Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 PM   #721
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/310.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-35.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards20 View Post
So, I was born/called to EAT!! That is the sinful desire I must fight everyday!! Sometimes I conquer it, sometimes I don't. Mostly because I try to do it my way. I will pray for you!!! Love you.

So ... do tell!! Thai Lime cashews? Sounds amazing ....
Oh sweetie, eating isn't a sinful desire, it is a necessity to sustain life and God gave us wonderful tastebuds so we could enjoy eating and not find it a drudgery. Now, what we do with eating or how we choose to go about eating is where the problems comes in. That is where I have the problem . . . I have yet to find a way to stop eating like an 8 yr old, which means eating by what appeals to the eyes and tastebuds . . . if you have any hints and tips, I'd love to hear them . . .

dusk
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 PM   #722

Sorry . . . knee jerk reaction . . . I know you know this already . . . just had an emotional day today . . .
Old 02-06-2014, 10:35 AM   #723

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Hello ladies.. and any gents who stop by :P

I agree.. God gave us these taste buds... but we are not supposed to be gluttons .. is that the word? lol.. and I am like a puppy.. doesn't matter how full my tummy is.. if it tastes good... in in my pie hole..

D,, I am gonna send you something on Pinterest ... about this clean eating..

hang in there peeps..
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #724
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/123/115
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
Hope you are having a great LC day! Can't wait until we all get to heaven and don't have to worry with our taste buds
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Chili lime cashews - found at Trader Joe's! Yummmm.... the salad I made for Super Bowl went fast and everyone, I mean EVERYONE, wanted the recipe!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Mommy View Post
Hope you are having a great LC day! Can't wait until we all get to heaven and don't have to worry with our taste buds
AMEN!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #727

Tax time and my lovely little friend Lisa just doesn't have the time to post . . . that's okay . . . she will be surprised that I've been here when she gets back.
Update: (warning - Epiphany ahead!)

So . . . I have tried to stick to every which way of eating for the last umpteen years and I just haven't been able to find it within myself to stick to a structured way of eating. Soooooooo . . . I'm trying something new and exciting. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again without seeing results (or something like that), right? Well, I'm going to try something radical for me . . . it's something I have never thought to try because of everything I learned while body sculpting (building). But the way of eating for body building didn't benefit me on a maintenance level. So let's try this . . . I am now eating only when hungry, keeping it lower in carbs, but not strictly low carb and trying to stop when I am full or relatively full (not quite sure how to do this yet, but I'm working on it). I'm also not "restricting." For instance: I'm currently at Denny's and they have a new Bourbon Chicken skillet dish that looks really yummy, but it comes with a broccoli and potato mixture as a side. I almost asked for just broccoli, but I instantly felt like I was "dieting." I'm trying to avoid this mentality and am trying to think in terms of lifestyle changes . . . that's why I'm not going to "restrict" my eating. I got the broccoli and potato mixture and didn't feel "guilty" for eating it AND I stopped when I was satisfied and not stuffed or overly full. I now have a chicken breast for lunch tomorrow and I feel in control and fabulous! (BTW, Lisa, it even had mushrooms, onions, green peppers and red peppers on it! GASP! I know . . . LOL).

(Warning . . . Another Epiphany moment coming . . . )

It's interesting . . . about the same time I started thinking about this new way of eating, I began thinking about getting back into the gym. I thought and thought about this, but I knew if I went back I would be in a lot of pain again. This is an automatic turnoff and it makes going to the gym feel more like a drudgery and I basically would be forcing myself to go. NOT GOOD! You can only force yourself to do this for so long. Anyway . . . I just couldn't get past the idea of the pain, so I never went to the gym out of fear of the pain. Then one night as I was sitting there knowing I should go to the gym and just couldn't force myself out the door, and also feeling so exasperated with the fact that even if I did go to the gym, I could never get to the point where I used to be with my exercising (back in body sculpting days), it suddenly hit me . . . What happens when someone has a stroke and loses use of one side of their body? What happens to someone who is in an accident or due to health issues, loses a limb? Don't they have to adapt to their new circumstances? LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I have been avoiding the gym because I was wanting to put myself in an impossible situation of doing workouts that others do who have full use of their limbs and body, doing workouts that I used to do when I did not have the limitations that I have now. DUH! So I started thinking again . . . there had to be a way to workout at the gym with my new circumstances. THERE HAD TO BE! Then POW! I knew what needed to be done . . . I started googling and found it!! Isometric exercises! After all, Bruce Lee got his incredible physique using isometrics! Hmmmm . . . but how do I do this? I know how to lift weights, but am totally ignorant about isometrics and researching at this point is too daunting. Hmmmmm . . . then I remembered an important lesson . . . there is no shame in asking for help.

