Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbine
Stats: 6'7, 360 down to 280 so far.
WOE: Count Nothing | Low Carb | Cheat Often
My Story

I had chest pains, extreme fatigue, and girlfriend trouble. I had a blood pressure reading of 171/110 the day before I started my diet. I'm sure my blood sugar was terrible. My diet was sodas, half of a pizza, buffets, 4 McDoubles with a large soda, microwave burritos, Wolf chili by the can, donuts or similar for breakfast, and candy for snacks. BMI was 40.

I started low carb 9 weeks ago and have lost 50 pounds. My diet is 75% chicken salads, and 25% the other stuff like jerky, pork rines, water, diet soda, fajitas, turkey burgers without buns, cheddar, onions, bell peppers, tuna, and eggs, and a multivitamin. I don't currently exercise, but I have good intentions. I want to see the new Kevin James movie as motivation. I know he gained it all back, but he admits he derailed. I have more willpower than that. Recent blood pressure reading was 135/85 which is the lowest I have seen in 15 years. BMI is 35.

I feel more in control of my body. I haven't had chest pains. I have more energy. I pay a little more for groceries but eat less and eat out less therefor saving money. I know that my health will cost less in the long run if I get healthy. I still have girlfriend problems, but I have noticed more attention from other girls with potential. It saddens me to say that she was my double motivation for losing weight. Partly because she is my reason to live a long healthy life, and partly because I want to have more potential if it doesn't work out with her.

I am open to suggestion on zero or low carb bachelor foods. I hate wasting time cooking, and as you can see nothing in my diet takes much prep.
LowCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Z
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Z
Stats: 350/250.0/155
WOE: Permanent Induction
Start Date: September 2012
I can relate. I'm living alone right now, and it's hard to bring myself to cook just for myself. Eggs have been great for me. Filling, practically carb-free, cheap, and easy to cook if you have a non-stick skillet and some butter. I like 'em fried over medium-well.

I know it's a bit more work to cook an egg and clean a pan, but it's worth a small amount of effort to enjoy a warm meal.

Summer sausage and smoked sharp cheddar cheese are helpful for snacks - but you've got to read the label and do a bit of math. If you have the time to smoke a pork shoulder, pulled pork is filling and easy to reheat. If you don't have a smoker, foil it and cook it at 225 all day or until the meat hits 190. Should take 8 hours cooking, 3 hours to rest the meat before pulling. That's a lot of work up front, but will feed you for a week. Freeze half of it and it might feed you for two weeks.
Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
giJ
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: giJ
Stats: Size 18W+/8
WOE: My own - low carb, high fat, calorie controlled
Start Date: You mean this time? 9 Jan 2012
Low carb bachelorette style - and I'm sure it'll translate well to bachelor style - and how I lost all my early weight, until it became more natural for me.

Meat of any kind, seasoned (garlic powder, salt, pepper, etc, as you like), on a George Foreman Grill. Depending on the type of meat, thickness, and how you like it done, 3-8 minutes to cook.

While cooking, Frozen veggies in the microwave. I like Green Giant's "Healthy Colors" line. Each bag is 2 servings, so I have half for lunch, half for dinner.

Dinner, fresh, healthy, in under 10 minutes. (And since meat generally tastes better after "resting" for a minute or two, when you take the meat off the grill, take a few damp paper towels, run it over the grill, and voila! clean up is done.)

Dieting to look good in cute clothes. Exercising to look good without them
---
I can do Hard Things.
giJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: h82bl8
Stats: 220/170
WOE: what works for me
Start Date: Apr. 2013
Low carb married style - if you have a "Mega" whole sale store they sell pre cooked, frozen chicken breasts - but watch the nutrional info - you can find some that are zero carb. Pre-cooked shrimp with the white bar-b-que sauce that you can find in the recipe room. You can take 3-4 hours out of one of your days off and cook 3-4 meals that could last a month or more. As I have learned, a little prep up front makes this woe A LOT easier.
h82bl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
I'm not a bachelor but my wife and I each have our own woe so i shop and prepare my own meals.
I'm a big fan of eggs. scrambled with some half and half into a bowl w/veggies
I buy at least one cooked rotisserie chicken a week.
I love bacon. it microwaves beautifully, and goes well with most anything.
I also have been buying those cans of salmon with some of the carteledge in it.
I just empty the can into a plate and nuke it up. then pour a little bleu cheese dressing over it. and voila! dinner.
Bubba burgers go on the barbeque still frozen..easy quick and deelish
birds eye frozen veggies....I use either normandy or california blend. nuke em.
lots of easy low carb food out there, just don't expect to find it in the same aisles your used to shopping in.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

