Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
Ahhhh, snow days are supposed to be FUN!

I did really well yesterday meeting most of my goals. There is one called "Tummy Curfew" that means we don't eat within 3-4 hours of bedtime, and that one is tough for me. My tummy starts growling at me just before bed, and I've gotten in a nasty habit of grabbing half a sandwich or something else - never healthy, mind you. Well, one night I actually made it through the Tummy Curfew without eating anything at all. Two nights I have had a small handful of macadamia nuts. (Last night I had 4 nuts.) It stops the growling and I think I sleep a little better.

I may make Pulp Muffins today if I have time. (I also call them Muffin Lumps because they just stay in whatever position I drop them in the muffin pans - just lumps.) I didn't put any kind of sugar in mine and they were more of a savory biscuit. I made them for Bible Study once and apologized, but the ladies ate them up and asked for the recipe.

I've been exercising every day, and for longer than I have in years. I am feeling good (except for one knee that seems a little out of whack) and got GOOD news from my cardiologist for the first time! She said my lab results from last Friday were better than the ones the time before. I haven't seen them yet to compare, but I will take any good news I can get!

An now, as part of my commitment to stop wasting time, I am going to get off the computer NOW!
I SO need to work on that.... Tummy Curfew..... SO need to...

B.. scrambled eggs with onions and mushrooms... 3 sausage links

L.. left over enchiladas..

S.. last banana muffin...

D.. Chinese... cheat meal of the week...

drinking more h2o... so that's a plus..

oh also ate the last Atkins coconut bar..

I am a glutton .. just like a puppy...

I'm done... I have to get this weight off...

I need to be more serious about this,,.

ok I'm out!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #692
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
I would send you all my Atkins bars that I don't eat anymore, but they would cost as much to send as they do to buy! LOL But did you know that you can call Atkins once a month and ask for coupons? And you can ask once a year, I think, for a starter kit with free bars and once I got a coupon for a free meal!

I had a crazy-busy day today and had a difficult time staying focused. I'd planned to clean out the 'fridge and also make my veggie juice, but phone calls from the doctor's office led to a bunch of computer stuff and a bunch of phone calls I had to make. Talk about time wasters! Everything I had to do I believe that the nurses are being paid to do. I should have called them on it, but I don't want to make enemies.

I got my juice made, have a bunch of pulp for making muffins (hopefully tomorrow now instead of today,) got our big dinner salad made early (lots of veggie washing and chopping) and made a healthy Thai dinner - mushrooms, chicken breast meat, a few carrot slices, onion, peas, coconut milk and lots of curry. Oh- I tossed some mango chunks in there as well. Everything was organic and non-GMO. I had about 1/2 cup of rice with it, and there is enough of everything (except for the salad) to have a repeat dinner tomorrow.

Oops- back to breakfast - I had 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil with spinach and onions, 2 TBL of pico de gallo and some Herbamere seasoning. (I thought it was a great substitute for salt, but finally read the lable to find out what makes it salty. Ummm... that would be sea salt! LOL)

I don't remember lunch, but it is written down in the kitchen. I'm chewing gum now as my tummy is growling at me again. Who will teach my tummy some manners??? I just got so used to those late-night snacks, and now it is up to me to show my tummy who is boss.

Oh- I also exercised and got my Bible study done. Whew!

Last edited by raini; 01-22-2014 at 09:43 PM..
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #693

Quote:
I would send you all my Atkins bars that I don't eat anymore, but they would cost as much to send as they do to buy! LOL But did you know that you can call Atkins once a month and ask for coupons? And you can ask once a year, I think, for a starter kit with free bars and once I got a coupon for a free meal!

I had a crazy-busy day today and had a difficult time staying focused. I'd planned to clean out the 'fridge and also make my veggie juice, but phone calls from the doctor's office led to a bunch of computer stuff and a bunch of phone calls I had to make. Talk about time wasters! Everything I had to do I believe that the nurses are being paid to do. I should have called them on it, but I don't want to make enemies.

I got my juice made, have a bunch of pulp for making muffins (hopefully tomorrow now instead of today,) got our big dinner salad made early (lots of veggie washing and chopping) and made a healthy Thai dinner - mushrooms, chicken breast meat, a few carrot slices, onion, peas, coconut milk and lots of curry. Oh- I tossed some mango chunks in there as well. Everything was organic and non-GMO. I had about 1/2 cup of rice with it, and there is enough of everything (except for the salad) to have a repeat dinner tomorrow.

