Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Stats: 355/293/250 (1st goal)
WOE: Kamikaze Atkin's
Start Date: Dec 1, 2003 (first time) 10/18/12 (last time)
Day Forty Four!

Forty four days in and I've lost 21 lbs! I only lost 1 lb this week, but at least it's a step in the right direction!

I've been through the "don't weigh every day" thing before. The problem is, if I don't weigh myself every day, I get sloppy. I fall into the "oh, a bit of guacamole is GOOD for me" thinking and then I wonder why my weight loss has slowed. I'd rather be aware how I'm doing every day--even if I am looking at water weight.

Packets of tuna are a great idea for my road trip. I think I may do that. I might even buy some extra dried sausage or something and put them in a small cooler. That'll help my Husband, too. He's been on for 2 weeks now and he's down almost 10lbs. (He only has 20 to lose....)

Have a great day, all!

I can do this! I prove it EVERY DAY when I avoid sugar...

October 27, 2013 :: ONE YEAR BINGE free!

Progress photos posted on my blog!
Melle's_Sweetheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
Stats: 330/249/199 first goal
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
44 days already. wow. I bet you feel great staying on track.

21 lbs is a great loss. You are moving in the right direction. Don't worry when it slows down a little. It will catch up as you keep up this great new WOE.
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Day Forty Five!

Last night I had some peanut butter, mixed with vanilla and a tablespoon of cocoa. I know I'm treading into dangerous territory, but I just felt like something sweet.

I'll have to analyze next week to determine if these things are stalling me out. This weekend, as I mentioned, I am traveling to Quebec for one of my company Christmas parties so I have to check out the menu at the restaurant to make sure that I can have something that won't interfere with my weight loss.

I woke up feeling sluggish this morning--I'm not sure what that's all about. Could be hormones because my feet are still a bit swollen.

More later!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Hi Melles, have you tried coconut bark or other LC treats? or Sometimes just some sf jello with a dollop of whipping cream eases my sweet tooth. Its good to be prepared when you're craving something sweet. thats when I get into trouble but i've learned to think ahead.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:52 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Hi Melles, have you tried coconut bark or other LC treats? or Sometimes just some sf jello with a dollop of whipping cream eases my sweet tooth. Its good to be prepared when you're craving something sweet. thats when I get into trouble but i've learned to think ahead.
I've tried every low carb treat known to man! Here's an embarrassing fact--I can't make jello. My husband has to make it or it doesn't set.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:02 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle's_Sweetheart View Post
I've tried every low carb treat known to man! Here's an embarrassing fact--I can't make jello. My husband has to make it or it doesn't set.

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

DAY FORTY SIX:

I'm feeling fine this Friday although I am as busy as a one legged man at a butt kicking contest! Ya gotta love month end when you work in Accounting!

I'm on my road trip tomorrow so I'll try to log in on my iPhone....I'm a bit nervous about what is available to eat (I think it may be a fixed menu, drat!)

On the upside, I may just get to eat foie gras again! YUMMY!
Old 12-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

DAY FORTY SEVEN!

I watched Julie and Julia a couple of nights ago and I'm thinking that my weight loss journey should take on the same dynamic as Julie's blog---since I'm counting the days, why not say that I will keep on this WOE for 365 days? I know there might be days when I have to eat something I don't want to (like tonight, sigh) but my goal is to make an effort to eat on plan without any binges (low carb or otherwise) for a full 365 days. At the end of the 365, I will weigh in and post a graph of the weight I've lost.

I have a blog page on Wordpress, so I'm not sure if it's a better idea to keep blogging here or to bring all my LCF post to Wordpress and continue there. If I make it too complicated, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep it up.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Hi Melle's Sweetheart. Just write it once and copy and paste it to the other place whenever you feel like updating. The journal should be first and foremost for you to get your feelings out. You should not be stressed because you have to write! Just update and write when you want to... and as much or as little as you want. I think when helping and motivating others, as you are doing here, it motivates you even more! You can also put a link to your blog in your signature line. I have seen others do that.. Do not make it complicated!!

