Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk View Post
I thought you could use some cheering up today. It's funny because I almost burst into tears as I was buying them.
aww.. they smell so go0o0ood
..Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I have my shaw on as well.. its a tad chilly in here today..:/
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #32

Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #33

Gallery: dusk
Stats: See avatar ----> Female: 5'8"
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: All my life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monet0329 View Post
aww.. they smell so go0o0ood
..Thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I have my shaw on as well.. its a tad chilly in here today..:/
oh grrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . i forgot to smell them!

Quote:
that is so cool . . . yes you can!
dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #34

Quote:
oh grrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . i forgot to smell them!

that is so cool . . . yes you can!
well, they smell heavenly
Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #35

Free night tonight . . . dinner and a movie. Went to a Mexican restaurant I've never been to before. Very nice . . .

Movie: Skyfall. I didn't like it. Thought about walking out, but I paid for it so I stayed. Couldn't connect with the characters . . .

Back at it tomorrow and off to the gym when i wake up tomorrow. I have GOT to start doing cardio again. I'm seriously dreading this . . . I hate going through all that pain . . .
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #36

Quote:
Free night tonight . . . dinner and a movie. Went to a Mexican restaurant I've never been to before. Very nice . . .

Movie: Skyfall. I didn't like it. Thought about walking out, but I paid for it so I stayed. Couldn't connect with the characters . . .

Back at it tomorrow and off to the gym when i wake up tomorrow. I have GOT to start doing cardio again. I'm seriously dreading this . . . I hate going through all that pain . . .
FREE NIGHT.. is on SATURDAY :P.. or so I thought.. lol

sorry you didn't like your movie.. :/

as you can prolly tell.. free night has been every night.. my mind is just not all the way in it.. :/ .. to much stuff on my mind...ugh.. but this doesn't mean YOU cannot continue to do well ..... I'll get there..
Old 11-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #37

Free night is usually on the weekends, but i wanted to go to a movie and it ddn't start until later, so dinner and a movie it was.

Did well today . . . except on my water... the last couple of days have been horrible on my water intake. Work has been getting in the way. Tomorrow it will be better. Things will settle down tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #38

wanted to share...

Old 12-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #39

Man, Lisa! That was powerful! CAn't help but cry over that one.

On that note, I lost 3.9 pounds this week, 3/4 inches off waist and 1 inch off hips. Most surprising to me, I tell you.

Spent all day at the hospital today . . . my friend who is only 54 had a triple bypass done one her . . . walking into ICU and seeing her with tubes running out of her chest from various angles . . . seeing all the bags hanging around her bed . . . watching her trying to breathe in a big enough breath only to wince in extreme pain . . . its a real eye-opener. I NEVER want to have to go through that. I never want to have someone crack open my chest cavity to work on my heart like that . . .

It would be one thing if her body just broke down and they had to go in and fix it. But she did it to herself with an unhealthy lifestyle. She told me years ago when she started having problems with reflux that she didn't care and that she'd eat whatever she wanted. But one day a couple of months ago, her legs swelled up like tree trunks and she couldn't bend her legs. Going to the doctor she found out she had developed diabetes. She had developed high blood pressure. She had almost totally clogged 3 arteries in her heart.

Watching her lying there . . . was a rude awakening . . . she did it to herself . . . she did it to herself . . .
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #40

Quote:
Man, Lisa! That was powerful! CAn't help but cry over that one.

On that note, I lost 3.9 pounds this week, 3/4 inches off waist and 1 inch off hips. Most surprising to me, I tell you.

Spent all day at the hospital today . . . my friend who is only 54 had a triple bypass done one her . . . walking into ICU and seeing her with tubes running out of her chest from various angles . . . seeing all the bags hanging around her bed . . . watching her trying to breathe in a big enough breath only to wince in extreme pain . . . its a real eye-opener. I NEVER want to have to go through that. I never want to have someone crack open my chest cavity to work on my heart like that . . .

It would be one thing if her body just broke down and they had to go in and fix it. But she did it to herself with an unhealthy lifestyle. She told me years ago when she started having problems with reflux that she didn't care and that she'd eat whatever she wanted. But one day a couple of months ago, her legs swelled up like tree trunks and she couldn't bend her legs. Going to the doctor she found out she had developed diabetes. She had developed high blood pressure. She had almost totally clogged 3 arteries in her heart.

Watching her lying there . . . was a rude awakening . . . she did it to herself . . . she did it to herself . . .
I can relate.. seeing my mom and dad both go through this.. .. and at the time, I felt the same way... but sadly my addiction hasn't stopped me..THATS the sad part..

