so when I had my arms full of stuff, I stepped on it, went for quite a slide and then went down like a rock. I twisted my back, hit my back (in the kidney area, of course) and landed on my left hip, elbow and wrist.I could barely move last night, and sleeping was difficult because I couldn't find a comfortable position.

When I woke up this morning, I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. Dh helped me set up a (Homedics) massage pad, and I got a nice massage for about 45 minutes. Then I tried to keep moving as much as possible today so I wouldn't stiffen up, and I actually don't feel too bad. Oh yeah, I can still feel the aches and pains, but at least it isn't so bad that I'm crying about it.

I was trying to find something about it to be thankful for, and decided that I am very thankful that I don't feel that bad all the time. I know that a lot of people do, and my brother is one of them. Yes, I AM thankful for that.

I exercised just a little bit today... bounced gently on my Rebounder just to have some movement. It was painful so I didn't do much.

Just got a call back from the doc... gonna go look up what they told me. Have to mak an appt. now with a nephrologist.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #209

Quote:
I fell yesterday afternoon... HARD!!! I slipped on a clear plastic cover that goes on my Cricut mat. It had fallen three times, and every time I picked it up and set it aside. The last time it fell from where I'd put it, I thought "I'll pick it up later." I forgot it was on the floor and couldn't see it, so when I had my arms full of stuff, I stepped on it, went for quite a slide and then went down like a rock. I twisted my back, hit my back (in the kidney area, of course) and landed on my left hip, elbow and wrist.I could barely move last night, and sleeping was difficult because I couldn't find a comfortable position.

When I woke up this morning, I felt like I'd been run over by a truck. Dh helped me set up a (Homedics) massage pad, and I got a nice massage for about 45 minutes. Then I tried to keep moving as much as possible today so I wouldn't stiffen up, and I actually don't feel too bad. Oh yeah, I can still feel the aches and pains, but at least it isn't so bad that I'm crying about it.

I was trying to find something about it to be thankful for, and decided that I am very thankful that I don't feel that bad all the time. I know that a lot of people do, and my brother is one of them. Yes, I AM thankful for that.

I exercised just a little bit today... bounced gently on my Rebounder just to have some movement. It was painful so I didn't do much.

Just got a call back from the doc... gonna go look up what they told me. Have to mak an appt. now with a nephrologist.
geeesh woman.. if its not one thing, its another..
Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh... not enough sleep last night. I'm still hurting from my fall, so I guess I just wasn't comfortable enough to sleep.

Had a full day over in "America" (islanders name for going to the mainland) with stops at Trader Joe's, Fred Meyer (Kroger's) a plant nursery for seeds and onion sets, a health food store and lunch. When we got home, I had a hand-made greeting card and some roses to take to a friend that just had cancer surgery, and we ended up visiting for 2 hours. (We were just going to hand over the flowers and run! LOL)

Breakfast was veggie juic, lunch was wok food at a Chinese restaurant, and dinner was home made chicken soup that a sweet lady sent over.

Busy day tomorrow- Bible study and lots of juicing to be done. Dinner will be salad, salmon and broccoli. Yum!!!