With that said, I've started "training" again at my gym, hired a trainer who understands what I need and realizes that I have limitations and will work within those limitations, but still pushing me, challenging me. Yesterday was my first day of training. We are starting at one day a week since I have physical therapy two times a week, but when that is over, I will probably increase to training with her twice a week. I'm sore, but feel amazing. This may be the combination I've been looking for for a very, VERY long time.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

D- SO glad to see you!!! Of course I am sorry that Lisa is too busy to check in, but if that's what it takes to bring you in for a bit, Lisa may take a (short) break!

I'm excited to see you finding what will work for you. I'll keep you in my prayers - and PLEASE keep in touch and let us know how things are working out for you.

I have not made exercise a priority until recently, but I have figured out some things I can do at home and here on the island. I have a Rebounder and aim for 300-400 "bounces" at a time. (I do it jogging-style, and count every other step as 1 bounce.) I also have a video that I use, which is 20 minutes of aerobic exercise... not physically taxing, but gets you breathing and gets the heart pumping. In the past, I tried to do one or the other of these per day, but now I am aiming to do both each day. My biggest challenge is time right now - I have so many appts off-island that really mess with my schedule. I wish I could go to a gym and have a trainer, but I am doing what I can with what is available to me.

I appreciated what you said about eating out and allowing yourself to eat (gasp!) potatoes! I did almost exactly the same thing yesterday, only at Applebee's. The meal came with chicken, mushrooms and potatoes, and I DID eat the potatoes. (And I found out that purple potatoes are really good for my heart, so I made purple mashed potatoes last week.) None of the medical professionals in charge of my care right now will agree that I should be doing low carb, but I still believe that keeping the carbs as low as reasonably possible is how I lose weight. So I have added a bit of fruit here and there, and no longer faint over the sight of a potato. So as long as my labs are coming back okay, I will continue to monitor my carbs and try to keep them down.

We CAN do this, D! I know that God wants us to be healthy so that we can do whatever He needs us to be doing, for the glory of His kingdom. I have no idea why this is such a struggle for me, but I have to agree with what you said above about insanity: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. Now that my very life depends on me getting healthy, I sure pray that I will do it this time.

Big hugs my friend!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #729

hugs back at cha!
Old 02-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #730

Old 02-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #731
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: ScarletBlonde
Stats: 171.4/135/137
WOE: WW/SB
Lisa - just stopping in for a moment to say hi and see how you're doing. Will try to read the last couple of pages to catch up with you.

Love ya!
ScarletBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletBlonde View Post
Lisa - just stopping in for a moment to say hi and see how you're doing. Will try to read the last couple of pages to catch up with you.

Love ya!
I am great!.. how is Karen??? Good I a hoping .. Good to hear from ya!!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
Tax time and my lovely little friend Lisa just doesn't have the time to post . . . that's okay . . . she will be surprised that I've been here when she gets back.
Update: (warning - Epiphany ahead!)

So . . . I have tried to stick to every which way of eating for the last umpteen years and I just haven't been able to find it within myself to stick to a structured way of eating. Soooooooo . . . I'm trying something new and exciting. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again without seeing results (or something like that), right? Well, I'm going to try something radical for me . . . it's something I have never thought to try because of everything I learned while body sculpting (building). But the way of eating for body building didn't benefit me on a maintenance level. So let's try this . . . I am now eating only when hungry, keeping it lower in carbs, but not strictly low carb and trying to stop when I am full or relatively full (not quite sure how to do this yet, but I'm working on it). I'm also not "restricting." For instance: I'm currently at Denny's and they have a new Bourbon Chicken skillet dish that looks really yummy, but it comes with a broccoli and potato mixture as a side. I almost asked for just broccoli, but I instantly felt like I was "dieting." I'm trying to avoid this mentality and am trying to think in terms of lifestyle changes . . . that's why I'm not going to "restrict" my eating. I got the broccoli and potato mixture and didn't feel "guilty" for eating it AND I stopped when I was satisfied and not stuffed or overly full. I now have a chicken breast for lunch tomorrow and I feel in control and fabulous! (BTW, Lisa, it even had mushrooms, onions, green peppers and red peppers on it! GASP! I know . . . LOL).

(Warning . . . Another Epiphany moment coming . . . )

It's interesting . . . about the same time I started thinking about this new way of eating, I began thinking about getting back into the gym. I thought and thought about this, but I knew if I went back I would be in a lot of pain again. This is an automatic turnoff and it makes going to the gym feel more like a drudgery and I basically would be forcing myself to go. NOT GOOD! You can only force yourself to do this for so long. Anyway . . . I just couldn't get past the idea of the pain, so I never went to the gym out of fear of the pain. Then one night as I was sitting there knowing I should go to the gym and just couldn't force myself out the door, and also feeling so exasperated with the fact that even if I did go to the gym, I could never get to the point where I used to be with my exercising (back in body sculpting days), it suddenly hit me . . . What happens when someone has a stroke and loses use of one side of their body? What happens to someone who is in an accident or due to health issues, loses a limb? Don't they have to adapt to their new circumstances? LIGHTBULB MOMENT! I have been avoiding the gym because I was wanting to put myself in an impossible situation of doing workouts that others do who have full use of their limbs and body, doing workouts that I used to do when I did not have the limitations that I have now. DUH! So I started thinking again . . . there had to be a way to workout at the gym with my new circumstances. THERE HAD TO BE! Then POW! I knew what needed to be done . . . I started googling and found it!! Isometric exercises! After all, Bruce Lee got his incredible physique using isometrics! Hmmmm . . . but how do I do this? I know how to lift weights, but am totally ignorant about isometrics and researching at this point is too daunting. Hmmmmm . . . then I remembered an important lesson . . . there is no shame in asking for help.

