LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hberi
Stats: 127-127-100
WOE: 4hrbody
Start Date: November 2012
First Timer!

I have never been on a diet before. I have never been on any sort of regular exercise regimen either. I have also never gained 27 pounds in three months either! So here I am, the first day of the month with a little plan I began today..
I'm going to do the 4hrbody diet, along with jillian Michael's 30day shred.
I'm going to write about it on this journal to keep myself in check.

So as my first entry:
the workout I did was not nearly as tough as I thought it would be. There are 3 levels and I started with level one. Tomorrow ill do level 2 and see if jillian kicks my ass worse

This is what I ate today:
1 egg, 3 egg whites 1 cup broccoli half cup peppers and onions
Black coffee--uggghhhh hopefully I will get used to this! I am all about adding sugar and bailey's and whip cream and all that jazz to my coffee in the morning. Little did I know I was drinking like 10000 million calories?
Then lunch: cucumber (whole) sliced covered with balsamic vinegar
din: lettuce wraps 3 -grilled chicken peppers onions carrots broccoli with more cucumbers and vinegar on the side!

So all in all my first day went great!
hberi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Okay so JM got me worse than I thought yesterday. I was sore today! But I did have to walk to the mailbox today, which was two miles in the heat! But I guess I shouldn't count walking since it didn't raise my heart rate! I'm just trying to make excuses :/ and on to my diet
B. one egg three whites broccoli and peppers and onions and black coffee!
L. 2 cups lettuce 1/4 cup grilled chk 1/3 cup onions peppers and 1/2 avocado with a concoction of oliveoil and balsamic I whipped up
D. Tilapia fillet grilled with onions and pepp
Spinach half tomato and I steamed broccoli and carrots 1/2 cup. And some more of the bals and evoo vinegarette I made.

Also I bought some sugar substitute for my coffee.... wish i would have read more about stevia before I went shopping instead of when i got home!

Day 2 down- and I already am dreaming about my cheat day. I quit smoking about 3 months ago and that was the hardest thing I have done, but I must say, quitting carbs strangely reminds me of it. As in wanting lemonade, then having to remind myself I cant have it. Furthermore, strange how I gained this 27 pounds in the last three months too. Coincidence??? Damn habits.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

So I have been feeling a little lethargic since yesterday morning. I thought nothing of it until last night after I posted on here and I started feeling ill and a bit faintish. I added everything I ate the last couple days and realized ive been eating pretty much next to nothing in calories. I didn't break though! I ate a cucumber so today I upper the ante and added some food.

B. Egg, 3 whites, pep onion tomato and half avocado with half cup of black beans
L.cucumber
D. Half chk breast one chorizo link, half cup black beans, onions and pep, raw spinach with tomatoes, and half cup broccoli

I didn't work out today because I didn't really start feeling any energy or just feeling normalish again until just about an hour ago and I didn't want to risk passing out or something!

Also I would like to add that I am a complete dummie. Since I have began this diet I have been reading many many nutritional facts and blogs and all kinds of mind blowing stuff. I never paid attention to what I was putting in my mouth before because i never gained any weight. I never thought about the food just being out right bad for you. Ive learned so much in the last week about all the different fats (mono, trans, sat..) and just useless empty calories in silly things.

Let me rephrase.. I knew that foods were bad for you.. I mean no one thinks a big Mac is healthy right? But when an egg mcmiffin has 45 grams of fat?!! Or this sauce that is in my fridge is 220 cals per serving? I knew some things weren't great, I just didn't know how disgustingly bad they could be.

Color me informed.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Hallelujah! Sunday is here and I feel fantastic! I was becoming worried about how faint I was feeling the last couple days, but I think I have my eating balanced out and my body is acclimating. So! Good deal! Anyways, I got my workout on today since not doing it the last 2 days. Shame on me. I did level two and I'm not gonna lie, I had to take a five second breather (jillian doesn't allow that really). Too much jumping around. I jumped in the shower afterwards and was cooking dinner when I realized I had to sit down. Dizzy feeling? I have felt great all day and I even feel fine now. I think it was because I burnt some energy off and it was time for me to put sustinance back in my body.

