Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   LaurelM's Journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/787881-laurelms-journal.html)

twinkerbell 10-29-2012 06:54 AM

LaurelM's Journal

Well, today is day 1 for me. I have 100+ lb to lose. I'm going to break this goal up in to smaller pieces so it's not so overwhelming. I know this will take a while, but hey, all I have is time, right?
Starting weight 261.1
I will use this journal to log my foods, thoughts, weight, exercise, and whatever else. I welcome any comments, recipes, anything!

Jazlyn 11-01-2012 06:32 AM

Good luck on your journey. :)

twinkerbell 11-10-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazlyn (Post 16051127)
Good luck on your journey. :)

Thanks! it's been slow going, but I'm stepping. it. up.
On a side note, I learned that I cannot tolerate Slim Jims :sick:
Will start posting my foods/menus tonight or tomorrow. :o

twinkerbell 11-10-2012 02:08 PM

Gallon of fresh unsweet tea: made
Boiled eggs: made
Beef & broccoli in the crockpot for dinner.
Will weigh in tomorrow. :sing:

twinkerbell 11-12-2012 08:05 AM

twinkerbell 12-16-2012 02:32 PM

I must confess, I have been doing a version of just trying to eat "better" and not as much. I think if I stick to a lower carb then I should progress faster...Need to plan my menus for the week!

GailyGail 12-16-2012 03:08 PM

LaurelM -- you can do it. In fact, you WILL do it. Please know that you have a bunch of folks who are all here to cheer you on! If you are brave enough to keep a journal, then you are strong enough to do this and get to goal. Go you!

twinkerbell 01-17-2013 07:21 AM

I'm hanging in around 255, maintained throughout the holidays without a gain. That's a relief. Now to step it up a notch! Bought a new container of ketone test strips. Stocking up on groceries this weekend. Gettin' prepared. It's already the 17th of January and I'm feeling behind.

twinkerbell 02-04-2013 02:38 PM

257.9 on 2 days ago. Ack!!! I'm struggling...

twinkerbell 02-16-2013 02:13 PM

Come on....Yes I can do this. Went to Sam's today & bought chicken, ground beef, pork chops, chicken sausages, avacados, tomatoes, and limes. Tonight I am making Chicken Piccata with mushrooms. Yum.
:)

twinkerbell 03-03-2013 10:01 PM

Ok, I'm still at 257.8 Not much of a gain but obviously I am not making myself stick with the program. Argh!:annoyed: Must. Find. Strength. :stars:

JMacB 03-04-2013 06:46 PM

I'm having a hard time staying on track myself. I hope as it warms up and we can see spring approaching ill be more motivated. Hoping. And don't look at the small gain, look at the big over-all loss! You've done a great job and you can keep doing it!

twinkerbell 03-12-2013 06:07 AM

Thanks LMacB! :shake:Encouragement is always welcome here! Yesterday's weight 257.6
It's a loss and I'll take it. A loss, any loss, makes me happy:)

twinkerbell 03-12-2013 06:41 AM

So may be I'll do better if I start posting my menus. Keep myself accountable. I joined WW Online 2 days ago, and although I was staying within my daily "points", I have felt horrible and bloated, achy belly, blah. I understand their mission, but I'm afraid that's not the right path for me. I can't trust myself at this point to eat "anything in moderation" because I don't NEED those Oreos, even if I only eat 2 and "track" them. I simply do not need it. I am severely overweight, and the next level is morbidly obese! OMG! Seriously??? Nope, I'm not going there. So I'm going to work really hard and remind myself, consistently, where I am and where I'm going. I don't know if anyone will understand, but I don't "feel" ginormously overweight. When I see pictures of myself, Iam like "Yikes", but I don't feel that big and akward. and I think that is what's hindering me. So enough of my rant....for now!

JMacB 03-12-2013 06:45 AM

I know how you feel! I don't feel like I look how I look, then I see a picture and can't believe it.

Does WW have a low-carb option? I have cut all starches and sugars, so no moderation for me either. I have to be honest with myself!

twinkerbell 03-12-2013 08:57 AM

I'm not sure- I know they have a simply filling, but there are carbs involved. I'm thinking I made a mistake joining. I'm sticking with LC. Have not decided if I will attempt to track points- will probably be a disaster. Oh we'll, you live and you learn, right?:stars:

twinkerbell 04-01-2013 12:00 PM

I'm back! I have re-dedicated myself to this WOE. I am 261.0 this morning, and here's my menu for today. I feel like I will be more successful if I keep a list of foods eaten. Maybe give myself something to look back on when needed!
B: Coffee w/Heavy cream, bacon, string cheese
S: Handful of macadamia nuts, water
L: Roast beef with mushrooms, diet root beer
S: Protein shake
D: Roast beef with mushrooms, salad w/Ranch
This puts me at 17.6 net carbs for today-;)
Not too bad for day 1 of being accountable!:yummy:

twinkerbell 04-01-2013 10:33 PM

Yay! I have stayed on plan all day. This feels like a huge accomplishment to me. Although it wasn't that bad, I'm praying it will get a little easier!

raindroproses 04-01-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurelM (Post 16349553)
Yay! I have stayed on plan all day. This feels like a huge accomplishment to me. Although it wasn't that bad, I'm praying it will get a little easier!

Yay! Congrats to you, and believe me... it does get easier in time :)

twinkerbell 04-02-2013 11:44 PM

Thanks, RAINDROPROSES!

Today:
B: Bacon, coffee w/ cream
L: Chef salad w/ turkey, provolone, ranch
D: Hot wings, celery, unsweetened tea
S: Protein shake

I am feeling amazingly well right now. Did have to take Tylenol for a headache but that was expected. All the sugar leaving my system is not a pretty picture.

twinkerbell 04-06-2013 04:04 PM

Yay I am 256.3 today! Been going strong on LC since Monday. Have not been on here everyday to log foods but I am doing ok!

twinkerbell 04-11-2013 07:12 PM

Weigh in this weekend... I'm excited :)