Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbine View Post
Her lack of interest in me and how much attention she paid to her cell phone the rest of the evening was when I decided it wasn't going to work out.
I see. Really, *this* is the crux of the issue not the bear. I mean, the bear reinforced her bad social manners.

Quote:
where poor public education and reality TV has spoiled the dating pool.
-->insert big Aunt Ester style hallelujah here.

I didn't realize you were so young. That does change the nature of things strictly from the number of women you have dated.

Quote:
How do you mean you-centric?
"I just don't like fake people. I don't want attention from that kind of girl. I also don't want someone with baggage"

When you are talking about what you'd like in a woman there is no 'we' or 'us'. For example, "I want someone that I can be excited about life with" or "I want someone that enjoys reading like I do". If you look at what you have said - really, who wants someone that is fake and carrying around a lot of baggage? Your current standards are a list of negatives. If you are looking for bad you'll find it every time.
reddarin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbine
Stats: 6'7, 360 down to 280 so far.
WOE: Count Nothing | Low Carb | Cheat Often
I get what you mean by you-centric now. Those are just some deal breakers. Of course I'd love to find a girl I could sit around and talk about investments with, who wants to learn more about technology from me, who cares about world events and conspiracies, and can at least try to compete with me at video games, who can focus on her health with me, but that kind of girl is nearly impossible. I just rule out the things I can't stand and see what I'm left with.
LowCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

" can at least try to compete with me at video games"

lol

Good luck with that one
Old 02-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Dance Dance Revolution, Guitar Hero, drums, Smash Bros, Mario, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Halo, Call of Duty, whatever. I always said any girl that could beat me consistently at three of my favorite games could have a ring.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

No MMORPG?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

I quit gaming almost completely after I lost weight. All I do now is social gaming when my friends come over, currently N+ coop. I have had my run with MMOs, but I don't need them anymore.

"Do you play World of Warcraft?"
No, I have a life.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #37
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
I quit gaming almost completely after I lost weight. All I do now is social gaming when my friends come over, currently N+ coop. I have had my run with MMOs, but I don't need them anymore.

"Do you play World of Warcraft?"
No, I have a life.
Harsh. I do both
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JessieBear
Stats: (218) 192/150/150 5'6"
WOE: Wheat Free
Start Date: 12/28/12
Quote:
I had chest pains, extreme fatigue, and girlfriend trouble. I had a blood pressure reading of 171/110 the day before I started my diet. I'm sure my blood sugar was terrible. My diet was sodas, half of a pizza, buffets, 4 McDoubles with a large soda, microwave burritos, Wolf chili by the can, donuts or similar for breakfast, and candy for snacks. BMI was 40.

I started low carb 9 weeks ago and have lost 50 pounds. My diet is 75% chicken salads, and 25% the other stuff like jerky, pork rines, water, diet soda, fajitas, turkey burgers without buns, cheddar, onions, bell peppers, tuna, and eggs, and a multivitamin. I don't currently exercise, but I have good intentions. I want to see the new Kevin James movie as motivation. I know he gained it all back, but he admits he derailed. I have more willpower than that. Recent blood pressure reading was 135/85 which is the lowest I have seen in 15 years. BMI is 35.

I feel more in control of my body. I haven't had chest pains. I have more energy. I pay a little more for groceries but eat less and eat out less therefor saving money. I know that my health will cost less in the long run if I get healthy. I still have girlfriend problems, but I have noticed more attention from other girls with potential. It saddens me to say that she was my double motivation for losing weight. Partly because she is my reason to live a long healthy life, and partly because I want to have more potential if it doesn't work out with her.

I am open to suggestion on zero or low carb bachelor foods. I hate wasting time cooking, and as you can see nothing in my diet takes much prep.
Get yourself a crock pot.

Unlike an oven, you can put an entire roast in and walk away for a day while it slow cooks. A few bullion cubes, some water, and your chicken/beef/pork - and you will have days worth of healthy food. Just portion into freezer-safe containers that stack, thaw one in the fridge overnight and you have a ready-made lunch.
JessieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

@red, what's your poison?

@Dottie, I was quoting the WoW South Park episode. I have never played WoW, but I have considered picking up a popular MMO to find my next girlfriend. I always liked the kind of girls I could find on an MMO. What do you play?