Keep up the great work!!

Started a journal on 10/5/13: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...healthier.html

"We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections."
~John Lennon
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
Hi Melle's Sweetheart. Just write it once and copy and paste it to the other place whenever you feel like updating. The journal should be first and foremost for you to get your feelings out. You should not be stressed because you have to write! Just update and write when you want to... and as much or as little as you want. I think when helping and motivating others, as you are doing here, it motivates you even more! You can also put a link to your blog in your signature line. I have seen others do that.. Do not make it complicated!!

Keep up the great work!!
Very wise thoughts. You don't need complicated in your life.

Hope the party was enjoyable.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Wherever you continue posting, please be sure and let us know. I look forward to your posts and want to know how your doing.

The 365 days concept is a great one.

Hope your weekend is going well.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
Hope you are having a wonderful time on your road trip and we look forward to hearing how you approached your WOE challenges.
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Day Forty Eight!

I'm an hour away from home--thankfully my husband is driving so I can update. First of all, thanks for the blog ideas--I think I'll continue blogging here until the 365 are up so I can continue to have your support because I really need it!

The party was great! I had a starter of foie gras (it came with fruit chutney, but I didn't eat it) then I had filet mignon with an heirloom carrot and four snap peas. The carrot and snap peas were off plan but considering the amounts, the carbs couldn't have been that high. For dessert I had cheese.

I brought a snack bag and we ate omelettes at Denny's on the way..I think I did pretty well.

More tomorrow--my thumbs are too short to type on an iPhone!

Last edited by Melle's_Sweetheart; 12-02-2012 at 12:52 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Day Forty Nine:

Well, my period is due in 6 days---I'm just going to throw that out there. I gained 3 lbs in 24 hours. Go figure. I'll bet I didn't gain that much in a 24 hour period when I was gobbling 12 cupcakes in a day.

...BUT, you've all told me to stop bloody well weighing myself everyday and I should listen. Weigh in day isn't until Wednesday, but I'll be even closer to TOM by then so we shall see what the damage is.

Busy, busy day at work today AND I'm a little annoyed with my boss. (There might be more on that later).

Dipgal-I wanted to say this yesterday but I was posting on my phone---I've wanted to know the origin of your screen name for so long and now you've explained it! I would have never guessed that you have a dip business!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gabby1
Stats: 220/192/170 5'9" 47yo
WOE: Gentle Low Carb
Start Date: 6/22/2012
I believe this is what we call a "rough patch".
It is frustrating but not a reason to give up the ship.

Also, the food you ate at the shindig was probably prepared with a lot more salt and whatnot than you woul d typically use at home.

You did great at your party food-wise and your body probably just needs a coupla days to find its groove again.

Hang in there!
Leslie

Oh yeah- and stop weighing every day!!!

Last edited by Gabby1; 12-03-2012 at 09:47 AM..
Gabby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Whenever I travel and am on the road I gain some. Probably from sitting for so long at a time. I'm sure those pesky pounds will drop off during the week.

One big reason to stop weighing yourself every day is to end the frustration when the scales don't give good news. Who needs that when trying to eat healthy good and lose weight.

You're doing great! Stick with what you are doing and keep us posted.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

DAY FIFTY!

Crappy day today.

I am retaining water like mad (swollen feet) and I'm really angry at my Husband. We don't disagree often but when it happens, I get annoyed. *sigh*

Still---I haven't broken down and eaten anything I'm not supposed to. I'm still being good. Fifty days, no binges.

My psychologist would be so proud of me today!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

I feel sad today.

Prince William and Kate Middleton are having a baby. *sigh*...what I wouldn't do to have crippling morning sickness right now....The news is everywhere and although I'm happy for them, it's like every other pregnancy--I'm also sad for myself, no matter how silly that might be.

My Husband is angry at me.

