Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Brelli.. 2 eggs.. onions and yellow peppers with some cheese sprinkled on it,,

Lunch.. a huge salad that I could not finish..lettuce.. red onion.. yellow pepper..little pickles.. half a tom. ..bacon bits.. can of tuna and 2 boiled eggs.. see.. it was HUGE :P

dinner..was left over salad.. a hamburged patty and some shrimp
Thats brekki not Brelli..lol.. too funny
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #92

todays menu..

B.. 2 fried eggs in evoo

lunch.. Atkins frozen dinner.. crustlass chicken pot pie.. last one till I get to the store :/

dinner.. spaghetti.. made with tofu noodles.. sf spaghetti sauce and meat balls..

thats all folks..
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Not a lot of support from dh today. We had an unexpected day off-island and I asked to go to a healthy place for lunch but dh wouldn't even answer me. So we ended up at a buffet where I did NOT make the best choices.

I did find the Atkins frozen entree's and bought 6 of them! We've had all our meals for the day, so I may just have to have one for breakfast tomorrow. I'm excited!

Don't forget to call Atkins and ask for coupons. You can ask for them once a month, plus you can ask for the start-up kit once a year!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
Not a lot of support from dh today. We had an unexpected day off-island and I asked to go to a healthy place for lunch but dh wouldn't even answer me. So we ended up at a buffet where I did NOT make the best choices.

I did find the Atkins frozen entree's and bought 6 of them! We've had all our meals for the day, so I may just have to have one for breakfast tomorrow. I'm excited!

Don't forget to call Atkins and ask for coupons. You can ask for them once a month, plus you can ask for the start-up kit once a year!
how much are they there??

I got a coupon already... but I didnt know we could get the other once a year.. hmmm.lol
Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #95

3 EGGS FOR BREKKI... LUNCH WAS A SMALL BOWL OF HAM AND BEANS.. :/ AT WORK
Old 01-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
3 EGGS FOR BREKKI... LUNCH WAS A SMALL BOWL OF HAM AND BEANS.. :/ AT WORK
Good job on the breakfast, Lisa. And ham and beans aren't too bad. Bet they felt good on a cold day!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Had a rough day today... no exercise. Breakfast didn't happen... I was busy making greeting cards and forgot until lunch time. So I had an omelet for lunch.

We went to our friend's memorial service today. I'm still so sad inside. I had to take a couple Lorazapam just so I wouldn't fall apart at the service. (I have a small stash on account of because all the funerals and memorials services we've had to attend the past few years!) I know Rick is happier than he has ever been in his life, in the presence of Jesus, but we still miss him. It was hard seeing his kids and especially his grandkids, because they simply adored him. And it was so touching seeing the two young boys accept the flag from the Navy representatives.

I further comforted myself with one or two tons of cookies after the service. Okay, maybe not that many; but we ladies wanted to provide a full meal and the family said just cookies would be enough. Problem was, it was just about dinner time when the service was over, so we were hungry!!! Sad and hungry is never a good combination.

Hopefully I will get back on track tomorrow.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #98

Yep. its always hard when we lose someone we love...

just remember the happy times and that like you said. he is better off where he is now

dinner last night was a salad.. well, 2 salad..lol.. had the girls over last night for cards.. D and my friend Lana.. .. always a great time.. with lots of laughs

lettuce.. cauliflower.. turkey bacon.. tomatoes..sunflower seeds..black olives and some of those fried onions.. :/ .. and mayo dressing..

had that twice..:P

and I didnt finish the last one.. Lana did..lol

anywho.. the hubs made me ham and eggs for brekki.. .. ham was salty.. wow.. it amazes me how when low carbing my taste buds get even more sensative (sp?)...

not sure on lunch yet.. but dang your omelet sounds delish.... so maybe..:P..

thinking chicken tenders for dinner.. I need to get them out of the freezer..

gonna take it easy today.. think I am getting a chest cold.. Chris left the window open in the bedroom last night.. thoat feels tight.. and have a lil cough.... hate being sick.. but I can't complain.. its not often that I get sick.. Praise the good LOrd!!... and I am taking vits. so it shouldnt last too long, I hope..

ok.. gonna get.. have a great Sunday..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 01-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #99

Ms. D... you said you changed your avi with your new weight.. but girl you need to post so I can see it!!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #100

well the menu was all messed up..lol

B.. eggs and ham..2 eggs.. 1 slice of ham

L.. 2 1/2 pieces of talopia.(sp?). home made tarter sauce

D.. steak.. spinach. and brown rice pilaf..