@Jessie, I overeat if I cook meals in advanced. I started cooking everything on a George Foreman. I figure 5 to 10 minutes prep time is necessary for me to become hungry enough to actually cook but not want to snack on anything. Nothing in my apartment takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and so I have no desire to snack.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
@red, what's your poison?

@Dottie, I was quoting the WoW South Park episode. I have never played WoW, but I have considered picking up a popular MMO to find my next girlfriend. I always liked the kind of girls I could find on an MMO. What do you play?

@Jessie, I overeat if I cook meals in advanced. I started cooking everything on a George Foreman. I figure 5 to 10 minutes prep time is necessary for me to become hungry enough to actually cook but not want to snack on anything. Nothing in my apartment takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and so I have no desire to snack.
That South Park episode was funny as heck.

I am between MMORPGs currently. In fact, I am between all games really. My kick butt desktop (I built it) is broken and I haven't gotten around to fixing it. I'm using a laptop that is not fit for serious gaming. I did pick up Fallout 3 to replay with all the DLCs on this laptop. I am exceedingly annoyed with the phone home or you can't play DRM crap that some of the best games are cursed with.

Several years ago while I was on the road for business, the group of guys I was with, all using laptops, got one of the ST TNG games and we'd play lan sessions in the hotel. Man we had a blast! I picked a spot they didn't know about and I'd head shot them lol. Finally one of them found me, snuck up behind me and waited patiently till I turned around to move to another spot and he blew my head off rofl.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: phurst_gal
Stats: 222 / 182 / 155
WOE: HCG 2.0 (Injections)
Start Date: 6/26/2013
Lowcarbine,

Thanks for checking back in! Very inspiring.

re: your 2 goals for this year

Why not kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Find yourself a rich woman
phurst_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by phurst_gal View Post
Lowcarbine,

Thanks for checking back in! Very inspiring.

re: your 2 goals for this year

Why not kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Find yourself a rich woman
avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

@red, the two MMOs I have over 10,000 hours invested in, each, would be Diablo II and a small free MMO that no one has ever heard or or cares to play. I wouldn't recommend either of those games today though, because the communities are now Brazilian. What's wrong with your desktop? I can fix it!

@phurst, the only way finding a rich woman would work is if she allowed me to use some of her money for investment capital. I, of course, could in return be everything that she wants a man to be. I want to be a facilitator of dreams. One of my friends wants to start a dance school. One of my friends wants to start a chain of storage facilities. I know both of them would be successful. I'd like to move past my day job and be a motivational speaker or even just give tech seminars. I don't even require much money to get by, about $1000 a month. I put everything else into savings.

They say it takes 10,000 hours at anything to become an expert. My list of things with that many hours invested in my life so far would be time spent with technology and computers, time spent on Diablo II, time spent playing a small free MMO no one cares about, and time spent trying to figure out females. I would consider myself an expert at three out of four. Can't win 'em all. I have made a little money gaming, but I feel like the problem-solving and social skills I gained from them are priceless.

Last edited by LowCarbine; 02-15-2013 at 02:15 PM..
Old 02-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
@red, the two MMOs I have over 10,000 hours invested in, each, would be Diablo II and a small free MMO that no one has ever heard or or cares to play. I wouldn't recommend either of those games today though, because the communities are now Brazilian. What's wrong with your desktop? I can fix it!
When it broke I was too busy to mess with it and I had just gotten a new laptop. If it weren't for the laptop I'd have fixed it already whatever the problem is. But I couldn't square fixing it after spending the money on the laptop so there it sits. Right now the laptop is still handier than the desktop would be and I am not playing any games to speak of that would demand the horsepower of the desktop.

I've been building my own boxes for about 15 years.

If my desktop has a catastrophic failure (mb and cpu), I'll probably just hold off and buy a pre-built System76 desktop. They are water cooled, have great specs and they come with Ubuntu pre-installed. Games are an issue if I go that way. I switched to an Ubuntu derived distro several months ago and I really enjoy it. I've got it installed on both laptops and another desktop (dual install on all of them). If I play Fallout I boot into Win7.