Every New Year's Eve, for the past 5 years, I've invited my parents over for dinner. My mom is ill and they can't go out and party, so I make a nice meal and we stay home and watch the "Ball Drop" in NYC. My Husband never really had an issue with it before because he didn't like taking me out for NYE.

This morning, I suggested that my parents come from NYE this year and he just went off, all negative, talking about how it was "no fun" with them at our house. I asked him if he wanted to take me somewhere, but he said he just wanted to be alone with me at home OR have my friend and her husband come over. WELL, this friend and her husband were coming, along with my parents. He just doesn't want my parents there....*sigh*

My Dad spent the last two years renovating our house for free--I feel that I owe him something, if not just some time together (he's always so happy to come to our place for dinner) but my Husband won't have it. I don't know what to do. I really wanted to spend the evening with my parents and my friends.

Ah well...I'll figure out something.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

I texted my friend to see if she would be able to come over on NYE....still don't know how I'm going to tell my folks that I can't have them, too. I really hope my husband changes his mind, but it's almost 2.00 pm and I haven't heard from him yet, so I'm guessing he's still angry.

My husband is such a good person on the inside....I just don't understand why he dislikes my mother so much. If she was a mean mother in law or if she constantly showed up at our house without any announcement, I might be able to understand, but she doesn't do any of those things.

Blah. What's the point of talking about it?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I texted my friend to see if she would be able to come over on NYE....still don't know how I'm going to tell my folks that I can't have them, too. I really hope my husband changes his mind, but it's almost 2.00 pm and I haven't heard from him yet, so I'm guessing he's still angry.

My husband is such a good person on the inside....I just don't understand why he dislikes my mother so much. If she was a mean mother in law or if she constantly showed up at our house without any announcement, I might be able to understand, but she doesn't do any of those things.

Blah. What's the point of talking about it?
Do your parents come over often? Is there something they do that he doesn't like?

I think that at the very least he should tell you exactly why he does not want them over on NYE especially if that has been the thing to do in past years.

Your folks sound like good people and so does your husband. Without knowing a lot of details which of course is not necessary, I really think he should mellow out and "tolerate" this one evening with your parents.

No way should you UNinvite your parents. He needs to man up with this.

Just my two cents.

Good for you for not letting this little problem make you eat.

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!

Last edited by JayLynn; 12-04-2012 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLynn View Post
Do your parents come over often? Is there something they do that he doesn't like?

I think that at the very least he should tell you exactly why he does not want them over on NYE especially if that has been the thing to do in past years.

Your folks sound like good people and so does your husband. Without knowing a lot of details which of course is not necessary, I really think he should mellow out and "tolerate" this one evening with your parents.

No way should you UNinvite your parents. He needs to man up with this.

Just my two cents.

Good for you for not letting this little problem make you eat.
I only invite my parents to dinner on special occasions. I had family from Europe here in September and my parents were at my place for dinner then. Before that time, I don't remember the time before.

My Husband doesn't like my mother because she talks about her health too much. My mom is really ill and she's one of those people who constantly talk about her illnesses or how badly she feels. SHe's not ALL bad though, most of the time she sleeps while visiting our place. My Husband said more than once that it's "no fun" to have my parents at our house on NYE. I guess it's because my parents don't drink (not judgmental non drinkers, just never got used to it). When I suggested that it was the right thing to do since my Dad had done so much for us, my Husband said "your Dad can come, but not your Mother"...well, they're a package deal!!!!

My main argument is that my mom won't be here forever AND I'm sort of lonely NEVER having company. My husband and I spend every single weekend at home or together and even something as mundane as my sister visiting has to be checked out with him first.

I miss my family sometimes. When my Dad was renovating the house it was nice because he'd be at the house when I got home and he'd leave before my Husband arrived...but the renos are done now and it's mostly just me at home with my Husband.

I feel as if I give a lot in this relationship. My Husband is having a houseguest next week who is staying for only a couple of days. I took a day off work to clean up our guest room and cook a nice meal PLUS I'm picking this person up from the airport and dropping him off. My husband didn't ASK me to do this, it was expected. I wouldn't have dreamed of saying "NO".