I bought a nice stainless steel skillet, but it's a pita to cook eggs in. I'll cook up sausage fajitas and take portions of it and scramble eggs into it. It's easy and delicious. I buy precooked boneless skinless chicken breast to microwave for salads. I cook seasoned turkey burgers on the George Foreman that come vacuum sealed in packs of two. I tend to overeat if I cook for future meals.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gretalyn
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: off and on since 2004, on to stay since March 2011
First of all, congratulations on your success so far! 50 pounds in 9 weeks?!? Amazing!

I can't think of many more suggestions besides what's been mentioned, regarding bachelor foods, but I did want to mention one favorite of mine and my daughter that requires no preparation or cooking at all: a package of those thin slices of smoked salmon, some cream cheese, and some capers. Absolutely delicious!
Gretalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Love&Luck
Stats: (229) 181/153.5/140 5'4"
WOE: General LC (under 30 net)
Start Date: yep
I know what you mean about the egg cleanup in a stainless skillet -- even with the butter it's still a mess. That's the only time I'll use a non-stick -- I buy the less expensive ones and replace frequently.

And..

Love&Luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Stay away from polyunsaturated fats. Make sure the fat is mostly saturated or monounsaturated.

Deli meats and cheeses are good if you are careful about marinades that might have been used.

Pre-cooked meats, like sauce-less BBQ, can be good.

Keep your fat intake up. It is real easy to slide into a high protein, moderate to low fat, low carb woe and that will stall you eventually.

Organic coconut oil is wonderful. I end my eating day several hours before bedtime with a tbs and have it in my morning coffee and I cook with the refined version whenever possible. Great, amazingly healthy, stuff. I buy the Nutiva brand EVCO.

Last edited by reddarin; 11-02-2012 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: clarity about the end of day CO
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lterry913
Stats: 5' 11" 238/174/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 12/1/2010
Coconut oil works great for cooking eggs with no stick...you can get refined and it has no coconut oil taste...butter burns so if you want something not to stick use oil...then melt the butter over it when done...mmmmmmmmmm
lterry913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
rotisserie chickens are the easiest thing, and yummy. I am hoping my blood pressure comes down. I've had to start taking medicine for it. I've been on low carb for one month but no change yet
Jennyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Annabel Lee
Stats: 278/190/174 for now
WOE: Gary Taubes inspired LC
Start Date: May 24, 2011
50 pounds in 9 weeks
Wow!!!!!!
I would say you know what you are doing and it is working for you!!!!!

I am not a bachelor, kind of the opposite, Wife and Mother.
I have found that sometimes that taking two slices of pepperoni and putting cream between them to make a cream cheese and pepperoni sandwich is a lifesaver.
It can be a quick snack or several can make a small meal.
Keep up the good work.
Annabel Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qwertyui
Stats: 231/212/175
WOE: Induction!
Start Date: restarting January 1, 2013
I cook for me and my DH. I always cook at least 3 to 4 times what we need. Whether it's a huge pot of chili, or soup, which I will freeze half of. I always cook at least 6 chicken breasts at a time, perfect for salads or just snacking on with a little mayo, boil 6 to 8 eggs at a time and keep in the fridge. If you are going to go to the effort for a little, do a lot. It's amazing when you are tired, and don't want to cook, you can pull something homemade, and lowcarb out of the freezer and just defrost and eat. There are tons of tricks here!
qwertyui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
What I do is cook a big portion of pork shoulder, pot roast, or ham. Once it is cook, I can then use it for a whole week. For example, I mix pot roast with eggs for breakfast. I fry it up and put it on top of a salad for lunch. For dinner I warm it up and eat it with vegetables. I grab some out cold and eat it for a snack. I do the same for pork and ham. If you cook it up on the weekend, it only takes a couple of minutes to heat it up and have it ready to go.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margame
Stats: size 1x/2x ---> 12 and shrinking (5'7")
WOE: lc:>10%c/20-30%p/60-70%f
Start Date: jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
What I do is cook a big portion of pork shoulder, pot roast, or ham. Once it is cook, I can then use it for a whole week. For example, I mix pot roast with eggs for breakfast. I fry it up and put it on top of a salad for lunch. For dinner I warm it up and eat it with vegetables. I grab some out cold and eat it for a snack. I do the same for pork and ham. If you cook it up on the weekend, it only takes a couple of minutes to heat it up and have it ready to go.
i do much the same; cook extra meat on the weekends with the weekend meals for my weekday meals and it's always handy when i get peckish. i work a split-shift so my main meal is at lunch; way too tired to eat much more than a small snack at night.