I know the rice isn't low carb.. but thats all the carbs I had today.. so I'll be ok..

that shouldnt hurt every now and again..

still have a couch.. ugh.. let's hope it gets better .. I dont feel bad other wise.. so thats a plus....

TTFN
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #101

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/312.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-33.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Ms. D... you said you changed your avi with your new weight.. but girl you need to post so I can see it!!!!
SEEEEEEEEEEEEE
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
SEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #103

B~ 2 eggs and 2 slices of ham

L~ steak w mushrooms and swiss cheese.. side salad and steamed broccoli ( Bob Evans)

D~.. a chicken dinner from Linda Sues site.. delish
Old 01-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #104

hello all..

Got to work and just hacked my head off.. ugh.. finally calmed down a little.. wheew...

today was the end of week two.. weigh in day.. but I was up 3 pounds.. just since Sunday when D wants to weigh in.... so I am not gonna post on Sundays to keep it straight..lol..

today on the way home I had those evil thoughts as I passed by Taco Bell then Mc Donalds.. I really didnt want them.. but I was thinking.. hmm.. haven't had that in a while..lol.. and I was thinking poor Chris.... he loves Mc D's... but this low carb cooking is better for him as well.. He gets carbs like his potatoes.. I could never take THOSE away from him..

We are going to Chinese tomorrow night and to a movie.. I will be good.. I am in the zone..:P.. can't mess it up now..

I just want this cold to go awayyyyyy.. but.... Gods will be done :P

gotta run..

Raini.. how are things sweetie.. and D.. get to posting PLEASE... this says SISTERS... not sister.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here I am. Monday was hectic and I guess I forgot to post. Today was hectic and I forgot to weigh. (How convenient!) I doubt the results would make me happy, 'cuz I scarfed down stuff at the memorial service that I should not have even looked at!!!

I also forgot to eat today! I was cleaning our bedroom 'cuz the mattress guy was coing to check our defective mattress (also a very expensive defective mattress!) so I didn't get around to breakfast until after noon. I had a big green smoothie with kale and baby spinach, a few frozen wild blueberries, a little frozen mango and a little frozen pineapple. Oh- also had protein powder and barley max powder in it.

So it is almost dinner time, my tummy is growling and I have not had lunch. I'm afraid to go down to the kitchen because I can't think of anything healthy that is ready to eat, and I don't want to grab something that is not healthy. Grrrr!

I have not exercised today, but I did lots of running around while cleaning, and my online tracker counts that, so maybe I will too! Or maybe I'll do the right thing and go down and exercise now. Maybe...

You better get over that cold, Sweetie! HEAL!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #106

Quote:
Here I am. Monday was hectic and I guess I forgot to post. Today was hectic and I forgot to weigh. (How convenient!) I doubt the results would make me happy, 'cuz I scarfed down stuff at the memorial service that I should not have even looked at!!!

I also forgot to eat today! I was cleaning our bedroom 'cuz the mattress guy was coing to check our defective mattress (also a very expensive defective mattress!) so I didn't get around to breakfast until after noon. I had a big green smoothie with kale and baby spinach, a few frozen wild blueberries, a little frozen mango and a little frozen pineapple. Oh- also had protein powder and barley max powder in it.

So it is almost dinner time, my tummy is growling and I have not had lunch. I'm afraid to go down to the kitchen because I can't think of anything healthy that is ready to eat, and I don't want to grab something that is not healthy. Grrrr!

I have not exercised today, but I did lots of running around while cleaning, and my online tracker counts that, so maybe I will too! Or maybe I'll do the right thing and go down and exercise now. Maybe...

You better get over that cold, Sweetie! HEAL!!!
No scarfing bad things!!.. and thanks I sure hope it goes away soon

be strong and eat healthy!!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #107

B,, 2 eggs.,

L.. cottage cheese and peaches..