With that said, I've started "training" again at my gym, hired a trainer who understands what I need and realizes that I have limitations and will work within those limitations, but still pushing me, challenging me. Yesterday was my first day of training. We are starting at one day a week since I have physical therapy two times a week, but when that is over, I will probably increase to training with her twice a week. I'm sore, but feel amazing. This may be the combination I've been looking for for a very, VERY long time.
.. geesh I need to come in here more.. good on ya my friend .. PROUD of you!!
Old 02-17-2014, 07:11 AM   #734

Wanted to share..

Magnesium: Meet the Most Powerful Relaxation Mineral Available | Dr. Mark HymanDr. Mark Hyman
Old 02-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #735
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello everyone. Didn't eat so great today. Broke a crown last night and had to go to the dentist today. Very painful procedure and I think there are problems beneath the crown. (Had an apico there several years ago and don't think it ever healed properly.) Sore tonight and not allowed anything stronger than Tylenol because of my heart and kidneys. Grrr. So I ate what was comfortable to eat... soup and soft "street" tacos for lunch and toasted cheese sammi for dinner. Please pray that the problems under my crown will heal. Already looking at over $1600 just for today's dental work. Don't want to have to pay for an endodontist to pull off the new crown and have to do more work under it. Please Lord, no!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 01:01 AM   #736

Hope it's over and done with.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #737

Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
Hello everyone. Didn't eat so great today. Broke a crown last night and had to go to the dentist today. Very painful procedure and I think there are problems beneath the crown. (Had an apico there several years ago and don't think it ever healed properly.) Sore tonight and not allowed anything stronger than Tylenol because of my heart and kidneys. Grrr. So I ate what was comfortable to eat... soup and soft "street" tacos for lunch and toasted cheese sammi for dinner. Please pray that the problems under my crown will heal. Already looking at over $1600 just for today's dental work. Don't want to have to pay for an endodontist to pull off the new crown and have to do more work under it. Please Lord, no!!!
what is a street taco... is it a type of taco or a soft taco you got from a street vendor?

hope your crown is better
Old 05-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #738

bump for Lisa
Old 05-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #739

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
bump for Lisa
Thanks..
Old 05-02-2014, 09:46 PM   #740
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Where have you been?

Missed you "gals" and reading your posts.

Hope you both are alright.
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #741
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It certainly has been quiet here lately. Wee must all be busy in our own little worlds. Time for a reunion, isn't it?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #742

Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
It certainly has been quiet here lately. Wee must all be busy in our own little worlds. Time for a reunion, isn't it?
Sorry.. I just forget to come in here I guess. :/ .. but I need to

how is every one?

Raini??

BellaRose???

I have joined a facebook page that is about low carb and high fat... these people are getting all kinds of weight loss.. .. So I am trying it.. cant hurt huh..

ok gonna get I'll try to get back in here.. I am just trying to break my stall .. losing and gaining the same 5 to 10 pounds.. so.. wish me luck...

Old 05-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #743

starting . . . again . . .
Old 05-20-2014, 04:52 AM   #744

So far so good.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #745

in ketosis
Old 05-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #746
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Hello All..Dusk..Monet.. Raini

Good for you Dusk. Keep it up.

Monet..I'm like you gaining and losing the
same pounds..need to get on track.
How do you overcome stress eating?

Rani.. How are you feeling?
BellaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #747

How do I overcome stress eating? Well . . . ummmm . . . I'm not a good one to ask as I caved last night and had pepperoni until I almost got sick. But most of the time I can use the H.A.L.T. + B. technique to find out what is wrong.

I ask myself, "Am I -

Hungry
Angry (emotional)
Lonely
Tired or
Bored?

Once I find out which one I am, I can combat the stress eating. But last night I didn't do that . . . I just went hog wild . . .
Old 05-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #748

down 1.1 pounds this week . . . it sure is hard to drop weight when you can't exercise.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:48 PM   #749

I didn't drop any weight this week, but gained, but I'm tickled pink anyway. The scale went up 7 lbs this week and I was like, "What's up with that?" But I lost most of it.

Oh! And I am now in moderate ketosis! Gotta love that fat burning mode!
Old 06-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #750

I was cleared for exercise by the doctor . . . woo hooo! love it!