Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
so.. I didn't make the whole gallon.. but pretty darn close.. I am only going to be able to do the gallon thing on off days.. I will be way to bust during Tax season to be going to the potty every 5 minutes.. :/ but Sundays and Mondays I'll do my best ..

this am I had a chocolate protein shake made with lite Silk... and a banana chopped up in my ninja.... pretty tasty.. I brought one of the new Atkins frozen dinners for lunch.. I'll let you know how well they are..and gonna have steamed fish and broccoli.. ..

My mommy bought me a steamer for Christmas.. .. I told her I wanted one a while back.. she remembered hehehe.. can't wait to use it tonight.. ..

WELL EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #62

I found this.. Thought I owulkd share ..

Today I give you a New Years Kit!!

To help you each day............

Toothpick .... To remind you to pick the good qualities in everyone, including yourself.

Rubber band .... To remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it can be worked out.

Band-Aid .... To remind you to heal hurt feelings, either yours or someone else's.

Eraser .... To remind you everyone makes mistakes. That's okay, we learn by our errors.

Candy Kiss .... To remind you everyone needs a hug or a compliment everyday.

Mint ... To remind you that you are worth a mint to your family & Me.

Bubble Gum .... To remind you to stick with it and you can accomplish anything.

Pencil .... To remind you to list your blessings every day.

Tea Bag .... To remind you to take time to relax daily and go over that list of blessings.

This is what makes life worth living every minute, every day.....

Wishing you love, gratitude, friends to cherish, caring, sharing, laughter, music, and warm feelings in your heart in the
Year 2013.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #63

I have to say.. the frozen Atkins is sooo good.. Its the Crustless chicken pot pie.. only wish there was more for the cost.. $3.95 at walmart..22g protein..no sugar added.. 330 calories.. 5 g net carbs good for ALL phases..
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Chicken pot pie sounds DELISH! I'll have to see if our WalMart carries it. We don't shop there often, since parking is a pain and ours has the worst customer service ever. I know they aren't all like that!

You might call Atkins and ask for coupons. They once told me I could do that once a month.
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I actually got in my 8 glasses of water yesterday! However, I'm far from that so far today and forgot to bring any water upstairs with me. Grrrr.

Also yesterday I exercised on the Rebounder, though not as much as I would have liked. There were people that looked like they were breaking in to our deceased neighbor's house, so I ended up making phone calls to the neighborhood security, my dh, etc. All was well... they were re-keying the place because someone has keys that should not have. Anyway, I just got the one session in.

I weighed myself... not a pretty sight but it had to be done. I'm up another 6 pounds from around Thanksgiving, so it's not as bad as it could have been, but still not good. I am now 12 pounds under my all-time highest (as far as I know.)

I exercised on the Rebounder once so far today. I had fresh juice for breakfast- half a beet, a zucchini, kale and carrots. It was the same juice I made yesterday, but no apple in it today. (I have decided that anything with beets in it will be called "Beet Surprise" from now on. One trip to the bathroom and you will know what the surprise is! LOL)

I didn't get up to my office before dh fixed his lunch, so I got hungry earlier than I'd hoped. (His lunch smelled SO good!) So I made a green salad and added avocado, cheese and sausage stick to it. I hope that adding high fat doesn't conflict with my juice from earlier in the day.

Dinner will be a steak with broccoli. Dh is going to grill on the deck in the cold, bless his heart!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
Chicken pot pie sounds DELISH! I'll have to see if our WalMart carries it. We don't shop there often, since parking is a pain and ours has the worst customer service ever. I know they aren't all like that!

You might call Atkins and ask for coupons. They once told me I could do that once a month.
O got me a $2.00 off coupon today.. but I had to sign up to see if I win a trip and meet Sharon Osborn .. dont really care to meet her.. shes ok and all.. but naaa..lol..
Old 01-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #67

Quote:
I actually got in my 8 glasses of water yesterday! However, I'm far from that so far today and forgot to bring any water upstairs with me. Grrrr.

Also yesterday I exercised on the Rebounder, though not as much as I would have liked. There were people that looked like they were breaking in to our deceased neighbor's house, so I ended up making phone calls to the neighborhood security, my dh, etc. All was well... they were re-keying the place because someone has keys that should not have. Anyway, I just got the one session in.

I weighed myself... not a pretty sight but it had to be done. I'm up another 6 pounds from around Thanksgiving, so it's not as bad as it could have been, but still not good. I am now 12 pounds under my all-time highest (as far as I know.)