S cubed cucumbers and black olives, in ranch dressing

D.. chinese.. salmon.. garlic shrimp.. chicken on a stick,, stuffed mushrooms.. and some mixed veggies,

sniffeling now as well as the cough,, ..

gonna eat an orange and go to bed!!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #108

Well, I took the MIL to the docs this am.. then we went grocery shopping.. still feel blah.. coughing and now sniffeling.. came home.. ate lunch.. which was chicken..took skins off.. then had some cottage cheese and strawberries.. putting low carb on the back burner.. but still watching what I eat.. no refined sugary stuff.. but right now I think I need the fruits..and they are tasting sooo good.. I dont ever remember actually tasting how good they are..lol.. weird.. anyway.. gotta go to work at 2:00 so I better get going..

brekki was 2 oranges..
Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast was really late 'cuz I lost too much sleep last night and then slept in. But I fixed a big glass of freshly squeezed juice- kale, baby spinach, cucumber, zucchini, cilantro, carrots and Barley Max berry flavor. I sipped it over the next two hours, but ended up getting hungry by then.

I snacked on a couple of handfuls of organic corn tortilla chips and sun-dried tomato hummus. Also had a couple handfuls of raw cashews.

Dinner took a long time to prepare: I made baked eggplant burgers, made with (duh) baked eggplant, hummus, butter beans, cilantro, red onion, cumin, sea salt, and bread crumbs made from Dave's Killer Bread. It was my first try at this recipe and it turned out SO yummy! The actual recipe calls for parsley and cannelini beans, but I made substitutions for what I didn't have on hand.

I plan to juice again tomorrow, 'cuz I think my body wants all those wonderful raw nutrients. Yesterday I felt I was coing down with something, but I feel much better today. Just trying to give my body ammunition to fight all those nasty bugs goin' around out there.

I did exercise today, and drank more than the usual amount of water, but still not enough. I took all my vitamins, so I guess it was an okay day. Not perfect, but okay.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #110

Hey Raini....

hope you got some sleep last night.. I did till 4:00 am..lol.. but fell back to sleep around 6...6:30.. but up at 7:30...

last nights dinner was salmon.. green beans and peaches and orange slices on a bed of lettuce.. .. the MIL made it.. it was delish

later I had another orange.,..

and brekki was an orange,...lol

lunch will be chicken salad ( mayo red onions and chick of course ).. strawberries and cottage cheese on a bed of chopped lettuce..I'll put ranch on it after I eat the strawberries.. :P

dinner.. will be bacon burgers.. and prolly a side salad.. not sure yet.. the MIL will cook again tonight..

I have to give it to her... this time around is better then the last few times.. shes cooking and cleaning.. so far only one incident..

She talks a lot and drives me crazy some times.. but its not so bad.. :P.. I'm just used to the quiet in the house.. everyone is at the age where they do their own thing.. lol.. and I know she gets lonely... poor thing wasn't able to renew her drivers license here in Indiana..she has a Kentucky one , but it has expired... and when she went in to get her Indiana one, she had to prove who she was ... and shes been married a few times and has to get all the recodes for that.. :/ shes waiting on one more to get here.. so shes stuck in the house all day and goes out when we do..to stores and such.. ...

anywho.. when she was still in KY.. I prayed about it and asked God to do what he felt needed to be done and if that meant her moving back in for a little while.. so be it.. Things happen for a reason...Gods reason..

she is working on getting disability.. she has COPD as well as RA.. and Osteoporosis.. also has Heart arrhythmia.. she takes meds all day long.. ... she can bairly use one of her hands.. they think she has something wrong with her tendons.. so she getting tested on that as well..

ok.. I'm done..lol..

have a great day all!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hey Raini....

hope you got some sleep last night.. I did till 4:00 am..lol.. but fell back to sleep around 6...6:30.. but up at 7:30...

last nights dinner was salmon.. green beans and peaches and orange slices on a bed of lettuce.. .. the MIL made it.. it was delish

later I had another orange.,..

and brekki was an orange,...lol

lunch will be chicken salad ( mayo red onions and chick of course ).. strawberries and cottage cheese on a bed of chopped lettuce..I'll put ranch on it after I eat the strawberries.. :P

dinner.. will be bacon burgers.. and prolly a side salad.. not sure yet.. the MIL will cook again tonight..

I have to give it to her... this time around is better then the last few times.. shes cooking and cleaning.. so far only one incident..