B. One egg three whites, half avocado, pep onion, chicken and chorizo a qtr cup together and half cup blk beans and qtr tomato
D. Tilapia sauteed with pep and onion cauliflower and carrots steamed 1/2 cup blk beans raw spinach with evoo.

I didn't have lunch today because I slept so late. So breakfast and dinner really weren't that far apart. On this diet I wanted to try and schedule eating every 4 hrsish .. like 10, 1, 5, and 8-9... but my sleeping schedule is getting in the way of that.

Also on this diet I am going to have a cheat day, and mine is Wednesday! The 7th day after starting this whole thing.. I did something crazy today and downloaded a recipe app on my tablet and have been going thru all the desserts. Hahaha. I never thought sugar addictionss were real? !! I feel like a crazy person.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Day #5! I am ready for my cheat day! All I can say is...pancakes. oh and sugar in my coffee. So I am thinking, I have been doing pretty well at not stemming from this diet. I actually like eating like this, makes me feel not disgusting after I eat! Anyway one thing I am having a huge huge deal with is my am coffee. Would ot really be all that terrible to have a conservative amount of sugar and one tsp of milk? You know what, I could even do without the milk!! But if I am eating 98% awesome thru the week and my coffee was my only 2% not-so-great thing, would it influence my diet / goal / results that much? Maybe I am trying to reach too far, but anyway more thoughts on this later.

I skipped breakfast! I didn't want to but I had to run to town as soon as I woke to pay my electric bill.
L. spinach salad grilled chk cucumbers half tomato pep and onion and balsamic and evoo
D. Grilled chk breasted 1/2 pep and onion sauteed spinach salad with tomato and cucumber and one cup red beans.

The red beans are a little high in carbs than my usual black beans ... but, I burnt the black beans this afternoon. I didn't work out today because after I came home and lunched and burnt the beans I was so tired I fell asleep around 4:00 I think and didn't wake up until a little after 8! So by the time I made dinner and we ate it was almost ten. Anyway, tomorrows a new day.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Today was a success. I worked out right after my coffee and walked to town this afternoon (a mile).

B. 1egg 3whites 1 chorizo 1/4 tomato 1/2 cup pep and onion
skipped lunch! My schedule is weird so lunch only happens sometimes and ive decided that that's ok.
D. Half grilled chk breasted half cup red beans half cup pep and onions and 1/4 cup cauliflower

So tomorrow is my cheat day and it is bitter sweet. I almost feel like I don't deserve it since ive only been on this diet since last Wednesday, but I am gonna take it so I don't regret it later in the week. Also I think I might try to make myself sick on sweets so I wont want them for the whole next week.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

WHOOPAAAA I went crazy today.
B. banana panqueques + syrup my hubs made. Coffee +sugar/milk
L. bisquick piazza (really not terrible-250 cals)
d. Grilled chk alfredo

But my calories were only 1250! But I def went carb crazy
...also I have chocolate chip cookies in the oven right now.
I think I'm going to be sick
Old 11-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

So today I'm back on track. I worked out as soon as I woke up. Then lunch...

L.salad half can chicken (2oz) carrots broccoli pep onion tomato evoo and balsamic 1/4 cup red beans
D. Another salad! This time with chorizo pep onion broccoli carrots avocado (1/2) and tomato

I think I will weigh myself next Wednesday to see if anything is happening. That'll be my two week mark.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

So I worked out as soon as I got up again today. I think I like doing it that way, just get it knocked out first thing. I wonder when I'm going to start seeing change... my chunk went to my butt and thighs! I live by the ocean so this is unacceptable as bathing suits are customary all year round. Ugh I don't even want to think about it. So this is what I ate today:

L. spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, garlic, and evoo with balsamic
D. Spinach, zucchini, tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, and grilled chicken

Lol I ate the same thing twice basically. I drank coffee this morning too. I think I'm getting used to the artificial sweetener and zero milk. Never thought id say that lol. I cheated today a little bit, but I don't think it really counts. I took a bite of a banana. I'm not supposed to have dairy, fruit, or carbs. But the banana looked so good in the fridge! I love them chilled. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping. I need to look up some recipes I am getting bored. And the saga continues...
Old 11-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Beautiful Saturday! I didn't work out today, because I woke up drank coffee and left the house! I walked to town to go grocery shopping and walked home and made breakfast..