check out djfoodie's blog for great, easy recipes: djfoodie
try his bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with mustard sauce - sublime!!!
margame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UpErMei
Stats: 158/165/128
Your story is a great one. TY for sharing and congrats! Keep up the good work!
UpErMei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CurlyGirly
Stats: 212/199.0/150
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 2012
Congratulations on your loss so far! Whatever you are doing it working for ya!!
CurlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: readyfredy
Stats: 178.9/168/125
WOE: 20-30 Net Carbs per day
Start Date: 4/4/13
Congrats! I have a bag of shredded cheese in the fridge at all times (check carb count, some have carby fillers). Good to sprinkle over meats and eggs or just fry (mmmm).

Lots of eggs.

My new favorite "treat" is half cream cheese and half natural peanut butter, microwaved till soft (about 10 seconds for a small portion) and stirred. I add chia seeds, sweetner or coconut oil depending what I feel like. It tastes like PB frosting and I find I lose really well on the days I eat it. I do watch my portions with it!

Also - if you get bored - try spices. They really change the flavor so even if you are eating the same thing, its not boring!

Good luck and great job!
readyfredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
giJ, LOVE your tagline
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Came back to update. 80 pounds down. In the months I have been on low carb I have only had two weeks where, one week I stalled and one week I gained 1 pound by engorging at three buffets during my birthday week. I am single now, and after I spent a few weeks to overcome loneliness I am now euphoric on a daily basis. A guy at work said to be happy I had to become a master of my own emotion first, then life will present me someone to make me happy. It sounded impossible at the time. I now have mental clarity. I am writing a book. I plan on starting a business very soon. Everyone around me has a better day because of the positivity I shower them with. My old boss says I went from being just a computer guy to sounding like a motivational speaker. I hope everyone is doing well with their new year's resolutions. Last year my goals were to be successful with my education, career, savings, credit score, and weight loss. I smashed those goals out of the park. This year my goal is to find happiness and/or a million dollars, and right now I'm trying to figure out which one will be easier to obtain. BMI is down from 40.6 to 31.5. I am considering doing that Healthy Wage thing where you have 1 year to go from a 30+ to a 25 or whatever it is. You bet $300 to win $1000. Money is a great motivator, especially for a goal that I want to accomplish either way.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome news...I am so glad you got back to let us know how things are going...sounds as if you have learned a lot in the past few months...others can only add to your happiness...they shouldn't be the whole reason for it. Great job so far and keep us posted on which you achieve first, the happiness or the million. I think a combo deal would be best haha.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

I have found happiness, but I guess what I meant to say is a female who would complete my happiness. I have a few ideas that will get me a million in less than two years. It's just hard to make something from nothing. The first one will take off in a few weeks. I hope it works, because the other one will put me in the Middle East on civilian contract, but I will obtain otherwise unobtainable investment capital compared to doing anything for one year.

Last edited by LowCarbine; 02-13-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbine View Post
I have found happiness, but I guess what I meant to say is a female who would complete my happiness. I have a few ideas that will get me a million in less than two years. It's just hard to make something from nothing. The first one will take off in a few weeks. I hope it works, because the other one will put me in the Middle East on civilian contract, but I will obtain otherwise unobtainable investment capital compared to doing anything for one year.
Well good luck to you on both ventures...business and companionship...once you are happy with yourself others will find you irresistible
Old 02-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Some already find me irresistible. The problem is the quantity of qualified female companions in my town is disheartening. I'm not picky per se. I just don't like the type of girl who wouldn't give me attention when I was fat and broke now that I have overcome that part of my life. I also don't like the type of girl who isn't at least half as motivated to be the best her that she can be similar to how I am conquering my weaknesses. I don't have baggage or bad habits. The relationships I have had have been long and meaningful. I don't like TV, especially reality TV, or name brands. I am anti-consumerism. I don't want children, but love could change my mind. I feel the same about marriage. This is not a dating forum. I'm rambling.