Oops- back to breakfast - I had 2 eggs cooked in coconut oil with spinach and onions, 2 TBL of pico de gallo and some Herbamere seasoning. (I thought it was a great substitute for salt, but finally read the lable to find out what makes it salty. Ummm... that would be sea salt! LOL)

I don't remember lunch, but it is written down in the kitchen. I'm chewing gum now as my tummy is growling at me again. Who will teach my tummy some manners??? I just got so used to those late-night snacks, and now it is up to me to show my tummy who is boss.

Oh- I also exercised and got my Bible study done. Whew!
busy busy bee
Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #694

Work was slow again today.. did sale one car for cash.. woot woot..

B.. 2 fried eggs in evoo with fire roasted mushrooms... and 3 sausage links

L.. left over lc chili

D.. 1 turkey burger... 1 half of a sweet tater and a nice salad of lettuce.. tomatoes , onions and cheese.. Hidden Valley Ranch dressing

S.. peanut butter and whip cream mixed...

peace out!

Oh Alina graduated from her Navy A-school today.... will be a few weeks before she back home and then she will stay here a week or two.. then off to Washington State to board the USS John C Stennis Carrier... for who knows how long yet ....

Very proud of my baby girl..
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #695
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You SHOULD be proud Lisa!

And very nice menu.... yum. I'm comin' to your house for about 2 years, okay?

I had my Barley Max this morning, followed by a cup of veggie juice for a late breakfast. I think I had a slice of cheese for a snack (written down, but down in the kitchen.) Then I went to get my lunch, crossed it off that I had had it, but got busy doing other things and realized at 5 pm that I never did have my lunch! So I asked DH to bring me another glass of veggie juice to tide me over til dinner since I was busy making an anniversary card for frends.

Dinner was a repeat of last night's dinner - a home made Thai dish that I threw together with stuff we had on hand, and one bite of a dark chocolate bar with rich, organic chocolate.

Sometime during the day I had 6 pecans (raw, soaked and dried) and 7 macadamia nuts.

I exercised today - my 20 minute aerobic video but not on my Rebounder.

I am feeling more energized and getting lots of stuff done.

Have a great Friday tomorrow everyone!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #696

Quote:
You SHOULD be proud Lisa!

And very nice menu.... yum. I'm comin' to your house for about 2 years, okay?

I had my Barley Max this morning, followed by a cup of veggie juice for a late breakfast. I think I had a slice of cheese for a snack (written down, but down in the kitchen.) Then I went to get my lunch, crossed it off that I had had it, but got busy doing other things and realized at 5 pm that I never did have my lunch! So I asked DH to bring me another glass of veggie juice to tide me over til dinner since I was busy making an anniversary card for frends.

Dinner was a repeat of last night's dinner - a home made Thai dish that I threw together with stuff we had on hand, and one bite of a dark chocolate bar with rich, organic chocolate.

Sometime during the day I had 6 pecans (raw, soaked and dried) and 7 macadamia nuts.

I exercised today - my 20 minute aerobic video but not on my Rebounder.

I am feeling more energized and getting lots of stuff done.

Have a great Friday tomorrow everyone!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #697

Menuu

B.. 3 egg western omelet.. mushroom.. motz cheese .. salsa and sour cream.. was very tasty

L.. Arbys deli turkey salad.. ranch..,

D.. will be bacon wrapped chicken breast... Brussels sprouts and a small salad..

I hope that's all

have a good evening all!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #698
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doin' fine today, but behind in my Bible study and still need to get my hair washed and the 'fridge cleaned out. Oh my!

Breakfast was veggie juice. Lunch was a sandwich on gluten-free bread. I had my decaf green tea which is on my list everyday but doesn't often get done. I exercised twice and most of my packing is done for our trip to Portland.

The house is almost clean for our house-and-kitty-sitter. Whew! I still need to finish making an envelope for the anniversary card I made. (It's gorgeous if I do say so myself. LOL)

Somewhat concerned about eating well on our trip, but I did check out the banquet menu and there should be good stuff for me there. I am taking Chia pudding for two breakfasts, but other than that I have no idea what I'll be eating. I don't like that feeling! I get hungry and then don't care what I eat until I start swelling up, breaking out and/or hurting. I could use some prayers people!