B. One egg 3 egg whites, chorizo, pep and onion and half avocado
D. Tilapia sauteed with pep onion and zucchini with raw spinach and evoo with half tomato

I stayed in bed watching reruns with my hubs most of the afternoon/evening.
I almost made cookies with coaxing from him, and almost talked myself into it as a reasonable treat since ive been so good on my diet... making cookies is something we did often late at night together until a week and a half ago that is!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Okay so I fell off. I made cookies. Im not sure how much dough I ate. I ate 3 cookies though. I feel terrible. I went over my calories, too. I wouldn't have if I hadn't had them.
L. Salad chk pep onion zucchini Toms cucs evoo and balsamic
D. Chorizo eggs (2) lettuce tomatoes 1/4 cup black beans pep onion

No exercise today either. Blah.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Exercised first thing in the morning, realized my arms need some serious work. I can do maybe 10 push ups before I collapse. I also need something that is tried and true for achieving an inner thigh gap. Anyway, more on that later.

B.3 whites 1 egg lettuce grilled chk broccoli carrots pep and onion with evoo and balsamic
D. Grilled chk again lettuce tomato carrots broccoli pep and onion balsamic and evoo.

I have not been eating beans because I burnt them twice. I have been irritated from this and have not tried to cook them again yet. Lol.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Alright, was a rather lazy day today. So no working out, in my defense I did get a lot accomplished. Anyway...
B. 3 whites 1 egg chorizo pep and onions and coffee
D. Salad 2 cups lettuce ground beef with pep onion broccoli carrots and tomatoes with evoo and balsamic

Tomorrow I go grocery shopping! Wait, I just realized tomorrow is my cheat day. Pancakes for breakfast! Hooray!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Cheat day success! I have ate like complete chaos today!

B.cookie and coffee with sugar and milk
L. Banana panqueques
D. Chorizo with Alfredo pasta pep and onion and cheeeeeeeese
Snack. Red velvet cake and a glass of pink lemonade.

I forgot I was going to weigh myself this morning since it is my 2 week marker, so I suppose I will wait until next Wednesday since after eating all the carbage today my weight wont be accurate. I know that weigh loss is slow so I'm really not interested in weighing myself until its been a reasonable amount of time on this diet. Tomorrow back to veggies and no dairy.. I honestly have not had any Trouble not sticking to my diet like I thought. I have strayed somewhat, like having cookies the other day etc but honestly if I make this diet a mainstay then I see no reason why you cant ride a wobbly line sometimes so to speak. I mean is it really going to affect results that much? Don't get me wrong id probably keep it at just a cookie or 2 a week or a piece of cake. But maybe not, maybe being strict until my cheat day is better so that everything stays in balance.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

I exercised as soon as I woke up.

B. 1 egg 3 whites pep onion and chorizo
S. One egg with onions diced
D. Grilled chk salad half avocado half tomato green beans carrots pep and onion

I also took a bite of some cake in the fridge. Just a bite!
and for the record my salad was delish. I used some random shaker of seasoning I bought on a whim. Super good! I cant believe yesterday was 2 weeks on my diet. Seems like so much longer.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:46 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Today was such a waste of a day. I did nothing. I didn't even take the trash out. I gathered it up and just stuck it outside the door.

B. 4 egg whites 1/4 florets cauliflower pep and onion
snack. 2 eggs
D. 2 cups lettuce half cup black beans 1/2 avocado chorizo toms pep and onion

I ate a lotta eggs today! My calories were 781. I am flying back to the States in about a month, and besides Christmas dinner at our families, I am going to stick to my diet. I started it with the intentions of only doing it for 6 weeks and that would be the week before I fly home, but I like eating this way. I don't feel gross after I eat. Its so clean. But the day I fly in is my cheat day! I am so looking forward to that, cheat day in America! Lol I'm thinking it will be really difficult going out to eat... I never go out to eat here Though so its not something I have had to deal with yet. No carbs fruit or dairy!!! Ill order coffee lol
Old 11-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Yesterday
B. 2 eggs onion pep black beand

Today
B. Coffee
D. Salad chorizo nlk beans green bean carrots pep onion some evoo

I have not been feeling great so I have not had much of an appetite as you can see!