OH sigh. I have to call my mom on the way home from work and as much as I don't want her to know, there's a part of me that thinks if I tell her about it, she'll fix the problem....(I know how stupid that is...telling her will cause a lot of trouble so I have to shut up)....
Old 12-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Day Fifty One:

Official Weigh in DAY: 333.4 Down by less than a lb. Drat. Damn hormones.

Oh well--I'm really busy at work today but if I get a moment at lunch I'll update (everyone?....) about my issue from yesterday.

Have a good morning!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Day Fifty One:

Official Weigh in DAY: 333.4 Down by less than a lb. Drat. Damn hormones.

Oh well--I'm really busy at work today but if I get a moment at lunch I'll update (everyone?....) about my issue from yesterday.

Have a good morning!
You're doing fine. The secret to losing weight and keeping it off is to keep going even when the scales don't give is the best news.

You are doing a great job! The scales are moving in the right direction!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are doing a great job! The scales are moving in the right direction!
I know, I know! You're so right about that....but, it annoys the heck out of me that my current weight used to be my absolute HIGHEST weight....I just want to be under 300 so I can feel like I've accomplished something...and I definitely want to be out of the 3's by the summer. I'm pretty sure I can do it, but my body tends to betray me at times.

Besides--I keep telling myself that I'm going to finally do what my psychologist told me to do and disclose my weight to my Husband (when I'm under 300 lbs). I know....I'm being silly, but I need to do it.

My husband is being nice again, but I haven't had time to really sit down and discuss NYE with him. I did find out yesterday that my friend is going on vacation that week, so they won't be able to make it. That doesn't bother me--I wanted to prepare some rabbit and I know she doesn't eat it, so it works out better for me.

I wanted to share that someone suggested pickles earlier on in my thread and I have to say that I LOVE PICKLES. I bought the type with less sodium (but I think I may be retaining water anyways) and they are AWESOME!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Ya know, I've never told anyone how much I weigh. Personally I really don't see a reason for it. Didn't he tell you to tell hubby about your secret binging in the past? Why?

We know these things aren't good, and telling others about them, even spouses, only makes some people VERY uncomfortable. Its much easier to "come clean" here anonymously, for some of us.

So I'm sayin' if you're not comfortable telling him what you weigh, then dont. Until YOU are ready. Not because someone, anyone, tells you to.

Just my two cents!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

how ya doing today, Melles? just checkin... : )
Old 12-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Day Fifty-Two!

THanks for checking up on me, JayLyn!!! It's been super busy at work today so I wasn't able to log in early like I usually do! In fact, I wouldn't even be on now except that I was checking my email, trying to determine if I can steal away at lunch and go to Solutions (doing housework tonight and I need some kind of container to put all my body lotions)....

Anyways...I'm not sure why my psychologist wants me to tell my Husband how much I weigh. I guess it's because it's a secret and she feel that if it's not just MY secret, I'll be more careful about what I eat? She could have a point there.

I weighed myself this morning and I was up a pound....*PFFT PHOOEY*...but oddly, I've been really dizzy all morning, too....weird.

Anyways...hope you have a wonderful day!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Damn the scales anyway! I'm sending good vibes for a big loss whoosh soon. Those pesky hormones sure can cause grief.

IMHO eating less because of someone else thinks or knows or whatever...just seems counterproductive to me. Just don't do anything you don't feel good about. Except eat a banana split....lolol
Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Day Fifty three!

Well, JayLyn, those pesky hormones are no match for my perscription diruetics. I took one yesterday and lo and behold--I was down 6 FREAKIN' lbs this morning. WHY or WHY does my body decide to hang on to 6lbs of fluid????? My Husband thinks that I will retain less water as I lose my weight because it's the fat cells that actually retain the fluid.

Blah....I'm starving to death...time for lunch!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Six lbs! Awesome....keep it up, Melles