I'll check in if I have a chance. Otherwise, talk to y'all next week. Lisa, YOU stay off those freeways, ya hear? Yikes!
Old 01-24-2014, 06:19 PM   #699

Quote:
Doin' fine today, but behind in my Bible study and still need to get my hair washed and the 'fridge cleaned out. Oh my!

Breakfast was veggie juice. Lunch was a sandwich on gluten-free bread. I had my decaf green tea which is on my list everyday but doesn't often get done. I exercised twice and most of my packing is done for our trip to Portland.

The house is almost clean for our house-and-kitty-sitter. Whew! I still need to finish making an envelope for the anniversary card I made. (It's gorgeous if I do say so myself. LOL)

Somewhat concerned about eating well on our trip, but I did check out the banquet menu and there should be good stuff for me there. I am taking Chia pudding for two breakfasts, but other than that I have no idea what I'll be eating. I don't like that feeling! I get hungry and then don't care what I eat until I start swelling up, breaking out and/or hurting. I could use some prayers people!

I'll check in if I have a chance. Otherwise, talk to y'all next week. Lisa, YOU stay off those freeways, ya hear? Yikes!

no worries... I don't drive freeways..lol.. and when it snows... forget-a-bout-it

have fun on your trip and choose wisely !
Old 01-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Will do!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/123/115
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
Finally got caught up here! Monet~Glad you figured out the Lindt bar carb amounts without me

Looks like everyone is doing good. Great job on the exercising! I think I would cry if my doctor made me go off of LC and do some low fat diet. My eating would never stop....would be constantly hungry.

Menus with bananas in them are really making me miss being able to eat them. I wish they weren't so many carbs!!
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Mommy View Post
Finally got caught up here! Monet~Glad you figured out the Lindt bar carb amounts without me

Looks like everyone is doing good. Great job on the exercising! I think I would cry if my doctor made me go off of LC and do some low fat diet. My eating would never stop....would be constantly hungry.

Menus with bananas in them are really making me miss being able to eat them. I wish they weren't so many carbs!!
me too!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #703

Had a higher carb day...

B.. running late.. had cottage cheese and pineapples

L.. Farm fresh roasted turkey salad form Arbys with Buttermilk ranch dressing ..

was starving when I got home.. grabbed a hand full of orange slices ( already peeled in a bag.. )

D.. pork chop made on my George Forman grill.. roasted broccoli with butter sprayed on it and parm cheese

S.. made a protein shake for me and my friend D. ... she's being a stranger on here for some reason :P ...

I am waiting the hubs to get home.. he did some body work on a truck for a friend and painted it.. should be home soon.. I hope.. sweet dreams!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #704

Gallery: dusk
Stats: 345.7/310.4/150 ----> Female: 5'8" (-35.3)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: All my life!
i'm not eating the best . . . just doesn't seem right to be posting when I'm not doing the work . . . will do better . . .
dusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
i'm not eating the best . . . just doesn't seem right to be posting when I'm not doing the work . . . will do better . . .
is it? whyyes it is... Its Duskyyyyy

hello friend... ..

I know you have a lot on your plate ( no pun intended ) .. but do please try to come say hi more often

Old 01-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #706

B.. low carb pan cakes.. sf syrup

L.. wasn't home came home and grabbed orange slices...

D.. sauce-less wings and a salad... well just lettuce and red wine vinaigrette dressing stuff

s.. peanut butter,..

gotta go rinse the color out of my hair..
Old 01-27-2014, 08:53 AM   #707
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monet, even with your higher carb day your food choices were really healthy! I think that's what all of our goals are really...to be the healthiest we can be. I know when I got to maintenance before I had to change my thinking about fruits. They were so much better than grabbing a full out carb. In fact, I could eat them without gaining So, proud of you for grabbing the healthy stuff!!
Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #708
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Edwards20
WOE: LC
Quote:
First of all, I am so glad you took the clothes off your elliptical and not took your clothes off to DO the elliptical. Had to read that twice.
I had to read it twice as well!!

Quote:
I may make Pulp Muffins today if I have time. (I also call them Muffin Lumps because they just stay in whatever position I drop them in the muffin pans - just lumps.) I didn't put any kind of sugar in mine and they were more of a savory biscuit. I made them for Bible Study once and apologized, but the ladies ate them up and asked for the recipe.
Raini, are the muffins hard to make? Are they induction friendly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
Oh Alina graduated from her Navy A-school today.... will be a few weeks before she back home and then she will stay here a week or two.. then off to Washington State to board the USS John C Stennis Carrier... for who knows how long yet ....