I am happy she made it through it all ok.. and I pray for a speedy recovery..

gotta work
Old 12-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #41

Diet Soda and Weight Gain

Researchers found that the diet soda drinkers had waist circumference increases of 70 percent greater than those who non-diet soda drinkers. And people who drank diet soda the most frequently -- at least two diet sodas a day -- had waist circumference increases that were 500 percent greater than people who didn't drink any diet soda, the study said.

Artificial sugar didn't produce any better results in the second study in mice. Researchers for this study found that diabetes-prone mice that were fed a diet that included aspartame for three months, had higher blood glucose levels than mice not given aspartame.

This isn't the first news illuminating diet soda's health risks. A study published earlier this year found people who drink the beverage every day have a higher stroke and heart attack risks. And UK researchers found earlier this month that sugary drinks can dull taste buds, leading consumers to crave the sweet stuff even more.
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
Old 12-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #42

checkin in.. crazy busy this time of year.. :/ hope all is well.. we had a Birthday last week..Ms. Raini.. Happy belated sweetie!!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #43

Well, i forgot to post my stats last week . . . sorry. I was spending much time with my friend in hospital and posting never really entered my consciousness.

Last week was a joke when it came to eating. I was more worried about my friend than eating. . . that is until Friday. I didn't want to get away from eating healthy, so I re-commited myself and started eating right again.

So last Monday saw a 3.5 lb gain. No worries . . . I got on the scale this morning and it's back down. Mostly water gain I suppose because the last couple of days I've been eliminating that water quite regularly.

Had girls night last night at Lisa Monet's house. Went well. I was still able to stick to my diet even though I had originally said Sat. nights would be free night. I think free nights really help to sabotage my efforts, so I'm really working hard not to cheat.

Last edited by dusk; 12-16-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Well, i forgot to post my stats last week . . . sorry. I was spending much time with my friend in hospital and posting never really entered my consciousness.

Last week was a joke when it came to eating. I was more worried about my friend than eating. . . that is until Friday. I didn't want to get away from eating healthy, so I re-commited myself and started eating right again.

So last Monday saw a 3.5 lb gain. No worries . . . I got on the scale this morning and it's back down. Mostly water gain I suppose because the last couple of days I've been eliminating that water quite regularly.

Had girls night last night at Lisa Monet's house. Went well. I was still able to stick to my diet even though I had originally said Sat. nights would be free night. I think free nights really help to sabotage my efforts, so I'm really working hard not to cheat.
you did fantastic dahling ...me.. not so much..:/
Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #45

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ✰ ⋯
⋰ ⋮ ⋱
….| _▄▄_
….|.(◑ჴ◑)
….|..▶★◀
…↺(_____)↺
….|(______)
★ ⋰⋱ ★ ⋰⋱ ★ ⋰⋱ wanted to share a snow man.. not that I want snow.. this is good for me..lol
Old 12-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #46

Yeah, me no want snow either, but it's inevitable I suppose . . . .

The scale numbers held from yesterday. Down 6.2 pounds from last week. It's so cool how the body's cells will let go of a ton of water that you've been holding onto when you stop eating chips and fast food.

Don't really have much to say except it's nice to see the numbers falling again. OH! I forgot to take my measurements! Be right back!

Have lost 1.5 inches off my waist . . . not sure what's going on with my apron, but I'm up one inch there and down one inch in my hips.

Okay . . . gotta go now. TTFN
Old 12-18-2012, 01:28 PM   #47

Quote:
Yeah, me no want snow either, but it's inevitable I suppose . . . .

The scale numbers held from yesterday. Down 6.2 pounds from last week. It's so cool how the body's cells will let go of a ton of water that you've been holding onto when you stop eating chips and fast food.

Don't really have much to say except it's nice to see the numbers falling again. OH! I forgot to take my measurements! Be right back!

Have lost 1.5 inches off my waist . . . not sure what's going on with my apron, but I'm up one inch there and down one inch in my hips.

Okay . . . gotta go now. TTFN
.. yeah.. I love that first week :P
Old 12-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #48

Old 12-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #49

good one!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #50

Quote:
good one!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #51

I left the house today without eating breakfast . . . without snacks . . . and without lunch. I had to stop at hardees and get something to eat . . . got off work and caved to the taco bell crave.

I WILL be more prepared tomorrow! The doctor I saw yesterday scared the beegeebers out of me! He convinced me that I really need to get 8 hours of sleep a night instead of the 3-5 I'm now getting.

I'm a little mad at myself for doing this today, but no since in dwelling on the past . . . what's done is done. I can't undo it, I can only move forward and try to fix the damage that has already been done . . . you know . . . forgive yourself and move on type attitude . . .