I exercised on the Rebounder once so far today. I had fresh juice for breakfast- half a beet, a zucchini, kale and carrots. It was the same juice I made yesterday, but no apple in it today. (I have decided that anything with beets in it will be called "Beet Surprise" from now on. One trip to the bathroom and you will know what the surprise is! LOL)

I didn't get up to my office before dh fixed his lunch, so I got hungry earlier than I'd hoped. (His lunch smelled SO good!) So I made a green salad and added avocado, cheese and sausage stick to it. I hope that adding high fat doesn't conflict with my juice from earlier in the day.

Dinner will be a steak with broccoli. Dh is going to grill on the deck in the cold, bless his heart!
good for you with the exercise.. it will get better.. .. and dinner sounds so0o0o good.. ..My DH would not grill out for me when its cold.. but how cold is your cold.. its in the teens here..
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
good for you with the exercise.. it will get better.. .. and dinner sounds so0o0o good.. ..My DH would not grill out for me when its cold.. but how cold is your cold.. its in the teens here..
Our cold will be in the low to mid 30's by the time he gets out to grill. He won't go out there in the rain, though (but he has in the snow!)
Old 01-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #69

16 degrees right now Raini/.. brrrrrr

well I got on the scale and the scale made me smile..lol.. 6.8 pounds gone.. but I know its water right now.. but its all good.. plus I wont count anything till Tuesday Morning... ..

I did have 2 pieces of tilopia last night and broccoli.. a little bit later I ate some tomatoes and onions I had put in olive oil , vinager and a touch of splenda.. the onions where HOT I tell ya.. but the tomatoes where good.. oh and I had some garlic in there too..

this am was 2 eggs in evoo and 1 sausage patty..

not sure on the rest of the day.. but I'll let you know..

ttfn
Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #70

Howdy to whom ever reads this ..( Lei if your lurking how are you?? )

So far today..

Brekki.. was 2 fried eggs in evoo.. and 1 sausage patty

L.. half of a small rotisserie chicken..

D.. will be Chicken broccoli Alfredo..using Tofo noodles and canned chicken,,

I bought some of the new Natures Bound ( I think) protein powder... it was buy one get one half off.. PLUS I had a 5 dollar couple.. ..so I brought one here... in case there are days I get hungry.. it will be here.. NO EXCUSES!

and water water water.. oh poo I forgot my lemons today.. that's ok.. I'll have some tonight.. ..

taking vitamines.. feeling wonderful..

bbl
Old 01-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FIRST of all, would you pray for our friend Rick? He is a believer, and he collapsed about 45 minutes ago with cardiac arrest while praying at church. Thank you!

Now, thank you for your encouraging post! I haven't been eating on schedule so far today because we got busy taking down the tree and then I got the call about our friend. So far I had one serving of Barley Max and a small handful of nuts. I should have had a juice or a green smoothie and something for lunch by now. Thanks to your post, I will get on that soon!

Gotta get busy. I may try to get back and post again this evening.

Oops... just saw the part about your vitamins, and I forgot those today too. Boy, if my head wasn't glued on, I'd probably lose it. LOL Well, thanks again for the post. I AM feeling healthier already and this is just day 3. Yay!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #72

Quote:
FIRST of all, would you pray for our friend Rick? He is a believer, and he collapsed about 45 minutes ago with cardiac arrest while praying at church. Thank you!

Now, thank you for your encouraging post! I haven't been eating on schedule so far today because we got busy taking down the tree and then I got the call about our friend. So far I had one serving of Barley Max and a small handful of nuts. I should have had a juice or a green smoothie and something for lunch by now. Thanks to your post, I will get on that soon!

Gotta get busy. I may try to get back and post again this evening.

Oops... just saw the part about your vitamins, and I forgot those today too. Boy, if my head wasn't glued on, I'd probably lose it. LOL Well, thanks again for the post. I AM feeling healthier already and this is just day 3. Yay!
Old 01-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #73

well.. didnt have the alfredo..I forgot about it and the MIL said she wanted Broccoly and cheese soup.. so thats what I had....

made it at work without feeling hungry...

tomorrow.. I am taking left over cabbage and sausage.. for lunch..

may have a protein shake for brekki.. will see... then the alfredo for dinner.. .. thats the plan anyway..

night night all!

and Raini.. I will be praying for Rick..
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #74

Good Day.. :P .. brekki was protein shake.. got the new one from Natures bounty.. Walgreen's has them buy one get one half off.. ..did I mention that already? sorry if I did..lol.. anywho.. I also ate 1 banana

Lunch left over cabbage.. delish..

took my vitamins.. my energy isn't up as much as it was yesterday..

but still truckin on the nutrition.. ..