She talks a lot and drives me crazy some times.. but its not so bad.. :P.. I'm just used to the quiet in the house.. everyone is at the age where they do their own thing.. lol.. and I know she gets lonely... poor thing wasn't able to renew her drivers license here in Indiana..she has a Kentucky one , but it has expired... and when she went in to get her Indiana one, she had to prove who she was ... and shes been married a few times and has to get all the recodes for that.. :/ shes waiting on one more to get here.. so shes stuck in the house all day and goes out when we do..to stores and such.. ...

anywho.. when she was still in KY.. I prayed about it and asked God to do what he felt needed to be done and if that meant her moving back in for a little while.. so be it.. Things happen for a reason...Gods reason..

she is working on getting disability.. she has COPD as well as RA.. and Osteoporosis.. also has Heart arrhythmia.. she takes meds all day long.. ... she can bairly use one of her hands.. they think she has something wrong with her tendons.. so she getting tested on that as well..

ok.. I'm done..lol..

have a great day all!
Wow, sounds like you have your hands full. I sure know about the talking all the time-- one of the SILs is blind, and there is a lot she can not do, but one thing she CAN do is talk. And talk. And talk! The other SIL finally yelled "Shut up ______!" to her in front of everyone one day, and boy were there water works then! Poor me, poor me, poor me...
Anyway, she lives a few hours away, but calls ALL the time.

Anyway, 'nuff about us... I sure hope things go well for you with MIL there. Sounds like she is truly making an effort to fit in. The "getting old" thing is kind of scary. We watched as each of of dh's parents and step-parents went through it, and now there is just his step-mom left. It is so sad to see her losing her health, and I'm pretty sure she is depressed since losing her dh. And then guess who gets to get old next??? Accckk!

So my day started out slowly... I went to bed really late again and got up a little after 10 am. Had a big glass of juice (kale, spinach, zucchini, cucumber, cilantro and carrots) for breakfast. Took me nearly two hours to sip it all down while I was doing my Bible study. I ate a leftover eggplant burger patty for lunch, made a big green smoothie for a late snack (pretty much the same thing as in my juice, except it also had wild blueberries, mango and pears in it as well) and then had a big green salad, an eggplant burger patty and one piece of Dave's Killer bread. Tonight I snacked on pretzels and nuts, which was not a great thing, but I did put them in a very small bowl so the portion was small.

I was pretty happy with dh-- whether or not he realizes it, he has gone two whole days with no meat whatsoever! The mixture I made up for the eggplant burgers had enough left for me to make up fresh ones again this evening. Much easier than all I went through yesterday to make them, for sure! He said he loves them and had no cravings for anything after dinner.

Oh- I also exercised again today, but it seemed to really wear me out this time. I'm feeling a little sluggish and unmotivated, which is not how I usually am when I am eating healthy. Go figure...
Old 01-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #112

Morning,,, ..

no side salad last night w the bacon burgers.. I ate one with a lc wrap and one without.. had some tomato slices and lettuce ..just a little..

brekki was carbmaster yogurt.. white chocolate raspberry....hmm just looked.. there are 4 grams of carbs and 3 sugars... not liking that.. to many carbs for such a little tub.. and sugar?? .. I'll eat up what I have.. but I dont think I'll buy anymore..

work buys lunch today.. will prolly eb Wendys.. I'll let you know.. I'll be good

TTFN
Old 01-19-2013, 07:56 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow- I remember when work used to buy lunch-- once in a great while! But it was an Adventist hospital... no meat... but great food anyway. Ah, those were the days...

Wendy's sounds yummy. Can't remember the last time I got to have Wendy's. We almost went to one a few weeks ago, but dh missed the turn and then we changed our minds. When we lived in Portland we had Wendy's every week... sometimes more than once a week. (Okay, sometimes more than twice a week!)

I woke up way early today. We're meeting ds and family at an Izzy's... I don't suppose you have those in Indiana, huh? It's a pizza/buffet place, but lots of choices. Actually the best pizza I've ever had in my life, so hard to resist, even though there are lots of other things to eat. Anywho, we're meeting them to give them their Christmas gifts and DIL's b-day gift. It will be a long day!

Had my meds, supplements and vitamins already- usually do that later in the day. No brekkie yet, but I made a smoothie last night so I think that will be it. Lunch of course will be at the buffet, and I have a salad ready for dinner when we get back.

Gotta go- have a big grocery list to write out!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #114

Quote:
Wow- I remember when work used to buy lunch-- once in a great while! But it was an Adventist hospital... no meat... but great food anyway. Ah, those were the days...

Wendy's sounds yummy. Can't remember the last time I got to have Wendy's. We almost went to one a few weeks ago, but dh missed the turn and then we changed our minds. When we lived in Portland we had Wendy's every week... sometimes more than once a week. (Okay, sometimes more than twice a week!)