Old 12-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #52

Quote:
I left the house today without eating breakfast . . . without snacks . . . and without lunch. I had to stop at hardees and get something to eat . . . got off work and caved to the taco bell crave.

I WILL be more prepared tomorrow! The doctor I saw yesterday scared the beegeebers out of me! He convinced me that I really need to get 8 hours of sleep a night instead of the 3-5 I'm now getting.

I'm a little mad at myself for doing this today, but no since in dwelling on the past . . . what's done is done. I can't undo it, I can only move forward and try to fix the damage that has already been done . . . you know . . . forgive yourself and move on type attitude . . .

good attitude girly!!.. live and learn!!.. you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #53

Quote:

I keep thinking if little Darian has scaring on his 10 year old liver.. what does mine look like? I've been putting my body thru this for well over 20..
Old 12-31-2012, 06:00 AM   #54

LET THE COUNTDOWN TO THE 2013 NEW YEAR BEGIN ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  ¸ .   °  ¸. * ● ¸ .    ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ ° . • °   .  * :. . ¸ . ● ¸  ★  ★☾ °★ . .  °☆  . ● ¸ .   ★ ° .  • ○ ° ★  . * .  ☾ °  ¸. * ● ¸ ° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★   YOU HAVE BEEN Sprinkled with BLESSINGS of PEACE, LOVE, HEALTH and HAPPINESS! NOW ... PLEASE ... GO FORTH AND SPRINKLE OTHER PEOPLE TOO!★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆  . * ● ¸ .   ★ ° :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * .      .   °  . ● .    ° ☾ °☆  ¸. ● .  ★  ★ ° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .  * . .  A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS

Tomorrow it all begins Happy New Year friends !!!
Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 AM   #55

OK.. today it starts!!.. back on FULL on.. checked blood sugar and its at 229.. .. lets begin to watch that go down!!!

have company so I must go..

Lets get this done once and for all !! New Year.. New me !!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #56

So I have decided to do low carb with fruit every now and then.. but not for a while..I am going to do my very best to drink a gallon of water a day.. already have half down for today.. .. 2 eggs and 1 sausage patty was for brekki around 10.. not hungry yet.. so I will wait to eat.. I also want to work on that as well.. no eating unless I FEEL hungry.. but not starving..lol..water should help me with that !..

while its snowey and cold outside , I will do my walking video or some other video to get me moving..

I know I have said it many times since 2006 when I have joined.. but I will not give up.. its sad to think its been so long and I am right back to where I started.. well.. 5 pounds away from my highest..

well, gonna get.. best of luck to all..
Old 01-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #57

wanted to share.. Celebrate 2013: New Year, New You! | The Oz Blog
Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: raini
WOE: mostly raw vegan
Start Date: February 2013
Quote:
So I have decided to do low carb with fruit every now and then.. but not for a while..I am going to do my very best to drink a gallon of water a day.. already have half down for today.. .. 2 eggs and 1 sausage patty was for brekki around 10.. not hungry yet.. so I will wait to eat.. I also want to work on that as well.. no eating unless I FEEL hungry.. but not starving..lol..water should help me with that !..

while its snowey and cold outside , I will do my walking video or some other video to get me moving..

I know I have said it many times since 2006 when I have joined.. but I will not give up.. its sad to think its been so long and I am right back to where I started.. well.. 5 pounds away from my highest..

well, gonna get.. best of luck to all..
Here I am! Count me in!!!

I have not got on the scales. I'm afraid the results will scare me and discourage me from even trying. But I will weigh myself either in a week or two. I know... it doesn't make sense. But when I am doing well, I want to do even better. When I'm not doing well, I just throw in the towel and eat to comfort myself.

Thanks for the reminder on the water. That was part of today's plan and I haven't even started on that yet.

We are GONNA do this!!!!
raini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by raini View Post
Here I am! Count me in!!!

I have not got on the scales. I'm afraid the results will scare me and discourage me from even trying. But I will weigh myself either in a week or two. I know... it doesn't make sense. But when I am doing well, I want to do even better. When I'm not doing well, I just throw in the towel and eat to comfort myself.

Thanks for the reminder on the water. That was part of today's plan and I haven't even started on that yet.

We are GONNA do this!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #60

Brekki was 2 eggs and 1 round sausage patty..
Lunch.. salad.. lettuce.. can of tuna.. half a tomato..pinch of sunflower seeds..6 black olives.. and 3 baby gherkins(sp?) pickles.. red wine vinagertte dressing..
Dinner.. cabbage and smoked sausage..

and I will have a gallon of water down before I go to bed..

TTFN..