Don't know where Ms. Dawn has been.. but she is coming over Sunday to watch Biggest Loser with me.. last I heard anyway.. hope she doesn't cancel.. .,. she already canceled the card game on Sat. night.. but she has things to do.. in other words.. she has a life.. unlike myself..

have a great day all!!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

First of all, "Rick report:" He is still in ICU, good news is he is breathing on his own, bad news he is still unconscious. Best news is that God is still in control.

Had a long day off-island. Started out the day with my Barley Max, followed by a green smoothie. But lunch was far from home and a menu that was either not healthy or I just didn't like the stuff, so I caved and ate a burger. I could have had salad, but it was bagged lettuce and I don't like it, so I opted for soup instead of fries. I chose steak and mushroom soup instead of clam chowder because I figured it was broth based, but it was loaded with cream and flour anyway. So I let dh have most of it.

My poor tummy is really mad right now that I put that garbage into it. We haven't had dinner, but I may have a salad this evening.

I DID exercise before we went off-island which is very rare for me. Usually we are in too much of a hurry for me to have time, but I got up earlier than planned and just did it. Yay!

Tomorrow will be another challenge for me, 'cuz I'm hosting an Open House-style party with lots of food. Dh wants me to make cookies in the morning, too. Good grief!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #76

Quote:
First of all, "Rick report:" He is still in ICU, good news is he is breathing on his own, bad news he is still unconscious. Best news is that God is still in control.

Had a long day off-island. Started out the day with my Barley Max, followed by a green smoothie. But lunch was far from home and a menu that was either not healthy or I just didn't like the stuff, so I caved and ate a burger. I could have had salad, but it was bagged lettuce and I don't like it, so I opted for soup instead of fries. I chose steak and mushroom soup instead of clam chowder because I figured it was broth based, but it was loaded with cream and flour anyway. So I let dh have most of it.

My poor tummy is really mad right now that I put that garbage into it. We haven't had dinner, but I may have a salad this evening.

I DID exercise before we went off-island which is very rare for me. Usually we are in too much of a hurry for me to have time, but I got up earlier than planned and just did it. Yay!

Tomorrow will be another challenge for me, 'cuz I'm hosting an Open House-style party with lots of food. Dh wants me to make cookies in the morning, too. Good grief!
shake it off.. and move on.. and do your best tomorrow
Old 01-05-2013, 06:03 AM   #77

Mornin all..

the alfredo that I made last night was devine!!

this am was 2 eggs fried in evoo.. lunch will be Gnocchi Chicken soup..( kind like OLive Garden.)... wont have much , its NOT low carb.. dinner taco salad..

at work.. gotta get
Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sad day... Our friend Rick passed away last night. I know we should be rejoicing that he is with the Lord, but I can't stop crying. Wish we could have seen him one last time before he went, but he never regained consciousness.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #79

Quote:
Sad day... Our friend Rick passed away last night. I know we should be rejoicing that he is with the Lord, but I can't stop crying. Wish we could have seen him one last time before he went, but he never regained consciousness.
aww.. so sorry Raini..
Old 01-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #80

Happy Monday all...

I feel weird not adding a weight loss.. or gain... its MOnday by golly..lol.. but I started on Tuesday this time.. so I'll post tomorrow..

protein shake and a nanner this am for brekki..

found this and wanted to share..

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose." -Dr. Suess
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #81

hello all..

so lunch.. HUGE salad.. and some left over pot roast..

salad.. lettuce.. half a tomato.. black olives.. red onions.. yellow pepper..bacon bits (real) sunflower seeds.. mayo dressing..mushrooms..I think thats it..lol.. huge I tell ya..

tonight.. Biggest loser.. Subway salad.. with Ms. D

tt and have a great night !
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Is tonight's a repeat of last nights? We weren't sure...

Breakfast was a shot of Barley Max berry flavor (gag me with a spoon... I like the regular flavor, believe it or not) and a "Cutie" tangerine. Lunch was a salad, and dinner was another salad, leftover pot roast and leftover broccoli. I don't think I'm hungry but I have the munchies. Not the "celery or other good-for-you-stuff" munchies, but the "bad-for-me-stuff" munchies. I have chewing gum and am trying to behave. Lord help me!

I exercised today but have not had enough water. I did have all my vitamins and supplements. Guess I'm on the right track!

Hope you guys had fun!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #83

well.. not as big a loss as my usual first week.. but I wasn't totally low carb with with my bananas.. and some baked chips.. .. but I had a 2.2 loss and I am gonna keep it....

gotta get ready for work.. have a wonderful day..
Old 01-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I missed weighing in yesterday... just totally forgot. I did weigh this morning, but not til after I'd had something to eat plus water to drink. Still, I showed a 2 pound loss and I will be happy with that! Two pounds per week would make me very happy, if I can keep doing that for a year or so!