I woke up way early today. We're meeting ds and family at an Izzy's... I don't suppose you have those in Indiana, huh? It's a pizza/buffet place, but lots of choices. Actually the best pizza I've ever had in my life, so hard to resist, even though there are lots of other things to eat. Anywho, we're meeting them to give them their Christmas gifts and DIL's b-day gift. It will be a long day!

Had my meds, supplements and vitamins already- usually do that later in the day. No brekkie yet, but I made a smoothie last night so I think that will be it. Lunch of course will be at the buffet, and I have a salad ready for dinner when we get back.

Gotta go- have a big grocery list to write out!
Izzys no.. but we have several pizza buffet's....

Did not have Wendys ... he had me order chicken from Krogers.. and he also got potato salad .. slaw.. honey rolls and chips.. I had 2 pieces..2 plastic spoon fulls of botn tater and slaw.. NO roll and a hand full of chips.. and his mom bought in a chocolate cake.. I haven't touched it.. :P
Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #115

I owe . . . I owe . . . the water did not flow . . .

Let's seeeee . . . $20 for the pot . . . And $11 makes $31 dollah I owe . . .

Will do better. I PROMISE! I did my cookin' today . . . and ate well. Too well . . . had a granny smith apple with the skin on it . . . then I ate a big salad with balsamic dressing . . . not sure which did me in but now i have a tummy ache. It's either the skin or the dressing . . .
Old 01-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #116

Quote:
I owe . . . I owe . . . the water did not flow . . .

Let's seeeee . . . $20 for the pot . . . And $11 makes $31 dollah I owe . . .

Will do better. I PROMISE! I did my cookin' today . . . and ate well. Too well . . . had a granny smith apple with the skin on it . . . then I ate a big salad with balsamic dressing . . . not sure which did me in but now i have a tummy ache. It's either the skin or the dressing . . .
water.... H2o... ugwa,(sp?) lol.. DRINK IT!

glad you stopped by.. hope your friend is ok.. ..

see ya tomorrow

Old 01-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #117

menu

B.. carb master yogurt

L.. 2 pieces of chicken.. 2 plastic spoon fulls of slaw and potato salad.. and a hand full of chips...

yeah I know.. but I wan in a mood and I could have had chocolate cake but did NOT.. so.. I am happy about thaT

d,,, WAS TATER TOT CASSEROLE..

tomorrows a new day..

oh and I did eat 1 cherry cordual (sp?) kiss and 2 peppermint taffys..

but I could have had MORE..

tomorrows weigh in.. hope I didnt blow it...

laterrrr
Old 01-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #118

Morning and howdy! (I love this little guy!)

So what's the verdict? I can't believe I lost this week!!!! down 2.9 pounds!

I felt so guilty about leaving you last night, Lisa. My friend was seriously upset last night but we got into a 3 hour bible discussion and things were so much better after that. I'm so thankful to be of help in this way!

As a result, I did NOT get the rest of my water in so I will owe $12.00 instead of $11.00. Must try harder to drink drink drink!

Gotta fly . . . getting ready for my meeting. I hope we can get together this afternoon for lunch!

BTW, that apple/balsamic vinegar sure did do a number on me last night!

Last edited by dusk; 01-20-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #119

Quote:
Morning and howdy! (I love this little guy!)

So what's the verdict? I can't believe I lost this week!!!! down 2.9 pounds!

I felt so guilty about leaving you last night, Lisa. My friend was seriously upset last night but we got into a 3 hour bible discussion and things were so much better after that. I'm so thankful to be of help in this way!

As a result, I did NOT get the rest of my water in so I will owe $12.00 instead of $11.00. Must try harder to drink drink drink!

Gotta fly . . . getting ready for my meeting. I hope we can get together this afternoon for lunch!

BTW, that apple/balsamic vinegar sure did do a number on me last night!
.. good for you.. but funny.. I was up 1.5./. I wrote my number down then deleted my pic.. grrr.. soon as it went I was kicking myself.. cause I needed to send it to you.. sorry..:/

about today.. I will not be able to do lunch.. Beth informed me that she wants to get together soon.. and I need to get her pillows done.. when I say I.. I meant Donna..lol.. but I have to go to Michaels in Gwood to get some picture fabric.. was gonna do that tomorrow.. BUT.. Donna has a doc appointment and blood work to get done.. so I have to go today.. :/ so sorry..

Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #120

K. I will talk to you later I'm sure . . . is donna ok?

Oh! and since you are running around tomorrow, do you still want me to come by for BL?