Turkey burger salad with mustard and lettuce for dinner via my trusty George Foreman grill and Larry the Cable Guy seasonings.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Quote:
Came back to update. 80 pounds down. In the months I have been on low carb I have only had two weeks where, one week I stalled and one week I gained 1 pound by engorging at three buffets during my birthday week. I am single now, and after I spent a few weeks to overcome loneliness I am now euphoric on a daily basis. A guy at work said to be happy I had to become a master of my own emotion first, then life will present me someone to make me happy. It sounded impossible at the time. I now have mental clarity. I am writing a book. I plan on starting a business very soon. Everyone around me has a better day because of the positivity I shower them with. My old boss says I went from being just a computer guy to sounding like a motivational speaker. I hope everyone is doing well with their new year's resolutions. Last year my goals were to be successful with my education, career, savings, credit score, and weight loss. I smashed those goals out of the park. This year my goal is to find happiness and/or a million dollars, and right now I'm trying to figure out which one will be easier to obtain. BMI is down from 40.6 to 31.5. I am considering doing that Healthy Wage thing where you have 1 year to go from a 30+ to a 25 or whatever it is. You bet $300 to win $1000. Money is a great motivator, especially for a goal that I want to accomplish either way.
This post is amazing.. I can feel your excitement thru your words.. I think your boss is right about being the motivational speaker !

Keep the enthusiasm and you'll keep the momentum. Oh and its true about cultivating happiness FOR yourself then someone or many someones show up to enjoy and add to that happiness. I think it's a universal law or something!
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Some already find me irresistible. The problem is the quantity of qualified female companions in my town is disheartening. I'm not picky per se. I just don't like the type of girl who wouldn't give me attention when I was fat and broke now that I have overcome that part of my life. I also don't like the type of girl who isn't at least half as motivated to be the best her that she can be similar to how I am conquering my weaknesses. I don't have baggage or bad habits. The relationships I have had have been long and meaningful. I don't like TV, especially reality TV, or name brands. I am anti-consumerism. I don't want children, but love could change my mind. I feel the same about marriage.
Maybe this won't apply to you but I'm sure it applies to a lot of us fat guys that lose weight and make other changes in our lives.

Are you giving these ladies a fair shake?

The fact is that most very overweight people are not very attractive and it isn't just because of their girth. They grow a bad self-image thanks to the mainstream portrayal of rail thinness and muscularity as sexy. Very overweight people also tend to have low self-esteem. In short, the fat part of them is probably the most attractive part.

And you might rethink your assumptions about why a woman might find you attractive now when they didn't when you were fat. I doubt losing weigh turned you into Cary Grant. Think about that. No doubt you are physically more attractive. BUT. What women find attractive is the fact that you met a huge personal challenge and kicked its butt. A man that can do that is a man in which women see a lot of other qualities not the least of which is drive.

You've already said that you turned your life around and that everyone around you notices. You don't think that those women notice that too? They are not attracted to your new found thinness. They are attracted to your new found you.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #27

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/155 169.4 VFT!
WOE: Weight loss surgery (VSG) + Low Carb + Exercise
Start Date: 1998; Restart May 2007 @355; WLS March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Maybe this won't apply to you but I'm sure it applies to a lot of us fat guys that lose weight and make other changes in our lives.

Are you giving these ladies a fair shake?

The fact is that most very overweight people are not very attractive and it isn't just because of their girth. They grow a bad self-image thanks to the mainstream portrayal of rail thinness and muscularity as sexy. Very overweight people also tend to have low self-esteem. In short, the fat part of them is probably the most attractive part.

And you might rethink your assumptions about why a woman might find you attractive now when they didn't when you were fat. I doubt losing weigh turned you into Cary Grant. Think about that. No doubt you are physically more attractive. BUT. What women find attractive is the fact that you met a huge personal challenge and kicked its butt. A man that can do that is a man in which women see a lot of other qualities not the least of which is drive.

You've already said that you turned your life around and that everyone around you notices. You don't think that those women notice that too? They are not attracted to your new found thinness. They are attracted to your new found you.
LowCarbine, sounds like you're happier and more confident.... that is much more attractive and attention-grabbing than less-happy and less-confident.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

I have always been confident and had success with the ladies. I haven't been single for any of my young adult life until the past two months. I just don't like fake people. I don't want attention from that kind of girl. I also don't want someone with baggage. I'd give anyone a chance who'd give me a chance though. I'm not shallow. The girls in my area in their early 20s can't even spell the word priorities, much less apply the word to their life. The two "sexy" by mainstream definition girls I have given a chance recently have both been stupid gold diggers. That doesn't create a bias against those "sexy" girls, but it is what it is.