I did not eat low carb OR raw vegan today. I woke early (5:30) and ate some of dh's granola with coconut milk. I did not add any sugar to the granola and it was pretty bland, but it made my tummy quit hurting and that's what I was hoping for.

I went back to bed and actually slept until almost 9:45 am. This is the third day I have over-slept, but I'm guessing my body needs it. I've gone for weeks getting was too little sleep- usually around 5 to 5 and 1/2 hours, but a couple of times as little as 3 hours. I don't know if I'm depressed now and sleeping more or if my body is just trying to catch up on all the sleep I lost. (The over-sleeping started the day we learned our friend died.) Anyway, it is nice to be awake and not fall asleep at the computer!

Around 11 am I had 2 Cuties (tangerines) and a handful of nuts. I forgot to eat again until late afternoon, and then I fixed a cheese sandwich with Dave's Killer bread. None of this stuff is what I plan to eat this year, but it satisfied me and I haven't been snacking or looking for more food to eat. Dinner will be low carb chili and some hot dogs with no nitrites or nitrates.

I exercised today and did more than I'd planned. I want to keep adding a little each day until I'm back where I was late last summer. So far, so good.

I also hung out in my bedroom with my "Happy Light" for about half an hour. I'm trying it out to combat the darkness of the weather this time of year. I just went through some magazines while I was sitting there, so I felt like I at least got something done at the same time.

Guess that's all. Hoping y'all are having a good week! <3 Raini
Old 01-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #85

woot woot on the loss ..and I agree.. 2 pounds a week for a year.. and n my case.. a year or two... would be nice

menu for the day is

Brekki.. 2 eggs and a sausage patty

atkins frozen dinner.. crustless chicken pot pie..

dinner.. steak with mushrooms and swiss cheese.... side salad and steamed broccoli.. from Bob Evans.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #86

Morning....

Had to get up early this am.. 6;30..ugh.. to take the MIL to a doc's appointment.. so I ate early.. not knowing how long it would take.. didnt wanna be starving to death and pull into a drive through.. :/ ... had 2 eggs with yellow pepper and onions... and a lil cheese..

took my weigh in pic for D... and I am about to send it to her..

feeling good.. ..

gonna get.. will post more later..
Old 01-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Morning....

Had to get up early this am.. 6;30..ugh.. to take the MIL to a doc's appointment.. so I ate early.. not knowing how long it would take.. didnt wanna be starving to death and pull into a drive through.. :/ ... had 2 eggs with yellow pepper and onions... and a lil cheese..

took my weigh in pic for D... and I am about to send it to her..

feeling good.. ..

gonna get.. will post more later..
Lunch.. huge salad.. lettuce.. 1/2 tomato.. 2 boiled eggs.. can of tuna.. a few gherkins pickles (sp?) tad of real bacon bits and a tad of sunflower seeds.. lots of protein to hold me over till dinner..wonder if I can eat all this.. :/ ..oh and mayo dressing..
Old 01-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Breakfast was a big green smoothie: kale, spinach (and some other leafy-green-something) hemp protein powder, Barley Max, cucumber, wild blueberries, pineapple, mango and coconut milk and cinnamon)

Haven't had lunch yet-- failed to plan, or planned to fail??? I'm pretty hungry and afraid to go downstairs. But dh made a big turkey veggie soup so maybe I'll have some of that. Dinner will probably be soup and a big green salad.

I exercised today- getting closer to where I used to be on my Rebounder.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #89

Quote:
Breakfast was a big green smoothie: kale, spinach (and some other leafy-green-something) hemp protein powder, Barley Max, cucumber, wild blueberries, pineapple, mango and coconut milk and cinnamon)

Haven't had lunch yet-- failed to plan, or planned to fail??? I'm pretty hungry and afraid to go downstairs. But dh made a big turkey veggie soup so maybe I'll have some of that. Dinner will probably be soup and a big green salad.

I exercised today- getting closer to where I used to be on my Rebounder.
.. soup sounds good.. and warmm.. ..keep it goin girly!!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #90

Brelli.. 2 eggs.. onions and yellow peppers with some cheese sprinkled on it,,

Lunch.. a huge salad that I could not finish..lettuce.. red onion.. yellow pepper..little pickles.. half a tom. ..bacon bits.. can of tuna and 2 boiled eggs.. see.. it was HUGE :P

dinner..was left over salad.. a hamburged patty and some shrimp