Very proud of my baby girl..
Very rarely look at Facebook except on my phone, but I did get to see the pictures!! So awesome!!

Quote:
Monet, even with your higher carb day your food choices were really healthy! I think that's what all of our goals are really...to be the healthiest we can be. I know when I got to maintenance before I had to change my thinking about fruits. They were so much better than grabbing a full out carb. In fact, I could eat them without gaining So, proud of you for grabbing the healthy stuff!!
Beth, thanks for that post. I've never made it that far so I was trying to figure out how they are LC, but I do see they are better than a very high-carb snack.
Edwards20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #709

Thanks Girls...

well I was up 2 pounds for the week.. boo... but I'm moving on.. no dwelling

be back later
Old 01-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #710

Omgoodness... I broke out the Zumba dvds... ,,, this is gonna be hard to learn but fun once I get it down... my knees say STOP... My tail bone area says STP... and my ankles say STP..../ but I say.. hush an just do this!!!

B.. egg salad.. 1 cup ( eggs .. mayo.. dill pickles.. bacon The MIL made this)

L.. chopped lettuce with egg salad on top.. but I added some mustard and a lil salt.. one would think with the bacon it wouldn't need it.. but it was seriously bland..:/.. sliced tomatoes and a lil ranch on the lettuce

D.. 2 cheese hot dogs.. chopped.. with onions.. tomatoes .. mustard relish and cheese ( that white Mexican kind ) .. in low carb wraps..

It's 10:38 and I am doing my best... chewing gum to NOT eat again before bed.. 11:00 bed time... I've got this

On the way home from work, I talked to God .. asked him for his help... he says he will help those who help themselves... but he knows me and knows I need EXTRA help... .. I want to lose this weight.. and I keep losing and gaining the same pounds... I was up 2... I know what I am doing wrong.. I honestly do... so I pray for the desire to get this done.. .. I pray for the strength to do this.. ... They say it's something in your mind... WHAT??? ... what makes me want to eat none stop..?? what makes me want to eat things that's not good for me?? ... I think I deserve to be healthy and look fit...I love my heart... I love the people in my life... WHAT is it??

If I could please get some prayers from you all , that would be great

Thanks for reading....

Last edited by monet0329; 01-28-2014 at 07:45 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #711
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Omgoodness... I broke out the Zumba dvds... ,,, this is gonna be hard to learn but fun once I get it down... my knees say STOP... My tail bone area says STP... and my ankles say STP..../ but I say.. hush an just do this!!!
You know you just got a huge smile from this Zumba fanatic! You go girl!! It does take a while to learn the moves. I'm sure those videos are even harder than my class. Zumba is so much fun!!!

Praying for you !! We all need guidance and direction on why we do the things we do. I know if we seek Him he will let us know. Then, it's up to us to correct and heal those issues. That's the tough stuff! I believe in you...you can do it!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:19 AM   #712

Quote:
You know you just got a huge smile from this Zumba fanatic! You go girl!! It does take a while to learn the moves. I'm sure those videos are even harder than my class. Zumba is so much fun!!!

Praying for you !! We all need guidance and direction on why we do the things we do. I know if we seek Him he will let us know. Then, it's up to us to correct and heal those issues. That's the tough stuff! I believe in you...you can do it!
Thanks Beth!!!

I absolutely love to dance and when I was young.. I was pretty good at it.. even won some first place wards ... but I'll tell ya when your a plus size woman... you just cant move the way you used to... as fast and all that.... but I'll get there ! there IS a dancer in me

made an omelet made with onions.. celery.. green peppers.. mushrooms and 2 eggs with a tad of sour cream...

Lunch will be some lc broccoli cheese soup.. made it last night so I'd have it today... ... gonna have to start making a double batch or something.. the MIL loves it as well.. so that only gives me 1 bowl.. boo..lol

dinner.. date night,. I'll let ya'll know
Old 01-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That broccoli cheese soup sounds soooo good right now!!! Please share your recipe!!! Doing great!! Have a fun date night!
Old 01-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #714

Quote:
That broccoli cheese soup sounds soooo good right now!!! Please share your recipe!!! Doing great!! Have a fun date night!