Yes, I feel like I gave these ladies a fair shake until they tried to shake the money tree. Example 1, "Hey. Wanna hang out? No, I don't really want to watch a movie. I want to go to the casino, but I don't have any money." Example 2, "I need to go to the store to buy a bear for my mom for Valentine's. You don't mind giving me a ride right? OH! Look at this huge cute puppy! It's only $26, buy it for me!" I ended up buying her mom's bear too. I don't think I will ever talk to her again, but she can keep that oversized puppy to remember me by. ;D

New goal. Strict diet to see how fast I can get down to 270.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

"I have always been confident and had success with the ladies."

It probably did sound like I was saying that but your fat successful love life is neither here nor there. You've changed and your point of view has changed:

You:

Quote:
A guy at work said to be happy I had to become a master of my own emotion first, then life will present me someone to make me happy. It sounded impossible at the time. I now have mental clarity. I am writing a book. I plan on starting a business very soon. Everyone around me has a better day because of the positivity I shower them with. My old boss says I went from being just a computer guy to sounding like a motivational speaker
If all of that is the case then you are a different person now and your expectations concerning women has changed too. You never bought anything for any of your previous girlfriends? If the women you are going out with now as opposed to then are shallow vapid gold diggers who is responsible for going out with them? Did your boss give you a 200% raise or something? You aren't wealthy yet, right? Why do these couple of ladies feel like you are a money tree? And it is just possible that a young woman might expect that sort of solicitation from a suitor - it is the norm rather than the exception.

"The girls in my area in their early 20s can't"

Did you move? This is the same pool of women as before? Or you were dating women in their late 20s or early 30s and you are baffled by the relative immaturity of younger women?

I understand your self-confidence. I don't think you are giving those girls a fair shake because your demands concerning a relationship are you-centric and you are not upfront about either. Why didn't you tell that woman no for the bear? Did you tell the hopeful gambler that you weren't interested in being a sugar daddy or did you just make an excuse for not funding her investment in financial security?

My intentions are not to hassle you so no future rejoinders from me on this subject. You may have the last word sir.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

I don't think my positive outlook on life has changed the way I feel about women. If anything, my last relationship has changed the way I feel about women. Stepping back into the dating scene after four years, lowering my expectations, but being unable to not compare the girls I've recently dated to my longest relationship is unfair to them. She was perfect on paper. We broke it off though because as I pulled myself together she fell apart. I tried to stick with her, but she forced me out of her life. I am now just looking for someone who makes me feel interested, wanted, and appreciated. Simple.

I always buy things for my girlfriends. Someone I'm just dating or talking to trying to spend my money is different. I pay for every date and such as I expect a suitor should, but I don't want to go into details to illustrate just how stupid those two were about being gold diggers. I don't know if the responsibility of going out with them is necessarily something I would blame anyone for. I didn't know they were like that, or I wouldn't have been talking to them in the first place. I did buy her the bears, because I didn't want to make an issue out of forty bucks. Her lack of interest in me and how much attention she paid to her cell phone the rest of the evening was when I decided it wasn't going to work out. Lesson learned. On to the next one.

I guess wealthy is a relative term? I have everything I want that money can buy and no debt. My goal of being a millionaire is because I want to employ all the good people in my life who can't wait for me to start a business so they can work for me. There were only two girls who I pegged as obvious gold diggers, and I think the fact that I have a good job and a nice car tipped them off. I told both of the girls directly that I had a problem with their approach and didn't think it was going to work out. I don't like it when someone isn't honest with me. Golden rule.

I have never been interested in a girl my age, or any age, in my area. The ones I have had things in common with and made relationships with were not from here. I live in a small town in Oklahoma where poor public education and reality TV has spoiled the dating pool. The girls who will amount to anything from my town grow up and blow away. The ones who stick around are either not worth anyone's time or are married. If there's an anomaly around here, I'm trying to find her.

I don't feel hassled. I appreciate your mature opinion on the matter. You never know if one little thing you say to someone over the Internet can completely change their life. I am in my early 20s. I have never dated a woman who was much younger or older. I hope I didn't seem to be arguing when I was replying above. How do you mean you-centric?

Dear LCF, sorry if this is too much information, but it is part of my story after all.