.. 1 tbsp. butter..
1 tbsp. chopped onions
1 tsp chopped garlic
2 cups of broccoli florets ( fresh)... but I am gonna try frozen text time.. will just have to cook longer.. or set out before hand? )

cook all this together for about 4 minutes...

add.. 2 1/2 cups of low sodium chicken broth...

cook for about 4 to 5 minutes

reduce heat and take out half of it and but in blender... ( I just used an emulsifier (sp?) ) ... blend then add back in to heat up

add 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream... heat up..

then take 8 slices of Krafts singles ... one at a time.. let melt and whisk in.. repeat with all 8...

serve with slices of cheese if you like..

delish! .. enjoy!

Last edited by monet0329; 01-29-2014 at 06:30 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #715
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks I can't wait to make it!! Hope you are having a fab day!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #716

Quote:
Thanks I can't wait to make it!! Hope you are having a fab day!
any time
Old 01-31-2014, 07:59 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
I'm happy to see you no matter what!
Old 01-31-2014, 08:07 PM   #718
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Odd day... fasted until after 11 am because I had lab work to do this morning. They never bothered telling me to fast, but I did "just in case" and turned out I WAS supposed to. Thank you Lord! That two ferry rides and 60 round-trip miles not wasted!

After the blood work, I bought a hot dog and had that with mustard. No bun or any other condiments. Sweet thing was they subtracted the cost of the bun and I didn't even ask them to!

We didn't get lunch until nearly 3 pm. Stopped at Applebee's and I had a romaine house salad, no croutons; a steak, mushrooms, onions and red potatoes. Should have skipped the potatoes but they were truly better than the steak.

Got home around 6 pm and I had an 8 Veggie Salad and added some Thai Lime cashews to that. Trying to drink more water now that we aren't on a freeway or ferry!

I did exercise this morning before my appointment! I was dressed and almost ready to go, DH was out in the garage or somewhere, I saw my Rebounder and thought "Why Not?" It felt good. I also wore my walking shoes and pretty much power-walked everywhere we went today: Dr.'s office, healthy co-op, Trader Joe's, Fred Meyer (Kroger's). Someone in the ferry line said "You are looking great! Are you feeling better?" LOL Here my kidneys and heart are failing and someone tells me I'm looking great. Go figure!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #719

Quote:
Odd day... fasted until after 11 am because I had lab work to do this morning. They never bothered telling me to fast, but I did "just in case" and turned out I WAS supposed to. Thank you Lord! That two ferry rides and 60 round-trip miles not wasted!

After the blood work, I bought a hot dog and had that with mustard. No bun or any other condiments. Sweet thing was they subtracted the cost of the bun and I didn't even ask them to!

We didn't get lunch until nearly 3 pm. Stopped at Applebee's and I had a romaine house salad, no croutons; a steak, mushrooms, onions and red potatoes. Should have skipped the potatoes but they were truly better than the steak.

Got home around 6 pm and I had an 8 Veggie Salad and added some Thai Lime cashews to that. Trying to drink more water now that we aren't on a freeway or ferry!

I did exercise this morning before my appointment! I was dressed and almost ready to go, DH was out in the garage or somewhere, I saw my Rebounder and thought "Why Not?" It felt good. I also wore my walking shoes and pretty much power-walked everywhere we went today: Dr.'s office, healthy co-op, Trader Joe's, Fred Meyer (Kroger's). Someone in the ferry line said "You are looking great! Are you feeling better?" LOL Here my kidneys and heart are failing and someone tells me I'm looking great. Go figure!
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #720
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Edwards20
WOE: LC
Quote:
On the way home from work, I talked to God .. asked him for his help... he says he will help those who help themselves... but he knows me and knows I need EXTRA help... .. I want to lose this weight.. and I keep losing and gaining the same pounds... I was up 2... I know what I am doing wrong.. I honestly do... so I pray for the desire to get this done.. .. I pray for the strength to do this.. ... They say it's something in your mind... WHAT??? ... what makes me want to eat none stop..?? what makes me want to eat things that's not good for me?? ... I think I deserve to be healthy and look fit...I love my heart... I love the people in my life... WHAT is it??

If I could please get some prayers from you all , that would be great

Thanks for reading....
So, I was born/called to EAT!! That is the sinful desire I must fight everyday!! Sometimes I conquer it, sometimes I don't. Mostly because I try to do it my way. I will pray for you!!! Love you.

Quote:
and added some Thai Lime cashews to that.
So ... do tell!! Thai Lime cashews? Sounds amazing ....
Edwards20 is offline   Reply With Quote